Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» (-PROMO-) Zebra Woman's New Vegetable (Feat. Maria Cacti)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:11 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 3:58 am

» Straight Tequila Night
by Yori Today at 12:13 am

» Isabella vs Adama: Siren and Fairy
by JoggingJokes Yesterday at 6:57 pm

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Deus001 Yesterday at 9:36 am

Who is online?
In total there are 226 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 224 Guests :: 2 Bots

Deus001, Leon564

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Comics: Since We Keep Talking About Them Everywhere Else ;P

+13
Harrier
LtLukas
snappleR
TheWamts
Deus001
KillerV
Tatyina
Bluemouse
Old_Man_Tai
Lobo
acuyra
killcarrion
Alexandra
17 posters

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Comics: Since We Keep Talking About Them Everywhere Else ;P - Page 18 Empty Re: Comics: Since We Keep Talking About Them Everywhere Else ;P

Post by SleeperAgent94 Wed May 13, 2015 6:10 pm

At least not yet. Isn't quicksilver now much faster after he was exposed to the terrigen mist? anyway i'm sure pietro could use his powers if he applied them in different ways like barry did.

Comics: Since We Keep Talking About Them Everywhere Else ;P - Page 18 WC85WE4
SleeperAgent94
SleeperAgent94

Back to top Go down

Comics: Since We Keep Talking About Them Everywhere Else ;P - Page 18 Empty Re: Comics: Since We Keep Talking About Them Everywhere Else ;P

Post by acuyra Wed May 13, 2015 6:13 pm

He lost his Terrigen Mist powers, then got back his normal powers because...reasons. It was never really explained, I don't think. He just...had them again.

Back to top Go down

Post by snappleR Wed May 13, 2015 6:49 pm

LunarWolf wrote:Then, I don't really see a problem xD

I mean even if Thor isn't a title, he gave up that name to become a title for the new thor. At least that's the way I see it.

Alexandra wrote:Eh. It still rubs me wrong.

That's like me going "Yo, Lunar. I pissed the AFW off so I'm not worthy to be called Alexandra anymore. You're Alexandra from now on, aight?"

Hate to walk the conversation back for a second, but it seems to me that Thor is a title. I am woefully ignorant of the goings on in the comic books, but, in the movie, Odin tenderly whispers to Mjolnir, "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." And again, fucking casual over here, but does the hero formally known as Thor fly or do any of that shooty-lightning stuff when he's not holding Mjolnir? It sounds like "Thor" is short for "God of Thunder," and it was the parents' colossal fuck up in naming their kid. It's different than giving away the name "Alexandra;" it's more like your parents named you Bestatdodgeball Jones; it's a lot to live up to. And when Ling transfers in from some Beijing dodgeball academy, what the hell are you supposed to do? It's Odin and Mrs. Odin's fault.

New Thor comics, when its not showing Jane "Thor" Foster doing her thing, ought to spend its Odinson budget on his journey in finding himself. His entire life, his identity's been decided for him. Now that he's relinquished the title and is no longer the God of Thunder, who is Odinson? Bowler? Country music fan? Cat person?

Probably should start with a new first name. Eduardo. Or Pepe.
snappleR
snappleR

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Wed May 13, 2015 6:57 pm

And again, fucking casual over here, but does the hero formally known as Thor fly or do any of that shooty-lightning stuff when he's not holding Mjolnir?

It depends on who's writing him at the time. I think it's typically depicted that Thor has some control over lightning and such WITHOUT the hammer, but the hammer focuses his power and makes it better. For instance, he had a fight with the new Thor a few issues back, and it seemed like he could call up electricity as well. Some writers depict him as being totally powerless without it, though, or only having his strength.

He always needs the hammer to fly, though.

And yeah, it seems like Odinson is doing a little soul searching. One of the biggest questions is why he can't pick up the hammer anymore. Nick Fury whispered something to him (long story, don't ask) and the moment Thor heard it, he freaked out and dropped the hammer. That'll be an interesting thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Wed May 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Snapple, I knew I liked you.

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by SleeperAgent94 Wed May 13, 2015 7:45 pm

[quote="acuya"]
I think it's typically depicted that Thor has some control over lightning and such WITHOUT the hammer, but the hammer focuses his power and makes it better.

That's how I think about it too. The hammer acts as a conduit for any lightning based powers.

SleeperAgent94
SleeperAgent94

Back to top Go down

Post by vhamelin Wed May 13, 2015 10:36 pm

The hammer is supposed to be capable of leveling mountains. It's the most fearsome weapon in Norse Mythology. It means "That which marks, and pulverizes to dust." I can see how it can act as an amplifier for Thor as well, thats a different spin on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by SleeperAgent94 Fri May 15, 2015 3:36 pm

OMG GUYS CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! SOOOOO HYPED!!!!!

SleeperAgent94
SleeperAgent94

Back to top Go down

Post by SleeperAgent94 Wed May 20, 2015 3:48 am

After watching the Finale of The Flash, I am blown away by how much I enjoyed the show. Turn back the clock one year, and I had only heard of Arrow, and never really gave the show a chance. When I heard a show was going to be done on the Barry Allen Flash, I was face palming, because back then there were sooooo many ways that this show could have crashed and burned on arrival. I decided to give the pilot a chance, and I am so glad I did. This is one of the only shows that has kept me excited week after week for the past 8 months. Each episode upped the ante, got creative with the characters while staying true to the cores of said characters. It took risks by introducing new characters like Harrison Wells (Brilliantly performed by Tom Cavanaugh) and constantly found ways to surprise me. The CGI is great for a TV show, with good character building and fun Easter eggs for die hard fans of the Flash mythos and DC Universe in general.
While the love triangle did grow tiresome at times, the rest of the show more than made up for that with memorable villains, jaw dropping action pieces, and a deep look at one of DC's Big Seven. When i watch this every Tuesday I wasn't watching actors in costumes....I was watching The Flash.
If you have not seen this amazing show, go give it a watch. You will not be dissapointed

SleeperAgent94
SleeperAgent94

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Wed May 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Ok, so who's watched Daredevil?

I'm willing to put my thoughts in spoilers if there was someone who hasn't watched it but is going to.

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next