by ARStudios2000 Today at 8:14 am

» The Belly Olympics: Day One
by Mystery Dragon Today at 8:14 am

» Nadine Hawker vs Piper Sherwood(d) - No Excuses
by Mystery Dragon Today at 6:23 am

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Kookio Today at 5:35 am

Who is online?
In total there are 133 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 133 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Settling a Debt (Yori)

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Settling a Debt (Yori) - Page 3 Empty Re: Settling a Debt (Yori)

Post by Cicilia Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:53 am

"Yeah... Well... More for me then." Cicilia responded if a bit half-heartedly. She went back to munching on her own food, specifically her own creation, trying to find the same kind of joy from it's exquisite flavor that she would've had she cooked it for herself. Somehow intention was an unforeseen ingredient that went unpleasantly sour when it was rejected. It didn't taste quite right now and nothing was wrong with it. Still... She couldn't toss out her Roudalin because she lost the motivation to eat it. She'd go broke if she made that a habit.

She'd finish her plate with a contented sigh, happy that her belly was full at least. The rest she could stick in the fridge for later. She noticed that Sayumi had stopped playing her game now and was just sipping water as well as adjusting herself on the beanbag. They must've taken eating very seriously where she was from, apparently teaching her not to do two things at the same time. She supposed she could respect that. More things mean less attention to each means less favorable results for all. Made sense. Cicilia wondered if she would've liked it more if she was distracted by the game... Without even attempting it, the thought was just another well-placed stab to the heart. Who was she kidding? She wouldn't like it if it was covered in soy-sauce. She should just stop worrying about it then right?

Wrong.

Cicilia sat in silence for a bit, just thinking, contemplating, wondering what else she could do. What more could she say? She wanted to impress Sayumi but she completely botched that so that's out. Be a good host? Well she nearly poisoned her with food so... that's out too...

"I'm sorry." She spoke, her lips seeming to move on their own. "I'm sorry I'm not the best host or the nicest person... I'm trying though. I really am... And I want to thank you for just... hanging around still after the stuff I put you through."

Cicilia couldn't believe what she was saying... Why was she speaking this!? SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THINKING THIS!
Cicilia
Cicilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:11 am

Pouted at Cicilia's words, she could tell she was upset. They had so much fun shopping and chatting earlier, but was was it falling apart now. She scooped up the console controller, going back to punching and kicking the helpless dummy. How was she suppose to make the other woman feel better? Did she have to eat the whole thing and lie? Shouldn't being honest count for something? As there was silence between them, only the digital sounds of violence from the TV was there to fill the void. She didn't want to turn around, was afraid Cicilia was waiting for her to do or say something in which case, what?

As Cicilia finally broke the silence she glanced back, only one of her bold blue eyes visible. "I know you're trying... I think you're doing pretty good. Honest." She smiled faintly, wiggling on the beanbag to face Cicilia a little more. She wanted to say nicer things, more encouraging things. It was going to be fine. Or that all the trouble they had wasn't a problem... but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Perhaps she respected Cicilia too much for such a blatant falsehood, even if it was to make her feel better.

"No one is perfect... We're all a little..."
She squinted, searching for the word. "I don't know. Strange? Different? Quirky? It's just good you see something about yourself you want to change, and you're trying. That counts for something." She reached out to set a hand lightly on Cicilia's knee. "Not every day can be a good day. It's okay."

Last edited by Yori on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicilia Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Cicilia couldn't help but smile and laugh if weakly at Sayumi's response. She was never a fan of those that would lie to her face for temporary relief. It wasn't real friendship to make someone feel good so that they'd shut up about all their problems for you... That just made you more of a jerk in her mind. Sayumi though... What she did was try to reaffirm her confidence in the truth, stating that everyone had their problems and that it was good that she was trying to change. Even if she was failing and fixing herself now, she'd get it eventually. What mattered was the effort. "Not every day can be a good day" Sayumi said not as a barb, but as a reassurance. Not every could be a good day so she shouldn't take this as hard as she did. She should just pick herself up and go on. Basically: Get over yourself. It's not a big deal. You'll have worse days so stop worrying about this one, you idiot. Well, maybe not that last bit but Cicilia thought it was an appropriate addition.

The German just thought it was funny when people spoke so bluntly that it was like punching someone in the face with the truth (guess why) and when it happened to her, it was no different. Granted she didn't say it so flatly so her words had some padding (almost like a glove) but she got her point across easily.

Cicilia may use anger as fuel when she's out fighting some poor sap but when it came to homelife, its the last thing she wanted to feel. Heh... She liked this girl........ more. She seemed to know just what to say and that was nothing less than attractive. Cicilia buried those feelings for now though and brought gratitude to the surface. It would be a HORRIBLE thing to make this awkward exchange even worse. The boxer placed her own hand on top of Sayumi's, her cheeks flaring up a tiny bit. Everyone needed someone to keep them grounded in reality, keep them from growing too "overboard" as it were or too stupid. Maybe Sayumi was hers. Or maybe it was those feelings rising to the surface again. Damn FEELINGS!

