by rhooney Today at 4:51 pm

» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 1:43 am

» Anna Sigrid(Snow)
by APlaying Today at 1:07 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 12:27 am

Who is online?
In total there are 71 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 68 Guests :: 2 Bots

CrashTestDumbass, Lobo, WhydoIneedtodothis?!

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Tension/MvM/MvF

Mon May 13, 2024 7:49 am by TheLoneWanderer

As a first outing for this rebooted account, I'd like to engage some opponent in a matroom, or something equivalent, with a focus on BJJ, Catch Wrestling, MMA, etc. It can range from actual training (preferably of the character I play but I can do yours even if I'd like further teaching for BJJ.) to an extreme match. Either way, message me if you wanna bite. While I do like femdom and all that, I will do my best to treat any participants equally.

You can pick either Senji or Hiroyuki but I'm …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

We Should Talk About The Title Scene

+31
TripleHelix
Deus001
verdict2260
Harrier
killcarrion
Teenwrestler
acuyra
anime_hentaifighter
Serpon
Gadot
LunarWolf
Link-mon
Alexandra
mnpinner
KillerV
LARIATO
JimmyRussler
Kitten
ThunderFox
Old_Man_Tai
IndigoDragon
Mystery Dragon
Kelsea
Vcom7418
noob
scorn53
LtLukas
SleeperAgent94
M.J.Caboose14
Lobo
Winner3
35 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Which choice best describes your opinion on AFW Championship Belts in general?

We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 Vote_lcap36%We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 12 ]
We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 10 ]
We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 Vote_lcap33%We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 33

Poll closed

We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 Empty Re: We Should Talk About The Title Scene

Post by Winner3 Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:06 am

I'm also gonna comment real quick agreeing with sleeper and caboose that Scorn, does in fact, have a valid point, there.

We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 RoNDaIWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 RXleMMpWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 PNIUArHWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 PceFPw4
We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 V4UEFd
We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 IgQk2vWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 PP89dH8We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 ZoIhtGgWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 C8s1fSWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 URmTXT

"Winner's Full Roster Page"

Trillian - winner3
Winner3
Winner3

Back to top Go down

We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 Empty Re: We Should Talk About The Title Scene

Post by IndigoDragon Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:10 am

There's is a noticeable rift between new people and experienced and veterans of the site (still dont know where I fall on the scale) and it causes several problems. Title being one of the most prominent. But there are those who try to include the newer people. I try to do this.

I dont feel strongly about titles in the first place. I see them as an endgame rather than a stepping stone. But if I were to have an opinion I like the idea of requirements. Maybe a few matches under a chars belt and being a somewhat active member for a year or something like that.

HOME SERIES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Home X, Home X2: Goodnight, but not Goodbye
(There is no Home 9)
IndigoDragon
IndigoDragon

https://www.deviantart.com/dorune

Back to top Go down

Post by noob Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:14 am

Kelsea wrote:
I believe though, that the focus should be more upon: Getting newer members to feel more confident about asking for storylines that lead to title shots from title holding members

So as a newer active member I just wanted to chime in and say that without any ground rules in place about what is required, it is really hard to even think about trying for a belt. Aside from that, there are plenty of people who just won't give you the time of day or will just say that they're busy. With regards to people being busy, it's obviously expected that they'd want to rp with people that they're comfortable with and know. This is especially true for people with a more limited amount of time. You really can't blame anyone for that.

TLDR: Just saying you want newer members to feel more confident about asking isn't going to do anything if there's no action behind it. Granted idk, maybe people have plans in which case wooooo!
noob
noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelsea Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:28 am

M.J.Caboose14 wrote:I like the 24/7 belt, I just think it's been...glacial slow for a while. Also I agree with scorns Idea as well. But I really don't think we have enough belts when people aren't using some they have or are getting them right back in some cases.

Just to point out that the 24/7 belt was very active, it has currently paused action but with a planned match that is going to incorporate a member who has struggled getting title shots. They are waiting for the ppv

Winner3: I am happy to have a title request thread, although I suspect that it would end up with an influx of people posting several requests. Perhaps if it gets out of hand i would have to limit it to people who havent had a title for a set time. I wouldn't be responding to each individually, but instead keeping them in mind for the next title opportunities and promoting them as long as they are suitable

I will not be forcing title holders to match against a member that they do not want to (as this just isn't fun) but I will consider stripping if they continue to refuse suggestions. I will also continue to push activity on belts that don't have plans (which I started doing since tat left), but I am just not convinced by have set rules for title contenders, sorry.. if people want to know when they can request title shots, I can give a *guideline* length of time for them to be with afw and perhaps post count... but it will be just that, a guideline

Spotlight
characters:
We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 ELZuoMvWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 OG5hnuaWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 Cg3CzYmWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 398g342

Prepare your face for ThE BRaT PaCK
Kelsea
Kelsea
Site Admin

http://www.afwrpg.forumotion.com/t1368-kelsea-s-karacter

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoDragon Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:42 am

Thats acceptable. Low set rules or standards or just a general guideline for someone to work towards can ensure someone new who wants a title shot will have to work a bit for it and will also gain experience for them and their chars both.

