» Anna Sigrid(Snow)
by Deus001 Today at 6:38 pm

» Trini "Starshine" Carazo vs. Ayane "Empress" Yamamoto
by Daaharu Today at 4:16 pm

» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Yesterday at 10:27 pm

» No Pains, No Gains! (for TheLoneWanderer)
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 10:01 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 72 Guests :: 3 Bots

Deus001, SigmaMorgan

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Tension/MvM/MvF

Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 am by TheLoneWanderer

As a first outing for this rebooted account, I'd like to engage some opponent in a matroom, or something equivalent, with a focus on BJJ, Catch Wrestling, MMA, etc. It can range from actual training (preferably of the character I play but I can do yours even if I'd like further teaching for BJJ.) to an extreme match. Either way, message me if you wanna bite. While I do like femdom and all that, I will do my best to treat any participants equally.

You can pick either Senji or Hiroyuki but I'm …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Topic: Wrestling?

+25
XSirenX
Maxy
bricktown
Lobo
FlameofHope
BCG
Deus001
Cy_Man
Bluemouse
LunarWolf
Underdog21
skati
CenaFan1991
daemongirl
Alexandra
Old_Man_Tai
Kitten
KillerV
Jizzelle
UrbanChamp
kerflubble
Tatyina
TiefBlau
Admin
Harrier
29 posters

Page 4 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52 ... 100  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 4 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Alexandra Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:37 pm

It...didn't? Just because it goes a day without new posts, doesn't mean it's dead. People have lives outside of AFW, believe it or not. :P
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:15 am

Seriously.....you win the award for the most inquisitive new member we have.

Punk is a very good talker, up there with some of the best.

Lawler gets beat up at least once a year, his contract with WWE probably requires him to have a couple matches a year. Its up to them how to use them

As for it being "a kick to the family jewels"

I dunno about that, I mean, what would be the point, storyline wise, of having another wrestler face Punk in a 6 minute cage match with Punk winning?

It wouldn't add to his storyline with Cena at all, it would make whoever he beat look weak, and it wouldn't give him any heat.

So let him beat on the old man. Beating on Lawler usually gives some temporary heat because people like him.

Kane was the funniest fucking thing on Raw and one of the best parts of it last week. I loved how calm and collected he was as he went down the line of his worst, and a couple good, angles and fueds and such.

Kane is great for comedy because he doesn't force it. Santino and Ryder need the accent and over the top mannerisms to be funny, but Kane? Kane just has to be in character and talk, and funny comes out. It is epic. I wonder if his helping Ryder will lead to them becoming a tag team like he did with Hurricane 10 years ago?

Cena is Cena. Doesn't matter how many losses to Punk on PPV he has, no PPV match between them will count until Cena wins once and then Jerry Lawler can say "John Cena is the Best in the World!"

Also, Cena will never be a heel. Ever. Thats wishful thinking to the max. The guy is the top seller of merchandise, does a majority of promotional work for the company, and will always be cheered by kids. You can't turn that into a heel, because he will just continue to act exactly the same and get the same mixed reaction as always.

Damien Sandow will never get anywhere. One reason is because his finisher appears to be a neckbreaker....which 99 percent of the roster uses and 100 percent of the roster can kick out of. Way to be original.

I do like the pink tights though.

Brodus clay just makes me want Rikishi and Too Cool back.

Sin Cara, when he has a good match, shows why sometimes Lucha Libre can be cool, Most of the time, when he sucks, he shows why Lucha Libre usually sucks.

Cody Rhodes is still cool.

Triple H is "Retiring"....See you at Mania.

Brock Lesnar "quits". See you at Mania.

Vickie vs AJ was meh. Why complain about a decision when you still won? I'm waiting for Ziggles to realize that Vickie has no faith in him and dump her.

AJ is hot.

AJ Styles is hot.

Antonio Cesaro or whatever stole AJ Stlyes finisher to beat Santino for the US Title...only he added a cradle to the Styles Clash....a cradle.....on a move where a cradle serves no purpose, and should just smash your arm down on the mat like a fool.

No Big Show? I could see Big Show vs Sheamus being a title match. Might be a good one.

