Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Squishing a Jobber: A No DQ, Handicap, I Quit Match! Isabella & Jaqueline VS Squishy! (For Deus)
by Deus001 Today at 12:00 am

» The Stray Cat brought home
by Tarantulust Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Trials of a Hero
by Jaystar Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» Gauntlet by the Pool: KO Party! - Pool Party (D) vs Raelyn Quinn [Specialty Match]
by Jaystar Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ARStudios2000 Yesterday at 9:46 am

Who is online?
In total there are 139 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 138 Guests :: 2 Bots

Mart-Kos

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Topic: Wrestling?

+27
KillerV
LARIATO
mnpinner
freeko
Deus001
Teesta
ThunderFox
M.J.Caboose14
Mystery Dragon
Vcom7418
xalex
SleeperAgent94
kerflubble
Lobo
jakeb1993
TheEditor1023
Gadot
Serpon
rhapsody
TiefBlau
scorn53
Alexandra
acuyra
killcarrion
Old_Man_Tai
FlameofHope
Tatyina
31 posters

Page 86 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 93 ... 100  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 86 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Mystery Dragon Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:48 am

Alright calm down dude, I'm shocked not pissed off.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:54 am

I am calm. Just think people are over reacting and being salty.

This is probably just a one month throw away thing to reward jinder for seven years of service, and save a bigger title match for ppvs closer to Summer Slam.

Rather than be all "fuck smackdown" about it, why not just enjoy that a long term worker is getting a rare chance to shine for once, instead of getting pissed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery Dragon Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:57 am

Hey remember when one guy spoke for all of us? Oh he doesn't? Well clearly he does cause one guy said Fuck smack down while the rest was surprise and suddenly were all being salty.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:06 am

I am well within my right to write a response based off one specific reaction.

Besides, do you ever read this thread? The wrestling thread is salty as fuck on a near constant basis. It was getting salty as recent as this morning This year alone, the only thing weve all been able to agree on is that braun strowman smashing things is the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by SleeperAgent94 Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:10 am

Braun SMASHING ROMAN MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....sorry.

On a side note. I was thinking that the treatment of Sami seems very familiar to how Vince treated Rey Mysterio back in the early 2000's. Sami and Rey have some similarities. Neither really fit the mold of a champ that Vince has, yet both are extremely over with the crowds. Both have experiences in indy/ rival promotions where they made their name big.

I'm interested to see if this is history repeating itself and Vince is jobbing out Sami like he had rey booked a decade back.

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 86 WC85WE4
SleeperAgent94
SleeperAgent94

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery Dragon Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:12 am

And I'm well within my right to call yo out for saying y'all when its one person and implying were all doing it.

I do but don't see how that addresses the point I made, for one people disagree with things and it wouldn't be much of a discussion if it was everybody nodding there heads and agreeing on everything, we would need one person for that. 2. the word salty is thrown out so much I pretty much laugh at the use since it literally means "Oh you didn't like this? You salty"
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 am

SleeperAgent94 wrote:Braun SMASHING ROMAN MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....sorry.

On a side note. I was thinking that the treatment of Sami seems very familiar to how Vince treated Rey Mysterio back in the early 2000's. Sami and Rey have some similarities. Neither really fit the mold of a champ that Vince has, yet both are extremely over with the crowds. Both have experiences in indy/ rival promotions where they made their name big.

I'm interested to see if this is history repeating itself and Vince is jobbing out Sami like he had rey booked a decade back.

Did...did we watch an entirely different Ruthless Aggression era, or did you just not watch and learn about that time through IWC chat rooms?

This idea keeps being floated around that Rey was just a total jobber back in his early WWE times and frankly, it's bullshit. Early on, Rey was treated like a solid upper mid-card, lower main eventer on Smackdown. Within a few weeks, he got a one on one win over Kurt Angle, and, as part of the Smackdown Six (along with Angle, Benoit, Edge, Eddie, and Chavo), would often main event Smackdowns within just a few months of his debut.

