by Blue_Snakie Today at 1:12 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Kairi Kamiya vs. Elizabeth "Riza" Hawkeye
by Old_Man_Tai Today at 1:11 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - John Carnaby vs Cami Brumwell
by Old_Man_Tai Today at 12:57 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Yori Yesterday at 11:56 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 232 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 229 Guests :: 2 Bots

Blue_Snakie, CrashTestDumbass, Yori

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts

+6
Old_Man_Tai
Tatyina
Maxy
Lobo
anegge
ThatOneGuy
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts

Post by Lobo Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:21 am

[quote="anegge":1duah137]
Please, have your' character make a fuss about this topic in the promo forum, and start something with one of the "top ranking" characters. That is the kind of thing we want to happen.

What like this???

http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/afw-promo-f44/clyde-gastin-kelly-conway-talk-about-the-friction-ranking-t3435.html

Last edited by 621 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:02 am

Well, Tai here, back from my little vacation and I see this topic...Since Im bored, Ima gonna toss my hat in this convo and make my little opinion heard....quit whining. Seriously, theres three spots left, if you or Maxy think you deserve a shot, step up and talk with the mods about it, they know what they are doing, despite what you think. as it was said by Lobo earlier, its based off activity and how long youve been a member, in that regards, Ive got more posts, therefore, activity, then you or maxy, and Ive been a member of AFW longer then a rather large amount of the people here, considering I joined in 04, however, I have rather limited activity in the Friction board, perfering Sex Wars, since I usually suck at playing girls, yet when I was passed up, I didnt complain, because the ones that had been chosen deserved it and worked harder for that Friction Ranking then I did. Seriously, what is it with these youngins questioning the decisions of our mods lately? this is like the third time already. If they didnt know what they were doing, they wouldnt be in the positions they are in.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatOneGuy Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:51 am

[quote="Tatyina":2dqf9mkn]Thank you everyone for your input. I hope that clears up some things but if you still have questions or comments, please let us know.

And I thank you for answering my questions, no matter how much it came off as 'whining'. Although, I do have to say, what I was doing was just asking questions, yes, I said it was flawed, but things like this can often be flawed, although I have to say that the approch to this is a lot better then other ranking lists I have seen.

Now, as a bit of how great the responce(s) were, I do have some things to say though. Yes, most of my questions were answered, however, some were not answered in the way I had expected. I still want to know if there was a four-way dance in the ranking system and the person with the lowest number won if they would replace the one with the highest number in that match, I saw that for the three-way if that would happen, but I am still curious if it would work like that for similar match types.

Also, thank you for your answer the most Tatyina, as maker of this list (rightfully so seeing how calm you were about this) your answer showed me that there is a great amount rationality behind all of this and no longer have as much of a problem with this (but even though I still have my doubts, they are minimal).

Also, I know for a FACT that I don't belong anywhere on this list, so don't any of you go pointing at me and give me that look. I know that I am 'green' and have a long way to go to get anywhere NEAR a ranking system like this.

ThatOneGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:09 pm

It's no trouble at all. I'm glad I could help. We want this to be as smooth and fun as possible, for everyone.

If you mean like a fatal fourway style match, then I suppose yes. That could work that way.

Though I would be more prone to a "Rankings challenge" match where the first person to score a pinfall earns the highest spot and then is removed from the match, the next pin gets the next highest ranking and is removed from the match, so on and so forth. Also if people were truly interested and we were feeling ambitious I would consider a "Rankings Rumble" style match where your ranking is determined by how long you lasted in an over the top battle royale.

However matches such as these wil probably never take place unless the rankings system is both popular and active.

If no one likes or participates int he system then such enterprising matches may never occur.

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelsea Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:02 am

Ironically several months back, Luffy's Kirin (the current champion) did two shout out to anyone who was interested in a title shot but she didn't get much in the way of response. It seemed like no one was interested in the AFW Friction main title belt ¬.¬ and picking a number 1 contender was a difficult process... So Tatyina thought up this top ten ranking system to get people interested in the main title belt and ensure that there was always action to contest the belt. Suddenly everyone is interested in the main belt now so in that respect this top ten system has already been successful before its even started! ^_^

But I think there is one point that is being lost in translation which is what is fueling most of the complaints/questions/doubts from the members here:

Wrestlers outside of the top ten system can still get a shot at the title

The title holder can still choose to wrestle who ever they want for the belt (so can choose someone from outside the system). In addition the GM (Cassandra) or commissioner (Lukretia) might decide on a whim to set up any title match they feel like.

