Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 3:21 am

» Squishing a Jobber: A No DQ, Handicap, I Quit Match! Isabella & Jaqueline VS Squishy! (For Deus)
by Blue_Snakie Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» The Belly Olympics: Day One
by Daaharu Yesterday at 4:21 pm

» Yori Takibi vs. Birbie Becky - The Blazing Winds Will Rage!
by ARStudios2000 Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Trini "Starshine" Carazo vs. Ayane "Empress" Yamamoto
by Mystery Dragon Yesterday at 5:45 am

Who is online?
In total there are 110 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 110 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

A Puerto Rican Mummy in Japan

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A Puerto Rican Mummy in Japan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Puerto Rican Mummy in Japan

Post by acuyra Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:46 am

Carmen tried to keep a cool demeanor at all times. Part of being a boxer, the mental aspects. You let too much of yourself slip out and the enemy worms her way in, gets in your head, and that's where the real damage starts.

But when Charlie asked her about her family, she faltered. It wasn't something she thought about, or even wanted to think about for a long time. "I...well, sort of." She scratched her head, thinking about how much she could tell. It was personal stuff, and with almost anyone else she'd say no, but Charlie had a thing about him. A trusting face, an innocent heart If there was anyone she could explain it to, it would be him. His whole demeanor just diffused the tension.

"Okay, so." She ran a hand through her auburn hair. "My family is religious. Very religious, on my Dad's side - pretty much, if you're not a boxer, you're a preacher. And one of my uncles does both." She shook her head. Where Uncle Benito found the time, she would never know. "But I'm gay. Seriously. Really. Really. Gay. And most of my family is not down with that. Ever." She cracked her knuckles and shrugged. "So it's complicated. It is very complicated, Charlie."

Back to top Go down

Post by HighFly Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:42 pm

"Damn, that sucks. I'm sorry for all that, I know how it is not having the family always there and such." Charlie answered. He didn't expect Carmen to say that, and was surprised she'd divulge information like that to him. He wasn't the type to go around and talk about people though so everything she said was safe.

"I guess I am the way I am because of my dad. He used to smack mom around pretty good, and he's actually in jail back home for robbery. I refuse to ever be like him, and I feel like hitting a lady out of anger just gives us something in common. I mean, open competition is different than what he did but still..." Charlie said. Most people didn't relate as well as Carmen did to Charlie. Sure the specifics were not at all close, but the overall theme of... well, alienation was there.

Hikaru Sawazaki-Friction
Rosa "Crusher" Cabrera-Friction
"JJ" Janella Johnson-Friction
Raquel Masters-Friction
Lauren Fredericks-Friction
TAG TEAM
The Irish Amazons

HighFly

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:45 am

Carmen gave Charlie a sideways glance, as if she could scan his DNA just by looking at him. Even though he'd knocked out her brother - sort of - she could tell this guy was about as threatening as your average stuffed bear. It was hard, nearly impossible, to imagine him sharing genes with anyone who could think of committing a crime or smacking a woman around, and it made Carmen think of how blessed she was growing up.

"My Dad doesn't really agree with my lifestyle, but I can't act like he didn't raise me right. He'd never even raise a hand to me or my Mom." She sighed and gave him a pat on the shoulder, even though it hurt her shoulder to raise up that far. "You're nothing like that, man. I can tell that, anybody can tell that. We'll get your head right with this, just watch."

Back to top Go down

Post by HighFly Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Charlie was genuinely touched by Carmen's kindness. Up until now the only two people in Japan who had been this nice to him were Alaina whom he had known back home, and who he had a bit of an argument with prior to her moving out, as well as Talia Wilson his girlfriend.

"Thanks, that actually really means a lot to me." Charlie said as he nodded at Carmen. Hearing that he came across as such to someone who didn't know him actually felt like a monkey was lift off his back. "I think that I'll be ok once there's an actual match and all that, probably."

Hikaru Sawazaki-Friction
Raquel Masters-Friction
TAG TEAM
The Irish Amazons

HighFly

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:01 am

Carmen returned the smile, glad to have made another friend. She'd been a little worried about coming to Japan and starting fresh here. So different from Puerto Rico, like another world. But, so far, it had been nothing but a pleasant time. She'd had good fights, made some new friends, and had a whole host of opportunities laid at her feet. Meeting Charlie was just the newest cherry on a very nice sundae.

Carmen took out the card for her boxing training lessons, a little something she did on the side for extra money. Also, her home and cell phone numbers. "Here." She handed it off to him. "So we can keep in touch. Call me in a week or so, I should have something for you."

Back to top Go down

Post by HighFly Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Charlie smiled as he took the card. he pulled out his phone and shot Carmen a quick text message with his name. "You can put my number in your phone now, so that way when I call ya know who it is and all that." Charlie said, feeling a lot more optimistic about his next match than he had before. "Thanks again."

L.C barked once in agreement, and seemed happy to have another person who readily paid attention to him at his whim. Charlie knelt down to pet him some before turning his attention back towards Carmen. "If you and Army ever want a training partner who has a bit of a different background than boxing don't hesitate to call me."

Hikaru Sawazaki-Friction
Raquel Masters-Friction
TAG TEAM
The Irish Amazons

HighFly

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Carmen took out her phone as it buzzed and gave it a quick look over, making sure she had him saved, and simultaneously lamenting that she had more numbers for men than women on the stupid thing.

"I'm pretty sure if Army ever steps in the ring with you again, he's just gonna want a rematch." She shrugged and stuffed the phone away as she started to walk backwards, giving both Charlies a wave as she went. "But I'll keep it in mind, thanks, always need sparring partners. Especially guys. Guys are durable." She spun around and walked off in earnest. "Take it easy, man."

Back to top Go down

Post by HighFly Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:53 pm

"Heh, I'm not surprised." Charlie said with a shrug. He nodded to Carmen as she left, and L.C barked once. "I'm sure I'll see you around, take care!"

As much as some people in the AFW irritated Charlie or just downright pissed him off, it was always a very nice surprise to meet a regular old normal person who wasn't out for blood or glory. While Alaina was a very driven competitor who deep down wanted to be the best, Charlie was just here because he enjoyed it. The second this gig started to seem like work, a chore, or something he had to do instead of wanted to do he'd call it quits. For now though.... he would be sitting on pins and needles waiting for that call from Carmen about his next fight.

Hikaru Sawazaki-Friction
Raquel Masters-Friction
TAG TEAM
The Irish Amazons

HighFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content