by Blue_Snakie Today at 6:12 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Kairi Kamiya vs. Elizabeth "Riza" Hawkeye
by Old_Man_Tai Today at 6:11 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - John Carnaby vs Cami Brumwell
by Old_Man_Tai Today at 5:57 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Yori Today at 4:56 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 230 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 228 Guests :: 2 Bots

bomaboody, CrashTestDumbass

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:00 pm by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof

+7
kerflubble
Old_Man_Tai
M.J.Caboose14
BritBrat
Teenwrestler
Harrier
Panda
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof - Page 2 Empty Re: About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:14 pm

kerflubble wrote:I'm still here, technically.

True! So are Killcarrion and Highfly who took part in said story

Good times.

I mean...kinda anyway.

Point is: You can have pretty much any kind of story you want here, it just depends on what you and your partner/s are looking to do.

Back to top Go down

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof - Page 2 Empty Re: About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:18 pm

kerflubble wrote:I'm still here, technically.

Who said you weren't? o.o

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by BritBrat Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:21 pm

Old_Man_Tai wrote:

Fun fact: Friction came THIS CLOSE to having a (non-competing) male GM recently, with thoughts being given to potential story purposes.

Isn't this same thing happening in LAW?

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:25 pm

BritBrat wrote:
Old_Man_Tai wrote:

Fun fact: Friction came THIS CLOSE to having a (non-competing) male GM recently, with thoughts being given to potential story purposes.

Isn't this same thing happening somewhere else we don't see the need to give free advertisement too?

Beats me. I'm not a member.

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:26 pm

BritBrat wrote:
Old_Man_Tai wrote:

Isn't this same thing happening in LAW?

Nah they have the same issue with people bitching about men too. Although the owner has always been a man.

Here's my rule about rping...if you don't like something, don't do it. However this rule does not apply when you don't like something others are doing and try to stop it. Screw people like that. If if doesn't affect you get over it.

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Berial Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:28 pm

I've pondered this myself and I think the tone difference between the two is something that's grown organically.

I would agree that there is a tone difference. On paper, there's nothing separating the two except "Female vs. Female" for one, and "Male vs. Female" for the other. I think it's the inherent nature of male-against-female combat naturally makes the latter harsher in tone. For instance, one-sided beatdowns happen all the time in Friction, but are easier enjoyed and lighter in tone when its two women, or at least two of the same gender, doing it to one another. If it were a male doing it to a female, however, the tone shifts in a noticeable way.

The presence of mixed combat and how its played out over the years has arguably shaped Tension into the tougher, harder, "darker" one between the two. On a general basis, seeing a man beat a woman doesn't inspire a sense of amusement or any other qualities that might be taken as light-hearted, more so in unsactioned fights closer to MMA than in sports like Judo where a skill gap helps balance things out. While you can get away with it easier in pro-wrestling, AFW is a special case in which everything that occurs in the ring is taken as real.

Friction is more influenced by the presence of Kawaii competitors and such. Knowing that your female wrestlers are knowingly entering an arena where they're expected to fight men is a subtle influence, but can naturally predispose one toward making a rougher female than the softer ones you find in Friction. On average. Obviously it's not the case for a fair amount of the roster.

In terms of storyline specifically, From my perspective, I'd argue that Friction has darker storylines and subplots than Tension, at least in tone. In addition to the ones Tai mentioned, some of Abattoir's early threads, especially in relation to WAR, had some fairly heavy content. The dark plots feel more driven by backstage conniving and underhanded collaboration, whereas Tension "darker" stuff seems largely supplemented by the aforementioned gender difference.

At the end of it, whether a plot is heavier or darker I feel is all based in a matter of character and can essentially occur anywhere so long as it makes sense. There's no real difference between the two aside from who fights who.

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:33 pm

See? This is why berial's the smartest

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:36 pm

Yeah, Berial pretty much hit the hammer right on the head.

Cookie goes to Berial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Hm, yeah that seems like a fair way to sum it all up.

As a side note, I now realize the folly of not taking this off my watch list and just keeping the window open and refreshing it occasionally. Namely my notifications feed blowing up with like 11 notifications.

Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:41 pm

Yeah, never bother with watch list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next