by Lobo Today at 3:16 pm

» Eliza Harenwood vs ???
by Lobo Today at 2:42 pm

» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 6:06 am

» All of blade/speranza wreslters
by Blade/speranza Today at 4:47 am

Who is online?
In total there are 113 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 113 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Topic: Wrestling?

+27
KillerV
LARIATO
mnpinner
freeko
Deus001
Teesta
ThunderFox
M.J.Caboose14
Mystery Dragon
Vcom7418
xalex
SleeperAgent94
kerflubble
Lobo
jakeb1993
TheEditor1023
Gadot
Serpon
rhapsody
TiefBlau
scorn53
Alexandra
acuyra
killcarrion
Old_Man_Tai
FlameofHope
Tatyina
31 posters

Page 87 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 93 ... 100  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 87 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:19 am

Also wanna point out, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything to Sleeper. He and I are cool, he is me buddy, and I was not trying to be a dick or yell at him.

He had a mistaken impression, and, due to watching for 22 years, and being a big fan, I had the appropriate knowledge to correct him on that impression.

Perhaps I went too far, and, for that, I apologize. I am VERY passionate about this, and, despite what everyone else likes to think, I am very knowledgeable about this.

Don't get me wrong, when it comes to opinions, (like my thought that Roman was the right guy to retire Taker) others are more then welcome to disagree with my opinions and debate them with me. I LOVE discussing and debating this stuff, and never get to do it in RL.

But when it comes to the actual like, match by match history of stuff, like this rey mysterio thing, the "who did what when, were they jobbing or not" facts only kind of stuff?

I know my shit on that. I know my shit well. But I only rant out of passion and love....and on one occassion, cocaine. But that had nothing to do with pro wrestling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:53 am

So saying that the appearance of the Undertaker was not that mystical in the last years anymore, his feuds were more or less his appearance on RAW where he confronted an opponent and not putting him aside of the all time GOATs but closely under them is taking a shot at him, then ok.
It has nothing to do with me disrespecting the man himself or his legacy, I just disliked the booking WWE gave him to milk the last rest out of the Undertaker. There are enough people agreeing with me that he should have retired after his streak was over, I do not see how this is disrespecting him or his legacy. Quite the contrary, it is the worry for this legacy fuelling my opinion.

I also think that people hating on Big Show, Kane, Mark Henry, Ric Flair, Sting, Hogan or Terry Funk for staying so long in the business return to being marks just for the Undertaker is a little bit strange. Sorry if that already offends you.

And to something more light, I hope anyone is ready for Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton in the main event.^^

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:15 am

It's less what your saying, and your timing.

Your comments, frankly, are fine. Your timing is just weird.

"Hey, now that the Undertaker is retired, and everyone is talking about how much they love and will miss him, and are probably not going to respond well to any criticism of him, I'm gonna start saying all this stuff about him that's probably going to get people to respond negatively to me."

Like, your entitled to your opinion, you are NOT wrong for that. You just had really bad timing, and you got some snap back for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 am

Sami and Rey have some similarities. Neither really fit the mold of a champ that Vince has, yet both are extremely over with the crowds. Both have experiences in indy/ rival promotions where they made their name big.

As a small add-on to this...

I like Sami Zayn. He's a great wrestler. One of the best on Smackdown, bar none...but I don't expect him to get a title anytime soon. And I don't think it's just what you described above - after all, that's pretty much the definition of AJ Styles, and he's in a very good place with the company.

I look at Sami kind of like Rocky Balboa. A great underdog character, a great hero when he's punching up. The crowd likes him, and even though he does lose when it comes to the big tests, the crowd still supports him and likes him. For some wrestlers, that would be a death knell, but I think there are special wrestlers who can stay popular despite losing all the time - like, for instance, Bray. Even though he's pretty much a jobber, people STILL like him quite a bit. People complain about him losing all the time, but it doesn't seem to really hurt his popularity that much.

I see Sami the same way, kind of. And I think giving him a belt might actually do more harm to him than good - him being an underdog is something they push with him a lot, and even his style of wrestling revolves around him selling a lot and making comebacks and fighting from the bottom. Like, Sami Zayn is the sort of character that would work better in a book, and you'd end the book after he won the title.

Anyway, it's late and I'm rambling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:30 am

That's actually a really good point.

Just to add on to that, I will say that there is honestly a legit difference in being CHASING a title and HOLDING the title, and while there are guys that can do both, (HHH, The Rock, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Edge, Cena, The fucking Miz, surprisingly enough,
) being good at one does not equal to being good at the other.

A PERFECT example of this is Dean Ambrose.

When Dean was CHASING the title, trying to get it from HHH or Seth The Rollins, he was pretty fucking AWESOME. He was cutting these great promos, full of passion, the crowd loved him. He was crazy, driven by rage, retribution, and yet, when against Rollins, you could sense some regret in his character, like there was part of him that just wished he could give or get a hug from Rollins, and put everything behind them, which is exactly what a lot of us wanted too.

In a way, for a brief period of time (mainly around his two world title shots against Rollins, when he was at his peak), he became like a modern day fusion of Dusty Rhodes and Steve Austin/CM Punk, fighting against a former brother turned betrayer, and representing the fans, not just the his own fanbase, but the nerds, the freaks, the losers, the exact kind of people that would be shunned by Rollins and The Authority, cast off as "undesirables" that they didn't really even want watching the show, except to give more cash to the company.

