by Yori Today at 9:06 pm

» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:48 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:35 pm

» Zebra Woman vs. Renegade Steinhauser - Big Bertha vs. Little Rogue
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:31 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 130 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 130 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts

+6
Old_Man_Tai
Tatyina
Maxy
Lobo
anegge
ThatOneGuy
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts Empty Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts

Post by ThatOneGuy Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:56 am

Well, the way they set it up is flawed in my opinion, how do they go by who should be ranked? It can't be wins, Kelly Conway is on there (no offense Lobo) Also, everybody is going to think differently on who should be on there, what if I think one of my characters should be on there? Also, although the system sounds good on paper, there could be a bunch of complications on there, for example, say they have a four-way dance (they won't) and say that #5, #6, #7 and #8 are on there, and #8 pins #7, would #8 go up to #5? I mean technically #8 won. Also, I don't like the fact that the person who made that list put her own at #2, although that character is in a match with the champ right now, if they weren't in that match, that person could have gotten away with that, there needs to be a third party for that.

ThatOneGuy

Back to top Go down

Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts Empty Re: Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts

Post by ThatOneGuy Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:31 am

Also, I think Maxykun's character Kei should be on there.

ThatOneGuy

Back to top Go down

Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts Empty Re: Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts

Post by anegge Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:33 am

Why didn't you post this in the thread where Tatyina asked for "any comments or questions"?

NEWS FLASH: the Archergurl who you speaking of is not part of AFW anymore and she's currently working in production for new game titles in Japan. I'm her Canadian friend who she gave her PC due to mines has crashed. She was nice enough to give it to me to help a friend in need. So she got a spared one that she uses for the things I've mention above. BTW, Anegge and Alexandra be sure to check the E-mail adresses carefully. As Archergurl and me aren't the same thing.

My wrestlers
Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts GXChUKwDon't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts 1BElGMIDon't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts UR8UylU
anegge
anegge

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatOneGuy Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:36 am

Because I guess I did not read that part. :?

ThatOneGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:16 pm

Lobo's Third Party View

Tatyina: "As we said before, We're looking to fill out the top ten.

Those looking to be apart of the Top Ten Rankings must be the best of the best. If you think one of your characters is worthy of joining the top ten then please contact an admin and we'll look your fighter over. Once the top Ten Rankings are full to ten, The requirements for getting a shot to enter the rankings will lighten up a bit and mostly consist of beating either the #9 or #10 ranking fighters to gain entry."

Part of The rankings were based on activity, And if I recall about 1-3 months ago when this thing was getting started, you and maxy were not COMPLETLY ACTIVE at the time. (I could be wrong tho). Not too mention alot of the other members have quite a few friction matches under their belt. Possibly more than you and maxy. (Again, I could be wrong)
TOG, you have been here since - Jul 21, 2010 - Which was about 4 months ago. So You are still kinda "Green" in terms of activity compared to some of the members with characters on the rankings list.

Another factor in the rankings was "How long you've been a member here." Me and Maxy have been here have been here since summer of 2009, but he hasnt had as many ranked

with Kei, as do with Kelly. Kelly Conway has least 8 completed singles matches. Kei doesnt even have a completed singles match yet... (Sorry Maxy)

Also Tatyina's character Akashi Tanikaze has been a contender for the title with Kirin Sumomo since Anegge edited the details in the misc info thread back on Mon Aug 23, 2010.

(You can see for yourself) And for all I know; Those two may have been contenders for the title before that date.

But like Anegge said. (along with the thing above) "If you think one of your characters is worthy of joining the top ten then please contact an admin and we'll look your fighter over." Kelly Conway was at first #6 But Tatyina moved her down to #7 to make room for Cirno's character: Sharaiya Drackanov. And Sharaiya without a doubt deserves a spot way more

than Kelly does. Truthfully I do not think Kelly would even be able to touch the top ten because of her record, and im sure alot of the other players and their characters deserve a spot more. (The Active ones at least.) But she has been around fighting here for quite a while, and 8 completed matches goes along way.

If ANYONE thinks they need to be included in THAT LIST way more than (**INSERT UNDESERVING CHARACTER HERE**).... Just go ask for a spot and see where you stand among everyone else and work your way up like a good jabroni should.

Last edited by 621 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Lobo's Third Party View with no [p

Tatyina: "As we said before, We're looking to fill out the top ten.

Those looking to be apart of the Top Ten Rankings must be the best of the best. If you think one of your characters is worthy of joining the top ten then please contact an admin and we'll look your fighter over. Once the top Ten Rankings are full to ten, The requirements for getting a shot to enter the rankings will lighten up a bit and mostly consist of beating either the #9 or #10 ranking fighters to gain entry."

