Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» SRW: Journey to the Lizard Folk Fighters!
by Old_Man_Tai Yesterday at 11:47 pm

» Reforging the Heart (For Yori)
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» Senji Takijima - Stains of Time - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Yesterday at 5:43 am

Who is online?
In total there are 163 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 163 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

SRW: Warning from the Warden

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SRW: Warning from the Warden - Page 2 Empty Re: SRW: Warning from the Warden

Post by threedee Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:46 am

".  .  ."

Hera remained silent, her gaze shifting downwards as she contemplated the offer. The warden wasn't wrong- It was everything she could possibly want in her life. Everything she's been working towards since she could walk and talk. This would be nothing short of a dream come true- Which only added to her trepidation. It's not like she hadn't read countless fables as a child about this exact thing: A charismatic enigma offering her the world. She remembers how those end up- With the person on the receiving end losing everything.

But it's not like she has anything to lose, right?

Well...

Her pupils shift over to Hermes- Who was smart enough to know he should keep his mouth shut right now. But his body language was more than enough- Arms crossed and face twisted with worry, he locked eyes with Hera and stared for a moment... Before shrugging his shoulders. As if to say 'it's up to you'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:16 pm

“Hera, did you know you’re easy to read~?”

Eros was well aware of the old saying “If something is too good to be true, it usually is” and it was a saying she herself believed. Nothing is ever free in this world and if anyone said otherwise they were probably lying. At least Hera had a head on her shoulders that had a bit of sense. She didn’t jump at the offer like others that worked with Eros, and was clearly thinking these things through. Hera peered at Eros like she was the devil asking the gladiator for her soul in exchange for her dreams. While Eros had certainly been called such a name in the past, she really did not care for such one-sided deals. She was a Warden, not a crook.

“It's alright…You’re looking for pitfalls in this deal. I understand that, really I do~ So, how about instead I tell you my plans?” Eros asked with a tilt of her head. “If we are going to work together, then I won’t keep you in the dark. See, my initial plan is simple~ I’m going to promote your victory over the Gem Queen through every available piece of media! Through both magical and technical means. I’ve done some work building Gem as a villain already, so building you up won’t be too tough. After that comes interviews, a few matches I’ll arrange along with some proper training, and then implementing some new techniques for you.”

It was a simple media boost plan. A broad stroke strategy where Eros could iron out proper details once everyone was in agreement. Of course, it would depend on getting to know Hera. Eros already had a troubling champion underneath her wing, and if Hera was as much trouble the bakeneko might start getting headaches.

“But, there are negatives. If I’m going to build you up, then I am going to remove anything that can portray your image as…less than stellar. Like Hermes, who is practically a walking controversy waiting to happen. The sheer amount of enemies he has in Tsubar alone is almost comical~ And if you keep hanging around him, all of his bad press is going to be pushed onto you.”

The bakeneko let that thought linger in the air before giving both friends a shrug.

“I know you two are close, and so I’m opening up my concerns and plans for both of you~ Of course, I will present you proper details later down the line if we move forward, but if either of you have questions or concerns…”

A large, warm grin split across Eros’s face as her golden disk eyes flicked between the two.

“Please feel free to ask me, or each other what you’d like to know.”

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by threedee Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:05 pm

Dammit.

Hera just barely stopped herself from groaning when she got called out, but- True to Eros' word on her readability- The annoyed glint in her eye was unmistakable. And a hiiint of embarrassment from being so predictable. But as soon as Eros began to lay out her plan, Hera perked up and both she and Hermes listened attentively, nodding along like polite students giving their full attention to their mentor.

Hermes was quick to pick up on what the Warden was putting down- Widespread marketing. A bit direct and cliché for his tastes, but hey, he knows well enough there's effectiveness in simplicity. And while he has his hookups, his tendrils into various circles couldn't come near the Head Warden herself- The only one who could even come close to her in that regard is the Overseer. He softly hums in approval of everything he hears...

Until she brings up the negatives.

Instinctively Hermes opens his mouth to defend himself. "Hey, I--!" Then immediately again, he paused and looked down in thought. Eros was... far from wrong about his reputation preceding him. But still, he couldn't just sit back and let himself get tossed out like a piece of trash! "If ya don't want me to be on-screen anymore, I can get that- But at least lemme stick around as Hera's agent, yeah? Make sure she ain't getting screwed--"

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:27 am

“Oh? Is there something you can do to prevent such a thing from happening that I cannot?” Eros cut in, interrupting Hermes before letting the question hang in the air. For once, the Warden wasn’t trying to sound mean towards Hermes. In fact, she gave him a rather soft expression as she let the truth of the matter sink in. She had contacts and procedures to help keep her employees safe, and probably more lawyers and lawmakers in her back pocket than Hermes had seen throughout his entire life. Eros had eyes on almost everything, or at the very least appeared so.

Once the moment lingered on long enough, Eros sighed. Almost as if she hated breaking the bad news.