In short, chasing the belt, Dean was great.

Then he won the damn thing...and...wow. Just...wow.

Deans character had NO idea how to handle being champion, and finally getting everything he fought for and, while he could still do good matches, his character failed on many levels, and he often appeared uninterested in what he does doing, in his promos and such, and eventually, it bled into his ring work, culminating in that boring and utterly phoned in match with Dolph Ziggler at Summer Slam.

(Incidentally, Ziggler would be another example of this, except most of the time he fails at both)

Dean got a little better going into Backlash, but still seemed uncaring...until he lost the belt anyway. All of a sudden, once AJ Styles was champion, Ambrose started coming back FIRED THE FUCK UP. His focus and intensity came back, he was cutting good to great promos, including at one point out promoing John Cena, and even beating him in the process, and finally regaining at least some of his previous passion...at least till he won the IC title and started slacking again, leading to the rather...uninspired performance of his at Mania this year, to the point where Miz even commented on it.

Granted, we haven't seen Sami as champ yet, so juries still out just yet. But NXT offers some idea. His chase of the NXT Title is still the single best story NXT has ever told, and they'll probably never top it. The entire inner question of "Can I be a good man, or can I be NXT Champion" which lasted months, really drew fans in and really helped shine a light on Zayns character, as the inner turmoil left his frustrated time and time again.

Finally, at R-Evolution, Sami found his answer, and delivered it: He would be both. A Good Man, AND a Champion. It was incredible, story, match, and moment.

...BUT, then came the story with Owens. While Owens made it clear, he wanted the belt, NEEDED the belt, because he needed to feed his family, Zayns return promos had very little to do with the title belt. Granted, part of this is due to the story, since its natural that he'd focus on his friend betraying him, but its clear that even WWE felt Zayn was better as the chaser than the chased, as he dropped the belt on his very first Takeover defense.

This isn't meant as a knock on Zayn. Plenty of guys with great careers were only good at one or the other, and some famous guys (like Rey Mysterio, and probably everyone in Lucha Underground) are frankly not good at either chasing or being chased.

But, we'll see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:30 am

...Jesus, two of these in one day.

I'm a wordy bastard, aren't I? XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Son of a bitch...

Former WWE star Rosey, Brother of Roman Reigns, former member of 3 Minute Warning and former World Tag Team Champion with Hurricane in 2005, passed away on April 17th, 2017. It is not known yet what is the cause.

My condolence to his brother, Reigns, and the rest of his family. I've fond memories of Rosey, both during his run with the departed Jamal (better known perhaps, as Umaga), and during his run as the Super Hero in Training with Hurricane.

I recall going to a RAW live event when I was 15, in 2005, where I saw Rosey and Hurricane defend the belts against The Heart Throbs (...geez, talk about a forgotten tag team)

It was a fun match, Rosey got the hot tag, tossed em around a bit, hit a Samoan Drop and threw Hurricane from the top rope onto one Heart Throb for the pin.

After the match, Rosey brought in a couple kids from the front row, into the ring, and the two of them took pictures in the ring with the kids and the belts. Got a nice pop. Rosey was known backstage for being a legit nice guy, with a big heart, and probably the best thing about the Super Hero In Training gimmick was it allowed him to show it on camera.

He will be missed by many. R.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by scorn53 Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:56 pm

Again, just zero context or reasoning for the Undertaker hate. Alot of us are still reeling from it. Save it for later.

And again, not rather screw Smackdown, but screw Vince. There is honestly no defence for giving Jinder that #1 spot. He has zero fanbase, zero popularity. That roar at the end was not heel heat, but more 'how fucking stupid...' heat. No "He deserves it, he's been here 5+ years." With that logic, Big Show should have the Universal title, and Alicia Fox should be stomping through the women with a streak similar to Asuka's. Did anyone actually know his finisher before he just used it on Sami? (Besides that stiff-as-hell forearm he's just put Finn on the backstretch with).

It was literally just a screw-you-fans choice. Harper is finally shining and that shot could of given him another step. Hell even Ziggler deserved it after the feud-of-the-year with Miz, only to lose his IC title near instantly. Even Mojo kayfabe could of won it given his battle royale push. Jinder's last main-show singles win was in frigging September against Swagger. This is the equivalent of that local jobber KO killed instead pinning KO clean.

Although I'll give them credit, Randy is gonna get a hell of a cheer when he kills him at Backlash.

But alas, disagreeing with one opinion = salty.

scorn53

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Tbh, I didn't even realize Jinder HAD a finisher. And I'm still mad about his little accident when facing Balor.

Plz be nice when responding, I'm not being salty

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vcom7418 Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:46 pm

scorn53 wrote: There is honestly no defence for giving Jinder that #1 spot. He has zero fanbase, zero popularity.

Meltzer is reporting that Mahal's No 1 contendership is due to WWE planning to go for the Indian market. So that's not fully, factually correct. Otherwise, I agree. They just threw any sense of progression and went full Russo on this.

GASTER (Friction)
Alice Gaster (Tension)
S.A.S. (Tag Team)
Chika Igarashi (Friction)
Vera Sapphire (Tension)

Open to PMs at any time. Also, all the time on Discord: Vcom7418#0756

Despite the primary show mentioned in the brackets, my gals are all open for matches on both brands (though I would like them to be more on their primary show Razz)
Vcom7418
Vcom7418

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 87 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 93 ... 100  Next