by TheLoneWanderer Today at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Today at 7:52 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 5:43 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Kairi Kamiya vs. Elizabeth "Riza" Hawkeye
by Yori Today at 1:11 am

Who is online?
In total there are 154 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 154 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

So Close, So Far

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

So Close, So Far Empty So Close, So Far

Post by acuyra Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 pm

This sucked. This absolutely sucked.

It was going to suck regardless, Tatiana knew that. Losing their first match would’ve been bad enough by itself, but they hadn’t lost just any match - no, they’d gone down to the tag champs. It hadn’t been the best outing of their career, shorter than most people were expecting, but they both knew what it signified. It would be a while before they had another shot at the titles, if they ever had another shot, and they’d certainly not be getting that shot at big PPV anytime soon. They’d swung, missed, and now they were back to the bottom of the pile.

Oh, and the injuries sucked, too. Tatiana and Valerie had to make their first ever trip to Friction’s medical section, and they were currently being evaluated, with the doctor’s feeling them up, running a few tests. Valerie’s leg was hurting an and Tatiana’s back had a crick in it from a nasty fall. She was fairly sure it wasn’t anything serious, but they wanted to be sure, so she had to get an x-ray and was waiting on the results now.

It was routine stuff, really, the sort of thing you’d expect after a hard ladder match. She could get past that. But what really, really sucked was the silence.

Tatiana knew her sister well. She wasn’t the type to yell when she was mad, didn’t scream and holler. No, when she was mad, Valerie gave people the silent treatment. Barely speaking, one word answers when she did, and she avoided looking at you unless absolutely necessary. That was what was happening now, as they waited on a bench near the doctor’s office, waiting on him to come back with some results. Just sitting there. Quiet. Awkward.

Tatiana couldn’t imagine what Valerie was thinking right now. Probably disappointed, wanting to tell her where she’d messed up, how this was her fault, how she should’ve been paying better attention and followed their training. For her part, though, all Tatiana could think of was her girlfriend, and how she desperately wished Belle was here right now. Someone to talk to, to hold, to comfort her and rub her wounded parts. If only for a little while...

Back to top Go down

So Close, So Far Empty Re: So Close, So Far

Post by Yori Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:44 pm

Down the distant corridors of the arena backstage the soft clack of heels of cement echoed. Calm even steps, approaching the medical offices. After asking about, she had been pointed in this direction by a few staffers and other Friction talent. She was familiar with this place, had spent a good deal of time here for checkups and evaluations. It carried a certain weight to be back here again but thankfully for different reasons. Despite it only being a waiting room, she nonetheless gave a light courtesy knock with the back of her knuckle beside slipping inside.

Kaylee Day, a woman with more accolades to her credit than time in the day stood in the doorway, peering across to the stars of Novae. She was dressed smart, a crispy white button up blouse with the sleeves rolled up to her elbow with stylish fashion designer cuffs that butter out a bit more than they should, made to be worn like this. A simple black skirt that drifted tastefully down her thighs, just above her knees giving way to the dark shaded stocking that were a smokey dark mahogany hue. She of course also had on a pair of slick high heels, though plain looking to the uninitiated were actually very expensive minimalist designers, naturally.

The blond tucked a small blue binder under her arm, bringing her hands together to slowly clap as she gazed upon the two defeated wrestlers. She was smiling, a fact that might have come across as kicking at first glance, but someone observant would see a lack of smugness that was normally apparent from their past run ins. "My my, that was quite the show you put on. You were so close... I bet you could have practically taste it."

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 pm

Be careful what you wish for. Really. As if to illustrate that classic phrase, Tatiana had reached the point where she was wishing for just about anyone and anything to come along and break the quiet. It was bad enough they had to suffer through the pain and stay here as the world moved around them, but she was dreading the talk that was going to happen when Valerie eventually opened up. It was not going to be a peaceful night, she would not be getting as much sleep as she wanted, and she’d need to decompress with Belle, dragging her girlfriend to the pity party. Not celebrating.

She wanted a distraction, anything, and that was precisely what she got - only delivered by the one person she wouldn’t have wished for, if she’d been thinking more clearly. Thanks for the curveball, God.

The both of them groaned as one when Kaylee entered the room, though Valerie couldn’t know exactly how deep her loathing went for this woman. Being with Belle, she’d gone from seeing her as an annoyance to a toxic presence in her girlfriend’s life, constantly poisoning everything in their lives. Always having to evade her, making plans that revolved around her needs and wants, bringing up bad memories...it was weird, really, how you could hate a person you’d only met twice in person, including now, but there they were.

