Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Yori Today at 8:14 am

» SRW: Journey to the Lizard Folk Fighters!
by Old_Man_Tai Yesterday at 11:47 pm

» Reforging the Heart (For Yori)
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» Senji Takijima - Stains of Time - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

Who is online?
In total there are 72 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 72 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll]

+7
3ho
Jstruggs716
SimplyMoon
Yori
Iceman
skip-stop
Old_Man_Tai
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should Mods take more active roles in title matches to help avoid issues with stalling.

Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll] Vote_lcap83%Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll] Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 24 ]
Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll] Vote_lcap7%Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll] Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll] Vote_lcap10%Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll] Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 29

Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll] Empty Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll]

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:39 pm

So, one issue that plagues AFW often, is the issues of player slowdowns. These things happen, people get overwhelmed at work, or with school or with personal issues, or just burnout and writers block, We, (the mod team) understand that and deal with similar.

But one thing we've noticed more and more lately is these slowdowns affecting title matches, and I've been wondering about ways we could possibly assist with that, without heavily impacting players freedom and choices.

One suggestion I've thought of, that I wanted to run by the board, is the possibility of Mods directly stepping in when a player becomes inactive and stalls a title match. Mod's already have the ability to end matches in someones favor if a player vanishes, this would be a step further than that.

Basically, this idea would involve the mods working with the champion and challenger before their match to set up a proper script for the match, and then if one party becomes unable to post for longer than some pre-agreed upon period, a mod will step in and follow the script in their place until they are able to return.

In cases where someone simply does not return or clearly cannot be active, we may call an audible and put the other, more active, player over for the belt so that we aren't constantly vacating belts every year.

While I'm aware this might impact some peoples control over their story and character and they might dislike this, this also would have zero effect on those who remain active for their title reigns.

How do you feel about this suggestion? If you have suggestions of your own, please DM me on the Discord.

Back to top Go down

Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll] Empty Re: Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll]

Post by skip-stop Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:44 pm

I have already spoken in support of this idea, so my vote is yes Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll] 1f44c
skip-stop
skip-stop

Back to top Go down

Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll] Empty Re: Should mods take more active roles in players title matches [Poll]

Post by Iceman Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:04 pm

Having proper well-thought scripts for the title belts is paramount for the well being of the AFW universe, so my vote is yes. I would like mods getting involved in the process as long as everyone has some creative freedom to pursue the story they want, as long as it respects the site rules of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:15 pm

Iceman wrote:Having proper well-thought scripts for the title belts is paramount for the well being of the AFW universe, so my vote is yes. I would like mods getting involved in the process as long as everyone has some creative freedom to pursue the story they want, as long as it respects the site rules of course.

Just to be clear and transparent on this: The mods would assist in scripting them match to what the players want, and only would get directly involved if a player cannot be involved, and then our involvement would follow the script as written.

So this would not cripple players creative freedoms and only be put into effect when a player drops off the map, so to speak. If you're a reliable and active poster during your title run, you'll never need this option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:53 pm

I have long since maintained that when a player takes hold of a title they are being given a responsibility to drive roleplay and should uphold a certain level of activity. Belts and accolades are here as a means in which to promote the story. There is no innate value in holding a belt out of character because what we do here is not nor should ever be considered competitive. We are here to play together and belts should be used to help elevate stories and stakes not just be hoarded for the sake of saying a character has it.

Players in big matches should have planned finishes, and those matches should have expectations of availability associated with them. I feel it's reasonable that these "deadlines" can be extended in case of sudden unexpected issues arising, but they need to be communicated. I am guilty of going dark from time to time, just like anyone else, but we should be striving to keep an open line of communication to just check-in and not hold up progress for other players. Sometimes some feuds get stalled for ages. If it is just between the two players, that is fine, take your time, but when it involves future plans with others or belts that are here for everyone, a greater degree of care should be out in place.

I think it's important to keep belt stories moving, so the idea of keeping the mods involved to help facilitate that sounds good to me. If someone can't post anymore or goes. Missing without a trace, there should be a means to move things towards a planned finish. If the player set to win is the one that goes missing, there should be a plan b to change the result to end things neat and tidy.

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoon Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:23 pm

As a new champion of a formerly vacated belt I'd say yes in at least helping with getting a good amount of candidates and at least controlling whom exactly would be a #1 Contender. Something like candidate matches.
SimplyMoon
SimplyMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:31 pm

SimplyMoon wrote:As a new champion of a formerly vacated belt I'd say yes in at least helping with getting a good amount of candidates and at least controlling whom exactly would be a #1 Contender. Something like candidate matches.

You know, we do vacate a LOT of belts.

and we rarely ever do Contender matches.

We should do more contender matches

Back to top Go down

Post by Jstruggs716 Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:43 pm

For me someone who is completing in title match must been fine with either a mod taking over or allowed the other player to use their character to finish the match, especially when the title changing hands.

Jstruggs716

Back to top Go down

Post by 3ho Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:54 pm

Old_Man_Tai wrote:So, one issue that plagues AFW often, is the issues of player slowdowns. These things happen, people get overwhelmed at work, or with school or with personal issues, or just burnout and writers block, We, (the mod team) understand that and deal with similar.

One suggestion I've thought of, that I wanted to run by the board, is the possibility of Mods directly stepping in when a player becomes inactive and stalls a title match. Mod's already have the ability to end matches in someones favor if a player vanishes, this would be a step further than that.

Basically, this idea would involve the mods working with the champion and challenger before their match to set up a proper script for the match, and then if one party becomes unable to post for longer than some pre-agreed upon period, a mod will step in and follow the script in their place until they are able to return.

In cases where someone simply does not return or clearly cannot be active, we may call an audible and put the other, more active, player over for the belt so that we aren't constantly vacating belts every year.

How do you feel about this suggestion?

I think it is important to mention (and for the sake of offering a contrary opinion) but mods are also people, too! If there own plates of activity are full and/or facing strife that prevents them from posting then you run into the same problem.

As a fairly long lurker, the mods are great here, for sure. However, I am just concerned that they shouldn't have to shoulder the burden. Yes, the health of this site is promoted through mod work, but how much is too much to ask of them?

Something to think about, anyway.

I would say the idea of keeping consistent lore for title matches is good and fun. If the mods find it fun to help with those by all means, don't let my earlier concern prevent this from implemented. However, I might suggest that maybe the champion and the challenger, on their own, outline a script for the match. Then they could submit it to a mod as an fyi or use it as a contingency and send it along with a request to a mod to help continue the match? That way the mods don't have to risk feeling burned out or overwhelmed.

But again, do not let me speak for the mods. I just wanted to offer a concern that may have not been considered.
3ho
3ho

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus001 Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:54 pm

Agreeing with folks above, having held the tension tag titles wayback I recall not having any input or help from mods in finding stuff to set up and mostly made my own way. So having a reliable fallback for the titles would be great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next