by Blade/speranza Today at 4:47 am

» The Belly Olympics: Day One
by Mystery Dragon Today at 2:44 am

» Gyro Zeppeli vs Blanc and Noir - Cowboys and Bunnies
by hunter of speed Today at 1:22 am

» Live To Serve (For Scourger)
by Deus001 Today at 12:29 am

Who is online?
In total there are 118 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 117 Guests :: 2 Bots

TheLoneWanderer

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Topic: Wrestling?

+27
KillerV
LARIATO
mnpinner
freeko
Deus001
Teesta
ThunderFox
M.J.Caboose14
Mystery Dragon
Vcom7418
xalex
SleeperAgent94
kerflubble
Lobo
jakeb1993
TheEditor1023
Gadot
Serpon
rhapsody
TiefBlau
scorn53
Alexandra
acuyra
killcarrion
Old_Man_Tai
FlameofHope
Tatyina
31 posters

Page 49 of 100 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 74 ... 100  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 49 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:39 am

We only get a match if Goldberg WANTS another match, and since his wife and kids just saw him wrestle, why would he bother wanting another?

And for everyone saying "Brock should lost years ago", remember that WWE WANTED him to lose to Roman Reigns at Mania 31, and what happened there? Fans bitched and bitched and bitched about Reigns, so Lesnar never took the loss he was supposed to take.

I suppose I should give WWE some credit for having an actually shocking moment, but still. This makes everything they've done with Lesnar pointless. It makes everyone who has ever lost to him over the last 4 years look pathetic as a result. Sure, Lesnar's good enough to bury the entire roster, but if Goldberg crushes him, it means Goldberg is better than the entire roster.

It means beating the streak, winning the belt, all of that stuff is basically worthless, because a 50 year old man who hasn't had a match in 12 years can kick your ass, and by extension, beat anyone you've ever defeated, in less than 2 minutes flat.

Sure, it makes Lesnar look human and beatable, but so what? It would be like if somebody beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania 33. Lesnar already did it, so why should anyone care if somebody else does it? It loses its value.

There are plenty of guys on the roster who could have used the rub from handing Lesnar a big defeat. Owens, Balor, Cesaro, Styles, Wyatt, Roode, Nakamura, Samoa Joe, and others. Instead, the rub was wasted.

and for what? So Bill Goldberg, the 50 year old retired has-been, who has never once cared about or even bothered to learn about the pro wrestling business, can ride off happy into the sunset and never wrestle again?

Is it so WCW fanboys can finally stop bitching about how WWE handles WCW wrestlers, even though WCW has been dead for 15 years now and they need to just get the fuck over it already?

This was the wrong call tonight, and that's my take on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery Dragon Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:48 am

Yeah they wanted Brock to lose to Roman but you seem to be forgetting that it wasn't Brock losing that was making people mad it was Reigns winning. They still should have had that loss at some point.

It does not make it pointless it shows Lesnar being cocky and paying for it, thus making a mistake and looking human in the process. Lesnar's career speaks for himself one loss doesn't take away the value of beating him.

Also its more then just 15 years ago considering they just did the same thing with Sting which likely didn't help matters on that and even so while people shouldn't still be losing there minds over the WCW thing they also shouldn't forget it or else WWE will do the same thing. Having Lesnar lose focus and eat a spear of that one mistake shows you that anyone can lose even Lesnar which is good for business in the future.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:09 am

https://youtu.be/kujo7V9m0gk?t=25s

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderFox Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:11 am

Lesnar's career speaks for himself one loss doesn't take away the value of beating him. wrote:
But it DOES. If this was the match it was built up to be, IE a brutal, suspenseful back and forth between two monsters, then yeah, one loss wouldn't make a difference.

The problem here is that he was basically jobbing for Goldberg. He got trashed in less than a minute, and THAT is why this is such a problem. You can't have a guy who's done things that no one expected to happen (breaking the streak) and have him lose in such a way to a man who's only here for one match. I don't like Lesner, but you just can't do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery Dragon Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:24 am

Yeah so did John Cena. During that match Lesnar kept his eyes on Cena the whole time and never gave him the chance to recover which became a long ass squash match. Here Brock took his eyes of Goldberg for just one measly second in arrogance and got bowled over, costing him its like when a cocky heel gets distracted and rolled up. Only in a more surpsing fashion.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vcom7418 Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:28 am

I seriously think it's too early to properly judge this match, as it might've been actually a segment.

The problem is the advertisement, as WWE booked this as a dream match, while actually booking a squash.

Last time we got this kind of bait and switch was Battleground 2014 where Dean and Seth were advertised to fight, but storyline happened and they didn't. This is really my only problem with the match.

GASTER (Friction)
Alice Gaster (Tension)
S.A.S. (Tag Team)
Chika Igarashi (Friction)
Vera Sapphire (Tension)

Open to PMs at any time. Also, all the time on Discord: Vcom7418#0756

Despite the primary show mentioned in the brackets, my gals are all open for matches on both brands (though I would like them to be more on their primary show Razz)
Vcom7418
Vcom7418

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:28 am

On one hand, fuck Brock Lesnar, I'm glad that he lost.

On the other hand...wow, what a complete fucking waste of his streak. It's almost as bad as when he broke the Undertaker's streak. cookiemonster
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:43 am

So Goldberg comes in for suposedly one match and squashes Brock Lesnar. I really don´t know if I should cry or laugh.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery Dragon Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:48 am

Harrier wrote:So Goldberg comes in for suposedly one match and squashes Brock Lesnar. I really don´t know if I should cry or laugh.

You can do both. I imagine theres a fair share of both all around.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:24 am

Mystery Dragon wrote:
Harrier wrote:So Goldberg comes in for suposedly one match and squashes Brock Lesnar. I really don´t know if I should cry or laugh.

You can do both. I imagine theres a fair share of both all around.

You could at least say that WWE is consistent in doing such things. It does not matter which merit a current superstar has, if a guy who was a big deal in the Attitude era comes in he is probably gonna win because he is just harder and better and people actually want him to win, no matter if he is 50 or older, a part timer, a one trick pony, gassed, left the company on bad terms or even a healthy mix of some or all of these things. I am prety sure that for example Jericho would often hold some belts if he really wanted to.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 100 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 74 ... 100  Next