by Deus001 Today at 12:29 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - John Carnaby vs Cami Brumwell
by Deus001 Yesterday at 11:10 pm

» Trini "Starshine" Carazo vs. Ayane "Empress" Yamamoto
by Daaharu Yesterday at 5:37 am

» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Yesterday at 5:27 am

Who is online?
In total there are 97 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 97 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Topic: Wrestling?

+27
KillerV
LARIATO
mnpinner
freeko
Deus001
Teesta
ThunderFox
M.J.Caboose14
Mystery Dragon
Vcom7418
xalex
SleeperAgent94
kerflubble
Lobo
jakeb1993
TheEditor1023
Gadot
Serpon
rhapsody
TiefBlau
scorn53
Alexandra
acuyra
killcarrion
Old_Man_Tai
FlameofHope
Tatyina
31 posters

Page 80 of 100 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 90 ... 100  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 80 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Alexandra Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Old_Man_Tai wrote:No offense to matt hardy or jeff, but id rather not see bray wyatt fed to the Broken Boyz

Why not? He's got nothing left at this point. He's at rock bottom and they're never going to let him actually get anywhere.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48 pm

(I'm not happy at all about him losing at 'mania, if you can't tell.)
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by SleeperAgent94 Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Actually, I could see maybe The hardy's putting over bray and company. May be wishful thinking but who knows.

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 80 WC85WE4
SleeperAgent94
SleeperAgent94

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:03 am

SleeperAgent94 wrote:Actually, I could see maybe The hardy's putting over bray and company. May be wishful thinking but who knows.

Maybe, but I dunno. Since WWE is going with Retro Hardy's, at least until this stuff with Anthem is settled, for now, I could maybe see it.

I'm still mixed on The Hardy's being back in WWE. Fans love them for now, because they can chant delete over and over, but the "Welcome back" enthusiasm WILL die down as long as they stay Retro. They'll have to go Broken if they want to keep their success up beyond an initial tag title run that see's them bury the tag roster like New Day already did.

The problems with Breaking Broken in WWE though:

1. Right off the bat, it's NOT going to be like in TNA, because WWE will (smartly) want to make their own version, not just rip off what someone else was already doing. Much like how the original Broken concept was considered either brilliant or dumb as fuck depending on who you talked to, this WWE Approved version will get an even more mixed reception.

2. Matt and Reby own the character rights. You think WWE's going to let that shit just slide? I highly doubt it. If it's worth money, they'll make sure they own it.

3. I think the characters are just...a bit too big. What I mean by that is: The Broken everything basically all but took over TNA's show during their run there, to the point where they were literally able to run their very own episode of Impact.

You think WWE is going to let them take over multiple segments each episode of Raw/Smackdown? You think they'll just GIVE Matt Hardy an episode of Raw to book for himself? No way in hell. 1-2 segments and a match, that's what they'll get.

4. This is a follow up from Number 3, but the whole "Broken Universe" thing is going to be MUCH harder to pull off when you only get a couple segments at most.

5. This MIGHT just be my own issue, but once they go Broken, I find it...how to put it...difficult to see them in feuds and matches where they actually put anyone over other than themselves. Not that Matt and Jeff are super selfish (...though rumors persist otherwise...), but it's kinda difficult to see like, for example, Broken Matt getting a PPV feud and match with say, Rusev, and losing.

This is an issue TNA started. They gave the Brokenz freedom to make their own entire universe, and let their main story with The Decay get super crazy and insane and booked them so they never lost a match (except to each other.)

Because of that, how exactly do you see The Broken Hardyz engaged in actual regular wrestling feuds? I've seen internet comments that Broken Matt "absolutely has to become WWE Champion", (which, I mean, fuck that) but how the fuck would they actually build up a Broken Matt vs Roman Reigns or AJ Styles title match?

Take Broken Matt out of the crazy insane gimmick matches, and away from tagging with Jeff, and guess what? You have the same bland Matt Hardy, who has never been all that impressive on his own in the ring. Then, are we supposed to take Broken Matt's "seven dieties, vessel of a god" speech stuff seriously after Roman superman punches and spears him back to the mid card?

I don't want to be a total downer, I'm sure there are ways the Broken Ones can work in WWE, I just think there are a lot of issues. They might be better off just doing a year of the Nostalgia Tour, and, once that gets boring and bland, they can go back to the indy scene and be Broken again, or just retire with all their monies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:25 am

My guess is that WWE will make this in a manner that people quickly lose interest in both the regular Hardys and the Broken Hardys. WWE already managed that with Team 3D and Bully Ray in general. I think that the Hardys basically demanded a championship run for signing, or else they would have suffered the same fate as Devon and Bully Ray.

Edit:
@SleeperAgent94
Absolutely. The last guy I want to see on SD is Roman Reigns.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:52 am

WWE never took a shot at Bully Ray...which, honestly, is a shame, because I think they could have made that character work really well for them, as its a kind of character they excel at.

The Broken ones though, no dis-respect to them, I just don't trust WWE's writers with their version of the gimmick and I doubt WWE will give the Hardyz the full creative freedom that is REQUIRED for this gimmick to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by mnpinner Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:52 pm

Hear me out on this, because it is certainly an obvious, but crazy (possibly stupid) route, but instead of Broken Universe vs Fractured Wyatts (I dunno, whatever you want to call this questionable booking lately), why don't we have them align with each other? Since there are elements that are similar between the two gimmicks (outlandish, creepy, supernatural mumbo jumbo), why not engage in a story where Bray awakens the Broken in the Hardyz?

We'd finally have a fresher look for the Wyatt Family, introduce a female competitor to be Sister Abigail or Sister Abigail's cousin or however you want to rationalize it [insert anybody credible and able to be creepy here], and maybe a midcard guy down the line: run train on the [Smackdown please] roster and have them capture all of the gold. Now the Wyatts and whatever Broken's name will be can have multiple segments in a show.

This would, ideally, require a good bit of setup to pull off properly, but if done correctly, Bray goes over as the mastermind they fail to make him seem to be, we get a variation of the Broken gimmick, ???, profit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Bad idea.

Like the problem with ric flair being a manager.

The gimmick is too big to not be the focus. Rather than an equal union, one would be seen would be seen as above the others.

Bray and his group are, relatively speaking, more subdued, and since matt has embraced being over the top, and jeff jumps off tall stuff, they would always be the main focal point.

Factor in that wyatts dont really do comedy, and that means they wouldnt do any broken universe backstage stuff with a kangaroo, and the wyatts would in all be seen as the lesser gimmick, and just the hardyz pawns, in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by FlameofHope Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:58 am

Not a big fan of this crowd, but Ambrose coming to Raw virtually guarantees Owens going to Smackdown, so that's interesting.

Spoiler:
FlameofHope
FlameofHope

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:36 am

Yay! Bray VS Balor!

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 80 of 100 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 90 ... 100  Next