Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» SRW: Journey to the Lizard Folk Fighters!
by Old_Man_Tai Yesterday at 11:47 pm

» Reforging the Heart (For Yori)
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» Senji Takijima - Stains of Time - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Yesterday at 5:43 am

Who is online?
In total there are 196 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 195 Guests :: 2 Bots

Diesel_Electric_Razor

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

The Purple Wedding

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Purple Wedding Empty The Purple Wedding

Post by LARIATO Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:48 am

Minerva:

Though she was half-Chinese, Minerva spent most of her early years in Denmark, and was otherwise predominantly residing in Europe before her career eventually brought her to Japan. But her Chinese mother had instilled in her a familiarity with the culture of her homeland, from the language to the food, that had never left her. It may well have been because of this that Beijing House, commonly referred to by those who frequented it simply as “The House,” was Minerva’s favorite restaurant in Japan. Everything about the place was the genuine article, from the cooking style to the cooks in the kitchen.

Much of Minerva’s time since returning to this country had been focused around anger and vengeance. But tonight, she had decided to treat herself. Striding through the door, she didn’t even glance at the hostess as she said, “Reservation for Larsen.” The woman found her name in a book resting on a podium in front of her, and Minerva was then being led through the restaurant. There was a stark contrast between her and the customers she walked by, most of them dressed in plain, casual clothes while Minerva wore an elegant Chinese dress of black and gold. But that was just down here. On the ground floor, working class men and women ate casually with their families. For many of them, getting to eat here was a big deal, probably reserved only for special occasions, largely because of the high prices. But on the second floor, where Minerva was being led, she found herself among a crowd where she fit in much better. This floor was for the business executives, athletes, people with higher profiles and thicker wallets.

She didn’t care too much for the noisy crowd tonight, but the soothing erhu music playing through the restaurant made for a fine distraction. When Minerva was seated she ordered some tea for herself, then crossed a leg over the other and got comfortable in her seat while browsing through the menu, trying to decide which taste of “home” she would be sampling tonight...

Back to top Go down

The Purple Wedding Empty Re: The Purple Wedding

Post by BritBrat Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:29 pm

????:

[“Oh! Hi! Um, excuse me?”]

A voice called out towards Minerva, as well as a finger tapping on the menu list. Although Japan’s primary language is Japanese and some English, it still does bring many others from different cultures. Tokyo itself has been a hub for tourists who are new to the country and yet find like-minded and similar people. It wasn’t just western countries but even eastern too. The Beijing House is the best Chinese restaurant in Japan, so it isn’t surprising to see those from many different walks of life from other prefectures. Ones that have to be separated by two different floors.

Being on the second floor would be an absolute crime if you didn’t know the language. While some speak the common tongue, you can hear many speaking in Mandarin, Cantonese, Wu, Minbei and even other lesser-known tongues. The woman that approached Minerva would abide by such unwritten rules. She didn’t have to, considering the person she is speaking to, but it’s sufficient to get her attention.

[“So sorry to disturb you. Just that I saw you on television and just had to meet you. I’m also apparently sitting at the same table, which might have been a mix-up…”] She waved the reservation paper for a few seconds with one hand before stuffing it in her trouser pocket. [“…but I doubt they make mistakes around here. However, fortune has blessed me, I get to meet my favourite wrestler!”] The woman standing before Minerva looked like she came from the catwalk, quite convenient that there was a show going on before. [“Mind if I sit? Don’t worry, this fan doesn’t stalk; it’s merely fate.”]

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:39 am

The thought of being disturbed by a stranger here seemed so unlikely that Minerva initially dismissed any possibility that the voice calling out could have been directed at her. The truth of the matter only became apparent after the woman came to stand at her table, at which point Minerva finally turned her eyes up to the source of the voice. She didn’t recognize the woman, though her words and story suggested they did not know each other. Or rather, Minerva knew nothing of this woman, but the woman clearly knew about her.

Minerva had a sharp, tactical mind, and something about this situation put her thoughts at an uneasy defensive. Everything that had to work together to put this stranger who just so happened to be a “fan” of hers at the same table, it was all just a little too convenient. A voice in the back of her mind screamed “Trojan Horse!”

...But she did say she was a fan of Minerva’s.

The size of Minerva’s ego couldn’t be overstated, and the woman had been wise not just to appeal to it, but to do so the way she had. For one, it demonstrated that she at least had taste. And she wasn’t some inconsiderate fan trying to rudely impose themselves for a quick selfie. She was here because the restaurant seemed to have accidentally double-booked them for the same table, which wasn’t as infrequent a mistake as one might assume of a place like this. The second level seating was much more limited than the ground floor. Oftentimes things like this happened not so much by accident, but as a means to serve more customers at once. As oddly convenient as the woman’s story was, it was all just plausible enough that Minerva couldn’t disprove any of it. Besides, her story granted Minerva no small amount of face. It wouldn’t do to simply throw that away.