Part of The rankings were based on activity, And if I recall about 1-3 months ago when this thing was getting started, you and maxy were not COMPLETLY ACTIVE at the time. (I could be wrong tho). Not too mention alot of the other members have quite a few friction matches under their belt. Possibly more than you and maxy. (Again, I could be wrong) TOG, you have been here since - Jul 21, 2010 - Which was about 4 months ago. So You are still kinda "Green" in terms of activitycompared to some of the members with characters on the rankings list.

Another factor in the rankings was "How long you've been a member here." Me and Maxy have been here have been here since summer of 2009, but he hasnt had as many ranked with Kei, as do with Kelly. Kelly Conway has least 8 completed singles matches. Kei doesnt even have a completed singles match yet... (Sorry Maxy)

Also Tatyina's character Akashi Tanikaze has been a contender for the title with Kirin Sumomo since Anegge edited the details in the misc info thread back on Mon Aug 23, 2010. (You can see for yourself) And for all I know; Those two may have been contenders for the title before that date.

But like Anegge said. (along with the thing above) "If you think one of your characters is worthy of joining the top ten then please contact an admin and we'll look your fighter over." Kelly Conway was at first #6 But Tatyina moved her down to #7 to make room for Cirno's character: Sharaiya Drackanov. And Sharaiya without a doubt deserves a spot way more than Kelly does. Truthfully I do not think Kelly would even be able to touch the top ten because of her record, and im sure alot of the other players and their characters deserve a spot more. (The Active ones at least.) But she has been around fighting here for quite a while, and 8 completed matches goes along way.

If ANYONE thinks they need to be included in THAT LIST way more than (**INSERT UNDESERVING CHARACTER HERE**).... Just go ask for a spot and see where you stand among everyone else and work your way up like the good jabroni that you are.

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxy Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Warning - rant ahead.

I do have one (was over im and the archives were lost sadly. I do have complete matches on the board with Lita and Daisuke however). Not arguing with the who number of completed matches thing you mentioned, but matches shouldn't be the only factor in it, but certain actions that would get them under the top 10's radar, like doing something that would send a strong message that nobody could ignore, which I have seen some of, but most things going on right now (will I do admit do have good character background/rivalries) do very little to benifit the group as a whole/involve more than 1-3 people in one thing at a time (I'll admit my wording of some things can suck at times, ThatOntguy knows what I'm talking about though detail wise).

Though Kei (and my others) would have more if people didn't quit with a match in progress or at with either very little notice/none at all. I had a few matches going on and were progressing well then they just suddenly stop. In one case someone leaving all together (I forget who).

Oathkeeper was the only person who was legit and respectful with calling a match off/stopping it in mid progress, and actually stood by his reason for it, believe me I know wanting time away for school is a very important thing (if only one of my former boss felt the same way).

And recently (now I normally aren't someone to call someone out on a public forum but for this I will because I'm tired of it happening) Cirno and I were doing on and he posted saying he'd be away for a bit, and I'm like ok that's not an issue. What is the issue? He comes back and posts regularly faster than expected not even give me the courtesy of saying if what we were working on was going to continue or not while everything else was. I had to ask em multiple times to get a solid answer and when I did get one he said no, which I got no problem with, the issue is leaving me hanging. Is he a good rp'er? Yes, I'm not denying that, should he have a character up in the rankings, if it's just based on records and his have it then that's ok, but you don't do that to a fellow rp'er.

There have been others I did attempt to get started but never got off the ground.

Sure I may not have enough completed matches to get say in the top 5 but how can I if those I choose to work a match with treat me like garbage (again OathKeeper is not included in this, I got no beef with him whatsoever).

Those that have went the distance with me I am grateful for it plus working together and giving feedback to help myself improve. Behind the scenes Kel was great in getting me set up and Yatori for continuing to be supportive whenever our paths are able to cross time wise, plus Tai, OTG and Lobo for just being there. Now I know not everyone here isn't one to leave someone hangin' but it's happened to me a few times already, what makes me want to believe it won't happen again?

It's not all about wins and losses or how long one's been here (TOG may be new/less active than say yatori is but I wouldn't use the term green around him, he knows his stuff, in some cases may be the less green here. Yeah I may not have been here as long as say Kel has but I've been doing stuff like this for a very long time, I know em when I see em), and I could care less if Kei ever won the afw title (though if you saw her promos you'd know what she thinks of the title anyway heh), that's not why I'm here, but there are areas where this place can improve to make it better for everyone (I too have some areas I need work on, I admit that, but we call could benefit from a little tune up).

Last edited by 589 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Post by anegge Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Hey, did you guys not understand when I asked you to post in the original thread the first time?

NEWS FLASH: the Archergurl who you speaking of is not part of AFW anymore and she's currently working in production for new game titles in Japan. I'm her Canadian friend who she gave her PC due to mines has crashed. She was nice enough to give it to me to help a friend in need. So she got a spared one that she uses for the things I've mention above. BTW, Anegge and Alexandra be sure to check the E-mail adresses carefully. As Archergurl and me aren't the same thing.

