by Old_Man_Tai Today at 5:19 am

» Squishy!
by Blue_Snakie Today at 5:12 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - John Carnaby vs Cami Brumwell
by Old_Man_Tai Today at 4:57 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Yori Today at 3:56 am

Who is online?
In total there are 217 users online :: 3 Registered, 1 Hidden and 213 Guests :: 1 Bot

killcarrion, Underdog21, Yori

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:51 pm
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Indomitable

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Indomitable   - Page 3 Empty Re: Indomitable

Post by killcarrion Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:45 am

Mikoto settled herself into her seat cushion and listened intently throughout the entirety of Chris' soulful recanting of the series of events that led her to this position in her life. The priestess practically envisioning the events transpiring in her mind, which she found to be rather effortless considering how well-told her story was. She knew that this level of intimate disclosure from someone as guarded as Chris was...it was something not easily earned. Something that had taken months of patience and proving herself to be trustworthy. From heartfelt discussions to covertly assisting Chris in her feud with Hibiki Izayoi, Mikoto had actually felt like an unofficial partner to the Phenom for some time now. Perhaps by the end of this day, that position would probably be cemented.

Mikoto couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt from hearing about the mean spirited hazing and almost blatant xenophobia Chris had experienced during her rookie years. The immense pride that came with Japanese culture could sometimes have a twisted and ugly side...and Mikoto felt compelled to apologize despite having done nothing wrong herself. However, the culminating point of her story and revelation of her relationship with Risako waylaid her...widening her eyes and thankful she wasn't sipping her tea during that part of the story.

"...oh, I...I see. I guess that puts certain matters into prospective then, doesn't it? How Risako seem to get so riled up when we mentioned you at the beach...Your match with her...I suppose...I may have suspected there was something between the both of you.  But still...Chris, the lengths to which you've kept this charade going, and what it's costing you...*sigh*..."
Mikoto paused and took a short breath as tried to absorb all this new information. "...it's rather strange, actually. That in all their attempts to drive you away when you first came to Japan...your detractors when you first joined...they've only ended up strengthening your resolve...Creating what they feared the most." Miko calmly pointed out, certainly not condoning their actions, but still intent on hearing out whatever else Chris had to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by valen311 Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:20 am

"Well, I've had a lot of time to think about Risako and myself after that last match. The level of hate between her and I, the brutality we reach every time we fight, it's because of the feelings we once had for each other." Chris sighed. "The love between us turned into hate. Or something along those lines."

Shifting her injured arm slightly, the blonde smiled at the priestess's last sentence.
"Well, to be honest, the hazing stopped after that night. Between defeating one of the 'evil foriegners' and being taken under Risako's wing, most of the locker room thought much better of me. At least for awhile."

"I'll gloss over a lot of the details about Risako and relationship. Basically, we went from being mentor and student to...well, lovers." Chris continued. Truth be told, the American was anxious to step away from the good memories of Risako, knowing the depression that would follow. It was already hard enough to tell the rest of this tale. "Besides, while Risako began taking me under her wing, I was being courted by the Wrestle Angel's first chairman, although our relationship was vastly different."

"The president of the company came to my locker room, after Risako had left to continue commentating. He took me aside, congratulated me on the win, saying that it was the best debut he had ever seen, and the best match the league had so far that year. He told me to keep up the good work, and keep doing my best, and that he was taking a personal interest in my career. I was beside myself. I mean here I was, a foreign wrestler right out of the training camp, and suddenly the president of the Japanese company you wrestle for is saying he's got his eyes on you. He even said he had the perfect thing for my image." she continued her own tale. My outfit would be all in white and given these gold-ish arm bands and was billed the 'Phenomenon of Heaven.' Much better. It was a little much, sure, but I went with it. I found it pretty flattering, to be honest. An angel among the Wrestle Angels."
The statuesque blond shook her head ruefully.

"Amyway, I trained and fought under Risako's guidance. I was strong, but Risako taught me how use that strength to it's fullest. Techniques that made full use of my size and power. She also taught me how people would try to counter my strength and size advantages, what to watch out for from high flyers, speedsters and submission artists. Despite everything that's happened between us, I know that I wouldn't be anywhere near as good as I am without her early teachings." the American said wistfully. "But yes, Risako's training improved my wrestling ability greatly, and it showed. I won match after match, gaining popularity with fans and with the rest of the roster, too. As for the Chairman, he made sure I got all the exposure and push a rookie could ever dream of. I was even in a few TV commercials...silly things for some energy drink. Risako didn't like the fact I did those, but...well it was fun."