[It is my blessing to be gifted with such flattering company,] she replied with courteous modesty, more to appease those around who might be listening or observing. Minerva certainly didn’t want to eat her meal tonight while listening to people at the surrounding tables whisper criticisms about her manners. [Please, sit.] She gestured toward the empty seat across from her while she spoke, inviting the woman to join her. The more she looked at this guest of hers, Minerva began to feel a vague sense of familiarity with her, but was having trouble figuring out why.

Back to top Go down

Post by BritBrat Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:10 pm

[“Brilliant!”]

The woman beamed, the one visible eye closed with her lips curling into a pleasing, disarming smile. Before Minerva gave her blessing, she seemed tense, though that could be chalked up because she didn’t know what Minerva would say. It seemed like a long shot, and she heard stories from other restaurant patrons of how the Dane could be outside of the squared circle. And Minerva was well within her rights to not allow anyone to sit with her. Having some random person coming towards you, someone you don’t know would be alarming.

But perhaps the fact that she, respectfully, outed herself as a fan of Minerva brought the Dane to accepting such a request. Say what you will about the fans, but they can be known to cross the line one too many times, even in public. Coming off as respectable will go a long way, especially for one who likes their ego stroked.

That and perhaps Minerva didn’t want to be enjoying her meal whilst being judged by those around her. Hard to blame her for that. Then again, a lion doesn’t care about the opinions of sheep.

[“Oh, and it’s Chae-Min, by the way. Can’t forget to announce myself.”] She said as the woman pulled a chair, letting her coat hanging from the backrest. [“But thank you. Was worried I’d have to sit downstairs tonight. The show was way too hectic, and I just needed to enjoy a nice meal. Turns out that things got even better for me.”] The woman shrugged. ["Don't have any matches tonight?"]

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:57 am

The opinions of sheep could not have mattered less to this particular lion, though that didn't mean she wanted to have to hear them whispered just audibly enough all around her while she ate. The most important thing to her was that she enjoyed herself tonight.

[Minerva Larsen,] she said after the woman introduced herself, doing the same for the sake of polite formality, though it had already been made clear Chae-Min knew who she was.

[No, no match tonight. But that's fine with me. It's been...I suppose a month or so now since I've last come here for a meal, so I'm glad for the excuse,] Minerva answered. Just then, the waitress returned with the tea Minerva had requested a few minutes ago. After a cup was served to her, she looked to Chae-Min.

[Would you like some too?] she offered, and the waitress waited for her response. Minerva waited for her decision and for the waitress to leave after before speaking again.

[Tell me about the show here tonight. You said it was hectic, yes?]

Back to top Go down

Post by BritBrat Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:43 pm

[“I rarely see your last name getting used often. Not that I do mind calling you just Minerva, just interesting.”] The woman took her coat off and hung it on the chair before joining the woman with her. Meeting a wrestler in the arena was one thing. However, meeting one in the restaurant of all places was extraordinary, an honour anyone would be gracious to have. Of course, it’s not an idea that AFW has capitalized, considering the risks that came along with it.

Minerva took it with stride, being gracious enough about her impromptu guest. Though that could only be because of the amount of backtalk she’d get if she didn’t—peer pressure at its finest. [“Oh, I can agree. Sometimes you just need to take a break from it all and enjoy some nice food.”]

The waitress came back with the tea, and Minerva would offer Chae-Min some also. [“I’d be glad to, thank you so much.”] She gave a lovely smile as she bowed to both women. [“Chamomile tea will do for me, thank you.”] Once the waitress left, Minerva turned her gaze at the model. [“Oh yes! Boy, where do I start? One of the models’ flight got stuck in Singapore, so I was brought in to be fitted for the main stage. Luckily we were both the same build, so I was able to fit in nicely. I couldn’t believe it; I was finally going to get my big break. But the others…well, they weren’t so happy with me big leaguing them. And they certainly made it very clear to me…”] Chae-Min sighed as she leaned back on her chair. [“If only I had you around…although you might disagree with being my personal bodyguard.”] She gave a chuckle before giving a solemn look. [“If only I listened to my mother and kept up the training.”]

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:05 pm

[“‘Minerva’ is the Roman goddess of war, among other things,”] she said, then continued after a dismissive wave of a hand. [“I don’t pretend to be an expert on mythology, but that’s why I tend to use my first name on its own as my stage name. It feels…appropriate.”]