If you had a character that is not part of the ranking, it doesn't mean you can't get involved in the race for the title... If your character's a heel, she might try slating the champion (or one of the ranked wrestlers) over the mic and in interviews, interrupt their matches (although only with the players permissions) and whine to the GM/Commissioner to get a title shot or to be put into the ranking system... Whereas a face might challange the champion to a non-title match and then if they beat them, request a title shot.

[quote="anegge":795yug20]Please, have your' character make a fuss about this topic in the promo forum, and start something with one of the "top ranking" characters. That is the kind of thing we want to happen.

This is a good point

Spotlight
characters:
Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts - Page 2 ELZuoMvDon't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts - Page 2 OG5hnuaDon't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts - Page 2 Cg3CzYmDon't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts - Page 2 398g342

Prepare your face for ThE BRaT PaCK
Kelsea
Kelsea
Site Admin

http://www.afwrpg.forumotion.com/t1368-kelsea-s-karacter

Back to top Go down

Post by anegge Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:04 am

[quote="ThatOneGuy":18hge6fv]
for example, say they have a four-way dance (they won't) and say that #5, #6, #7 and #8 are on there, and #8 pins #7, would #8 go up to #5? I mean technically #8 won.

[quote="Tatyina":18hge6fv]
For example #6 can challenge #5 or #4.

I'm gonna go ahead and call myself out on this part of my comment for being an idiot. My intention was to imply that challenges would be one on one. That's stupid. Other than feasibility concerns, a four way match is another example of the kind of cool ideas that we are looking to encourage.

We are always interested in suggestions and questions, even if you are never going to become directly involved with this (or other) plans. Just don't expect me to stop antagonizing you guys. I'm gonna go ahead and keep doing that.

NEWS FLASH: the Archergurl who you speaking of is not part of AFW anymore and she's currently working in production for new game titles in Japan. I'm her Canadian friend who she gave her PC due to mines has crashed. She was nice enough to give it to me to help a friend in need. So she got a spared one that she uses for the things I've mention above. BTW, Anegge and Alexandra be sure to check the E-mail adresses carefully. As Archergurl and me aren't the same thing.

My wrestlers
Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts - Page 2 GXChUKwDon't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts - Page 2 1BElGMIDon't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts - Page 2 UR8UylU
anegge
anegge

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am

And since I know more people will be reading THIS than the other notice board for the Ranking system I'll put it here as well...

Please check the Ranking system board for official changes in rankings and updates.
I don't want to be using THIS board to do it (Though I feel we probably might end up doing it anyway since we seem to be getting better feed back here -.-; )

Also,
We would like YOU, the members, to be responsible for creating the rankings matches.

They are YOUR characters after all, the moderators can only nudge and suggest so much. HOWEVER,

Since this is the inagural round of the rankings system I may be able to convince your friendly Friction Commisioner Lukretia Von Creuzfeldt to arrange the initial matches for you guys.

It wopuld be # vs. #4 and @5 vs. #6 and #7 vs. #8 for now.

Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirno Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Right right, read all these posts for a bit.

First off, who said my little Sharaiya is joining this?

I thought I spoke with Tatyina that I didn't feel like entering cause I have no time for it.

And with me not responding that much/taking my time to replying to certain matches.

Well, I'm an asshole, deal with it.

Middle Weight:
Raiye Amikura
Kagura Rine

Kawaii:
Cerbera Kashnakov
Cirno
Cirno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 pm

[quote="Cirno":km3ve616]Right right, read all these posts for a bit.

First off, who said my little Sharaiya is joining this?

I thought I spoke with Tatyina that I didn't feel like entering cause I have no time for it.

And with me not responding that much/taking my time to replying to certain matches.

Well, I'm an asshole, deal with it.

I thought you said you were alright with it.
It's no problem to just remove her fromt he list though. I'm sure Kelly will be happy.

Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirno Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:38 pm

I think I said it was fine months ago, then I am pretty sure I said afterwards that I had no time for it.

Oh well, thank you for removing.

Middle Weight:
Raiye Amikura
Kagura Rine

Kawaii:
Cerbera Kashnakov
Cirno
Cirno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next