Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Saori Saito vs. Catherine Celestial (mid-show undercard)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 8:04 am

» Dirk Lewser Vs. Erina Stallone II
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 7:40 am

» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:51 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ARStudios2000 Today at 5:52 am

» Zebra Woman vs. Renegade Steinhauser - Big Bertha vs. Little Rogue
by ARStudios2000 Today at 5:40 am

Who is online?
In total there are 81 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests :: 3 Bots

TheLoneWanderer

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Tension/MvM/MvF

Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 am by TheLoneWanderer

As a first outing for this rebooted account, I'd like to engage some opponent in a matroom, or something equivalent, with a focus on BJJ, Catch Wrestling, MMA, etc. It can range from actual training (preferably of the character I play but I can do yours even if I'd like further teaching for BJJ.) to an extreme match. Either way, message me if you wanna bite. While I do like femdom and all that, I will do my best to treat any participants equally.

You can pick either Senji or Hiroyuki but I'm …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

The true meaning of the Star Stats

Go down

The true meaning of the Star Stats Empty The true meaning of the Star Stats

Post by zxn666 Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 am

I've noticed many people here on AFW starting to use the "RPG style stat spread" that I first began using, and so I've decided to try and expand and explain just what the stat spread truly means. When I first invented this, I thought of it as a helper to my RPing, as it sets more or less definite limits on a character's capabilities. Then I thought that when it gets more popular, it can be used as a way to compare individual wrestler's skill levels and difficulties, provided the person RPing actually follows the limits they tehmselves set for their characters. Of course, without adequate explaination of what the system actually means, some rather "inflated" spreads have popped up. After giving the idea some thought, I've come up with a systematic way of actually using the spread.

First off, the individual categories and what they mean:

Endurance: It's something like "Hit Points", or how much punishment a character can take before becoming too weak to fight and stuff. This also is a measure of how long a character can fight before getting tired. In the matches, once a character becomes tired she can still usually go on for a bit, but her attacks would steadily get weaker and she would respond slower to enemy attacks, also taking longer to recover. Endurance also measures how long a character can last in a submission hold.

Strength: A measure of the damage output of a character's moves, also of how much they could lift up when using throws and suplexes, and chances of overpowering an enemy during tests of strength and such grappling moves. Power fighters and submission fighters should have high strength in order to be able to perform their moves. The more an enemy weighs, the higher the strength is needed to perform attacks on them.

Speed: This measures essentially two things; dodging capability and movement speed. It reflects a character's reaction speed and attacking speed. This also plays an influence in how fast a character recovers from a move, depending on the endurance of the character as well. If a character has not taken much damage/is not tired, the recovery speed is fast. Speed in influenced by how tired/ how damaged a character is, with the character getting steadily slower in a match.

Defence: How well a character can block moves. It is completely independent of dodging capability. This is only how well a character's blocks are, and also how much damage they can deflect and prevent themselves from taking.

Technique: This is a measure of how well a character can perform her moves, with what kind of success rate and what kind of precision. Technical fighters should have high stats in this area. Moves that rely more on technique and less on strength include strikes and high-flyer attacks. Technique also includes how well a character can use her opponent's attacks against them, either in redirecting the force or using weight to unbalance.

More to come...

zxn666

Back to top Go down

The true meaning of the Star Stats Empty Re: The true meaning of the Star Stats

Post by zxn666 Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:54 am

Now what do the stars mean? Also note that the maximum number of stars you can have in any field is 5.

5 stars- This means your character is exceptional in this field, at the very top. 5 stars means that only 20% of all wrestlers are either better than or equal to your character in this field.

4 stars- This means your character is above average, better than most but not quite the best. 40% of all wrestlers are either better than or equal to your character.

3 stars- This means your character is average in this field. This is where most of the stats should lie, as no character can be above average or exceptional at everything. 50% of all wrestlers are either better than or equal to your character.

2 stars- This means your character is below average in this field, and that this is a weakness she has. 60% of all wrestlers are better than or equal to your character in this field.

1 star- Terrible, simply terrible. One star in any field is a signifigant weakness, and nearly all other wrestlers are better than your character in this field. 80% of all wrestlers are better than or equal to your character in this field.

Now, how do we use the stars to compare? If you and your opponent both have stat spreads, you can judge by the number of stars in each cateogory how your character compares with the other. For example, when comparing two character's strengths, the one with higher strength will most likely overpower the one with lower strength. This stat spread is NOT a method of deciding matches however. In fights, anything can happen and everything is totally unpredictable. These stats are simply meant to be used as a guideline for the RPer to actually playing their characters, not as a method of deciding who wins. Characters will not be seperated into tiers based on stats either (tiers are for queers).

In conclusion, the RPG style stat spread is simply an aid for designing and RPing characters. It can be used to compare, but because it is made by the RPer's judgement, it cannot be used as an actual accurate representation. A few final notes: Characters can increase the stats in any area through training; and I strongly discourage making "god-characters" with high stats everywhere.

zxn666

Back to top Go down