Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» (-PROMO-) Zebra Woman's New Vegetable (Feat. Maria Cacti)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:11 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 3:58 am

» Straight Tequila Night
by Yori Today at 12:13 am

» Isabella vs Adama: Siren and Fairy
by JoggingJokes Yesterday at 6:57 pm

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Deus001 Yesterday at 9:36 am

Who is online?
In total there are 118 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 118 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Poll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches.

+13
Harrier
Diesel_Electric_Razor
Ringropes98
Serpon
Tarantulust
LARIATO
killcarrion
LunarWolf
Yori
Jstruggs716
Jaystar
SimplyMoon
Old_Man_Tai
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How should Friction and Tension rules/referees handle hentai in non-hentai bouts?

Poll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 Vote_lcap76%Poll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 25 ]
Poll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Poll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 33

Poll closed

Poll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 Empty Re: Poll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches.

Post by Jstruggs716 Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 pm

Yori wrote:My Stance is this:

There is nothing to be gained by making hentai an "always legal" tactic that benefits the in universe aspects of AFW as a whole. It presents issues with justification for characters who do not partake in hentai stuff, be it due to player discretion or in character reasoning. You also run into issues with meta justifications. Such as why someone known to use hentai tactics suddenly doesn't use them in a match because the players have decided not to involve hentai stuff. Well what is the in character reasoning for that now? Is there any? While I have plenty of characters who actively take part in things that include lewd roleplay, I do have several characters who I in no way want to be involved with that side of AFW and its inclusion being made the norm really puts into question why they even are in AFW as a league.

Ever since I first joined I have always treated it as an illegal maneuver within standard matches akin to things like illegal chokes, hair pulling, low blows, etc. This adds weight when it is used outside of its normal setting, and gives it a certain sense of danger for both wrestlers involved. It being made legal, to me, takes away from a toolkit of subtle or seductive characters that try to sneak these things in on a character that wouldn't be expecting it just like any other form of cheating. It is incredibly easy for someone to include hentai in a match with a small note denoting its use is legal in a particular match or the match itself is a no holds barred rule set. I know this, because its exactly what I have always done myself and have faced a total of zero negative feedback with my roleplay partners.

In a broad summary, making everything okay and legal in universe is boring and cuts off interesting roleplay potential. This applies to more than just hentai, mind you, but I am trying to keep on topic.

It might be boring to you. But I personal find it much more interesting.

Jstruggs716

Back to top Go down

Poll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 Empty Re: Poll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches.

Post by Yori Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:29 am

What exactly do you feel is more interesting about making hentai the standard for everything rather than making it its own side stipulation?

By normalizing it, you remove it's ability to be used in interesting ways to build intrigue outside of the rules. There is a reason the more wild and outlandish match types exit and have appeal. If every single match had those things in it, they would fast lose what makes them special.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jstruggs716 Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:04 am

Because brings more unique scenarios or situation when using hentai tactics in standard match. Like for example, someone gets caught in a submission hold by their opponent and couldn't get out using force or wiggling. So then they started using some hentai tactics to escape like rubbing their opponent crotch.

And it didn't really make matches least specials as for a hentai matches you want win by making your opponent cum no matter what. But for the standard match you got still to win by pinfall, submission, KO, count out, or disqualification. Using hentai tactics doesn't mean someone have to cum. Like my example, it was just using hentai tactic break free from a hold or use it as a distraction.

I don't see the problem in normalizing it.

Jstruggs716

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:34 am

Making hentai just another move doesn't make it unique. Normalizing something, by its nature, makes it less unique as it becomes the new standard. These is nothing to stop a character from doing what you gave as an example and having it still be an illegal move.

I can think offhandedly of a plethora of more interesting plot hooks, engaging spots, and interesting angles to come from it being left as an illegal tactic when used in standard matches instead of it just becoming a homogenized mass.

You can just as easily have a match that allows hentai without changing the rules to inconvenience already existing characters and worldbuilding for no real benefit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:41 am

I can see some issues... It's extremely limiting in all the ways Yori has already pointed out.

I mean as a spider that tends to write heels, any Heel/Villain whose persona lends itself to Sensuality or seduction would be kinda neutered if hentai was allowed (Ironically). Their use of seduction or perverted tactics helps paint them as villains because their opponent is not comfortable with those things. It invades their personal space and crosses the professional boundary. Letting it be okay takes that away from them, or at least that unique quirk about the character.

I disagree with the idea it brings unique scenarios to a standard match. Jstruggs example could easily happen in a hentai match, if you were so inclined. If it remained an illegal move, then it could help establish a clear antagonist in a fight, or reveal a much cruller personality. I think you can be flirtatious in a standard match, but there is a reason why its mostly Heels that do so. Some characters are not comfortable with it or the idea of being involved in such matches.

