Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» SRW: Journey to the Lizard Folk Fighters!
by Old_Man_Tai Yesterday at 11:47 pm

» Reforging the Heart (For Yori)
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» Senji Takijima - Stains of Time - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Yesterday at 5:43 am

Who is online?
In total there are 164 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 163 Guests :: 2 Bots

Underdog21

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Heroic New Year's Resolutions

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heroic New Year's Resolutions Empty Heroic New Year's Resolutions

Post by Jaystar Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:02 pm

Starboy had never exactly been your typical wrestler. Or even your typical superhero... First of all, he really disliked going to the gym. Yes, he understood the worth of getting bigger, stronger, more muscular and athletic, but for him, that worth had never really been... Worth it. Not worth all the effort, and time spent doing some dull things just to reach some vague goal. Or maybe it was a matter of identity... He was used to always being on the small side, and never one of the strongest anywhere... It would have felt strange to suddenly become a powerful hunk. Physically as a wrestler, he just had to learn to rely on other things than his size and strength. And surely he wasn't alone with that. Not everyone could have been the biggest or the strongest.

He had never been your typical young adult personality-wise either. Most of the time, he really preferred being on his own. He didn't need parties, he didn't need a bunch of friends. Usually, he fared very well on his own, doing his own stuff, walking down his own paths. Sure, it wasn't like he would have been anti-social or anything, but he never actively pursued relationships, or looked for company. He was the Lonely Superhero, but the "lonely"-part was, at least mostly, by choice.

But spending a long time on your own in an all-new land, doing an all-new profession in all-new surroundings, was inevitably going to have an effect even on an indepentent introvert like Starboy. Lately, he had begun succumbing to his newfound thoughts, that maybe a little change wasn't going to be bad. Maybe it would be good to increase his training physically. Maybe it would be good to put himself out there more often. Maybe it would be good to try to become more social again. And maybe it could lead to something interesting down the road... AFW was filled with cute and gorgeous girls after all, and some of them had to be lonely too.

All of this had led into the notion, that even superheroes weren't immune to the January vibes. The time of fresh starts! And today, the frequent visitors of the Tension gym got to witness an unusual sight, the Lonely Superhero wandering amongst them!

Starboy - The Lonely Superhero:

Sure, for Starboy it just felt awkward. Not simply just because of his attire, that certainly caught attention... He hadn't ditched the role and the gimmick for the sake of going to the gym. Frankly, if anything, it had made it slightly more palatable. First he had gotten onto the treadmill - and soon felt himself stupid. He had then wandered over to the punching bag, delivering some chops and kicks at it, even a few punches - and soon felt himself stupid. Then he had made his way to the weights - before turning around immediately and retreating to the corner for some stretching.

"Aghh... What could I do?!? This is horrible... But I only just came here, I can't just leave now already..."

Jaystar

Back to top Go down

Heroic New Year's Resolutions Empty Re: Heroic New Year's Resolutions

Post by Yori Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:33 am

"Princess" Raine:
Akane:
It had been nice to get back out to the gym lately, returning to a simple routine. Her injuries hadn’t been too severe but enough that the company didn't want to risk bad press for the holidays in putting her back into the ring so she had gotten something of a mini vacation. Raine had been with her almost constantly, doting over her like some overprotective motherbird. It was sweet to have the roles reversed and see the person she had sworn to protect, even if it was just pretend, felt too strongly about being there for her. Today was no different, Raine wasn’t working out herself but helping. Giving motivational words, timekeeping for her indoor track times, and being a spotter for the little bit of lifting she did.

“Do not push yourself. If you have reached your limits you have nothing that needs proving to me.” Raine stood by, arms crossed in deep observation as Akane slowly did her reps on a leg press machine. The concern had gotten a small giggle from her if only this was probably the easiest exercise she had done all day. If there was one thing Akane did not lack, it was strong thighs.

“I'm fine, don’t worry.”

"As an entrusted subject, it falls on me to be responsible for your safety and well-being.”

Akane cocked her head, giving the press one last hard thrust with her legs before locking it up. “I’m the one that is supposed to be protecting you.”

"Just so. I would see you safe all the same. If I had been there…”

Akane shook her head, reaching out to grasp Raine’s shoulder. “It's fine. You can’t protect me from the world. Things happen in the ring, that's just the way of it… also, she had a bunch of people with her. If you came to help me I think it would have been even worse.”

“Akane…”

“Yes?” Akane leaned in as if she were about to be told something important.