"Thank you, Sayumi." The German grinned, giving the girl's fingers a light squeeze. "I'll keep that in mind from now on."

(Love yer new profile pic btw)
Cicilia
Cicilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:49 pm

For as bubbly and outgoing Sayumi was, she didn't have many friends. Still tied down to what friends were like in the days of catty words and clique politics from back in her high school days. She wasn't even sure what friends, real friends, should act like. Was there some guide she could look up? A how to book that gave her the best ways to be supportive or inspiring?

A smile had been a good start.

"You're very welcome. I think, with what we do especially, enough people are trying to beat us up already. Maybe don't add yourself to that list... right?" She gave Cicilia's knee a small shake, returning the smile. She thought she was doing pretty good at this encouraging thing. It was easier than she expected, mostly because the truth of it just felt natural to her.

No more waffling about trying to fabricate false truths. Cicilia seemed to, like most issues, prefer to have them in front of her where she could see them and know what she was actually fighting. It was a good approach, for the boxer. Sayumi wasn't so upfront, she wasn't as confrontational. Most of her personal problems, past or otherwise she tended to bottle up and try to forget them. Out of sight, out of mind. Sooner or later sweeping things under the rug would become noticeable though, and it was only a matter of time before someone went looking as to why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicilia Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:05 pm

"With advice like that, why are you in the wrestling business?" Cicilia joked with a small giggle. "You should be a councilor or a therapist!" The boxer was feeling more and more at ease with Sayumi, she who would give out sage advice when she most needed it. This was the kind of stuff people paid hundreds of dollars for and this girl was giving it out for free. What saint was she in a past life that made her come back as someone so beautiful and wise? She didn't know. She couldn't imagine.

Only two days she's known her and she's acting like someone she's known for months. Did she act this way to everyone she met...? Then they were all lucky, weren't they. Cicilia's smile only bloomed as the cute little lavender shook her leg slightly with reassurance, the boxer's eyes glowing with warmth. Almost felt like when they were on the beach with Sayumi on top of her and Cicilia holding her tight... It almost made her want to relive that moment again, albeit with more clothes and less sand.

But then... What level of audacity would Cicilia have to have to request a hug from someone she met yesterday and only fought twice? What kind of entitlement? Merely asking for something so simple would completely counter the good she'd get from it so why try? She might as well had been asking her mother to be loving for once in her life. Probably would have the same, completely dumbstruck expression that'd leave Cicilia's face blasted red with embarrassment. No. Out of the question.

Was it even too early to consider her a friend? She was certainly acting like they were but Cicilia wasn't sure... Friendships were... like... sacred and stuff and people don't make or break them easily or shouldn't anyway. She wanted to say Sayumi was though... So she might make an exception just this once.

JUST this once.

"Do you have any upcoming matches?" Cicilia asked, tilting her head to the side. "I got one. Wrestling if you can believe it. Think I might actually try my hand at it in front of a crowd." That wasn't the only reason but she hid that better than her disappointment. Cicilia was running out of money. Matches in boxing had become rather stagnate for her and she needed a new income. That... and the match she'd signed up for wasn't ANYTHING like she had done in boxing... God... the thing's she'd do for a paycheck... It was the only available slot and her opponent was unknown to her if she even had one yet. She was still... preparing herself for this match.

"To be honest, I'm kinda nervous... It'll be one of my first real fights in the sport..."
Cicilia
Cicilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:48 am

Sayumi blinked, the question being taken by her as a genuine one. She was about to say something, to explain, when Cicilia continued. Oh... The boxer had been making a joke. Stepping back on the answer she was going to give, she rolled with the punches. "I don't even have a degree." She stated rather proudly. Who needed further education anyway? She beamed brightly, taking all this high praise well.

Sayumi was a naturally affectionate person. She always had been. It was likely she could make fast friends with any number of people, if she met them. After school, she had found it hard to meet and bond with new people. Even in the AFW, with tensions high and a competitive air, the relatively quiet Sayumi didn't stand out enough really.

"I'm not sure. They tend to book my matches the night of... I'm not really a big draw for AFW or anything, so they just plug me in places when they need a body " Her eyes widened at Cilicia's admission she had a match causing her to grin SO big. "Now I wish I taught you more stuff. But you should be good, in AFW anyway. Unless there is a stipulation, there isn't anything says you can't just box or something? I don't think that's actually a thing."

"You just need to be careful about what the other girl is doing. You plant yourself when you fight pretty hard. You need to be more... uh... fluid I guess? I know you can punishment someone pretty bad if they mess up... Personal experience. Just play it safe. Don't let them get to you. A lot of the girls like to try to get in your head..." She frowned, looking a bit guilty. "Sorta like what I was doing...but mean."