His first PPV had him face Kurt Angle in the opening match at Summerslam, his second PPV appearance had him and Edge face Angle and Benoit in the finals of the smackdown tag title tournament in a match of the year contending match. Him and Edge even won those belts in the main event of Smackdown in a 2/3 falls match just a few weeks later, maybe 4 months after his debut.

In 2003, his second year in WWE, he was in the opening match at Wrestlemania 19, won the crusierweight title twice, and his first run lasted several months, and he was showcased in several great matches, not only for the cruiserweight title, but teaming with Billy Kidman to face the WGTT for the tag belts, had involvement in big stories involving the WWE Title with Brock Lesnar and Big Show, compete in a wwe title contender tournament that nearly saw him defeat Undertaker, and even fought Brock Lesnar for the WWE title at one point.

2004 to 2005 saw Mysterio continue to consistently float around the main event scene, compete for the US title, win the crusierweight titles a couple more times, then win the tag titles twice, once with RVD, and once with Eddie Guerrero, which led to a fued between them that was basically the number 2 fued on smackdown, behind only the world title feud.

Post eddie's death saw Rey pushed as a main eventer, win the tag titles once more with Batista, win the royal rumble, and win the world title at wrestlemania and hold it for 4 months, beating guys like Kurt Angle and JBL before losing it.

Then he had his feud with Chavo that saw big matches on PPV and main events on Smackdown, including two I Quit matches. From 2007 until he left in early 2014, the company did pull back on his main event status, mainly because of two wellness violations over that time period, as well as him having to take substantial time off over various injuries (including two times where he was gone for nearly a year each), but he still had various world title shots, on Smackdown/Raw and PPV, usually one to two a year, every year, until about 2012, won the IC Title twice, and won the World Title a second time for a brief period, and was consistently winning feuds and generally an upper midcarder.

You know where this bullshit about "Oh Rey was a jobber!" comes from? Its because of two things, in 2006, during his world title reign, he lost TWO non title matches during his feud with JBL. One against Mark Henry, (whom he defeated later in a world title match) and one to Great Khali (this is right after Khali debuted and was beating everybody, including the fucking Undertaker in his debut), so there is that, and the night in 2011, where he won the WWE title, only to be forced to defend and lose it to John Cena the very same night...which was admittedly stupid, and because WWE rushed a champion vs champion match with Punk and Cena because they had nothing else to offer, even though Rey vs Cena would have been fine.

So because of 3 fucking matches, Rey gets portrayed as if he was a pathetic jobber his entire 13 years with WWE.

Well, No, YOU'RE wrong! (YAY! MY CATCHPHRASE!), because, as I just pointed out, it was goddamned different.

Yes, I'm aware I'm ranting, and I'm sorry, but I'm really sick of seeing this accusation get tossed around all the time, not just here, but all over, like Rey was just some other poor star that deserved better than getting screwed by that mean WWE. Rey was given star treatment from the get go, and it took ten years, multiple surgeries, two wellness policy violations, and an influx of new talent before he finally started losing his shine and being made to lose more often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:48 am

Mystery Dragon wrote:And I'm well within my right to call yo out for saying y'all when its one person and implying were all doing it.

I do but don't see how that addresses the point I made, for one people disagree with things and it wouldn't be much of a discussion if it was everybody nodding there heads and agreeing on everything, we would need one person for that. 2. the word salty is thrown out so much I pretty much laugh at the use since it literally means "Oh you didn't like this? You salty"

And as for you, stop expecting me to follow logic. You know damn well using logic ruins my gimmick, brother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery Dragon Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 am

Old_Man_Tai wrote:
Mystery Dragon wrote:And I'm well within my right to call yo out for saying y'all when its one person and implying were all doing it.

And as for you, stop expecting me to follow logic. You know damn well using logic ruins my gimmick, brother.

Never, Logic is my Gimmick.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:08 am

...your game is deep...I can respect that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 86 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 93 ... 100  Next