by Blue_Snakie Today at 11:12 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Kairi Kamiya vs. Elizabeth "Riza" Hawkeye
by Old_Man_Tai Today at 11:11 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - John Carnaby vs Cami Brumwell
by Old_Man_Tai Today at 10:57 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Yori Today at 9:56 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 219 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 219 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Original Moves

+6
Serpon
Mystery Dragon
rhapsody
JimmyRussler
Daaharu
Lotuswarrior
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Original Moves - Page 2 Empty Re: Original Moves

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:46 am

The problem with "creating a new move" is that the vast majority of moves in wrestling can't be done, at all, without the help of the other person.

So a character being like "I CAN DO A TRIPLE FRONT FLIP PILEDRIVER" is basically total bullshit, because even the single flip piledriver ONLY works because the guy taking the piledriver is doing a backflip at the same time.

So far there hasn't been a move named here that hasn't already been done. Creating a completely original move is pretty much impossible, because your limited by what the human body can do, and wrestlers have pretty much already discovered the best moves and variations years ago.

Why do a triple front flip in a match anyway? That's just being flashy for no reason.

But ignore me, that's just a pet peeve of mine. It's like seeing a guy do a Shooting Star Legdrop when it just doing a simple Legdrop would do the exact same damage. Flash for the sake of Flash is why a lot of indy wrestling now is just acrobatic contests with little story and virtually no selling.

Da has a point though. Lotta people come here having never watched any wrestling and no interest in it, but then want to do wrestling (not just hentai) matches, and end up completely lost and throwing random moves out with no rhyme or reason.

You don' HAVE to be a wrestling fan to enjoy this place, but I would suggest, for those that want their non-hentai matches to be good and entertaining and make sense, do your homework, study up, and learn what you can about moves and selling and proper move escalation in a match. That will do good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotuswarrior Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:18 am

Old_Man_Tai wrote:The problem with "creating a new move" is that the vast majority of moves in wrestling can't be done, at all, without the help of the other person.

So a character being like "I CAN DO A TRIPLE FRONT FLIP PILEDRIVER" is basically total bullshit, because even the single flip piledriver ONLY works because the guy taking the piledriver is doing a backflip at the same time.

So far there hasn't been a move named here that hasn't already been done. Creating a completely original move is pretty much impossible, because your limited by what the human body can do, and wrestlers have pretty much already discovered the best moves and variations years ago.

Why do a triple front flip in a match anyway? That's just being flashy for no reason.

But ignore me, that's just a pet peeve of mine. It's like seeing a guy do a Shooting Star Legdrop when it just doing a simple Legdrop would do the exact same damage. Flash for the sake of Flash is why a lot of indy wrestling now is just acrobatic contests with little story and virtually no selling.

Da has a point though. Lotta people come here having never watched any wrestling and no interest in it, but then want to do wrestling (not just hentai) matches, and end up completely lost and throwing random moves out with no rhyme or reason.

You don' HAVE to be a wrestling fan to enjoy this place, but I would suggest, for those that want their non-hentai matches to be good and entertaining and make sense, do your homework, study up, and learn what you can about moves and selling and proper move escalation in a match. That will do good.

I get what you're saying about the unneeded flash on moves, and the fact that pretty much all moves have reached a point where they can be moddified has reached its end. Though one in a blue moon, someone will do something unique.

Lotuswarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LtLukas Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:40 am

There is nothing new under the sun.

Some moves, when executed, look goddamn spectacular. The problem is, as Tai mentioned in his ranting, some moves require the cooperation of the other wrestler. We can discuss winners and losers in the PMs, but inside the ring two women (or a man and a woman, or two monsters) are genuinely trying to beat each other. So when you try to pull off a move, like for example a Jumping Implant DDT or Mickie James' finisher, there is no reason for Jessica's opponent to help Jessica. Even if I wanted to pull it off, I feel like it would be denying my RP partner's agency.

Furthermore, things can be hard to visualize. I am guilty of this as well, but sometimes writing here on the board lacks any sort of clarity. I don't mind flash or razzle dazzle as long as it makes sense. If someone has Jessica in a figure four leg lock she is not going to be able to spank her unless her arms magically grew by two feet. I read some threads and just think, how on earth is that supposed to work? There is a lot of creativity going on here going on here but I would warn people not to go overboard. Keeping track of where everyone's hands are can be a bit rough, especially over the course of a week or a month or however long a thread lasts, but let's put in an effort people.

Man, I feel like Tai now. Here I am, railing at nothing in particular.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:56 am

LtLukas wrote:

...I know its in my name but...am I really considered just the crazy old man of the board who rants about nothing, even when he has a point and is trying to educate?

Back to top Go down

Post by rhapsody Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:08 am

Old_Man_Tai wrote:
LtLukas wrote:

...I know its in my name but...am I really considered just the crazy old man of the board who rants about nothing, even when he has a point and is trying to educate?

Original Moves - Page 2 91sn32Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:22 am

One day, when I leave this place for good, that picture will become my legacy of my time here.

Back to top Go down

Post by kerflubble Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Sometimes a lack of variety of finishers can be a positive thing. Establishing certain moves as universal big deals.

Tina Armstrong (Face) Blue-Eyed Superstar
Yelena Turova (Face) Crushing Powerhouse
Pantha (Face) Pride of the Jungle
Anna Silver (Face) Ardent Angel
The Green Empire The Empress & Imperial Guard.
Mara Jingfei (Face) Amethyst Dancer
kerflubble
kerflubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:06 am

This is true.

There isn't THAT many variations of the Piledriver and its respected as a match ender...most of the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2