“Is that not the boy you spoke of in the corner?”

“Huh?” Akane turned, looking for a moment before spotting Starboy being an awkward little lemon, all alone in the corner doing warmups or something. She smiled, taking Raine by the hand. “Let's go say hello!”

Both women cut a path across the gym heading straight towards Starboy. If he looked up as they approached both women would wave his way. Akane with a large full arm gesture and Raine with a more subdued stately one.

“What are you doing all the way over here?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaystar Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:00 pm

Some people called stretching boring. And sure, it was. Usually. But sometimes it actually was a bliss. Like now. At least it was something that was firmly in your comfort zone... And something that let your mind to calm down, refocus and maybe even meditate. Get your head off of what you should do and how you looked like to others, and maybe even shift to making some observations about your surroundings instead. Yeah, that was better.

"Gosh, how can that guy lift so much? And what even is he...? Like a coach or a trainer? I've never seen him in a match here... I think. Well, luckily you're not forced to have a trainer here... Although right now I could use one. Just to show me something, you know... Not like one who would force me to lift some insane weights. Ugh... And why are there so many guys here? I thought we were supposed to have a lot of girls as wrestlers here... Well OK, there's a few... And there's a couple. Oh, by the leg press. How typical. Like AFW needs even more girls who can crush guys with their thighs... Although... Yeah, I shouldn't be complaining. I know it's a pretty... Popular thing to happen in matches. Funny hairs though... Blue and pink. Although now that they came a bit closer... The blue one's got a pretty nice.. Attire. Can't deny. Is she like a coach to the other one? She seems like she's training... Maybe they're-... Oh?!? Why are they waving at me? Why are they coming here? What do they.... Ohhh, it's the Akane girl! And that must be the princess gal or whatever... Shit! Stay cool, stay cool, stay cool..."

Suddenly, the strecthing mats were no longer part of Starboy's comfort zone. Instead, they had become the scene for another activity that he has (secretly) been pursuing... Meeting up some new people - and some cute girls. Now he just had to play it cool... Easy, right?

Or then not. Especially not with an inquisitive opening question like that.

"Oh, hi!" the hero began as soon as the girls had made their way by him, before realizing that he was still on the mat in a rather awkward stretching position and immediately blushing a bit. Beginning to straighten himself up and trying to stand tall, he was also finally ready to answer the question. "Oh, I was just... Stretching a little over here. You know... Being a superhero... Doing the Lonely Superhero things..." he continued, concluding with a slightly nervous chuckle indicating his words to have meant to be interpreted rather lightly.

"So... Yeah, right! You said on Twitter that you'd be here this week... How fun to... Bump into you! I actually didn't recognize you at first... I think I've only seen you in your match attire before, haha..." the hero continued, directing his words clearly at Akane, but taking frequent glances at Raine's direction as well. "So... What are you gals up to? What's your plan today?"

Jaystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:12 pm

“Heya.” Akane glanced from side to side before looking back at Starboy with a nod. Seemed pretty lonely, but it checked out. She didn't question him further though on the why, he was a superhero after all he had his reasons and his secrets, probably.

“Salutations honorable hero. It is nice to finally lay eyes on you in person.” Raine kept her air of regal formality, bowing her head with polite recognition. “I am Princess Raine, and my cohort is Akane Saito, my personal protector. I believe while we have not met before you have spoken to us both with kind words of encouragement through birdsong.”

“Twitter” Akane clarified quietly, a faint blush on her face. This was one of the first times she felt slightly embarrassed by her tag partner's way of behaving in public.

“Yes, “The Twitter”.” Raine nodded.

“Just twitter.”

“Is that not what I just said, m’lady?” Raine turned and spoke in a hushed tone to Akane.

Akane clapped her hands together with a nervous laugh. “I was just getting in a little workout to help me get back into things… as much as jogging and a bit of lifting can help anyway. Rai- um, My Lady Raine was attending me. Making sure I am doing alright.”

“Ever vigilant, I have recorded her “P.B.” on the indoor track, have kept her lifts well spotted, and ensured she remains properly hydrated at all times. It is important that valiant defenders of the realm remain in good health and do so through a properly curated diet and exercise.” Raine gave a firm nod, casting a sidelong glance at a blushing Akane who might have been feeling slightly guilty for trying to sneak in some candy prior to her workout and thought she had gotten away with it until now.

“You’re more than welcome to join us. I bet you have a really good routine.” Akane deflected to another topic quickly with a warm smile.