"About a month later, I faced the champion, which came as a surprise to both me and Risako." Chris continued abruptly. "The Wrestle Angels world champion at the time was Bomber Kishima. She was another veteran, had this tough as nails reputation, as you you know. She and Mighty Yukiko were best friends. I didn't know why I was given this chance, and I knew I was going to be in for a fight, but this was something else. Kishima came to the ring pissed. Right from the opening bell she started brawling with me, before I even had a chance to offer to shake hands. I thought she wanted to make an example out of me, the gaijin newbie, so I fought back hard. I caught her early with a double axe handle on her back that made her writhe around holding her back, so I worked on that whenever I could. Bomber though, she earned her name I found out, with the massive bombs she had for strikes. We both had the same finisher, we found out, when we hit each other with running lariats. After that, well, it was pretty even until I went to go for a powerbomb, one of the gutwrench ones, but once I got her over my shoulder and she was bent over backwards on top of it, she started screaming and thrashing, so I just....held her there. Brought myself up to my full height and squeezed down on her middle as hard as I could. She quit the match a few moments later. I couldn't believe it. I just knelt there, the belt in my lap. I noticed that Yukiko came to help her friend out of the ring. I figured I would go to help too but the look Yukiko gave me stopped me in my tracks. It was pure hate. The president came into the ring then and raised my hand and led me out of the ring while I still confused by Yukiko. I asked him about it, and he told me that there were some that hated the fact an American was rising rapidly in the league, and that Yukiko and Kishima must've been part of that crowd. But he was different. He was truly making the Wrestle Angels international, by putting his faith in me now that I won the belt. He would take the hate from the more 'ignorant' types, but with me as the champion it would be the dawn of a new age in the organization. All I had to do was keep fighting at his side. And like a fool, I agreed."

"I defended that title successfully for a year straight, against any and all comers. The relationship between Risako and I deepened into...well, love. But, towards the end of that year the rest of the roster grew more and more distant. The fans did too for that matter. They even began booing me. I couldn't figure it out. I mean, I never did anything to any of them, aside from what went on in the ring. And I never went crazy, always stopped when the bell sounded, never attacked anybody with chairs or anything. Mikoto, I never gave any of those girls as much as a low blow. When I asked the Chairman privately about it, he said that the roster was full of people jealous of my success. A foreigner, on top of that. He warned me to look out for those that would want to see me fail, to lose the belt. A few days after that conversation, while Risako was at my place, shesuggested, out of the blue, that I should give up the title. One of the other wrestlers had seen me with the Chairman, and told Risako. She told me that I was his pawn, and that he was a vain, greedy man that I should have nothing to do with. It was almost like the Chairman was psychic, Mikoto. And now, here was Risako, telling me I should give up something I worked and bled for? I told her that the only way that belt was leaving me was if somebody beat me fairly for it. She accused me of being stubborn, and willfully naive. Eventually things just disintegrated into a screaming match and she left." Chris sighed heavily. "Looking back on things, I've wondered that, since it's said that if you love someone you should be able to sacrifice for them....why couldn't I give up that title for her? How different things would be! But I was a fool! And like Risako said, I was also stubborn and naive."

Chris gave a brief, bitter, self mocking laugh.
"I also wonder sometimes if I hate her so much because of what she had wrong about me....or what she was right about?" she said.

valen311

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:41 am

Recalling the events of the past through Chris' unique perspective was already shedding light on a world Mikoto wouldn't have dreamed of being a part of. Bomber Kishima, Panther Risako, Mighty Yukiko...all main stream names and athletes that she only witnessed from afar, even if they were a few feet away in the locker rooms. Back when this was all taking place, and she was a fresh-faced rookie herself, she would have never summoned the gumption to approach any of them when they were in their prime. Though despite her self-imposed isolation, she recalled overhearing the spiteful murmurs targeted towards Chris behind her back. Her association with the president of the company bolstering that negative perception of her. Rumors abounded about him as well, though of the more sleazy variety...

As Chris detailed the rather intimate liaison she had with Risako, and it's unfortunate conclusion, Miko couldn't help but draw some vague parallels to her own splintered friendship with Suzu. A close bond having been shattered over misconceptions and stubborn pride. It gave her reason to pause briefly before responding back to Chris, eventually tilting her head back up to meet her gaze with her cup of tea cooling in her hands. Compelled to ask one, possibly intrusive question before attempting to delve into the lengthy history of events Chris had informed her of.

