Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Yori Today at 9:56 pm

» (-PROMO-) Zebra Woman's New Vegetable (Feat. Maria Cacti)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:11 am

» Straight Tequila Night
by Yori Today at 12:13 am

» Isabella vs Adama: Siren and Fairy
by JoggingJokes Yesterday at 6:57 pm

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Deus001 Yesterday at 9:36 am

Who is online?
In total there are 238 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 236 Guests :: 2 Bots

ARStudios2000, Underdog21

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

About Star Wars 8..;

+16
LtLukas
Lobo
Cirno
hamish1024
LunarWolf
Mystery Dragon
Old_Man_Tai
Sylvie
Link-mon
M.J.Caboose14
Vcom7418
Cy_Man
Harrier
RadiantKarna332
Serpon
acuyra
20 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

About Star Wars 8..; - Page 3 Empty Re: About Star Wars 8..;

Post by Sylvie Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:40 pm

There's a distinction between judging a person's subjective taste and judging the argument they use to explain that reaction.
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cy_Man Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:46 pm

But that's still judging others for disliking what you like, and does it even really matter? Everything will have mixed views in opinions and nothing will change that. Accept that fact and move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:52 pm

"Nothing will change."

But that's not true. I've had a lot of conversations about movies, books, games that changed my perspective. Arguments can be very productive if you have thick skin and don't tie your ego up in things too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cy_Man Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:58 pm

You totally misunderstood my words. Nothing will change on others having different opinions then you, not that nothing will change other's opinion as I have changed my opinion on things before. But Star Wars 7 and 8 are definitely not one of them. And fun fact, I have no ego at all, so nice false assumption there making it seem like I have one over a pointless back and forth argument over a fictional story that has no actual impact on your life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Link-mon Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:00 pm

It clearly has an impact on both of your lives since your here arguing about it when you can be doing...I don't know anything else?

Serena Bennet
Shooting Star sisters

any contact for a match must be made with the lovely Marissa Keyes first.

Link-mon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:01 pm

"I didn't say argument is pointless. I just said YOU arguing is pointless."

Lol, dude, chill.
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Aside from my fanboyism of the acting giant that was Christopher Lee, who is the more convincing bad guy, Khylo Ren or Count Dooku? I think it is no coincidence that the distinguished Samuel L Jackson basically begged George Lucas for a role.

Maybe it also depends on what movies you like. I like Action. I like Light Saber duells, and I like the political campaign that is silently hovering over the first three movies. Of course I also see the glaring plotholes and shitty love drama in these movies. But they have substance and the feeling that the republic is fighting the separatists for the right reasons.
And I see the same shitty love subplot in SW8 on a much lower level. I learn from the intro scroll of all places how the empire has done it again and that the republic is the usual club of dorks that blows it over and over again. It´s just anticlimatic.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Aside from my fanboyism of the acting giant that was Christopher Lee, who is the more convincing bad guy, Khylo Ren or Count Dooku?

I'll admit that Dooku was a scarier monster, but on the other hand he was little more than that. What was Count Dooku's motive? He didn't strike me as having one. He was just sort of evil for vague off-screen reasons.

Kylo is a bitch, but at least I sort of understand what drives him and how he might develop as a character.

same shitty love plot

The difference, though, is that the love plot in the prequels wasn't some subplot--it's central to everything. The prequels are Anakin's tragedy, and his tragic flaw is a pathological fear of losing those he loved. That fear explains not only his arc as a character, but the inciting incident behind almost every major conflict in the story, AND it explains where Darth Vader came from. The Republic falls because Padme.

When that love story is at "coarse sand" level of writing, that's a huge problem for the story as a whole. It makes Vader look like a bitch, it makes the Jedi order look stupid, and it kills any sense of stakes or weight to the plot.

Maybe it also depends on what movies you like. I like Action. I like Light Saber duells, and I like the political campaign that is silently hovering over the first three movies.

That's possible Smile I like plenty of shitty movies for aesthetic reasons. Like low budget horror.

I love me my low budget horror <3
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:35 pm

What drives Khylo Ren going traitor on Luke? Sleeping in front of Luke? They had two movies to explain but did not. I sensed evil and power in him is not better than Dooku turning traitor for an unknown reason. But at least we learn about Dooku that he is a former Jedi of some renown and was a Padawan of Master Yoda himself. I have no idea why Ren actually turned traitor on Luke. Did he just want to be like Vader? Father issues? Uncle issues? Grandfather issues? Vader lookalike contest winner issues? What did Snoke actually do to turn him, what did he promise him or what actually happened before Luke stood over Ren? Not a single word about that. In any case, Ren now suffers under the same problems as Vader did, the inability to defeat his old master. Both had no idea what was going on when they fought Obi Wan and Luke. I dont find that very original.

And yes, glaring plotholes will be glaring. The jedi are supremely stupid and walk with open eyes right into the trap of the emperor, they spare no expense to make Anakin as Tai said it so rightly in the discussion about SW7 into a spoiled sociopath of a prince while denying him the timely rescue of his mother. Especially Obi Wan is to blame here, he should have known first hand how important she was for him and that the rules of the Jedi can not apply without question for Anakin.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:47 pm

I have no idea why Ren actually turned traitor on Luke.

You have a point. I'm not sure what causes the original turn.

However, motive is micro as well as macro. On-screen, Kyle does what he does because he's afraid of inadequacy and powerlessness--like many a teenager or young man. This drives him to make violent and impulsive decisions to "prove himself" that inevitably backfire on him. its easy to see this tendency in SW7 in his treatment of Rey and his subordinates; it's easy to infer how such relatable insecurity might have led to the dark side; and it reaches its logical climax in SW8 when he

Spoiler:

On the other hand, what passions drive Dooku? Can we infer anything about his background from his behavior? Is his final fate or progression as a character determined by his micro-motives?

I don't see it. Where Kyla's behavior is internally consistent and logically leads to his development, Dooku seems like a plot pawn for plot sake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next