I dunno...those are just the unfiltered thoughts of a semi-mad scientist.

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Jstruggs716 Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:01 am

Yori wrote:Making hentai just another move doesn't make it unique. Normalizing something, by its nature, makes it less unique as it becomes the new standard. These is nothing to stop a character from doing what you gave as an example and having it still be an illegal move.

I can think offhandedly of a plethora of more interesting plot hooks, engaging spots, and interesting angles to come from it being left as an illegal tactic when used in standard matches instead of it just becoming a homogenized mass.

You can just as easily have a match that allows hentai without changing the rules to inconvenience already existing characters and worldbuilding for no real benefit.

But to me much more interesting hentai moves were legal than illegal move. And also don't see how it would inconvenience already characters and worldbuilding.

No real benefit in making hentai move illegal in standard matches neither.

Jstruggs716

Back to top Go down

Post by Jstruggs716 Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:19 am

Tarantulust wrote:I can see some issues... It's extremely limiting in all the ways Yori has already pointed out.

I mean as a spider that tends to write heels, any Heel/Villain whose persona lends itself to Sensuality or seduction would be kinda neutered if hentai was allowed (Ironically). Their use of seduction or perverted tactics helps paint them as villains because their opponent is not comfortable with those things. It invades their personal space and crosses the professional boundary. Letting it be okay takes that away from them, or at least that unique quirk about the character.

I disagree with the idea it brings unique scenarios to a standard match. Jstruggs example could easily happen in a hentai match, if you were so inclined. If it remained an illegal move, then it could help establish a clear antagonist in a fight, or reveal a much cruller personality. I think you can be flirtatious in a standard match, but there is a reason why its mostly Heels that do so. Some characters are not comfortable with it or the idea of being involved in such matches.

I dunno...those are just the unfiltered thoughts of a semi-mad scientist.

Not really does it tho as a face could easily do the same thing and still be considered a face without having cruel personality.

Jstruggs716

Back to top Go down

Post by Serpon Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:22 am

LunarWolf wrote:A while back we had a thing called a Semi-hentai match. Which was just a normal match with hentai stuff allowed iirc?

So I don't see a problem with making it illegal. If people want a match where that should be okay in the match they can just do that, label it as a Semi-Hentai match. or Hentai-Allowed. As long as it doesn't impose anything...for people rping and doing whatever they want.

I feel this is the best solution for people.

In all honesty, if someone used hentai attack without discussing it with me prior, I would be very agitated.

Poll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 3l9yoRWPoll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 AjbwxKgPoll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 DUhLLRtPoll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 CDNLQYlPoll regarding Kayfabe rules of hentai in non-hentai matches. - Page 2 CbtFHPg
AFW Discord Room Chat
Serpon
Serpon

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:32 am

Jstruggs716 wrote:
But to me much more interesting hentai moves were legal than illegal move. And also don't see how it would inconvenience already characters and world building.
No real benefit in making hentai move illegal in standard matches neither.
Jstruggs716 wrote:Not really does it tho as a face could easily do the same thing and still be considered a face without having cruel personality.

Then you should simply do matches that allow for hentai moves and not be bothered by it. As mentioned above, not just by me, some people on this forum actual have characters that have no interest in hentai and are not involved in hentai related matches. Strictly from an in character perspective, they would have no reason to have even joined AFW with a hanging threat of being molested in the ring when they act as a professional wrestler.

We have also provided you with a few general examples and in Lust's case a more direct example on the benefits of them also being illegal for standard matches, being used a a tool for plot hooks, heel tactics and so on.

If you can't see how this is a negative proposal in the cases we have listed, I don't really think you are reading or understanding the points being presented. There is more to having an opposing stance than basically sitting back and being dismissive without any solid examples to promote your point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringropes98 Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:58 am

I have to agree with Yori and Tarantula about the matter. A lot of my own characters are great fighters but uncomfortable to hentai. It makes sense that if they’re fighting a heel and getting the upper hand but the heel uses an embarrassing or lewd attack out of the referees view to get them off balance just seems like a great plot point to me. If you want a full blown hentai match then you make it a hentai match not a standard match with hentai sprinkled in, that’s just a hentai match with extra steps.

After all, we all plan these matches either in discord or in messages before we actually start them. Most of us like seeing how they go before a winner is decided, or a winner is decided before the match even starts but what doesn’t change is that the match type is always decided by both parties. I don’t want to start a match that we planned to be a standard submission match only for the other to change it to a hentai endurance match midway through, that’s a way to start fights and we don’t want any of those.
Ringropes98
Ringropes98

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next