Sipping from her tea, she listened to her unexpected companion’s story regarding the complications of another model who had been unable to attend tonight. Once again, Minerva felt some indecipherable, vague sense of warning within her. A vague voice somewhere in her mind urged her to distance herself from this woman, and a sinking feeling in her gut told her there was something to it. The chain of happenstance and coincidences was simply too long. Something was off…but what? Nothing about this woman’s words or actions had suggested any kind of threat. Parts of the story sounded unlikely on paper, but none of it was impossible.

Allowing herself a chuckle of her own at the notion of her being the woman’s bodyguard, Minerva chose to explore what she had said right after that. [“What sort of training are you referring to?”]

Back to top Go down

Post by BritBrat Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:57 pm

[“ A lovely strong name. Fitting too, if you ask me. I know my parents say that names have meanings, but I can’t say that I know of any goddess names like mine. Probably why I am not in the position like you are.”] She looks solemn, appearing genuine. So many tend to go along in life without knowing what they are named by. That their names give purpose and direction, this woman would have fit among the many like that.

[“Oh, not sure if you know it, but my mother did Baguaz-something…Bagu…it’s Kung-Fu. Sorry I can never remember the name. Then again, I wasn’t interested in this sort of thing back then, so that’s my fault.”] The woman shrugged. [“Then again, if I were to say I know kung-fu to someone that tries to attack me, I’d be seen as a joke. It’s not like Karate or Jiu-jitsu… you know, things that they recognize.”] She covered her mouth as she chuckled. It’s not like any martial art would get noticed when a grab of the hair and slaps are involved.

[“So that leaves me with the bodyguard idea. It would be nice…having an actual goddess of war, the queen herself fighting for me…”] Chae-Min looked at Minerva as she trailed off for a moment. [“Pffft! Nah, that would be ridiculous! It’s not like this is some comic book land or something. And I certainly don’t expect you to do that for a stranger you just met. A lady can dream, am I right?”]

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:56 am

Minerva raised a brow curiously at the woman’s comment. [“My name has never made a tangible difference in the paths I took. Names themselves are nothing more than identifiers. The only weight they carry is that which we give them.”]

She returned to her tea, sipping on it while Chae-min spoke of her decision not to learn Kung-Fu, the difference in public credibility between it and other martial arts, and…once again, a notion of Minerva being her bodyguard. Except this time, it didn’t sound like she was posing an outlandish hypothetical scenario. The way Chae-Min spoke, Minerva had heard powerful men speak that way to make business “propositions” where refusal was either not an option or one that came with heavy consequences. The woman herself dismissed it as ridiculous, but she had brought it up twice now…

Minerva set down her tea, only just now noticing an odd, bitter aftertaste she didn’t recognize. And she was feeling quite warm. Had it gotten hotter in here? She didn’t think so, but… Pushing the thought aside, her hand fished around for the fan she had brought with her, pulling it out and lightly fanning herself when she finally found it. All the while, she held her composure, showing no signs - or at least as few as possible, that anything was amiss. And perhaps nothing was. It did little good to jump to one of the many conclusions her mind wanted to go to. Maybe it was all just in her head. Maybe…

She eyed her tea while she spoke. [“These ‘models’ must be feisty indeed if you would try to recruit me to protect you from them,”] she said, then looked up at the woman again, eyes just slightly narrowed. Not a fully accusatory look, but one that consciously allowed a hint of her suspicion to show.

[“Who is your real enemy?”]

Back to top Go down

Post by BritBrat Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:19 pm

[“Tell that to my mother…Pretty sure you’d be more convincing than I’d be.”] Chase-Min chuckled and rolled her eyes at the mention of her parents, seeming to take Minerva’s side of the meaning of names. It’s been interesting to hear more about Minerva, talking more about what makes her tick, speaking to her like a normal human being. Not many people would ever get the chance. To sit with your favorite wrestler for dinner. Practically a dream come true.

And Chae-Min was happy…the smile said as such. Had only it been for the reasons that were just stated.

[“Phew, I don’t know about you, but I could never be cool when I drink hot things. My mother would always go on how it actually cools you down, but I don’t believe that.”] Chae-Min leaned on her palm, with her elbow propped up on the table. Her smile showed to be disarming, harmless. Especially as Minerva has gotten the fan out of her purse. [“Though she’d always insisted on me drinking hot water. Have been ever since.”]

Minerva would mention something about Chae-Min’s comments about recruiting her as a bodyguard. To which she gestures her hand to show casual dismission of something so absurd. [“I mean, you’ve seen the models in your league? They’re no joke in this day and age! Especially with such petty politics going on. Anyways, just a silly little girl’s ramblings. Though I guess I wish I had that kind of power…”] Her voice trailed off once she saw Minerva just staring at her. And she doesn’t seem well pleased. [“Oh, was I talking too much…? Hmm? My real enemy?” Well…if we’re going in that direction, I suppose I’d say myself?”]

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next