Valerie spoke up, and for once, Tatiana was more than happy to let her sister speak for her, afraid she might say the wrong thing, here. ”You…” She started to stand up, then threw her hands at the woman. ”I am not in the mood for your silliness,идиот.” She sneered Kaylee’s way, dripping with venom. ”Go away.”

Tatiana shared the sentiment, but at the same time, she couldn’t help but look at the folder in her arm, curious what was up with it. Really, something about Kaylee seemed kind of...off. Again, she’d only met her once, but that match left an impression. The woman seemed less bombastic than usual. Not that Tatiana was wishing for it, but...

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 pm

The social media star was impressively collective tonight, letting the dismissal slide without truly snapping back. The blond canted her head slightly to the side as if Valerie was a child that had done something adorable. Her clapping came to a stop though, at least offering the appearance of her being there for some reason other than antagonising Novae.

"Silliness." She couldn't help but smirk at that. What a fun way to describe the vitriolic nature the two of them had expressed themselves in the past. With a small shake of her head, the request to leave was promptly ignored with the shift of her gaze pointedly towards Tatiana.

"I think I owe you an apology." The world must have been ending to have these words slip from her mouth without them being coaxed in any way. "When we first square off in the ring I was very dismissive, short sighted really… Belle sang you high praises for the work you put in despite your handicap. After you basically tossed my phone into a crowd and doxxed me, I was pretty upset."

Kaylee slipped from the doorway, moving across the room slowly to walk in front of the pair. While her focus seemed to be entirely on Tatiana, she did spare a small glance Valerie's way, just in case the woman tried to get in her face. "But I heard you were challenging for the tag belts, which hardly seemed like something to ignore. After all, we share the same division. After getting a chance to really watch you in action from the sidelines... Well, I am actually very impressed." If unopposed, Kaylee would try to take a seat beside Tatiana, setting the binder on her lap.

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:55 am

This was turning into one of the most awkward experiences in Tatiana’s life, quickly vying for the #1 Spot. Some of that was because of reasons the other two women couldn’t have known about, things involving her real relationship with Belle, but there was some weirdness here that didn’t have anything to do with that, too. Namely, whatever the heck Kaylee was on about.

First and foremost, Kaylee seemed kind of focused on her, which was making Tatiana all kinds of uncomfortable. Valerie was the one who kept throwing open hate her way, she was just along for the ride, and she was more than happy to let her sister be the lightning rod.

Second off...an apology? That brought raised eyebrows from both sisters, the two of them giving Kaylee a stare that would’ve worked just as well if a little alien had popped out of her head.

Valerie was quick to wave her off with a sneer, but Tatiana just kept looking her over as the woman came across the ring, not the least bit bothered. That apology seemed genuine, like she meant it, and she was being rather pleasant at the moment. A weird change, but not an unwelcome one. Maybe this was what Belle saw in her?

Tatiana bit her lip and shifted enough on the bench to give their ‘guest’ enough room to sit. ”I...yes, thank you.” She mumbled, throwing a nervous glance towards her sister, who looked like she was five seconds away from getting up and dragging her along. ”And sorry about the phone, that’s my fault. I was in the moment, and it seemed like a good idea, so I just kind of rolled with it. Sorry you got doxxed, I totally didn’t think of that.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:59 am

Kaylee had waited for the space to open up before seating herself, settling down beside Tatiana with a noticeable attention to not crowding her. She rested her hands over the top of the binder on her lap, crossing one leg over the other as she turned to speak towards the redhead. “It was smart.” She nodded with a smile, hardly able to contain a small chuckle.

“Didn’t make me any less mad at the time but hindsight paints things in a different light with enough time to ruminate on them...” She let out a small sigh, glancing off to the medical examiner's office door.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to drone on. I’m sure you’re both very tired after that match, so I’ll get to the point.” Kaylee open the binder up in her lap and began peeling back a few of the papers inside until she found what she wanted. With a small tug she slipped a bundle of stapled papers together, laying them across the top of the blue binder.

“So, I’ve been working on Belle and my brand for, well, since we went into business for ourselves. I’m not sure how much you know about me, but I’m actually pretty successful. Not trying to brag or anything…” She gave a small half smile, seemingly aware of how it sounded.