"...You still love Risako, don't you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by valen311 Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:17 am

Chris remained silent for a few long moments after Mikoto's question, simply watching the scenery.

"For such a simple question, you would think there would be a simple answer. After all, it's either yes or no." the American said. "Well, the truth be told, yes, I love her. There is always some part of me that always will. She was my first love, and again, she is part of the reason I'm good at a sport I love. But, I also hate her, Mikoto. Her betrayal, the way she casts judgement on me...ugh, I hate her!"

Chris clenched her good fist tightly for a moment as she took a deep breath, relaxing her hand again before continuing.
"I'm sorry, Mikoto. I don't use the word hate very often....but it's there. And that hate sort of....corrupts every good memory or thought I have of her. And I'm sure she feels the same way. Every time we've talked to each other we've come to blows."

She shook her head sadly before turning it to look at Mikoto.
"But don't let my story stop you from trying to salvage your friendship with Suzumi, if that's what you want to do." she said. "What happened between Risako and myself....that doesn't need to be what happens between you two. You can both be better than us..."

Last edited by valen311 on Thu May 05, 2016 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

valen311

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:59 am

Mikoto hoped she wasn't overstepping her bounds with so blunt a question, but considering just how prevalent Risako was in Chris' s past and how her tone of voice changed slightly when mentioning her...it was just something she needed to clarify before moving forward.

"Well, I suppose it is a simple question with a not so simple answer. I'm sorry if I was being too intrusive. I suppose I was drawing a few vague similarities between us. I...quite honestly don't know if my friendship with Suzu is beyond repair or not. If people I've grown to admire, like you or Risako couldn't mend those fences, it really doesn't bode well for my chances..." Miko half-heatedly smiled to help alleviate the mood.

"But I do remember how...well...unpopular the president of the company was back then. There just always seemed to be rumors swirling around him. None of them very flattering. I suppose once he fastened his grip around you, some of that animosity towards him rubbed off on you as well. I guess, in you, he saw someone he could control...a talented rookie with the capabilities of being the best in the league. It sounded like he was manipulating you from the very start, using the championship gold and the isolation you felt in the locker room to control your actions..."
Miko stated with a somber look, growing more sympathetic with Chris' plight as the story went on.

Back to top Go down

Post by valen311 Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:42 am

Chris sighed when she heard Mikoto talk about the way things stood between herself and Suzumi.

"I think, if you act soon enough, you can reach out to Suzumi. The anger there, I don't think it's been there long enough to become true hate. Plus....I think she's afraid. Afraid that she won't ever fully recover, afraid that she'll never be as good as she was, afraid that she will have to stop doing what she loves." Chris advised. "I've seen others hurt, and have been hurt before, so I can guess at the the fear that might be going through Suzumi's head."

She shifted slightly as she listened to Mikoto's assessment of her story thus far.

"You're right, of course. He played me like I was a flute." Chris answered. "I told you that I hate Risako for her betrayal. Well, the day after our argument, she showed up at the Wrestle Angels show that was taking place and issued a challenege. She called me a coward, and a thief who had stolen a title and demanded I face her for it. I was furious. Despite the president telling me not to, I accepted her challenge. I was beaten. Utterly defeated. I got in a few hits, but...Risako taught me much of what I knew at the time. She knew my weaknesses, and I was so angry i wasnt thinking clearly. After she had beaten me, I was kneeling, still in a rage, and she leaned down and said something to me. Nobody else heard it, and I never told anyone else until now."

She let her eyes meet Mikoto's
"She said 'Chris, you made me choose between you and them. And I chose them. I will always choose them.' Then, she roundhouse kicked me in the head and laid me out. That's the betrayal I spoke of. In the end, she choose you and the other Wrestle Angels over me, and the love that we had. She sacrificed us for you...all of you. And...I havent forgiven her for that."

valen311

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:16 am

There was a solemn silence in the air as Chris continued to unravel her tragic past. The sounds of swaying branches and chirping birds settling down and allowing her words to be delivered unobstructed. Mikoto reflected greatly on her past interactions with Suzumi and how much of what Chris said related to her. That Suzu's fear had indeed been eating away at her this entire time, like a slow burn that eventually reached it's boiling point...