"Yes, I must admit I too am curious what a great hero such as yourself might recommend as suitable training means."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaystar Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:20 pm

Starboy was absolutely doing his very best not to appear awkward... But it seemed that the pair of girls having come to interview him were doing their best with making him awkward as soon as they opened their mouths. "Salutations honorable hero. It is nice to finally lay eyes on you in person." Really?!? First of all, yes, he was happy to be their "honorable hero". Sounded nice that his reputation seemed to precede him... And in a favorable way. And second of all... "It was nice to finally lay eyes on him in person"?!? Well, had he known that one before, he most certainly would have already let her...

After the "Princess Raine" -part, Starboy pretty much just froze for a moment, his jaw dropping and looking at the blue-haired girl mesmerized, trying to first of all figure out what she was saying, and secondly to keep up with what was going on. Slowly though the hero was understanding that she was simply embracing her gimmick... And that he sould have tried to do the same as well. And frankly, that was making the situation a lot less awkward for him... Playing a role always helped!

"Umm, salutations, princess..." the hero began addressing her, while also nodding at Akane's direction, having already completely forgotten how he should have been addressing her. "Well, I am very happy to lay my... I mean, let you lay your eyes on me then. I know, a hero like me can be notoriously hard to find..." he continued, trying his best to avoid any Freudian slips from becoming too obvious. "But it is good that the... Realm of digital communication also facilitates... Exchanges. I have sensed the aura that you both are exactly my type..." he continued, before blushing as he realized having committed another slip. "I mean, heroes can recognize heroic values easily, even through digital means..." he quickly corrected to what he really meant to say.

Having the pair responding about their plans today provided a good breather for Starboy, to get the opportunity to try to relax in the situation a bit more. And for a moment it worked... Until they started querieing about his routine.

Now he had to think really fast.

"My routine? You know, my ladies, that is... That is a very complicated question." he began, trying to sound as confident and professional as possible, while also wondering whether they were familiar at all with his record so far in AFW. "You see, a routine... Sometimes routines can be good, yes. But frankly, there is so much more to the life of a superhero... You never know what to expect." By now Star's confidence was quickly rising, as he considered to have found a characteristic and believable path forward. "You always have to prepare for what you think is ahead of you... The battles that you're choosing, the villains that you're fighting. Really, it is best to customize!"

Still, he needed a way to get the spotlight off of him. "Like you ladies, I think you understand what I'm saying, based on your experience. Like, think about it. Who would you probably be facing next? What battles lie ahead of you? And what kind of conditions would be the most similar... Which ones would prepare you for the battle the best?"

Jaystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:53 am

Both women stood by while Starboy awkwardly was left to ramble, speech caught between worlds of reality and role play along with the complexity of navigating social awkwardness. Raine had a piercing sort of gaze, one that made someone very aware she was watching them. As Starboy fumbled over his words it was very apparent she was trying very hard to make sense of what he was saying.

“You need not guard your words with me, brave hero, if you wish to speak plainly you may do so. I take no offense to a lack of formality whilst we are in such a public space.” This was her olive branch, an attempt to save Starboy from his floundering. It of course didn't help that she was speaking just as eloquent and verbose all the while giving her permission to speak more normally. The mention of auras seemed to pique her interest, the young blue-haired woman looking rather intrigued by the concept.

“I first found out about you because of Raine.” Akane offered with a small nod.

“Mm, yes. You had complimented a declaration of mine in the past and I was rather flattered by your support of my creed. I recall searching out more of who you were with Lady Saito. Then most recently both of you had an exchange as well. It seems destiny brings us together again.”

“And exercise.”

“Also this, yes.”

When he began to speak of his routine, both women listened quietly and intently. Raine with a faint smile on her face, hands clasped in front of her as she took in the accounts of the superhero. Akane a bit more casually, dabbing herself off with her gym towel as he spoke. Both women nodded along as if what he was saying made sense to them.

“It is true. Preparation for a battle is more than simple muscle. There is a strategy involved in knowing one's enemy and exploiting their weaknesses within battle. Our fights may start at the sounding of the great bell, but they truly begin long before we ever step within the ring.”