HOME SERIES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Home X, Home X2: Goodnight, but not Goodbye
(There is no Home 9)
IndigoDragon
IndigoDragon

https://www.deviantart.com/dorune

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:47 am

This is just a vicious cycle! I've seen this before!

IN 2 YEARS YOU'LL ALL BE THE HIGHER UPS WHO ARE HOLDING ALL THE TITLES AND WONT RESPOND TO THE NEW MEMBERS AND NEVER GIVE THEM TITLE SHOTS!

MARK MY WORDS!

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:51 am

As someone who has held a couple belts here in the last few years, and about to hold another, I'm clearly one of the people being bitched about in this thread, and I'm intentionally taking it personally.

Yes, people will generally make stories and matches with the people they know best and work best with. Literally everyone does it.

Then again, MAYBE if one of you had come up to me when I had a title, and ASKED about doing a story, or even a random title shot, I would've given it to you. Maybe I would have already had a story in place, because god forbid somebody make a story they enjoy that doesn't involve you.

But you didn't. None of you did.

It seems people make the "How come they got stuff and I don't!" complaint every few months or so, yet never offer any actual ideas of what would make it better.

The reason a title holder might not come directly to you, asking if you want a title shot, are the same reasons they might not contact you for a match in the first place:

They might not be a fan of your style, or think it works with their own.

They might not be interested in any of your characters. (I've done this. God forbid I not love every single character on the board.)

They might have a certain story they already want to do that you don't fit into, or, if they are looking, maybe you haven't shown you can follow through on a story.

Maybe they think you suck! It's totally possible!

As for some of the ideas I've heard on here...I don't really agree with em.

You guys want to add MORE title belts? While also complaining about titles going stagnant and not getting attention. Or do you just want titles you can call your own and pass between yourselves like you accuse everyone else of doing?

"You guys should only have the belts like, two months, then give them to us!" Do you realize how long it even takes to do a big match? I'm not even done with my Avalanche match to GET the belt and its entering month 3. By your logic, I should have started dropping it the same month I started the match to win it.

As for Scorns (Who, btw, just had a current title holder give him a title match, so its not like people don't branch out, but of course that doesn't get mentioned in these things.) idea of "Well, lets just force them to work with us!" ...Yeah no. If you ASK me for a match, I'll at least CONSIDER it. If you FORCE me to work with someone, I'm not going to have any fun, I'm not doing anything I want to do, and I'm going to spend the whole time bitching about it. So fuck that idea.

Tell you guys what though. I'll do a compromise. I've got a shiny belt coming my way. By the way, it wasn't just handed to me. I spearheaded a storyline that's lasted a year now, all building up to involve said title as a climax, and this is after years and years of building my character up and showing I can handle stories and character development.

You want a shot at it, or a story with it?

Open invitation. I will cancel the story related stuff I had planned for it, that I've already spent literally a year into building up, I'll shove it aside, tell the people I'm working with to piss off, and if you want your character to do something with a belt, send me a PM, tell me your idea, WORK with me, instead of BITCHING at me, and I'll give you a shot.

I'll give you what you want, just ASK me, instead of what you've been doing, which is waiting for somebody to HAND you something, and then bitching about it when you didn't get it.

You said what you wanted, you want veteran characters that hold title belts to notice you and your people, and get your characters involved in title shots, right?

Here's your chance, send me a PM!

Back to top Go down

Post by scorn53 Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:55 am

Old_Man_Tai wrote:
As for Scorns (Who, btw, just had a current title holder give him a title match, so its not like people don't branch out, but of course that doesn't get mentioned in these things.

"Branching out" by RP-ing with someone I've had countless stories and threads with.

Alright.

No names have been dropped besides MysteryDragon dropping Lunar, but apparently we're through that petty door now.

Edit: "Well, lets just force them to work with us!" Did you actually read the same response I put, or just make up your own one so nonsensical you could mock it? I was mocking the notion of it...

Last edited by scorn53 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:04 am; edited 2 times in total

scorn53

Back to top Go down

Post by noob Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:57 am

Guidelines are nice. Really just anything would be cool so people can know when it would or wouldn't be appropriate to start trying for titles.

And ummm Lobo are you planning on all the current veterans here leaving? And i mean if that i indeed the case 2 years from now...someone should call people out on it.

And geez Tai lol with a rant like that, it's no wonder new people don't want to ask you about titles and whatever else
noob
noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Winner3 Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:59 am

Tai,
I'm not even going to bother responding to that in its totality.

I think I speak for more than just myself when I saw that you're coming across as extremely condescending, pretentious, rude, and arrogant. This was a thread intended for civil discussion. Not raising the height of the pedestal you placed yourself on.

I don't think that anyone who's read that response would be open to rp'ing with you if they haven't had the chance to do so already. Title or no title.

We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 RoNDaIWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 RXleMMpWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 PNIUArHWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 PceFPw4
We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 V4UEFd
We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 IgQk2vWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 PP89dH8We Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 ZoIhtGgWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 C8s1fSWe Should Talk About The Title Scene - Page 3 URmTXT

"Winner's Full Roster Page"

Trillian - winner3
Winner3
Winner3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next