by TheLoneWanderer Today at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Today at 7:52 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 5:43 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Kairi Kamiya vs. Elizabeth "Riza" Hawkeye
by Yori Today at 1:11 am

Who is online?
In total there are 150 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 148 Guests :: 2 Bots

Blue_Snakie, Old_Man_Tai

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Topic: Wrestling?

+20
Vcom7418
Mystery Dragon
M.J.Caboose14
Old_Man_Tai
acuyra
kerflubble
Alexandra
Serpon
BootsForSpooks
BritBrat
Yori
St.Ambs
SleeperAgent94
LtLukas
Link-mon
LARIATO
FlameofHope
killcarrion
SimplyMoon
Lobo
24 posters

Page 12 of 74 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 43 ... 74  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 12 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Harrier Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:48 pm

My argument is that today kayfabe is dead and many fans are hardened smarks that do not accept booking bullshit to make "the man" look great. Workers who are poor/average in the ring or even more important in character will never be fully over like Hogan or the Warrior were. People today bond more with rejects and workers like themselves than golden boys who get everything handed to them. It sometimes seems to me everyone except Vince actually acknowledges that.

People buy Brock Lesnar as badass either because they remember him from the Ruthless area and know what he is really capable of(like myself), know he can go with MMA greats(I never saw an MMA match in full because I already find boxing boring) or support him because they are 10 and he wins matches.
Only very few people have a problem to find him credible. And when he promos, he looks serious enough for me.
He gives reasons to hate him because he is a parttimer with only a few segments per month and people could see his "I only do two moves" matches as confirmation for this argument and because it is boring to see a squash(already was boring in the 80s^^).

Nobody cared if Hogan could do a corkscrew moonsault when he hulked up in the 80s. The message that he was a rolemodel and stood for America was much more important. People wanted him to stay triumphant over the iraqi symphatizer, the guy that wanted to steal your probably fugly girlfriend, the rich snob guy, the friend turned traitor, the gentle but ill advised giant or the evil sumo grandmaster. That made his heel turn even bigger as the fallen idol that was now every bit as corrupt and traitorous as the guys he demolished for years.
I fail to see for what Reigns stands. What is his redeeming quality if he is not smugly making fun of people or attacking them from behind or midmatch? If WWE wants to book him as a tweener, they have to do better. He is a formidable heel lately though.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:18 pm

I don't care that Brock only has two moves. I don't care that he barely even speaks for himself.

My whole problem is that I'm just tired of a part-timer getting to hold not just a belt, but THE biggest belt on Raw. I'm just tired of a part-timer getting so much attention and pull in the company.

I don't like Brock anyway. I think he's boring and I've never been entertained by him. It's made a thousand times worse by him getting the Universal title and then just vanishing for three months. It's bullshit. If I was a wrestler on the WWE roster, that was showing up every week and busting my ass in the ring, I would be pissed as hell that this asshole could just show up, win the main title, and then just take a three month vacation.

If he was showing up every week and just squashing people with two moves, almost like Goldberg did back in his heyday? Sure, fine, I'd be more cool with Brock. I wouldn't LIKE it, but I'd get it more. But when he only shows up every so often, gets everything he wants handed to him, and just does two (sorry, three moves, he did the slam too :V) moves? Naw son. That's just lazy.

The only damn reason he gets this huge push and gets the company presented to him on a silver platter is because Vince has a massive hard-on for giant 'roided out assholes, and Vince is desperate for any kind of crossover appeal with MMA/Hollywood/whatever.

It's stupid. Everyone in the company that actually puts in work and puts in the effort is getting fucked over, and I don't don't think it's fair or right.

Also Brock has a shitty sword tattoo and a dumb haircut and no personality, so there's that too.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:57 pm

I agree with everything Alex says...mostly that his tattoo is poorly drawn...

Honesty he seems like the biggest dick in wrestling

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:50 pm

M.J.Caboose14 wrote:I agree with everything Alex says...mostly that his tattoo is poorly drawn...

Honesty he seems like the biggest dick in wrestling

This seems like a great time to segue into this report on the recent Paige/Alberto Del Rio issues:

– Yesterday it was reported that Alberto el Patron was seen being detained at the Orlando International Airport. It was reported that Patron “allegedly roughed up a female companion” in the altercation. Global Force Wrestling stated that they would monitor the situation and also investigate. Paige then claimed that she and El Patron got the police involved after a woman got angry and threw a drink at Patron. According to Paige, she had just found out some bad news regarding her family and was upset when the woman tried to take a picture and things escalated from there.

