Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» (-PROMO-) Zebra Woman's New Vegetable (Feat. Maria Cacti)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:11 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 3:58 am

» Straight Tequila Night
by Yori Today at 12:13 am

» Isabella vs Adama: Siren and Fairy
by JoggingJokes Yesterday at 6:57 pm

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Deus001 Yesterday at 9:36 am

Who is online?
In total there are 239 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 237 Guests :: 2 Bots

anon4you, Deus001

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Avalanche location (continent)

+12
killcarrion
LtLukas
Lobo
Mystery Dragon
Old_Man_Tai
Cy_Man
kerflubble
Daaharu
IndigoDragon
hamish1024
acuyra
Kelsea
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Which continent should Avalanche 2016 take place

Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 8 ]
[ 2 ]
Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Vote_lcap34%Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 29

Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Empty Re: Avalanche location (continent)

Post by Alexandra Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:03 am

FYI, African has it's fair share of actual urban cities, so the idea that there's an arena somewhere in one of them isn't too far-fetched.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Empty Re: Avalanche location (continent)

Post by IndigoDragon Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:04 am

Virgin Islands
Jamaica
Madagascar
Sandwich islands

HOME SERIES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Home X, Home X2: Goodnight, but not Goodbye
(There is no Home 9)
IndigoDragon
IndigoDragon

https://www.deviantart.com/dorune

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelsea Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:08 am

killcarrion wrote:I kinda wish we had more specified choices. Africa is kind of a big place...

I plan to have a second vote once we have a desired continent sorted

Spotlight
characters:
Avalanche location (continent) - Page 3 ELZuoMvAvalanche location (continent) - Page 3 OG5hnuaAvalanche location (continent) - Page 3 Cg3CzYmAvalanche location (continent) - Page 3 398g342

Prepare your face for ThE BRaT PaCK
Kelsea
Kelsea
Site Admin

http://www.afwrpg.forumotion.com/t1368-kelsea-s-karacter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daaharu Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:17 am

I'm honestly not sure it's a good idea to go by continent and then by the specific location. One continent may have one really good option and abslutely nothing else, while another may have a wealth of pretty good options. In a vote between all the given options, I'd go for the first one, but if I'm worried about what happens if that one falls through on a continental vote, I'd probably go for the latter.

It seems to me like this thread shouldn't be the be-all, end-all and determine the only continent we're allowed to recommend hosts from. I think the result needs to be more of a suggestion, an indicator, rather than something final.

Contact me on Trillian (daaharu) if you want to chat or want me to reply faster.

Officially caught up to my AFW replies as of January 23, 2021.
Daaharu
Daaharu

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoDragon Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:18 am

The Moon

HOME SERIES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Home X, Home X2: Goodnight, but not Goodbye
(There is no Home 9)
IndigoDragon
IndigoDragon

https://www.deviantart.com/dorune

Back to top Go down

Post by Daaharu Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:41 am

It just occurred to me that there is a big problem with Australia: it's summer there right now. Or, at least, it's not wintertime, when one would actually be able to find a cold spot to hold Avalanche. It's pretty silly to hold an Avalanche in hundred-degree heat, so our options would probably be:

1) Find a place where the elevation is significant enough that it is still cold even during the Southern Hemisphere's summer months (somewhere in a mountain range).

2) Kick Daaharu for overthinking this and handwave the event to say that it takes place during the Australian winter.

If, of course, that's where we were to go. I still think that the ultimate decision should be made with open submissions from all continents, rather than narrowing it down to one.

Contact me on Trillian (daaharu) if you want to chat or want me to reply faster.

Officially caught up to my AFW replies as of January 23, 2021.
Daaharu
Daaharu

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:07 am

I think too much value is put on WHERE the event is held. The important thing about PPV's is the stories and matches on the card, not where the location is held, or what silly gimmicks are thrown in because of the setting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery Dragon Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:08 am

Daaharu wrote:
Lobo wrote:
Daaharu wrote:
Lobo wrote:Poor Canada will never shine with all this ironic voting

I'd definitely be onboard for Canada, too. On some level, I might prefer a more traditional Avalanche, since the idea of "balancing out Summer Splash" is silly, like I mentioned earlier. Razz But another unexpected location could be fun.

Your anarchy knows no bounds!

I'm a rebel who doesn't even play by his own rules!
I'm balancing nothing, I just think it would be funny to have an event called 'Avalanche' in a place where you would least expect Razz
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:30 am

Personally, I would LOVE using Canada.

I mean, we did the "exotic location with silly added on gimmicks" at SS, why not go with a more traditional wrestling environment for Avalanche, which is generally the more serious and wrestling oriented of the two PPV's anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:35 am

I'd actually like to endorse Canada as well. For all the reasons Tai suggests, and because it just seems like sacrilege that this hasn't happened already.

Last edited by killcarrion on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next