“I wasn’t so sure about all of this wrestling stuff when I started out here but Belle made me a believer. Just when I started to come around, I wound up here myself.” She gestured towards the office. "It sucked." Her shoulders slipped sightly, seeming to dwell on that moment again before straightening back up.

“I was on the shelf for awhile. It gave me time to think about all this and what sort of impact I really want to make here at AFW. We have a lot of talent in Friction, Tension too. A lot of these girls don't really get the spotlight they deserve, just sort of get buried in the shuffle.

Belle really loves it here and being stuck in a house with her all that long, it became pretty inspiring just to hear her gush all the time. So I want to use some of my resources to help other girls foster their brands like I have done with my own."
The blond gave the papers a light tap with her fingertips.

"This is a contract. I have been scouting out a few other women as well and signing them with similar deal so you aren't the only one. I know this is sudden and you likely have a lot of things going on in your personal life, so I don't need an answer right away, but spots are limited. I would like to be your manager."

"In here you will find a signing bonus, living accomodations on my estate, use of our private training facilities, and access to the professional coaching staff I employ for Belle and myself among a few other things…"
Kaylee took the edges of the bundle of papers in her hands, offering them over to Tatiana. She looked like a proud mother in this moment, more mature than she had ever appeared on her YouTube channel or back on television.

"If you have any questions right now, feel free to ask. My personal number is tucked in the back of you have any later on. I want you to be really thorough about looking this over before signing anything. A little free advice from me to you."

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Tatiana’s head had been spinning for a while now, trying to piece together what Kaylee was getting at, here, and what the full goal was. If she’d been here to make fun of them, she’d be a lot more blatant about it. Heck, she would’ve done it on her Youtube channel for the whole world to see.  She was here because she wanted something, but what? The possibilities cycled through her mind. Maybe to sue them for something, like her imagined copyright infringment? Wouldn’t be too surprising, she could afford it. Maybe lead them into some kind of trap?

...maybe even reveal that she knew about what her partner was really busy with these days? A horrifying thought, the worst case scenario, but…

As it turned out, this was one of those times that reality was definitely stranger than fiction. Tatiana would never have guessed that the blonde was here to manage them, not if she had a million years to try.

She listened as Kaylee explained everything, and couldn’t hold back her smiles when Belle came up, imagening her enthusiasm and seeing it all too well, even blushing. The color drained from her skin the moment the offer was made, though. A silence hung over the room as Tatiana took the papers and looked them over, with Valerie leaning over to scan them, too. Neither of them were the best english readers, and they’d definitely need a translator to go over it and make sure they didn’t misunderstand anything...but just to glance at it? It seemed legitimate. Far too elaborate to be just a prank. A real, legal contract.

”You’re serious?” She turned to Kaylee, incredulous, studying her face for even the slightest hint of a trick and finding nothing. The woman was actress, but if this was a play on her part, then she was Oscar-worthy.  ”You are serious. Wow. Uh...I mean, maybe, but-”

”Never.”

Tatiana’s eyes shot wide and she spun about, glaring at her sister. ”Val, come on, it’s just-”

”It’s a trick! Don’t be so naive.” She pointed a finger hard at Kaylee. ”This woman has been nothing but a nuisance since first we met, and now she throws this olive branch out of nowhere? And we’re supposed to fall for that?” She shook her head, her long hair whipping about. ”There is a catch. Somewhere, there is a catch.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Kaylee folder her hands in her lap upon the binder, giving a slight nod to Tatiana. "Yes, I am being serious… of course the housing at my estate isn't finished just yet, but I already have people working on construction. It should be done within a few weeks. The rest of the benefits would be immediate we would just need to get you gate access..." Kaylee's voice tapered off at Valerie's blunt refusal. The blond cocked her head slightly, simply listening to the sisters talk. When a finger was thrust out in her direction she leaned back into the bench slightly startled.

"It's not really out of nowhere… Tatiana just came off of a big tag win and a championship bout where she performed incredibly well. I can understand you might be upset you didn't win tonight but Valerie, be reasonable. Your sister is a very gifted woman." Kaylee spoke slowly and clearly with a slight frown in her features. It was almost like a concerned friend leading an intervention.

"I am offering Tatiana a remarkable chance to build herself into the star she deserves to be. Now… I understand that you and I don't see eye to eye Valerie, but this isn't about us. This is about Tatiana." Kaylee glanced over to the redhead giving her a soft apologetic smile for talking about her like this while she was right here.