"Risako...always was one to put herself in that guardianship role. To me, it was always one of the traits I admired most about her. I just never imagined what she would sacrifice for it..." Miko briefly looked away from Chris to recall her last interaction with Risako and her motherly demeanor. "You...mentioned earlier that the hate Suzu may have towards me...may not have yet festered into anything permanent. And that I may yet still have an opportunity to reach her. Am I...just being delusional if I suggest that the same may be said of you and Risako? I mean, have you tried explaining how the President was manipulating you from the start?!" Miko caught herself raising her voice before settling back down and taking a breath.

"...*sigh*...I'm sorry. It's just...if you say there's still hope for me and Suzu...than I have to believe that the same could be said for you and Risako...somehow."
Miko had a saddened look to her eyes as she peered down towards the table. The silver lining in Chris' story was becoming more difficult to find as time went on. Though as she looked down, she noticed her check still sitting on the table and the cast on Chris' arm. "Is all this why you're so dead set on seeking redemption? Is shielding us from Hibiki your way of making up for your past naivety....and to show Risako that you always cared for us as well?"

Back to top Go down

Post by valen311 Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:00 am

Chris looked up as Mikoto's voice rose, raising an eyebrow at the priestess. The shrine maiden had a point though. Much time had passed since the events that originally drove Chris and Risako apart. While Chris mentioned that the time had cemented her and Risako's animosity for each other, perhaps the reverse could be true, and the two could reach an understanding. After all, to Chris it felt like, in their last match, the two women had vented their rage and frustration on each other. Perhaps a truce could finally be declared?

As Chris thought about that, Mikoto went on speaking. The Californian noticed the Asian's eyes went to the check, then her cast as she spoke.

"I...well, that's part of it." Chris replied. "To make up for my past ignorance. For being near blind. As for proving anything to Risako however...honestly nothing I've done has been for her. I didn't even know she was here in the AFW until I ran into her in the gym's locker room one day. Although, after that meeting, gaining a measure of payback against Risako became another reason for me being here. I had prove to her that I wasn't the same woman I was then, that I had grown, and become far stronger than the person she defeated in the ring all those years ago. Granted, I beat her in our match at Summer Splash, but....it was a narrow victory at best. I mean, I won, but she definitely inflicted far more damage on me than I did on her. Although she had a look in her eyes I didn't like after that match. I don't know....something felt odd afterwards..."

valen311

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Mikoto sincerely hoped she wasn't allowing her hopeful optimism to misinterpret the current status of Chris' relationship with Risako. She very well could have misjudged the situation, and their may just be no plausible chance of the two of them at least reconciling their differences for the sake of the love they once had. But if Miko was going to move forward with any chance of salvaging the remnants of her own friendship with Suzu...some illogical idealism may end up going a long way.

Miko glanced outside once more, reflecting on what Chris mentioned and perhaps finally coming to terms with what she needs to do. It was an uncomfortable truth she buried deep within her subconscious, only having resurfaced during her matches with Suzu during their more intense moments.

...she's wants to defeat Suzu. She may have wanted it all along. Absolutely not out of any contempt for her friend, but to rightfully seek acknowledgment as an equal competitor from her. It seems like her words had stopped reaching Suzu long ago anyway...the Tsunami apparently not wanting to interact with her anymore unless it's within the confines of a squared circle. But giving her this one final match may be Miko's last method of breaking through that stubborn shell of hers. While also surpassing someone she once regarded as a cherished mentor.

"Hmm...I guess we both may still have a chance to rebuild our burnt bridges. But thank you, Chris. For confiding so much in me..."
Miko calmly stated before gradually rising back up and walking towards Chris. "I've decided that...as much as this money could mean to me and my family....I can't possibly accept such a gift. Unless...it's coming from a place of friendship. A gift from one friend to another. One that I would be eternally grateful for, and one that doesn't come from any need to seek redemption..." Miko smiled warmly down at Chris, quite literally extending a hand of friendship towards the Phenom to help her off the cushion and back to her feet.

Back to top Go down

Post by valen311 Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:49 am

Chris felt her mind reel when Mikoto began speaking. She was already starting to organize her arguments to try and change the priestess's mind when she spoke of the money being a gift of friendship, instead of a penance.

The blonde looked at the hand Mikoto extended towards her. Chris hadn't returned to wrestling in order to befriend from her old league. Or anyone, in general. Still, she had found a friend in Valley, a fellow wrestler California. And even though she hadn't been looking for it, it seemed as if she found another in Mikoto, despite everything.

Reaching out, she took the hand with her good arm, getting back to her feet.
"Then....as a friend, I'm asking you Mikoto, take this check. Use it to help your shrine, and your family." Chris answered when she was fully standing.

valen311

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next