And then audio recording relating to the alleged domestic incident at an airport involving Alberto El Patron and Paige, and it appears to depict an emotional argument between the two. In the audio, El Patron and Paige appear to be arguing with El Patron saying something about “calling the cops…Let’s do it. Get the cops.” He appears to be speaking to Paige, who replies, “Just stay out of my life. Leave me the f**k alone. I’m trying to get away from you.”

– The witness to the altercation spoke with heavy.com, here are some highlights…

The woman claims that the two were arguing, with Paige screaming that Del Rio had been “doing coke for two-days straight” and called him “abusive.”

While Paige claimed that she and Patron called the police on the woman after she threw a drink on him, the witness claims that “none of that happened,” adding that Paige screamed, “You’re so abusive to me” to Patron during their argument.
At one point, Patron said, “Check her bag, she’s got all the coke in it, it’s all hers,” the witness claims.

The witness admits to discreetly attempting to take pictures of Paige as she walked and talked on the phone until she was noticed.

Paige walked back into the restaurant and then came back out, arguing with a “soaked Patron.” The witness continued, adding that

Paige started to yell at Patron, stating “He was soaked and she was saying, ‘You’re such an abusive husband, I hate you. You’ve ruined my life, you’ve ruined my career.’”

In regards to what may have started the argument, the witness stated that Patron said inflammatory comments about one of Paige’s family members, adding “From what I gather, he said something like, ‘I hope your f***ing uncle dies tomorrow, and grabs her wrist because he was mad she was on the phone for so long. They wanted to leave, so he got mad and grabbed her wrist. She got upset and threw water on him and she ran out.”

Paige’s Uncle Stanley is currently hospitalized…

Send all the love and prayers to my uncle Stanley. He needs it right now. Love you with everything I have Stan.. he's the strongest SOB ❤️ pic.twitter.com/CkDhLeUY7X
— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) July 10, 2017

So yeah, maybe the people involved at WWE were right for trying to split them up, seems pretty toxic.

As for Brock Lesnar being "the biggest dick in wrestling" nah. Not by a long shot. Apparently he can be quiet and introverted backstage, which is nothing, but is allegedly a pretty laid back guy. As for his in ring stuff, for the most part (barring a couple of exceptions that are more grey than black and white) he's pretty much a professional. Pay him, and he will show up and he will do whatever the hell you want him to do, period.

I'd rather deal with Lesnar than Del Rio at least.

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:57 pm

As for Brock Lesnar being "the biggest dick in wrestling" nah. Not by a long shot. Apparently he can be quiet and introverted backstage, which is nothing, but is allegedly a pretty laid back guy. As for his in ring stuff, for the most part (barring a couple of exceptions that are more grey than black and white) he's pretty much a professional. Pay him, and he will show up and he will do whatever the hell you want him to do, period.

I'd rather deal with Lesnar than Del Rio at least.

I'm with you on this one. Wrestling is full of people who are far bigger jerks than Brock Lesnar. Apparently Del Rio is one them, geez.

Anyway, all I know is that I just saw the opening Raw segment on Monday, and I thought it was fucking awesome. I thought everyone in it was great, and I loved the way it felt like they were all one little shove away from having a legit fight with each other. More of that, please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:23 pm

When AdR and Sin Cara had trouble backstage some years ago, I always thought that the original Sin Cara was just a whiny, lazy guy that provoked the hard working and proud AdR into something.
Then he quit WWE because someone made a racist comment about him and he decked the guy with his best MMA punch, and I thought that there finally is a guy that gives a shit about his paycheck and stands up for his ideals, like Wade Barrett too.

Looking back, maybe I was wrong and he´s just a hot headed drug abuser with a bloated ego.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Harrier wrote:When AdR and Sin Cara had trouble backstage some years ago, I always thought that the original Sin Cara was just a whiny, lazy guy that provoked the hard working and proud AdR into something.
Then he quit WWE because someone made a racist comment about him and he decked the guy with his best MMA punch, and I thought that there finally is a guy that gives a shit about his paycheck and stands up for his ideals, like Wade Barrett too.

Looking back, maybe I was wrong and he´s just a hot headed drug abuser with a bloated ego.

It could be both. Just because he was in the right back then doesn't mean he can't become an asshole in the intervening time. And he and Paige at least seemed genuinely happy for a while there, at least before he left the WWE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery Dragon Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:53 pm

Yeah I say he was still in the right with that racist guy (And if I recall he was fired, rather then simply quitting) and its not like people are always bad or good.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:24 pm

This is the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

https://youtu.be/Wf7rlJs9xpM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery Dragon Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:29 pm

acuya wrote:This is the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

https://youtu.be/Wf7rlJs9xpM

Literally just saw that in my feed when I woke up.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 74 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 43 ... 74  Next