by Deus001 Today at 6:38 pm

» Trini "Starshine" Carazo vs. Ayane "Empress" Yamamoto
by Daaharu Today at 4:16 pm

» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Yesterday at 10:27 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 76 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 3 Bots

Teenwrestler

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Tension/MvM/MvF

Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 am by TheLoneWanderer

As a first outing for this rebooted account, I'd like to engage some opponent in a matroom, or something equivalent, with a focus on BJJ, Catch Wrestling, MMA, etc. It can range from actual training (preferably of the character I play but I can do yours even if I'd like further teaching for BJJ.) to an extreme match. Either way, message me if you wanna bite. While I do like femdom and all that, I will do my best to treat any participants equally.

You can pick either Senji or Hiroyuki but I'm …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Topic: Wrestling?

+26
Gwyndolin
321Shazam
SleeperAgent94
LunarWolf
vhamelin
TiefBlau
rhapsody
LtLukas
valen311
FlameofHope
Teenwrestler
Kitten
Bluemouse
Kelsea
LARIATO
Harrier
kerflubble
Deus001
Milk
Lobo
Tatyina
Maxy
Old_Man_Tai
HighFly
Alexandra
killcarrion
30 posters

Page 40 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 70 ... 100  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 40 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Harrier Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:49 am

Regarding the moveset, Bret Hart was also said to have the same moveset over and over again(10 Strikes in the corner, Russian Legsweep, Kick in the stomach, headbutt, Backbreaker if opponent is light enough, piledriver, elbow from the second rope, Sharpshooter) but people knew that he could show additional, great stuff at the PPV. At PPVs, he additionally showed the legdrop, suicide dive, dropkick, victory roll, back suplex, side suplex, bulldog etc etc...

It´s basically the same with Lesnar. His matches are repetetive and boring most of the time, but people hope that he will show them why he is so great and bust out a move like the shooting star press or simply buy into him as a heel that is not afraid of his own shadow like all the other heels.

Looking at Cena and his ability to bust out good moves sometimes, I think that is as true as it is false. He has indeed additional moves like the top rope legdrop and even a hurricarana with the potential to entertain people. But most of the time, they are horribly executed because he shows them about 3 times a year maybe, probably because he is so used to his 5 moves of doom(side suplex, five knuckle shuffle, flying shoulderblock, AA) matches. I skip most of his stuff anyway, so he can stay on Raw as long as he is not the center of Raw, that´s just horrible.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:14 pm

The springboard stunner that Cena busted out at 'mania was cool as hell though.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:19 am

https://medium.com/@JustinRoberts/believe-half-of-what-you-see-and-portions-of-what-you-hear-296f34743af4
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:15 am

Today I listened to Ariel Helwani's podcast, where he interviewed Tom Lawler. The first 20 minutes or so was them going over WM and stuff. They're both huge pro wrestling geeks, Ariel was a pro wrestling journalist before he discovered MMA and he was once in line for a job in creative at TNA. Tom Lawler dabbles in pro wrestling where he can, and would probably like doing that more than MMA at this point in his career.

It was fun listening to them talk about it because of the hybrid sort of perspective they have. Ariel geeked over the Ronda bit, while Tom was more like me (a bit luke warm).

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:08 am

Welp, this just happened: http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-04-06/aj-lee-retires-from-wwe-27262204

Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long. Maybe we'll have Charlotte or Sasha come up from NXT to replace her.

Bluemouse wrote:Today I listened to Ariel Helwani's podcast, where he interviewed Tom Lawler. The first 20 minutes or so was them going over WM and stuff. They're both huge pro wrestling geeks, Ariel was a pro wrestling journalist before he discovered MMA and he was once in line for a job in creative at TNA. Tom Lawler dabbles in pro wrestling where he can, and would probably like doing that more than MMA at this point in his career.

It was fun listening to them talk about it because of the hybrid sort of perspective they have. Ariel geeked over the Ronda bit, while Tom was more like me (a bit luke warm).

The more I think about it, the less I like the whole Ronda bit. After the initial hype wore off, it started to leave a sour taste in my mouth.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:33 am

They were saying that they held off on having her do too much so that they could build into it. Who knows. Of course, I don't know what your personal misgivings were.

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:44 am

UFC also probably didn't want to risk the chance of injury either, especially if she has any fights coming up.

Alexandra wrote:Welp, this just happened: http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-04-06/aj-lee-retires-from-wwe-27262204

Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long. Maybe we'll have Charlotte or Sasha come up from NXT to replace her.

If it was her last Wrestlmania then why was she practically asleep during the match, selling some nothing hits like death. Why not go out  in a blaze?

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:01 am

Bluemouse wrote:They were saying that they held off on having her do too much so that they could build into it. Who knows. Of course, I don't know what your personal misgivings were.
At the time, I got caught up in the moment, because I like Rousey and HOLY CRAP SHE'S MAKING HHH AND STEPH LOOK LIKE FOOLS AND THIS IS AWESOME.

But once I got over that initial hype, I was like...maaaan. We didn't need a half hour HHH promo in the middle of Wrestlemania, especially if it's going to culminate in a celebrity cameo that in the long run isn't going to go anywhere. Give that time to your actual workers during what's supposed to be their biggest night of the year.

Hey you could give some of that time to your divas that only got to put on a seven minute match. :V

killcarrion wrote:If it was her last Wrestlmania then why was she practically asleep during the match, selling some nothing hits like death. Why not go out  in a blaze?
That's what I want to know. She started the whole #GIVEDIVASACHANCE thing recently, but uh, not even caring about your last match doesn't really give the upper management a reason to actually do that.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:06 am

Not surprised AJ eventually left, though she was smart to wait till she got another fat Mania check. I'd guess she was probably planning on leaving as soon as Mania ended anyway. I mean, why leave when the company has you on top of your division and you have a chance to make a fat Mania check in the process? Plus, if she stays with WWE (they didn't say she quit WWE itself did she?) maybe she could help train divas.

You know...the thing about the whole "5 Moves of Doom" thing is that every wrestler has a number of signature moves they do in every match, back in the old school days, when indy workers hadn't yet started packing every single finisher and high flying move they ever heard of in a single match. Nobody complained back then about guys like Bret Hart and Ric Flair having a limited move set. Nobody complained about Steve Austin having a move-set that was 80 percent punching and stomping.

Point is, much as we love to complain about it, frankly a guy doesn't HAVE to have to have a big large moveset to be popular and successful, as long as he can have great matches, and Cena has had great matches. Lesnar's had them too. Saying that people watch Lesnar matches to see him do a shooting star press is kinda dumb. Aside from him having not done it since botching it at mania 19, that devalues pretty much every match he's ever had in his career.

As for Ronda...Normally I dislike when a celebrity of some kind comes in and ones up wrestlers, since it kinda devalues the guys your paying money to see when some rapper or country star or actor comes in and just tosses them around like nothing. (Hugh Jackman is the exception, cause Mizdow as Magneto was great and Hugh had Ziggler helping him)

That being said, given that Ronda is a legit fighter, a legit badass, and could probably tear apart most guys on the WWE roster, I've no issue with her tossing HHH aside. Just wish it hadn't taken 30 minutes to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:08 am

I think they produce their shows to be shows and not to be the fairest possible arrangement of their work schedules.

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 70 ... 100  Next