Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dirk Lewser Vs. Erina Stallone II
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:18 pm

» SRW: Velvela vs Croo-El! The Wolf and the Croc!
by SimplyMoon Today at 3:13 pm

» Summer Splash 2023: Triple Threat Match: Eliza Harenwood vs Aphrodite vs Claudia Kwon
by SimplyMoon Today at 2:36 pm

» Tension/MvM/MvF
by TheLoneWanderer Today at 5:49 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 3:14 am

Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 70 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Tension/MvM/MvF

Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 am by TheLoneWanderer

As a first outing for this rebooted account, I'd like to engage some opponent in a matroom, or something equivalent, with a focus on BJJ, Catch Wrestling, MMA, etc. It can range from actual training (preferably of the character I play but I can do yours even if I'd like further teaching for BJJ.) to an extreme match. Either way, message me if you wanna bite. While I do like femdom and all that, I will do my best to treat any participants equally.

You can pick either Senji or Hiroyuki but I'm …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Civil War

+12
Kelsea
Old_Man_Tai
TripleHelix
Cy_Man
Serpon
rhapsody
Lobo
Tatyina
acuyra
LunarWolf
SleeperAgent94
Mystery Dragon
16 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Civil War - Page 3 Empty Re: Civil War

Post by acuyra Sun May 08, 2016 6:20 am

Lobo wrote:
rhapsody wrote:I went to see this tonight with my tinder date and despite not really having any frame of reference for a lot of it I thought it was pretty good

my date on the other hand spent the entire drive back complaining about the villain because apparently he should've been wearing a magenta sock on his head (?)

I am probably not gonna call him back

well, that's my civil war story

Your date had a right to complain! The man was born to wear that mask!

ALSO!

Where the hell was Spiderman's spider sense?  Nearly every time he was defeated, it was from something he didn't see coming.

It's quick, but I think he actually does dodge a few things he couldn't have seen coming otherwise. I know he dodged a chair that Winter Soldier threw at him, and I think he reacted a second early to Redbird, but he got taken by surprise becuase he didn't figure out what it was.

Spider-Sense typically just gives him a warning. It doesn't tell him what the threat is or where it's coming from, so he can be - and is often - hit by stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Sun May 08, 2016 6:22 am

yeah, for having a danger sense, Spider-Man gets the crap beat out of him pretty badly a lot of the time. He's kind of the punching bag of Marvel heroes when he SHOULD be a no selling mofo.

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleHelix Sun May 08, 2016 6:27 am

I'd also like to point out that the MCU Spidey is pretty much brand spanking new to the whole superhero gig. He's barely had his powers for what, a couple of months to a year he said? (I can't remember his actual wording)

Give him a break, he did great playing the big leagues for the first time against other empowered humans.

Edit: Derp, sleeperagent already mentioned this point, reading comprehension is your friend folks >.>

- Jean Richards
- Haru Fujiwara
- S.E.M.E. (Mitsuru Satou, Hikaru Matsuoka, Ryuunosuke Tachibana)
- Rafael Vega
- Alec Richter

Retired
- Jaguar
- Kazuhiro Hawkins
- The Oni

See something you like? Wanna set up a match? Send me a PM.
Open to m/m and m/f.
TripleHelix
TripleHelix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Sun May 08, 2016 6:45 am

HALF OF YOU ARE TALKING TO ME LIKE I WENT TO THE BATHROOM DURING THE MOVIE WHERE SPIDERMAN AND TONY HAD A CHAT.

I WILL EAT YOU ALL. I SAT THRU THE WHOLE THING.

I get that he's very new and that his in-character flaws are his youth and inexperience. It's just in every incarnation, he discovers his sense fairly quickly and uses it.

Spider sense also seems to vary doesn't it? One moment its just early warning without any direction. The next moment its letting him avoid Goblin Gliders from impaling him in the back.  Always thought its effectiveness varied from writer to writer.

I am however biased with Spiderman and would full support him beating up the entire marvel universe no matter how much bullshit was involved .