Didn't Mysterio get injured again?

I miss Funaki.

"SMACK-DOWN NUMBAH ONE! ANNOUNCAH!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 am

Lawler is still in good shape cause he was lucky and his own booker for the most part of his career, just look at how brocken Flair, Nash and Hogan are. And smart enough to step out of the ring in time, like Undertaker(kind of) and Michaels. Takes nothing from him being a very good wrestler and probably a tough guy, and I even like him at commentary when it's a divas match(and hate Vince when he is forced to say stupid shit like "omg, fans chanting Sheamus!" while chanting Ziggler.), but he will never be champion again in WWE, so why features him so heavily? Striker also stepped back into the ring a few times, but he is not featured this much although 10 times better than Lawler today. If it has to be a commentator, let it be Striker. And asked for a wrestler, how about Tyson Kidd, stating that he was trained by the Hitman who is the best there is, was and ever will be? What could go wrong, one time maineventing Kidd who fights valiantly but gets destroyed in the end? Ratings low? Nobody from WWE gives a shit with WWE Ratings as it seems with their horrible RAW. Nobody believed that Lawler would beat Punk anyway. And for those who did, well, bring in Ryback and let them chant Feed me more, or Brodus Clay to dance for them...

And evil King > Punk in Promos. Punk promos are good cause he's obviously a douche in RL too, so he's legit with his Heel work. Summer of Punk was awesome, last months is Cena-like boredom for me.

And I think a heel turn is inevitable some day. Hogan turned heel(brilliant by the way, would never have thought that this was possible), and Cena is Hogan 2. So lets hope they find a young superstar fans like who rises to the top. Not Sheamus, around Cena's age. Not Rob van Goldberg, would have to watch TNA exclusive then. Cena turns at least more heelish like you suggest and burries guys like Kofi with ease until that young gun challenges him and sends the old Lion in the backseat.

I like Cesaro, especially his in Ring work. This Sock vs Aksana nonsense is totally mindblowing stupid, but this feud will go its way and Cesaro move on the better opponents who are not controlled by a sock...

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:41 am

I think the entire point of the match was to beat up Jerry Lawler. Also I dunno about being heavily featured. Especially since he only gets one or two small matches a year. It's not like he's going around every week doing this.

I also think its more Heelish,for Punk to beat up an old broken down announcer who doesn't have it anymore, and knows it, then beat a young up and comer.

Also, "Punk is a douche in real life"

...Unless you actually have met Punk and know him in real life, you really shouldn't say stuff like that. Especially if your basing it all off of what you read on IWC websites.

Last edited by 143 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jizzelle Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:55 am

Tai, it's time to step away from the keyboard.
Jizzelle
Jizzelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:40 am

Well, it is probably best to say *I assume that he is a douce from what I read*, you're right. He also has not to be bff with every redneck that comes at him in a bar, but if the drums tell the truth, would it kill him to be at least polite and say something like "Listen, I need to get a rest, please leave me alone for now."?

And maybe I did really not get it, but what did he prove by beating Lawler? That he is a better wrestler than a 62 year old man? A better performer? Even if Lawler had sprouted out that Punk is best in the world right from the start, after the kick to the back of the head this angle was basically done. Ok, it made him a little more heelish, but Lawler again? Talking about tapping in the popularity of a guy that already is a legend, but how long will this fly? Or Lawler vs Cole? That's a match that haunts me in my wildest wrestling related nightmares. Lawler obviously loves his wrestling matches, but main event? Really?

Kidd gets no reaction, sad but true. But why not? Either fans are stupid or he is really boring or not featured enough, I honestly don't know. WWE is so low on over talent at the moment cause guys like Hawkins, Baretta and Tatsu get jobbed so badly and the guys they are jobbed to also fail to draw a reaction like Sin Cara or get a mixed reaction like Ryback or Clay.
I did not come up with a better guy on the run, but you could just give guys a chance with something like that:
Lets say you have a backstage segment with Punk and face Hawkins(?) instead of Lawler thinking loud at the mic for 10+ minutes. Punk brags that he is the best in the world, and Hawkins counters by saying that he was once a partner of the best in the world(Edge) and learned the finer points of the craft from him, so he is probably best in the world but does not smear that on everyones bread. Cheap pop cause of Edge, chance for Hawkins, Punk goes over after barely escaping the heat seeking elbow.

