Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» (-PROMO-) Zebra Woman's New Vegetable (Feat. Maria Cacti)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:11 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 3:58 am

» Straight Tequila Night
by Yori Today at 12:13 am

» Isabella vs Adama: Siren and Fairy
by JoggingJokes Yesterday at 6:57 pm

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Deus001 Yesterday at 9:36 am

Who is online?
In total there are 97 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 97 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof

+7
kerflubble
Old_Man_Tai
M.J.Caboose14
BritBrat
Teenwrestler
Harrier
Panda
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof - Page 3 Empty Re: About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof

Post by Berial Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:43 pm

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof - Page 3 1DA26D6CA688696920A887C0A768E6BCC95E5534

Back to top Go down

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof - Page 3 Empty Re: About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof

Post by kerflubble Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:48 pm

How long have you been waiting for a chance to use that gif?

Tina Armstrong (Face) Blue-Eyed Superstar
Yelena Turova (Face) Crushing Powerhouse
Pantha (Face) Pride of the Jungle
Anna Silver (Face) Ardent Angel
The Green Empire The Empress & Imperial Guard.
Mara Jingfei (Face) Amethyst Dancer
kerflubble
kerflubble

Back to top Go down

Post by BritBrat Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:52 pm

Berial wrote:About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof - Page 3 1DA26D6CA688696920A887C0A768E6BCC95E5534

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof - Page 3 Weve-only-just-begun

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Berial Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:59 pm

kerflubble wrote:How long have you been waiting for a chance to use that gif?

Enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:33 pm

The tone of roleplay is almost always going to be dictated by the people participating. Difference in styles of what people look for within their roleplay being one of the chief factors involved in that. I don't feel as though one brand accomplishes is more than another because the limitations of gender don't really play a part in what makes for a heavy plot.

I consider myself someone who dives pretty hard into some more serious aspects of characters. I enjoy semi grounded roleplay experiences that address mental and physical issues and overall emotions of situations. I get that sort of thing isn't for everyone, so I don't push it in my roleplay unless the other person is looking for that.

I treat tension and friction as pretty much the same beast. They are the groundwork for where my characters exist and nothing more. Unless a wrestler is built to be stronger or weaker, I don't really address the inherent differences between men and women because they don't really matter to me in a world where wrestling is a real competitive sport.

Tension is the little brother of AFW that most people don't want to deal with. It gets notably less traffic, support, and overall representation than Friction… but that is dictated by the tastes of people who play here. When friction is roughly 3/4th more active and larger in scope, it will undoubtedly pull from a far larger spectrum of people and tastes so these things become more apparent.

If you don't like that sort of stuff, that's fine. You don't have to participate in it. If you find yourself approached about it or inadvertently mixer up with it, communicate with whoever you are roleplaying with to either cut it off or give yourself an out. The beauty of playing on a consent based forum is you don't have to participate in things you don't have interest in or agree with.

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:01 am

Old_Man_Tai wrote:
kerflubble wrote:I'm still here, technically.

True! So are Killcarrion and Highfly who took part in said story

Awful times.

*puts head back on desk and falls asleep*

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:03 am

*Starts poking Killcarrion as he sleeps*

You will get goose lots of cooooookies~

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:18 am

M.J.Caboose14 wrote:*Starts poking Killcarrion as he sleeps*

You will get goose lots of cooooookies~

Why is he feeding geese?

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:24 am

...I meant boose...Sowy

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:34 am

Old_Man_Tai wrote:
...What even are these words. The best storylines in AFW in your opinion are squash matches? What even is that second paragraph? How can there be a "members only" mentality when everyone on this site is a member? You're words are confusing and upsetting.

I deeply cared about AFW and I still do care today. But it won´t take my perception of the past away from me, sorry if that bothers or upsets you. I loved the atmosphere of Friction(minus the harshness to new members). I would not have joined if that would not have been the case.

We also had a really long thread about said mentality which you will probably remember too.

I also did not say best, I said most memorable. I read a lot of stuff on this site and it was friction that caught my attention most of the time. Even most Tension people said that Tension was nearly inactive for a long time and even title feuds just fizzled out.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next