Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 6:25 am

» Saori Saito vs. Catherine Celestial (mid-show undercard)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:01 am

» Gyro Zeppeli vs Blanc and Noir - Cowboys and Bunnies
by Deus001 Fri May 10, 2024 10:59 pm

» Avalanche 2023: Tag Match: Daichi Kurozu/John Carnaby vs Koto-Chan/Adama Saadia
by Scourger X Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» Live To Serve (For Scourger)
by Scourger X Fri May 10, 2024 1:41 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 138 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 138 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

AFW Writing unison

+15
anegge
TaliZorah
WrestlerAngel
LunarWolf
Tatyina
Alexandra
Lobo
Harrier
Old_Man_Tai
Bluemouse
ThunderFox
daemongirl
XSirenX
kiranar
Kelsea
19 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

AFW Writing unison - Page 3 Empty Re: AFW Writing unison

Post by Bluemouse Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 pm

My recent match (Cassie vs Dark Angel) was decided before hand, and it was my favorite non-Akashi vs Taylor match in a long long time. Because it was decided, we were free to hit the spots without having to worry about "if I sell this, they might not let me up and I don't wanna lose this fast".

Usually, how it works in my experience is when it gets to the end of the match and it looks like you're going to win, the other person's counters start getting goofier and goofier until you ask "so should I just lose this one?"

Point being, the Cassmatch was pretty boss.

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 pm

[quote="Tatyina":2qpw10y9]The directory isn't necessarily exclusively for the Main Title. It's more of a way to show who, of the hundreds of characters, are the ones that will be available for use in main sotrylines and those who want to be pushed for belts. Or at least have consideration for belts.

That way the rest of the roster can be more considered to be for one-offs or preliminary matches for newbies who are looking to get into the site. That doesn't mean that no newbie can never have a match or rp with any of those girls, but it sort of gives a list of the more active wrestlers without necessarily putting them in any kind of upper mid or lowcard spot

I don't know if this is the BEST way to put it... but the new directory could be considered something like a combination of mid-high carders. And everyone else would be considered a lowcard. Because they aren't used or the member is inactive or what have you.

it's just a way to clarify.

Very interested in seeing how this would play out. Would the mods be basically going through the rosters and picking out who to add to the list, or having people send in who, of their people, they think should be on said list, or will it be based off of things like characters that are consistently used in matches as opposed to ones that only appear every so often?

Seems like a good idea to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Also, if there is an issue and the two players can't decide for themselves about who is going to win and who is going to lose, then they can simply be removed and/or replaced BEFORE the match.

I personally have had enough of dealing with it after the match is underway.

EDIT: the members would submit the characters themselves and it wouldn't necessarily be a single character. And characters could be added/removed as the member saw fit.

(At least that's the tentative thought on it)

Last edited by 445 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Sounds good then. Thanks for explaining

[quote="Bluemouse":3kuhcts2]My recent match (Cassie vs Dark Angel) was decided before hand, and it was my favorite non-Akashi vs Taylor match in a long long time. Because it was decided, we were free to hit the spots without having to worry about "if I sell this, they might not let me up and I don't wanna lose this fast".

This^ This for the win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 pm

If fights like that float your boat, more power to you^^

Sadly that holds little appeal to me and would basically eliminate people like me from any title matches in which I feel that the characters involved are of more or less equal chance of winning. And I am not pressuring my opponents in any direction and pay dues.

So take this as a serious question and not a trolling attempt please:
What about people like me then?

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:02 pm

I'll answer your question with another question.

What do you do when you come across someone who WANTS to have a pre determined outcome? do you just avoid THEM?

Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranar Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 pm

I wouldn't avoid them because if the fighter is a very seasoned fighter in their perfered match type while I am less experienced of the two. I would talk it out with them to determine an ending that will make be enjoyable. While I don't get too many chances for that situation so I will just fade back out and let the seasoned people and perfered rookies have their fun.
kiranar
kiranar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelsea Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 pm

I'd like to state first a foremost that predetermined matches aren't a new thing... When I first started AFW I *only* took part in predetermined matches and strongly advised people to determine the outcome of their matches as well. I still personally by far prefer to have predetermined matches then undetermined ones.

[quote="LunarWolf":a6xoa5vj]Still if it now is such a big problem with Titles and alike, how will deciding before the match solve it ? Unless it's randomly decided like with a RNG style or something. I don't know, I still like the changes and stuff, hope they work out! ^_^

The idea is that members are more likely to work together to agree upon an ending if they discuss it before a punch has even been thrown, once a match outcome has been agreed the whole RP is then focused on enjoyment and putting on a show rather then "the win" being in the back of the mind. If a match remains undecided at the beginning, the RP itself may suffer as a result of both writers trying to push for the win during the course of the match.

[quote="kiranar":a6xoa5vj]For important matches like first contender to belt matches have mods interveine if the match looks like it is getting out of call the match as they see fit.

If this was 100% stress free, I would not be making alternative suggestions. These ideas are suppose to prevent matches from even getting out of hand in the first place. Its better to be proactive rather then reactive

[quote="Harrier":a6xoa5vj]
Sadly that holds little appeal to me and would basically eliminate people like me from any title matches in which I feel that the characters involved are of more or less equal chance of winning. And I am not pressuring my opponents in any direction and pay dues.

So take this as a serious question and not a trolling attempt please:
What about people like me then?

I have strongly considered that there would be people who might not like prearranged matches and what that would mean for title matches involving them. For it to really be an issue, the member would have to absolutely detest arranged matches (because if they simply *favoured* undetermined matches, that wouldn't stop them from having the odd arranged match)...

If someone did feel this way about prearranged matches, I think there is a strong chance that the reason they don't like it is because they like the competition in having a match (between members), or that they don't want to be in a position where they might have to agree that their character will lose... Its ok to have the odd match with a bit of friendly competition, but not when it comes to title belt matches.

A Title belt is not a trophy for members to say "look at how good my character is", its not even to say "Look at how good my RPing skills are that I've been able to win this belt". A Title belt in AFW is a tool to facilitate the story you are creating, it is the seasoning to a match in order to give it a little more spice... The belts certainly AREN'T more important then the storyline surrounding the belt... if the storyline isn't "all that", then the belt isn't "all that"... And unfortunately I think that's being forgotten a little..

When I or one of the mods set up a title match for you, you are agreeing to carry on the title belt storyline, not to take part of a competition...

Spotlight
characters:
AFW Writing unison - Page 3 ELZuoMvAFW Writing unison - Page 3 OG5hnuaAFW Writing unison - Page 3 Cg3CzYmAFW Writing unison - Page 3 398g342

Prepare your face for ThE BRaT PaCK
Kelsea
Kelsea
Site Admin

http://www.afwrpg.forumotion.com/t1368-kelsea-s-karacter

Back to top Go down

Post by daemongirl Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:10 am

I think what harrier was saying is that for him knowing the outcome of a match before hand is like having a movie or a good book spoiled, it takes some of the fun out of it. Predetermined matches just aren't for everyone even if thats what some of you guys like, me personally I have never done a prearranged match but I wouldn't be against it.
daemongirl
daemongirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 am

It's not as though we are saying that all matches from now on should be predetermined. Just title matches.

Also, predetermination of winner doesn't mean the whole match is outlined and done in advance either. Part of the fun of a predetermined match is making it so that the readers still THINK the match is predetermined. Also, it's not as if WE are deciding who wins and looses. That, also, is still up to the players unless there is a conflict.

I think that if you really can't have any fun if the match is predetermined, for just a SINGLE match, then maybe title shots aren't for you? I don't think it's a whole lot to ask for all things considered.

Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next