“I… don’t generally look up anything about the people I am supposed to face.” Akane admitted softly with a faint rosy blush on her cheeks. She glanced away from both Starboy and Raine, biting her lip. “I think it's a bit more fun to be surprised… though it doesn’t seem like it's been working out too well for me.” She squeezed the ends of her gym towel, wringing them out a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaystar Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:56 pm

Star had tried to give out a convincing appearance of being perferctly capable of matching the nobility of Raine's words, but based on her permission to stop, he had probably achieved a miserable result with his efforts. Well, it served practically an order to do so to the Lonely Superhero... But he still had his own gimmick to adhere to. No, the language might not have been exactly the same as Raine's, but he still wanted to make an effort at sounding heroic... At least sometimes.

Well, at least she had called him brave. That was a plus.

But before he could respond to the heroine, Akane was already telling how she found out about him. Starboy also remembered immediately how he had found out first about Akane... But also immediately realized that he probably shouldn't be bringing the topic up. The images that the thought brought back to his head from several of the pinkette's prior matches in AFW, that he had, admittedly, sometimes enjoyed watching, were often such that the girl probably wasn't looking for a reminder of them right now.

Luckily, Raine saved him this time, reflecting on their prior exchanges. This was a much easier and pleasant comment to respond to. "Well, those were some very noble words of yours, princess Raine... And also, I wanted to encourage Lady Saito after her... Recent misfortune. So, I do not wonder that destiny has brought us together here."

"Oh, and also exercise, yes."

Then there was the tricky part about his workout routine... You know, the very established, rigorous and powerful one. Luckily, again, his quick bluff seemed to go down as well as it could with the two ladies. Or, it wasn't really a bluff... But more like an honest description about his attitude towards training. This was his mentality, these were his principles... It was just a whole another question how effective they actually were for him.

"You understand this very well, princess Raine..." Star then began, happy about where this conversation was going. "You must be very adept at analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of your combatants and enemies."

Akane on the other hand was admitting to have a little bit of a different strategy, to which Starboy felt a slight sting in his heart... Truthfully, her words were resonating a lot with him regarding his own approach, and how he acted in reality. "Oh, well, Lady Saito... there's nothing wrong with that either." Star continued, glancing at Raine at the same time to see whether she would approve or disapprove of his message. "Even in the life of a hero, being subjected to suprises is commonplace. Sometimes you can never know what kind of enemies hide behind the corner. Besides, as the Noble Protector, you must be ready to face all kinds of enemies, while the princess should be able to pick her fights more carefully." he concluded, very satisfied with himself over his quick thinking.

"But as I can see, you are here training together. So Lady Saito, I'm sure that Princess Raine can analyze very well your strengths and weaknesses as well, and what you could develop to level up you skills." the hero concluded his encouragement to Akane, inadvertently using language that appealed to Raine's gimmick. "That should also prove as a basis for a good training routine."

Star still had another question in mind though... Pondering for a while if he dared to present it, or if he would actually like to know the answer, he decided to risk it. "But you said that you have searched out more about me... What have you found out about the Lonely Superhero then, if I may ask?"

Jaystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:29 pm

“Ah… thanks.” Akane rubbed the back of her neck, giving a small smile. “Sometimes I feel like if I’d actually done my research things might work out a bit better. Lady Raine has a good mindset for strategy, but I’m more of an in-the-moment sort of girl I guess?” The pink-haired girl looked to Raine who simply nodded in return to her. Her attention shifted back to Starboy. “There is a good deal of very colorful and interesting people who wrestle for Friction and Tension. I don’t like to spoil what might be a very unique encounter otherwise.”

Princess Raine didn’t appear to have any objections. In her mind, what Akane did on her own time was really her business and she wasn’t about to ruin the girl’s fun. There was a time and a place for serious strategy and it was faced with a known adversary worthy of such attentions. She wouldn’t wish to force her way onto her friend and tag partner, not after all the support the girl had given her.

“We’ve bore witness to your valiant encounters within the ring.”
Raine responded to Starboy’s question. She was very diplomatic in her wording, not calling attention to his less-than-ideal record.

Akane sucked in her lips, not really making eye contact as Raine spoke. Starboy’s matches had been something of a guilty pleasure for her. Not because she wished him any harm, but because she had wanted to take his place in some of them. The idea of facing off against powerful villains in the ring and being defeated was enticing to her, enough to get a blush of faint embarrassment at thinking about it now. "Being a superhero seems... fun."