My wrestlers
Don't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts GXChUKwDon't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts 1BElGMIDon't Kill Me- Top Ranking Thoughts UR8UylU
anegge
anegge

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:25 pm

We may as well discuss it here since this is where peopel are looking.

I'm glad that you guys are posting your opinons. I think that I might be able to clear up a few things.

First of all. I am only one person. there is no way that I could check over every match and every character and reasonably be able to accomplish anything. I had to make a choice and I choose to base the majority of the decision on time and activity on the site and number of matches a particular wrestler has been in.

I choose five matches minimum looking for a majority wins over losses. Then I went through and looked through every character on the roster of people who had been on recently and who were pretty active. I chose the characters that I thought best suited the initial top ten rankings. Then I sent out PMs to see who was interested. All this was After I posted an ideas thread which got minimal attention, leaving myself to do it asI had originally intended with basically only the other moderators helping.

I got back most of the responses and was only waiting for two more replies and for the championship match (that is still going on) to finish up. Though the match wasn't entirely progressing slowly, People had been asking about the status and we wanted to get things rolling. So I did the best with the list I had (as people who had previously said yes had gone absent) and put it up for all to view.

Let me clear up a few things now.

This initial rankings is just that. Initial.
This is just that. It's the initial top ten (or what could be made from it.) the whole point of making this was so that newbies could have a chance to be part of this. We want members to want to participate in this. but we had to start somewhere There are still spots open and we want them filled. Like anegge said. if you're interested please submit your wrestler and we'll look her over and hopefully get you placed in the rankings or given a shot to join if they have filled up.

Why is Kelly on the list?
Because Lobo has been here a while and Kelly has eight matches. It's pretty hard to get that many matches even if she's a jobber. But no matter how many people are in the rankings until she gets a Ranking's match and earns her way up the ladder, she will always be booted to the back spot. Lobo knows this already. However, once he's put her IN a rankings match I'm not going to just demote her so he has to hurry and put her in a match.

Why is Akashi second?
For one, she's currently in a title match. If she wins, she'll be #1 instead of #2. This match was started before I was even made a moderator. I've worked very hard to get Akashi where she is by putting her in hard fights against hard opponents. Since her creation it was my intention to have her competing for the belt and she's also my main Face and second main character other than Lukretia. I hope that clears up that.

Thank you everyone for your input. I hope that clears up some things but if you still have questions or comments, please let us know.

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by anegge Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Well, FUCK ME!

But seriously. Here's my reply to the topic.

[quote="ThatOneGuy":3ni8rsge]Also, everybody is going to think differently on who should be on there, what if I think one of my characters should be on there?

[quote="Tatyina":3ni8rsge]
If you think one of your characters is worthy of joining the top ten then please contact an admin and we'll look your fighter over.
----
[quote="ThatOneGuy":3ni8rsge]
for example, say they have a four-way dance (they won't) and say that #5, #6, #7 and #8 are on there, and #8 pins #7, would #8 go up to #5? I mean technically #8 won.

[quote="Tatyina":3ni8rsge]
For example #6 can challenge #5 or #4.
----
[quote="ThatOneGuy":3ni8rsge]Also, I think Maxykun's character Kei should be on there.

[quote="Sensing a pattern yet?":3ni8rsge]
If you think one of your characters is worthy of joining the top ten then please contact an admin and we'll look your fighter over.
----
[quote="Lobo":3ni8rsge]
Also Tatyina's character Akashi Tanikaze has been a contender for the title with Kirin Sumomo since Anegge edited the details in the misc info thread back on Mon Aug 23, 2010.

(You can see for yourself) And for all I know; Those two may have been contenders for the title before that date.

They were. No one was paying attention to the number one contenders thread, and I happened across it.
----
[quote="Maxykun":3ni8rsge]
Though Kei (and my others) would have more if people didn't quit with a match in progress or at with either very little notice/none at all. I had a few matches going on and were progressing well then they just suddenly stop

Condolences, I guess. The rest isn't really my business.
----
TOG may be new/less active than say yatori is but I wouldn't use the term green around him, he knows his stuff, in some cases may be the less green here. Yeah I may not have been here as long as say Kel has but I've been doing stuff like this for a very long time, I know em when I see em)

*spittakes* I'm not going to tell you why this statement is hilarious, but you can probably guess. If you truly "know em when [you] see em".

----
I could care less if Kei ever won the afw title (though if you saw her promos you'd know what she thinks of the title anyway heh

I was considering you for nomination under this character until I reread her promos. *shrugs*
Please, have your' character make a fuss about this topic in the promo forum, and start something with one of the "top ranking" characters. That is the kind of thing we want to happen.

My wrestlers
anegge
anegge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next