"If she wants to share the details of her potential contract with you, that's perfectly fine. Put it under a microscope. I would challenge you to find another person out there that can meet what I am offering." Kaylee took a deep breath, one that really spoke to trying to keep composure. It seemed reasonable given the circumstances. She hadn't raised her voice, thrown an insult, or levied threats. Today she was remarkably well behaved.

The entire time she spoke there was one clear message Kaylee was pushing as politely as possible without being overt. The contract in Tatiana's hands wasn't for Novae. It had one name on it and that was the redhead's. What that meant for the duo was unclear, especially without combing through the contract itself. There was the obvious implications though mostly having to do with Tatiana possibly moving out to go live at Belle and Kaylee's estate.

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:46 am

It was all so much, so soon, so fast, Tatiana literally felt like her head was going to spin off her shoulders. Even she could see the gravity behind all this - it would be a big chance for them, a way to actually move through the company, maybe even get another title shot. Having a manager, having real money behind them, having a real place to train and real trainers, not just the so-so facilities and personnel that the AFW supplied for all its wrestlers…

But what really intrigued her, the part that drew her like a magnet, was the lodging. Being able to stay with Belle would be a dream come true. Being able to see her anytime she wanted. Eat with her. Play with her. Sleep with her...in the actual sense of sleeping, not sex, not yet, but still. Texting was nice, but a poor substitute for being next to her and having those beautiful blue eyes to stare into.

Yes. A million times, yes.

It all seemed too good to be true, and maybe it was, but what was the American saying about gift horses and mouths? But Valerie was the problem.

She ‘d closed her eyes as Kaylee spoke, and only opened them when she was finished, looking back to Tatiana with a huff. [“She thinks we’re idiots.”] She spoke in Russian, cutting Kaylee out of the loop. [“She wants to own us. Sign this paper, and we’re signing out life away.”

Tatiana bit her lip and gave it another look over, fidgeting. It did seem a little weird, come to think of it. Namely, she wasn’t seeing a lot of space for two people to sign on this thing, which seemed kind of weird considering the tag team thing. Maybe she meant to give them two copies? ”Yeah, but-” Tatiana started, glancing back to Kaylee with a nervous look. She didn’t want to cut her out of the loop, but it was weird talking to her sister in English while she spoke their native tongue. [“But this could be big, super big. I mean, it doesn’t have to be that serious, I’m sure we can back out if things go sour, and-”

Valerie just threw up  her hands and stood, sparing Kaylee one  last hateful look before she began to stride for the door. [“Enough, Tatiana. I’ve had enough for one day.”] She opened up the door and stepped halfway through before looking back her way. [“I’m leaving. You can either come along or take the train back. Your choice.”]

Tatiana stood up as soon as Valerie left all the way, nodding towards Kaylee as backstepped after her. ”I’ll, uh, take this advertisement. Advisement, I mean.” She shook her head. ”I’ll get back to you , ASAP, I promise. Thank you!”

Tatiana was quick to leave, but she didn’t follow after Valerie - instead, she made a beeline for the nearest dressing room, opened it, closed the door and locked herself inside. She sat the papers on the desk and took out her phone, tapping away on the keypad as quick as she knew how.

”Pickuppickuppickuppickup...” Tatiana put it on speakerphone and set it aside, freeing her hands to do other things while she waited for Belle to answer.

Important things. Like chewing on her fingernails.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:42 pm

Kaylee let out a soft sigh, easing back against the bench as Valerie broke out the Russian. It was safe to assume that the actress known throughout the world over didn't know how to understand the two of them, right? Regardless if she spoke the language, the tone and body language on display was a universal thing, one that she watched quietly. When Tatiana looked back towards her, the blond gave a small half smile and nodded, more or less giving her the okay to do what she had to do in this situation.

"She seems upset…" Kaylee thought out loud, watching the other woman storm out. Her bright eyes drifted back to Tatiana as she was addressed in English again. How considerate. "Of course. Not to be a broken record but…" The blond pat the binder in her lap before rising to her feet, tucking it under one arm. "Spots are limited."

The social media star watched silently as Tatiana left her behind. Eyes trailing back to the office door she gave her head another small shake before turn about to head back the way she had come.

"Tatiana?" Just after the first ring the line went silent for a brief moment then Belle's voice broke it. "Is everything alright? Are you okay?" There was real worry in her voice. It was pretty uncommon for them to actually call one another, especially when Valerie was likely about. On the other end of the line there was a muffled sound of movement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next