Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Saori Saito vs. Catherine Celestial (mid-show undercard)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 8:04 am

» Dirk Lewser Vs. Erina Stallone II
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 7:40 am

» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:51 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ARStudios2000 Today at 5:52 am

» Zebra Woman vs. Renegade Steinhauser - Big Bertha vs. Little Rogue
by ARStudios2000 Today at 5:40 am

Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 74 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Tension/MvM/MvF

Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 am by TheLoneWanderer

As a first outing for this rebooted account, I'd like to engage some opponent in a matroom, or something equivalent, with a focus on BJJ, Catch Wrestling, MMA, etc. It can range from actual training (preferably of the character I play but I can do yours even if I'd like further teaching for BJJ.) to an extreme match. Either way, message me if you wanna bite. While I do like femdom and all that, I will do my best to treat any participants equally.

You can pick either Senji or Hiroyuki but I'm …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Stats

+10
rhapsody
killcarrion
Old_Man_Tai
Kelsea
beangraff
Serpon
Harrier
Bluemouse
acuyra
LtLukas
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Stats - Page 2 Empty Re: Stats

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:10 pm

(Scan to the bottom for the TL'DR version)

Never understood the point in stats.

I give not one shit if your character has 10 speed or 5 strength or 8 defense. I've found that the people most likely to claim "well my stats allow me to do this" are usually the same ones that tend to be power playing assholes who I don't work with more than once.

Then again, I also never understood the idea of doing legit competitive rps on here. They tend to just lead to bad matches, power playing, hurt feelings and general pointlessness.

I like the idea of collaborative RP's. Maybe not 100 percent planned out stuff, since some people prefer a more natural flow to things, but I like the idea of agreeing on a finish and coming up with potential cool spots together that let both characters shine and get over.

Same reason I tend to avoid squash matches. While they have their role and place, I like the idea of a hard fought match where both characters can get over and look good in the process and carry that forward to their next stuff.

Besides, like other people have pointed out, to make a stat system actually work, you'd have to overhaul the site and every character on it to follow a streamlined stat system that you might not get everybody agreeing on, and we simply have way too many people to do that. You'd never get everybody to agree on a stat system.

Then you'd have the whole "Well I should win because my numbers are bigger!" arguments. If we had a much smaller player base, I could see it maybe working, but here, I doubt it.

TL'DR: Don't like stats, never use or read them.

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:46 pm

I, too, am in the "Stats are more like guidelines, than actual rules to live by" train of thought. The usage of numbered stats is primarily intended for competitive play where the story compliments the battles, unlike here where it's usually the other way around.

I see them as just parameters intended to categorize the capabilities of your character and their moveset. Not something to adhere too stringently towards, but at the very least something you should keep in mind in terms of the logic of your moves. Lightweights shouldn't be doing multiple gorilla presses to Akashi...Rotund people shouldn't be pulling off corkscrew moonsaults from the top rope...that type of stuff.

Though perhaps a more detailed explanation of how the stats of your characters work should be mentioned in the FAQ, if it isn't already anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Rotund people shouldn't be pulling off corkscrew moonsaults from the top rope...that type of stuff.

I bet Kevin Owens could pull it off.

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:02 pm

I knew someone would get all nitpicky about that >_____>

Back to top Go down

Post by rhapsody Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:02 pm

I only have +2 in Kicking Ass but Taking Names is a class skill so I get +5 with my proficiency bonus

Back to top Go down

Post by beangraff Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:13 pm

I've found stats only matter when die are incorporated into RPGs anyway.

Your writings and head are disordered and mixed up, so that it is exceedingly annoying to read and difficult to remember what you write.

Primarily Tension (but will take the train over to Friction)
Ro Laren
Amanda Clare

Tension
John Mitchel- Former Tension World Champion
Anthony Fuller
beangraff
beangraff

Back to top Go down

Post by kerflubble Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Is this anti-fat people doing moonsaults? Because I don't want to be part of a wrestling forum that doesn't have fat people doing moonsaults.

Tina Armstrong (Face) Blue-Eyed Superstar
Yelena Turova (Face) Crushing Powerhouse
Pantha (Face) Pride of the Jungle
Anna Silver (Face) Ardent Angel
The Green Empire The Empress & Imperial Guard.
Mara Jingfei (Face) Amethyst Dancer
kerflubble
kerflubble

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleHelix Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:19 am

As things stand now, I really only use the stats as sort of an archetype descriptor, similar to what killcarrion and beangraff have described. They set up a rough idea about the character, but are not end-all be-all deciding factor when RPing a match.

I think really any talking points I have to offer have already been mentioned by other people. To sum an already short post up, I'm not in favor of restructuring to a strictly followed stat system.

- Jean Richards
- Haru Fujiwara
- S.E.M.E. (Mitsuru Satou, Hikaru Matsuoka, Ryuunosuke Tachibana)
- Rafael Vega
- Alec Richter

Retired
- Jaguar
- Kazuhiro Hawkins
- The Oni

See something you like? Wanna set up a match? Send me a PM.
Open to m/m and m/f.
TripleHelix
TripleHelix

Back to top Go down

Post by Serpon Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:45 am

Though I do not support this idea, we could try it out in Alternative Arena as a test run to see what happens and how it goes.

Serpon

Back to top Go down

Post by LtLukas Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:16 am

killcarrion wrote:I, too, am in the "Stats are more like guidelines, than actual rules to live by" train of thought. The usage of numbered stats is primarily intended for competitive play where the story compliments the battles, unlike here where it's usually the other way around.

I see them as just parameters intended to categorize the capabilities of your character and their moveset. Not something to adhere too stringently towards, but at the very least something you should keep in mind in terms of the logic of your moves. Lightweights shouldn't be doing multiple gorilla presses to Akashi...Rotund people shouldn't be pulling off corkscrew moonsaults from the top rope...that type of stuff.

Though perhaps a more detailed explanation of how the stats of your characters work should be mentioned in the FAQ, if it isn't already anyway.

This last point is what I failed at articulating. To me, it seems like what might be a five for me is completely different for someone else. If we are all being perfectly honest, I rarely if ever look up stats when I am RP-ing with someone as they are a guide, not a god. Maybe I should stop being lazy and go into more detail about the capabilities of my characters in their bios.

Most people here are fundamentally reasonable in terms of speed and strength. I don't think any character here can literally react in superhuman time, or do anything like throw a character into the tenth row from the ring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next