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicilia Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:45 am

Cicilia couldn't help but smile wider in time with Sayumi's massive grin and that smile only grew wider if a tiny bit darker with anticipation as the lavender cutie explained there was no real law against just boxing. Oh...? Was that right...? Heheheheheheheh... OH she was gonna have FUN here AFTER ALL! She could beat people unconscious in her signature style and do it against opponents that wouldn't so she could learn how to fight such styles first-hand? OH BOY, OH BOY! Ah she could just SEE IT NOW! Granted, she didn't expect to get all that popular, just waltzing in with her fists up and clobbering a few wrestlers. People might think it's an invasion of the sport, with Cicilia leading the charge. As much as she liked the idea of just going in with what she did best, she had to learn a few new tricks... Learn how to use her moves in more effective, if flashy wrestling ways.

She nodded, listening with Sayumi's advice with eyes wide, attentive. Cicilia blinked upon hearing her analysis of her fighting style and the juggernaut internally smirked.

Yeah... I know that... Good thing I've been keeping that stance a secret for so long...

Fluid indeed was something she needed to work on if she was going to keep her strength though. She couldn't be fast because she needed to keep herself grounded for her strongest blows but then.... maybe she didn't need them as much as she used them... Sayumi had a point... She needed a stronger, more agile defense over a stronger offense as she had that in spades. "Play it safe" as she advised... Yeah... she could do that... she hoped. Sayumi then offered one more warning: Don't let them get into your head. Rivals would exploit every screw-up so she should keep her thoughts locked down. Sayumi seemed somewhat dejected when she admitted to playing with Cicilia's head once before, but for the life of the boxer, she couldn't think of a specific instance. Was it when they were laying together on the beach...? It didn't matter... That didn't bother her.

"Don't worry about it!" Cicilia smiled, wrapping an arm around the wrestler's shoulders, giving her a gentle side-hug. It was the least she could do to cheer her up. After all, it was nothing like the original variant. "Thank you so much, Sayumi... You gave me a lot to think about..."
Cicilia
Cicilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:50 am

Wobbled a bit in the side hug, more because of the instability of the bean bag chair she was sitting on than anything else. "I am a little worried." About what though? "There are a few really bad seeds out there. Just be careful. By comparison I am a novice compared to most of the AFW roster." She looked back at Cicilia with uncharacteristic seriousness. " I know it's not boxing, and you might think it's sorta... I dunno, silly? Just don't underestimate anyone you come up against."

"You're welcome. Happy to help." She disliked being a doomsayer, but she just needed to make sure Cicilia knew how serious this all really was. Sure, Cilicia could use her boxing, but there were a large portion of martial artists as well, with varying styles too. It seemed pretty rare that one of AFWs wrestlers we're strictly wrestlers.

"Maybe we'll have a tie breaker in the ring at some point if you stick around. We are one for one after all."

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicilia Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:04 am

Sayumi's advice was some of the most practical Cicilia had heard in regards to her fighting. Back when she had a trainer funded by her parents, he told her something similar, that she should always keep her guard up and assume the person your fighting is better than you in every way. That way you were always on your toes, expecting something worse than what you were getting. It had been advice Cicila had a hard time following in recent years though, mainly because she plowed down just about everyone that came into the ring with her. Every single one came out busted up or completely knocked out and the German came out with only a few bumps and bruises. That's how things went before but wrestling was a newer, dynamic sport... Sayumi was right, of course... She needed to keep on her toes. If what she was saying was true and the lavender cutie was a mere novice... then she'd need to stop holding back and go out in these matches...

Neither being over-confident nor letting herself go completely was going to be easy habits to break...

"I understand." Cicilia nodded, feeling a little better with the knowledge of the rules and warnings of her opponents in her head. "Just wait! The next time you see me, I'll be a winner" Those words gave the boxer a much needed confidence boost, her heart rising with pride as she imagined herself standing over a difficult, but just as defeated opponent... The crowd cheering her... It would feel like old times again... Sayumi's mention of fighting again for real nabbed the German's attention. She grinned widely, looking at her rival in friend delight. She really DID know what to say didn't she...? Deep down inside, she craved another fight, this time seeking to utterly crush. Not because she held some kind of vendetta or anything, but to prove just how much better she was... No resistance, no fighting back... Just a slow, painful steamroll. That was the goal anyway and that's how she fought. An unstoppable juggernaut...

Cicilia felt a twinge of guilt thinking this about the girl that was giving her all this free advice, comforted her when she needed it and got her hopes up. It was like she was treating her like everyone else and she didn't deserve that... Was it wrong to think of dominating her only friend in the ring...?

"Maybe... And we'll both do our best, right?" Cicilia questioned, taking her arm from around her shoulder back, this time holding it out in a fist for the girl to bump.
Cicilia
Cicilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:15 am

"Yes." She nodded in respond, staring at the fist. She slowly raised her own hand, balling it into a fist as well. Were they saluting or something? She didn't know if this was a boxer thing or a German thing...

She smiled all the same, offering Cicilia the controller. If she wanted a nice win, she could take it out on the CPU and show Sayumi the rope. "Show me how a winner does it." She gave a wink, turning back around with a smile to watch the TV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next