Other than that, i didnt have much a problem with the movie. Loved it more than Age of Ultron. Just wish Spiderman joined Cap like he did in the comics and that Zemo wasn't just a Soldier man. Had a better story for him though.

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Sun May 08, 2016 7:04 am

Spider-Sense has always worked the same way. The greater the danger, the more "alarm bells" go off and they generally go off in the direction of the danger.

But that's just it. If he can't SEE it, he still can't SEE it and it doesn't auto dodge for him. It just tells him the general area it's coming from and the greatness of the danger. He has come to sort of decode it, but in a swirling melee, his spider sense is probably just going:

"HOLY FUCK YOU'RE GONNA DIE FROM EVERYWHERE!"

This is probably literally the first time he has ever fought more than one person, if not, than more than one person he didn't get the drop on and, if not, more than one person who ALL HAVE POWERS and are VERY EXPERIENCED.

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Serpon Sun May 08, 2016 7:10 am

Also none of them are actually trying to kill him which why might be the reason his senses are going off.

Serpon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun May 08, 2016 7:45 am

on a scale of 1-10, I would rate this movie as being Shiny, for being actually enjoyable, having a plot that made a fair bit of sense, not being uber grim dark, and not being unpleasant to the point of sucking a whole lot.

Or to put it another way, Captain America: Civil War showed all the ways Comic Book Movies can be great and awesome, while Batman vs Superman showed everything that can be bad about comic book movies, much like all the old late 90's, early 2000s comic book films did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelsea Wed May 25, 2016 1:44 pm

Old_Man_Tai wrote:on a scale of 1-10, I would rate this movie as being Shiny, for being actually enjoyable, having a plot that made a fair bit of sense, not being uber grim dark, and not being unpleasant to the point of sucking a whole lot.

Traditionally a scale of 1-10 has a numerical rating between said numbers Razz

I've only just seen it, so late to the party as I've avoided looking at the two Civil War threads sitting in the discussion forum. It was thoroughly enjoyable, but I was expecting it to be good from everyones reaction over the last few weeks. I find it funny that Captain America films get better with each sequel that comes out... If only that was a tactic for all movie makers making follow up films...

However not sure if it counts, this felt more like an Avengers film then a Captain America film.

Spotlight
characters:
Civil War - Page 3 ELZuoMvCivil War - Page 3 OG5hnuaCivil War - Page 3 Cg3CzYmCivil War - Page 3 398g342

Prepare your face for ThE BRaT PaCK
Kelsea
Kelsea
Site Admin

http://www.afwrpg.forumotion.com/t1368-kelsea-s-karacter

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonswill Wed May 25, 2016 2:20 pm

I really enjoyed the movie and the spidey scenes were the best for me. i just loved how spiderman talked to the other heros while they were fighting all nonchalantly. he was new to fighting other power people but you got to admit he was holding his one pretty well right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cy_Man Wed May 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Kelsea wrote:However not sure if it counts, this felt more like an Avengers film then a Captain America film.

I would personally say that this movie was more about Bucky's redemption more then anything since the entire plot focused on Team Cap trying to help him clear his name and prove his innocence while Team Iron Man try to bring him in or kill him. I actually thought the same thing when I saw the trailer, since if other Marvel heroes were gonna have key roles in this movie besides Captain America, that it was more likely an Avengers movie. Besides it being more about Winter Soldier, I now think if it were more of an Avengers' movie it would have them working together rather then against each other like they did here.

Also one thing I noticed is that while this movie is so far the best in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and LOTS of people love it, said people also have switched sides on whatever team they were part of, especially those on Team Cap, they switch to Team Iron Man and hate on Cap after seeing that final plot twist near the end of the movie. Even though personally they just hate on him without good reason, as they don't take into consideration over what happened to Bucky.

I'll admit, I was the same too. I entered the theater as Team Iron Man, but after the movie I was then Team Captain America. I even posted a very long rant on social media that was widely received after I gave detailed reasons calmly of why I switched instead of nitpicking like a raging hater. If I dig for it, maybe I'll post it here if anyone's curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next