Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Rina Ninoita vs. Aliyah Garstalt
by Deus001 Today at 12:10 am

» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» The Stray Cat brought home
by ARStudios2000 Yesterday at 2:56 pm

» Summer Splash 2023: Gwendolyn Dupoint Bettencourt vs Alaina Sanders: 2/3 falls match
by HighFly Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Saori Saito vs. Catherine Celestial (mid-show undercard)
by ARStudios2000 Yesterday at 10:10 am

Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 3 Bots

Lobo

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Tension/MvM/MvF

Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 am by TheLoneWanderer

As a first outing for this rebooted account, I'd like to engage some opponent in a matroom, or something equivalent, with a focus on BJJ, Catch Wrestling, MMA, etc. It can range from actual training (preferably of the character I play but I can do yours even if I'd like further teaching for BJJ.) to an extreme match. Either way, message me if you wanna bite. While I do like femdom and all that, I will do my best to treat any participants equally.

You can pick either Senji or Hiroyuki but I'm …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe

+4
Kitten
kerflubble
Harrier
hamish1024
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 Empty Re: RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe

Post by hamish1024 Tue May 14, 2013 6:24 pm

In a vain attempt to kick-start discussion of this, here are some of the aspects of the Kayfabe RPG that might be of interest to AFW types:

- Using ’️Heat’️ (fame) as an in-game measure of success: Gives a collaborative goal for everyone to work towards, I.e. increasing the overall Heat of the promotion, but at the same time its something for individual characters to accrue as well. (AFW has been looking for a way of quantifying success with the top ten rankings, maybe fame points would serve this goal?)

- Roleplaying writer’️s meetings: Long-term story arcs get fixed in advance, culminating in major PPV events. (I know prescriptive match outcomes are not to everyone’️s taste, but making everything up on the fly can detract from the narrative).

- Shorter, focused matches: Matches are split into 1-minute blocs and have a strict time limit in the context of the wrestling show. Players can discuss / compete for control of the narrative, but the owner of each bloc describes all the action in that minute - for both wrestlers, not just their own. I.e. a ten-minute match should be finished in ten narrative posts. (Contrast with AFW, where matches can take months / years. Shorter matches means that more stuff can happen, so you get more story.)

Anyway, I like the RPG’️s approach to a lot of stuff. Would be interested in at least trying a shorter, prescriptive, narrative-based match to see how well it worked.

hamish1024

Back to top Go down

RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 Empty Re: RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe

Post by Kitten Thu May 16, 2013 11:14 pm

I would love to try this...if someone explained it to me.

RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 6u0iRWY
RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 QiougD6RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 TTlOMaFRPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 5t0Q5s2RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 WBwz47u
Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Thu May 16, 2013 11:26 pm

[quote="hamish1024":s2t6zmmx]- Shorter, focused matches: Matches are split into 1-minute blocs and have a strict time limit in the context of the wrestling show. Players can discuss / compete for control of the narrative, but the owner of each bloc describes all the action in that minute - for both wrestlers, not just their own. I.e. a ten-minute match should be finished in ten narrative posts. (Contrast with AFW, where matches can take months / years. Shorter matches means that more stuff can happen, so you get more story.)
I think this is where you'll lose most people at. Most people on AFW aren't going to want someone else to control their character.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by hamish1024 Fri May 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Good point Alex. The RPG was designed for a group of players round a table, where interrupting a narrative you don’️t agree with is easy. Obviously in written posts you can’️t do that so well. (Though the game does have a mechanic for overruling a narrative you don’️t like).

If there is a sticking point, then, it’️ll probably be in the matches themselves. I might try and do a test run of the match mechanics to see how well they work.

Last edited by 1043 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

hamish1024

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Fri May 17, 2013 4:41 pm

What the game needs is a sexiness score

RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 QiougD6RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 TTlOMaFRPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 5t0Q5s2RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 WBwz47u
Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by hamish1024 Fri May 17, 2013 5:44 pm

It’️s almost as if it wasn’️t originally designed to represent all-female hentai wrestling…

I guess you could add it in, but shouldn’️t all the characters be sexy?

EDIT: Just noticed the game does have a "Good Looking" trait you can give to new characters.

Last edited by 1043 on Fri May 17, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

hamish1024

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Fri May 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Well it is obviously designed like all male pro wrestling... doing EVERYTHING in its power to hide the elephant in the room: the clear and unavoidable homoerotic imagery of pro wrestling.

RPGs, Collaberation and Kayfabe - Page 2 Jiujitsu.jpg

Last edited by 909 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by hamish1024 Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:01 pm

(Thread necro...) There’️s a way of simplifying this to the point where you wouldn’️t need dice rolls between players.

All actions in Kayfabe are based off D6 rolls; the more sixes you roll the better your actions come across to the crowd. E.g. a wrestler with a Wrestling stat of 5 gets to roll 5 D6s when they are in control of narrating a match segment. However the actual scores aren’️t needed until after the match (when you work out the impact of the match on the wrestlers’️ popularity). So the GM can come along and calculate the dice rolls afterwards. A player would just have to post something like this:

The girls locked arms and struggled with each other for a few moments. Then, Scarlet suddenly broke the deadlock by planting her leg forwards and throwing Ebony over her hip. She followed this up with a rather brutal elbow drop, leaving her opponent winded on the mat. Scarlet used this opening to jump up onto the top rope, before launching herself at Ebony in an impressive missile dropkick, colliding with a ring-shaking smash.
(Scarlet scores 7D6 - 5D6 for Wrestling skill 5, +2 for ’️High Flying Moves’️ trait)
(Scarlet concedes narrative control to Ebony)

The GM would roll the dice after the match had finished to tell the players how much popularity they gained.

Also to keep things simple, you would only need to keep track of three stats for each character:
Wrestling - How physically adept they are at performing sets of wrestling moves.
Acting - Sense of drama and playing to the crowd (e.g. physical taunts, hentai or catfight move sets).
Mic Skills - How good they are at talking in pre match skits / promos etc.

If two or three people were interested in this we could hopefully set up a little RP in the Alternative section of the forum (I think “Anime Wrestling Entertainment” has a nice ring and acronym). I could act as GM if needed. I will post basic rules on game progression and character creation in a bit, unless everyone thinks this is an abomination.

hamish1024

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:08 pm

I think it would be better to know the dice rolls when the action is happening, so you know how the match is going and can decide what to do based on that information. Like to decide when you have to push yourself... or when you can try to screw somebody.

Why is mic skills not included in Acting?

Why not use the full system?

Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:14 pm

there are dice rooms available for online play.

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next