Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» SRW: Journey to the Lizard Folk Fighters!
by Old_Man_Tai Yesterday at 11:47 pm

» Reforging the Heart (For Yori)
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» Senji Takijima - Stains of Time - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Yesterday at 5:43 am

Who is online?
In total there are 165 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 164 Guests :: 2 Bots

healthyreader

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match?

+3
Serpon
Yori
Old_Man_Tai
7 posters

Go down

How long should a champion be in-active for in a title match before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of said title match?

Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Vote_lcap10%Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Vote_lcap45%Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 9 ]
Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Vote_lcap30%Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]
Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Vote_lcap15%Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 20

Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Empty Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match?

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:58 am

As brought up earlier, a big complaint I've gotten lately is that the belts tend to end up dead repeatedly. I'd rather not just vacate belts over and over and over, but clearly there needs to be an official set rule regarding when a persons title reign is cut short by the mods.

While I do want Mods to start posting in title matches to help carry them along, there is only so long we can tolerate inactive champions at the same time.

If you want to suggest an option other than whats in the poll, please suggest it below.

Back to top Go down

Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Empty Re: Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match?

Post by Yori Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:05 am

How do you define inactive for the purposes of this inquiry?
Not being around at all?
Not posting on the forums?
Not posting in a title match?

Back to top Go down

Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? Empty Re: Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match?

Post by Serpon Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:07 am

I voted for the 2-month option but I feel this should be a one-time thing. Like the second time it happens, you only get one month.

Poll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? 3l9yoRWPoll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? AjbwxKgPoll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? DUhLLRtPoll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? CDNLQYlPoll: How long should a champion be allowed to be inactive in a title defense before being stripped of the belt/declared the loser of the match? CbtFHPg
AFW Discord Room Chat
Serpon
Serpon

Back to top Go down

Post by dlamp Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:23 am

If we're talking about posting, replying, and being active in specifically title matches then I think a month is being more than generous. Most people that have belts/championships for their characters probably have plans to do something with those accolades and being inactive for that long without an explanation should have some kind of consequence to it.

http://dlamp-dictator.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:29 am

Yori wrote:How do you define inactive for the purposes of this inquiry?
Not being around at all?
Not posting on the forums?
Not posting in a title match?

This is a very good question. A lot of these situations are going to be a case by case kind of situation.

I would say number 1 and 2.

If your not around at all, obviously there's an issue.

If your not posting at all on the forums, but are still commonly active on the Discord, I would still count that as inactive, because there's little to no reason you couldn't write a post while on the Discord and post it, or have a mod or opponent post it for you.

If your posting on the forum, but not on a title match, there can be a little more leeway, as it shows your still around and putting in effort, you just might need some help.

But if you feel there is a better way of doing it, then feel free to suggest it, if I had the perfect answer I'd never bother with the polls you know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:35 am

I would lean on the lower side of things then honestly, with the caveat of there be some case-by-case stuff happening. If someone checks in and lets you know they aren't available to post, will be away on vacation, or sick or something, extensions should be considered. If someone happens to abuse this sort of thing you can deal with them as needed.

I will always maintain belt holders have an obligation to uphold activity and try to fulfil a more role model type role on the forum to help drive stories. It doesn't do anything for anyone to grab a belt and vanish forever. In my own personal case, the belt situation has been a small annoyance as I had a character who won the money in the bank briefcase awhile back after inactivity marred that match too... but I haven't really been able to do anything around it just because of the belt/champion situations around here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jstruggs716 Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:45 am

Unless for any reason they can't, I think three or two months is more than enough to reply to a title match. And I agree with Serpon if it happens for a second time in a row then the time should be shortened.

Jstruggs716

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoon Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:50 am

Benefit of the doubt with two months, though honestly more in favor of 1
SimplyMoon
SimplyMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:53 pm

This is a tricky question but I will try to summarize my thoughts on the topic:

First of all, I would differentiate between making someone wait and making someone wait in a title match. I am one who makes people wait now and then when Real Life gets in the way and there is nothing wrong with that if it is something that both RPers have talked about. I always try to communicate with my pals and let them know when some time out is to be expected. This said, I think the moment one gets booked for a title match that person gets a responsibility not to themselves or their partner, but also to the site and the in-universe story, so more responsibility is to be expected. I think people involved in a title match that go for more than a couple of weeks without a proper major reason is the same as that person forfeiting. Of course exceptions can be made, but I think when one is on a title match has to reply as fast as possible. Title matches shouldn't last a year.

Then, if a person holding the title becomes completely absent for two, three months I think it is something that affects the entire site as it leaves a void in "power". I think the belt is more than just some shiny stuff, it carries some responsibilities and the person holding the title should take care of those. Two months would be my limit to strip a title from someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down