Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 2:52 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ARStudios2000 Today at 8:59 am

» No Pains, No Gains! (for TheLoneWanderer)
by TheLoneWanderer Today at 8:20 am

» Zebra Woman under fire: Vegetables don't get you far!
by ARStudios2000 Today at 7:36 am

» Dirk Lewser Vs. Erina Stallone II
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 2:42 am

Who is online?
In total there are 68 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 66 Guests :: 3 Bots

SigmaMorgan, Teenwrestler

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Tension/MvM/MvF

Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 am by TheLoneWanderer

As a first outing for this rebooted account, I'd like to engage some opponent in a matroom, or something equivalent, with a focus on BJJ, Catch Wrestling, MMA, etc. It can range from actual training (preferably of the character I play but I can do yours even if I'd like further teaching for BJJ.) to an extreme match. Either way, message me if you wanna bite. While I do like femdom and all that, I will do my best to treat any participants equally.

You can pick either Senji or Hiroyuki but I'm …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Something New for Tension

+22
wrestleryu
TekRobo
kamina_tamotsu
FlameofHope
XSirenX
beangraff
kiranar
IndigoDragon
Kounoko
daemongirl
Old_Man_Tai
Harrier
Kitten
Alexandra
Bluemouse
hamish1024
Kelsea
Deus001
ThunderFox
Lobo
TaliZorah
Tatyina
26 posters

Page 10 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

Something New for Tension - Page 10 Empty Re: Something New for Tension

Post by Lobo Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Also. We're not being forced to do this, though I have my own problems with those who DO want to use it and how it could affect me.

I also believe some of us are over exaggerating the affects of this and (apparently) we're not getting shafted if we oppose this idea. At least that's what I was told.

We've only had 1 champion since the birth of Tension Pro so we cant really say this is gonna cripple us. But I dont need the duos so I'll prolly opt out. This thread is pointless now as we're kinda just talking about how offended we are.

I don't feel anyone is being mean to me for opposing the idea. But i feel like my opinions are being dismissed and replaced with a joke. That's nothing new. *shrugs*

/I/ didn't read everything here and I kind of jumped the gun. I think alot of us here are also paranoid we're being MADE to do this against our will and it will remove things we want to do.

At the end of the day we're just wasting time here, nothing changes and if it does, will any of you who don't like it really abide by these rules? We're just gonna go about our business like nothing and not even care. We're gonna keep writing the stories we were doing before like nothing happened. I'm up to my neck in Tension shit that I need to make more chars cuz I feel like my char is having Wolverine syndrome. (Appearances in everyone's book) And at the end of the day, he'll stunner every cock, vag and sweet transvestite in the arena. YOUR CHARS CAN TOO!

Give into apathy everyone and just stop caring. I feel ashamed i spent more time wasting my time having my ideas dismissed and joked about than actual posting. Tension wont change anyway, roster is too small. If you want stories we have to make them on our own. It's been that way since 09. Nothing's changed. Friction's the same way. Nothing's changed.

Apathy people, apathy.

Last edited by 621 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:18 pm

I don't think we, who had spent a long time trying to hammer out the ideas have been dismissive. We sort of expected to have to try and explain it multiple times.

Everything we were hoping wouldn't happen in the discussion basically happened and while we were trying to explain things, the "loudest" feedback sounded like "OMG TENSION RUINED FOREVER WITH THIS IDEA!!!" or "It's pointless, why even bother."

it's frustrating because a) usually people are very receptive to ideas and even if there is criticism to an idea it's never this fatalistic. And b) a lot of the people arguing against it seemed to be taking a minor point of the idea and using that as the focus of their dislike of the idea.

The frustrationn comes, not at the people who disagree, but for us who posted because it feels like we failed in communicating the idea we had. I checked and double checked my OP before I even posted it and still ended up the way we feared it might.

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Right so we should stop caring, let this happen and watch it live or die. Or ignore it.

Also never follow Lobo, kids. He dumb.

Last edited by 621 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:40 pm

We're thankful for the feedback, even if it doesn't seem that way.

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by beangraff Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:40 pm

My original thought stands: This is a great idea on paper, let's try it.

We've nothing to loose.

My biggest worry was that I'd come off as a nit picker, that's why I tried to make it clear that my one small problem was that, a small concern. It may not even come up.

But you know what, I'm going to go one step further. If this goes through, I'm going to use this duo system to create a really crazy and dramatic story with the Champ when the title thread is over. (However, I would have to either be seriously persuaded, or directly asked to by the staff with whom I will comply, to allow John's partner to defend the title by proxy.)

Anyway, let's try it. I'm going to take this and use it as a story tool. We can address worries about the title when and if they come about.

Last edited by 199 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Your writings and head are disordered and mixed up, so that it is exceedingly annoying to read and difficult to remember what you write.

Primarily Tension (but will take the train over to Friction)
Ro Laren
Amanda Clare

Tension
John Mitchel- Former Tension World Champion
Anthony Fuller
beangraff
beangraff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelsea Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Ok, so in an attempt to ensure that criticism are not in fact being dismissed as well as give everyone visibility to the fact that critique's are actually having an effect, I've decided to write a list of the major sticking points and important notes that I have learnt from comments over the period of this discussion:

1. people care about linear progression of the title (ie. the challenger and eventual winner of the title should be able to beat the ACTUAL champion), which is something that has honestly not occurred to me at all (probably because it's something not personally important to me, but it is to others). Even if we were not to do the duo idea, this will come in important when faced with future title matches and swaps. If people tell us that they happier not getting a shot if it is not against the actual champion, then we now won't give them the shot

2. We can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.. So we could create all of this and still have people who do little towards storyline progression (hence the suggestion that this is added complication without the gain of everyone jumping on the storyline wagon)... I've seen it happen before so fully understand how it could be a big possibility. If we were to go ahead with duos and this issue does become an eventuality, then the system might be more for people who already actively make use of storylines rather than those who don't and perhaps we should look at and adjust the long term goals of this

3. championship MvM matches currently isn't a big issue. I kinda knew this already, but I noticed Tai mentioned it so I guess it might look like I *do* see it as an issue.. We have indeed been able to cope just fine without any system and not ended up with TOO many incidences of MvM that one of the members didn't want (although match arrangement can be a struggle for the mods in tournaments)

I think as a follow on from this point, it might be a reasonable to suggest that if you DO opt out of the duo system, and your male characters does win a belt or get put into a tournament... You are in effect saying that you are happy to defend or have tournament matches as MvM. What is thought about that?