Or Slater. Maybe people want so see a guy like him, a simple hillbilly musician with the confidence of a rockstar but the wrestling ability of a jobber?

Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:55 am

Every time we end up on opposite sides like this, Im reminded of this hilarious Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask parody video of funnyness.

I think the problem is that, if you watch, we both end up seeing ourselves as Link.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxXVmLVc5uE&list=UUi308SodAEGr3jP_EM6z_Hw&index=0&feature=plcp:18td59fa]Enjoy[/url:18td59fa]

On the bright side, these are probably the most polite arguments I have ever had on the board. XD.

Back to top Go down

Post by UrbanChamp Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 pm

There are mixed reactions on the internets about Punk beating up Lawler. Some of them say it did nothing for Punk and was pointless.

And yes, Lawler was his own booker in the USWA, so that did help him age better than some of those other guys. Regardless, there are still some freaks of nature who the laws of reality just ignore for some reason. Like Mil Mascaras and his brother Dos Caras, the original Tiger Mask, Genichiro Tenryu (dunno if you've ever heard of him, but he's an all-time-great in Japanese wrestling; one tough, and I mean TOUGH, SOB), and Bob Backlund who either just dont seem to look older than 50 or they can still have good matches despite being over 60. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact they treated their bodies well and got injuries fixed or worked around them well when they still had to perform. Not letting themselves get out of shape and staying in decent condition as a lifestyle. Not abusing substances, including steroids, is another thing as well. You can tell these guys lived quite clean. I would feel sorry for a younger asshole who thinks those guys are pushovers for some "shoot" action just because they're senior citizens. I couldn't imagine getting slapped/chopped in the face full force by Tenryu...

Can you link me to some commentary done by Kane? I haven't heard any yet. I don't watch wrestling on TV. I only use youtube.

Cena COULD turn heel. Virtually every single wrestler has gone from heel to face and vice versa. I can't think of any face who hasn't. I know that some heels have remained heels for their entire careers (or a quiet and gruff neutral who you could tell would explode at the drop of a dime if someone just looked at him the wrong way), but I can't think of faces who have just remained faces.

Punk can clearly make it seem he's an asshat IRL because of how natural his promos appear to be. They almost seem like shoots. Lawler seemed to shoot most of the time he was a heel.

[quote="Jizzelle":3bvernsi]Tai, it's time to step away from the keyboard.

LOL

Last edited by 10653 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

UrbanChamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Genetic freaks like Scott Steiner? This guy turned from an amazing athlete into a Warrior Like talker but horrible wrestler with no business in a ring, and I love it whenever he spells out his nonsense(HE'S FAT!). His match with HHH was almost too embarassing to watch. But like a car crash, you can't look away. Manager maybe?

The last time when Kane was on commentary, he was just sitting there and brooded while Ryder(?) was in the ring. This segment was the extension of anger management and the best part of the last RAW.

From what I have heard Dos Caras was an awesome wrestler and his son a very over face, but as AdR he is average on the mic and good in the ring, so what happened?

Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by UrbanChamp Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 pm

[quote="Harrier":15jde7xq]Genetic freaks like Scott Steiner? This guy turned from an amazing athlete into a Warrior Like talker but horrible wrestler with no business in a ring, and I love it whenever he spells out his nonsense(HE'S FAT!). His match with HHH was almost too embarassing to watch. But like a car crash, you can't look away. Manager maybe?

The last time when Kane was on commentary, he was just sitting there and brooded while Ryder(?) was in the ring. This segment was the extension of anger management and the best part of the last RAW.

From what I have heard Dos Caras was an awesome wrestler and his son a very over face, but as AdR he is average on the mic and good in the ring, so what happened?

Steiner is just...I don't even know what to say LOL

The Caras guys are a big part of Mexican wrestling, past and present, indeed. The reason "Alberto" isn't that great over here is because he's over here, period. He's just not able to be who he is when he's uber in Mexico.

UrbanChamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52 ... 100  Next