Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Nadine Hawker vs Piper Sherwood(d) - No Excuses
by Bare Today at 3:06 am

» Ready to Blow: Alizeh Midori, The Emerald Storm Vs "Cherry Bomb" Sayumi Arai
by Bare Today at 2:55 am

» Squishing a Jobber: A No DQ, Handicap, I Quit Match! Isabella & Jaqueline VS Squishy! (For Deus)
by Deus001 Today at 12:00 am

» The Stray Cat brought home
by Tarantulust Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Trials of a Hero
by Jaystar Yesterday at 10:34 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 158 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 158 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (For Old_Man_Tai)

2 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (For Old_Man_Tai) - Page 7 Empty Re: Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (For Old_Man_Tai)

Post by acuyra Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:44 pm

It wasn't long before Haley was joined in the bathroom. The door slowly creaked open and Valley's mother slid her way in, immediately centering on Haley and looking at her face through the mirror. She stayed quite and stood still with a blank expression, taking a moment before she finally found the words.

"I'm...sorry for what happened back there." She looked off to the side as her shoulders sagged, before centering back on Ace. "My daughter and husband tell me that I was acting a bit rude, back and I agree. I was. But, at the same time, I want you to understand where I'm coming from in all of this."

Back to top Go down

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (For Old_Man_Tai) - Page 7 Empty Re: Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (For Old_Man_Tai)

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Haley sighed as Valley Sr. came in and spoke from behind her. Now it was just them, and god only knew what the woman, 30 years Haley's senior, was going to say. Still, she was Valley's mother and did have the right to explain her words and actions.

Turning over, Haley leaned back against the sink, running a hand through her short hair.

"For what its worth, I'm sorry too...this wasn't the right way for you guys to find out about us."

She replied softly, before going quiet, silently indicating that she would listen to what Mrs. Wells had to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Valley Sr. was about to speak, but she stopped for a moment, stepping back and looking Ace over. A nice, hard look, as if her mind was processing a few things in full now.

After the moment passed, she visibly softened and walked over next to Ace, pouring soap into her hand. "I'm curious." She started to lather up, looking at Ace out the corner of her eye. "What would be the right way for us to find out? How else would you have went about it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Ace look surprised as Valley Sr. seemed to drop her hard expression and walked over next to her.

"Well..I would've preferred her calling and telling you over the phone first, give you guys time to understand and get used to the idea of us being together before meeting me, so you knew going in a bit of what to expect. Or, failing that, I'd have had us all meet a few more times, so you could get to know me and understand me, before we revealed it. Maybe those ways aren't perfect, but its better than finding out the day you meet me that, surprise, I've been dating your daughter for a few months."

Ace kept her position, arms crossing over her chest as the older woman washed her hands next to her.

"I'm sure you would've wanted to find out a different way then this anyway."

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Valley Sr. set the water to hot and put her hands under it, letting it wash the grease on off, nodding along while Ace spoke.

"You're a sweet girl, Ace. Haley." She smiled, an almost picture perfect replica of the same one her daughter gave to Ace so many times. "And appreciate the sentiment. But I'm not sure there's any good time to figure out that you're daughter is dating another wrestler. That's a hard thing to take no matter when it comes."

She cut the water off and went to the air dryer, curious to see if they worked any better on the east coast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Air dryers in america, while decent, were nothing compared to Japans. Japans air dryers were the bomb.

"Wait....is that what this is all about?"

Ace asked, looking confused, as she took a step away from the sink.

"Me being a girl is fine, me being 10 years younger than her is cool, but its me being a wrestler that you have a problem with? No offense Mrs. Wells, but I honestly don't see what the issue is with Valley and I sharing the same profession."

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:34 am

"Well, being honest, I would have preferred my daughter be involved with someone who was born in the same decade as she was." She pulled out a paper towel and finished drying off a few specks. "But no, I don't care all that much about that sort of thing.I know my husband doesn't. That's not the problem."

She turned to Ace and looked her in the eye, as if she could tell so much from just a simple gaze. "You're young. I'm not saying that to beat you down, it's statement of fact. So believe me when I say that I've seen others do what you're trying to do with my daughter, and it always ends. Badly. It's not just a work relationship, you're active competitors. Eventually, you will have to face each other, and if you become popular it will be sooner than later. People love controversy. They will target one of you to hurt the other. There will be times when you have to sit and watch while someone you care is being tortured in a submission hold, and you'll have to keep yourself from running to their rescue every time it happens. It's a mess waiting to happen."

She tossed the paper towel away as if she could throw the notion itself away with it. "So, I'm sorry, but I feel how I feel. And I don't feel comfortable watching Valley headed where I think she's headed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:46 am

Ace had been hoping she could think of a way to defend herself, to shoot down her arguments. But as Valley Sr. made her point, Ace found more and more that she had no answer for it. She couldn't think of any response, instead taking in Valley Sr.'s words and realizing she was right. Valley had already saved her from attacks, twice now. While they hadn't actually gone really public yet with their relationship, it was known that they were at least friends, and Valley had already, in a sense, labeled herself as Ace's protector. That could easily make any one of them a target for any of the psycho bitches that roamed AFW and wanted to use one of them as a trap for the other.

Mr's Wells was right, dead on right. How much they trained together, the fun they had together, how much they cared about each other. All of it was irrelevant compared to the truth. Ace had made Valley a target, and was putting her at risk every time they were together.

"I....uh...but.....mm..."

She stammered a little, leaning back, eyes wide as the weight of what the woman had to say came down on her. She was right, that's all there was too it.

Last edited by 143 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Valley Sr. rubbed her shoulder and softened, approaching Ace and putting a hand on her shoulder. There was a stern truth in her voice, but compassion, too, as she looked down at the smaller wrestler.

"I can see why Valley fancies you, really. You're a sweet girl, polite, kind, cute. And having someone your age attracted to someone her age, well...well, you probably won't understand until your older, but it's very flattering." She gave Ace a little squeeze, and took on some of her daughter's comforting tone. "My daughter is old enough to make her own decisions, and I don't want to take away from that. If this is what you two want, I won't stand in your way. What's more, I'll hope that you prove me wrong. I know it doesn't sound that way, but I want Valley to be happy. That's all I've ever wanted, whatever Valley might think or say."

She let her hand slide off and started to walk out. "But at the same time, I couldn't call myself a good parent if I didn't warn you. I really hope I'm wrong, but I also really don't think I am."

Last edited by 12547 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Ace just said nothing as Valley Sr. finished and walked out. The girl stayed a little bit longer, collecting herself, before heading back to the table.

The rest of the visit went by easily and quickly, if a bit quietly, Valley and her father doing most of the talking, catching up, with Valley Sr. offering a few quips or bits of advice. Ace stayed quiet most of the rest, blaming it on a sore throat when asked. Eventually, as they paid their bill and began to part ways, she showed some life again, giving Mr. Wells a hug while simply shaking Mrs. Wells hand, seeming to avoid her gaze.

The rest of the day went as planned, relaxing and sleeping early and such. VD seemed to notice Ace was bothered by something, but didn't bring it up, probably writing it off as nerves for their match. While Ace was nervous about it, what really got to her was the idea that she had made her mentor a target, and that their opponents were more than certain to use that to their advantage. The thought troubled her as she slept.

Either way, whatever happened, tomorrow they would be tested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7