“Your matches have been a chronicle of some of the dangerous foes I one day may face, so I must thank you for putting your body and heart on the line when facing such dastardly characters. Know, that if I should strike one down within the ring, I do so for your honor.” Raine gave a firm nod as if committing herself to the cause.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaystar Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:27 pm

No, Starboy couldn't disagree that doing one's research about opponents usually paid off. But he couldn't deny being on Akane's wave length. He knew the intrigue. He knew the excitement of knowing that a villain was about to appear, potentially even a mightily strong and dangerous one, but not knowing for sure how they would turn out to be like, or from where, or when. It was part of the excitement and adventure. Even if it sometimes turned out backfiring...

But it was also brave. Part of the heroic attitude, that he prided himself with. And based on what he had seen before, Akane was also very brave as well. "That's right, Lady Saito. Superheroes need to be brave too, and ready to face anyone in-the-moment."

The conversation then shifted to Star's question, and it became immediately clear that they were familiar with his matches. The hero had to blush a little... But at least he was getting called valiant. That was the most important thing... And while he thought that he probably hadn't seen this Princess Raine actually battle it out before, he was getting the aura from her that she was sharing his morals and principles.

Akane's comment shifted Star's attention back towards the pinkette though, and it made the scenes from her matches make an irresistable encore in his head. He had actually likened her sometimes in his mind to some kind of a superheroine... Sure, not any kind of mighty and invincible one, but more like one who was still a rookie, not that strong, skilled and powerful yet, still in the beginning of her "career". Granted, it was partly due to her usual match attire, but also due to her bravery, attitude and the way she fought in the ring... And if he was perfectly honest, he thought they were actually quite similar with Akane in many regards.

Not with the Hentai stuff though. Na-ah. He wasn't going to be able to appear heroic at all in those.

Raine's words finally woke him back up from his daydreams though. Clearing his head, he really wanted to appreciate her words. "Thank you, Princess Raine. I will most certainly keep on putting my body and heart on the line against any dastardly villains in the future as well." he delivered his appreciation, before taking note of her final words. "I actually don't think I have seen you battle ever before, Princess. I would love to bear witness to your fighting prowess one day." he concluded, before turning his attention to Akane again.

"And Lady Saito... I'm certain you'd make a good superheroine. You know, if it could help, I could spar with you some day..." the hero voiced out, before blushing a little as the words had come out of his mouth before reaching a conscious decision to make the offer. Thus, he quickly shifted the topic a little... "Although, regrettably, I have found that AFW provides quite little suitable and realistic sparring grounds for battles, adventures and quests... Like, here at the gym, there's some mats, a ring, and so on... Where are all the lairs, dungeons and castles? Like those, that you can actually sometimes see in matches? It is really difficult for us heroes to train in proper surroundings and circumstances." the hero lamented, although he couldn't claim to be all that familiar with all the facilities that the expansive Tension campus contained, nor the rules which involved principles of using them. Which happened to have him come up with a question. "Or, do you honorable ladies happen to be aware of such facilities around here?"

Jaystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:59 pm

“I… well, I haven’t yet done battle within the arena of AFW.” Raine spoke a bit more subdued, a small crack in her confidence as she had talked a rather large game without merit to back it. She straightened up though, ignoring the slight heat in her cheeks as she continued. “Likely a calculated effort by those of villainous intent to subvert justice. My time will come and they will be dealt with thusly.”

“We do spar on occasion. Lady Raine is actually quite adept. She picks things up a bit quicker than I do.” Akane poked her tongue out playfully and gave the top of her own head a little bonk denoting she could be a bit of a dummy.

“Oh… you think so? I don’t even know what my hero name would be. I’d like to dress up though with maybe one of those cute little eye masks…” Akane let her mind wander, the visible excitement in her eyes for a brief moment before the thought.

“Why not now? Lady Saito is fit enough to compete in something as light as a sparring session. Perhaps you can teach us a few of your techniques?” When Raine spoke up it burst Akane’s daydream leaving her to rapidly blink. The pink-haired girl eyed the self-proclaimed princess, slightly hesitant to engage in a wrestling bout after having been on a grueling workout schedule.

Akane’s face flushed red when Starboy lamented over the speciality rooms for matches. While she hadn’t seen any lairs or castles, she had been in a few of the lush bedrooms. That she kept to herself preferring  not to draw attention to her more hedonistic pursuits in AFW if Raine and Starboy were unfamiliar.

“A gym is no hardened battlefield but even the noble of pursuits can come from humble beginnings. If such things are not to your liking, perhaps we can arrange something moreto your tastes. As a spar or perhaps even a bout between the both of you in a more desirable location.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next