4. It was suggested by Lobo that if a duo steps in for a title match (for instance at the end of a tournament that the other half has been fighting) and wins the title, then the two duos who have won the title should have to fight it out right away. I think this is a great idea... It was also suggested that this be made a rule to ensure that the duos do fight it out, I'm willing to consider this but I do fear about throwing too many rules into it and making people feel forced (if the duos don't want to fight it out afterwards, then they probably shouldn't).

Is there any other major points people want to add to the big list or things that have been missed?

Last edited by 2 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Spotlight
characters:
Something New for Tension - Page 10 ELZuoMvSomething New for Tension - Page 10 OG5hnuaSomething New for Tension - Page 10 Cg3CzYmSomething New for Tension - Page 10 398g342

Prepare your face for ThE BRaT PaCK
Kelsea
Kelsea
Site Admin

http://www.afwrpg.forumotion.com/t1368-kelsea-s-karacter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:27 pm

[quote="Tatyina":1v0ftsz6]Everything we were hoping wouldn't happen in the discussion basically happened and while we were trying to explain things, the "loudest" feedback sounded like "OMG TENSION RUINED FOREVER WITH THIS IDEA!!!" or "It's pointless, why even bother."

it's frustrating because a) usually people are very receptive to ideas and even if there is criticism to an idea it's never this fatalistic. And b) a lot of the people arguing against it seemed to be taking a minor point of the idea and using that as the focus of their dislike of the idea.
I think another large part of the criticism for this idea comes from there being a long history of new things being tried on this site that either don't get supported or end in failure, especially in regards to Tension (Which has always been treated as a lesser brand anyway). Remember the Sex Wars point system that was overly complicated and didn't really make any sense with the board's format? Or Tension Heights, which had a handful of threads and then got completely abandoned? I don't think you can really blame the people that take an active part in Tension for being wary of something new being tried with the brand, especially when it's billed as 'Tension's REAL chance to make REAL storylines'. That's kind of implying that they can't do any kind of storylines now, and the ones that they do have aren't REAL storylines, y'know?

And again, I am not trying to say this is a bad idea. Not at all. I just think it needs to be thought through more, and that it shouldn't be expected that this is suddenly going to start making people take an interest in Tension and start making storylines there. That's all.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by FlameofHope Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:53 pm

I normally don't stick my face into srs bsnss threads because I don't want to be looked at as "that guy that no one knows exists so why should we listen", but I feel like I wanna step in and cool the mood this time around.

First thing i'd like to say is everyone should take a deep breath, clam down, and understand that no one here is trying to offend anyone. I've only been lurking for like 3 years but you all clearly seem to treat each other like family and really care about each other.

Ok so on topic. I like that the mods are trying to think of new ideas to liven up things, whether it be in Tension or anywhere else. I'm not a fan of the idea personally but I don't actually RP here so it really doesn't matter what I think. What matters is that the mods see an issue and are trying to take steps to make it better.

However i'd like to add that I agree with Alex that it seemed a bit oversold with the "a Real chance to make Real storylines". I also feel that there was no answer to the question of "how will this idea really fix tension". It's an idea, but it's really not as hype as you're making it. I don't think anyone looked at this thread and thought "Hey yea, I can make one of those corny WWE Vince McMahon style "Oh i'd love to face up and coming face (dbryan, cena, etc) but I stubbed my toe so I'll send in my duo, undefeated newcomer/recently brought back heel (Umaga, the shield, heel khali, etc)". This will totally make me interested in Tension".

But again i'd like to say: It's better to have a mod actively trying to fix issues than a mod that just sits there slaying kitchen-hydras

Last edited by 12043 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spoiler:
FlameofHope
FlameofHope

Back to top Go down

Post by kamina_tamotsu Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:32 am

Hmm...it sounds like a good Idea. I would be interested in seeing where it goes given I was more active...

Something New for Tension - Page 10 33d5fa04-14de-4b75-a7f6-4e340d4365f6_zpsed21e3ccSomething New for Tension - Page 10 Cdf5591f-c9fe-408a-8eee-9fa1b842359a_zps3d34a626

kamina_tamotsu
kamina_tamotsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:25 am

Both Bean and Alex are right, especially Alex's point about people being wary of new overhyped idea's for Tension.

That being said, I'll support the idea.

[quote="Kelsea":1ekorc0d]
I think as a follow on from this point, it might be a reasonable to suggest that if you DO opt out of the duo system, and your male characters does win a belt or get put into a tournament... You are in effect saying that you are happy to defend or have tournament matches as MvM. What is thought about that?

I think it's a good point. You can't opt out, have a guy with the belt, and then bitch if another male gets the shot or you end up in a tournament match against them. You would have had a chance to prevent that from happening, and you didn't use it.

[quote="FlameofHope":1ekorc0d] I've only been lurking for like 3 years but you all clearly seem to treat each other like family and really care about each other.

This is not home. We are not family.

Last edited by 143 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next