“Hermes, I know you consider Hera a friend and want to stay by her side…but the fact is, you have to be realistic. It's not just about hiding you from cameras and screens. It’s your habits, as well. If Hera gets put on top, then her agent would become a rather powerful figure in the industry, understand? That power comes with quite a bit of responsibility, Hermes…And I’m worried you might go back to your less truthful way of doing business. Backroom deals, gambling, promises…All of that can bring about an unwanted scandal towards Hera and make things look darker than they are. After all, the public loves to see someone fall. And I know it would tear you apart if you had any hand in ruining Hera’s dream.”

Eros’s tone was soft, but authoritative. She gave the impression that she had seen such a scenario unfold before many times and when she approached Hermes, the chilly atmosphere was nowhere to be found. She simply reached out and patted his shoulder, giving him a kind smile.

“Trust me…your hard work in keeping Hera safe from those backroom snakes will not have gone to waste. I’d watch over her~ And for your work, I’d be happy to throw in a sort of severance package that will keep you comfortable for a while. Hera will live her dream, and you’ll get to watch it in a nice, cozy little nest egg.”

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by threedee Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:38 pm

Hermes almost flinched as Eros set a hand on his shoulder- He can't place his finger on why, but something about Eros showing compassion for his plight stung a bit worse then when she was hurling thinnly-veiled threats and insults his way. At least then, he could chalk it up to her just hating his guts- An antagonist to pin his woes to. But now, with her somewhat on his side, the only thing he was facing was himself...

Well, figuratively. In the literal sense, he could look over Eros' shoulder and see Hera- Looking on with a stitched brow, and her lips pursed.

Hermes sighed.

"Look, I... I really appreciate the sentiment. Nine time out of ten, I'd take that severence package and book it, and you'd never hear from me again. But..." Hermes paused for a moment, his eyes shifting away for a second- Before locking again with the warden, determination in his gaze. Or was that desperation...? "But Hera and I have been partners for years now, and we've helped each other through thick and thin. I want Hera to reach the top, more than anything in the world, but I can't just leave her high and dry now- It'd kill me as much as it'd kill her."

"At least give me something I can do here- Put me in finance, put me in media, hell I'll even be your little errand boy, smile on my face. Just- Gimme something so Hera and I can still at least talk to one another, yeah?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:36 pm

The Warden’s soft appearance didn’t change as Hermes tried to consider his position carefully. Eros maintained her posture and patience…waiting for Hermes' response as he worked the situation through in his head. Though her back was turned to Hera, Eros was listening for any sort of noise from the Gladiator. If Hera had something to say, she could. After all, Eros’s deal was with her rather than Hermes. Ultimately this was all her decision, but the bakeneko could understand being close with someone and doing right by them. Perhaps in listening to Hermes' decision, it would speed up Hera’s own thought process as a result. After all, the way Hermes kept peeking behind Eros, she had the feeling the two were exchanging glances.

And as a result, Hermes would give his answer. He wanted to stay with Hera anyway he could! The look in his eyes was pitiful compared to the sleek, sharp gaze he normally tried to give Eros. At least he tried to hide it a bit, so Eros didn’t hold it against him. Instead, she listened to his request. Eros would look over her shoulder to see if Hera felt the same way, and from the looks of things the gladiator had a similar sentiment to Hermes. Eros let loose a tired sigh before walking into a nearby corner, looking as though she was pondering something.

Smile on my face…

After a moment, Eros would face them both, a happy smile on her face as she was almost beaming.

“Perhaps I can find a spot for you after all, Hermes…though, only if you two are both absolutely sure. Tsubar does have cellular devices. You could always chat that way…”

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by threedee Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:40 am

The both of them stood with baited breath as Eros pulled away to contemplate their request. They would never admit it, but this has been the most nerve-wracking experience they've had in SRW behind the Gem Queen fight, just a hour ago. This has certainly been a rollercoaster of a day for the two... It all felt like a strange dream. And it felt like things were on the verge of shifting into a nightmare--

When the bakeneko turned and flashed that sugary sweet smile of hers. Thank every deity there is, she's willing to accept it! A tsunami of relief washed over both the demons, with Hermes pumping his fist and Hera grinning for the first time since Eros' arrival!

"I think we're sure, ma'am- We'd prefer to see each other in person than over the phone. I'm sure you understand..."

Hermes meanwhile stepped forward with that classic, buttery chuckle of his, grinning wide and baring his razor teeth as he offered a hand for Eros to shake. "Miss Zuul, I promise you will not regret this- I think this is the beginning of a beautiful partnership!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:33 pm

With Eros’s decision, all of the tension seemed to slip right out of the room. Hera and Hermes relaxed, smiling and even celebrating with fists pumps and happy glances towards each other. Hera even seemed to relax to the point of polite conversation, going so far as to refer to Eros as “Ma’am”. Something the Warden would have never expected from her. The Bakeneko let them celebrate with each other, maintaining her smile until Hermes approached her with an outstretched hand. Her golden disks peered at Hermes with a hint of curiosity as he promised a great partnership between them. The yokai held his gaze for a moment, her smile unwavering before she gently reached down and clasped his hand. Her delicate looking fingers wrapped around his hands with a softness like silk sheets, but her grip was surprisingly tight as she shook his hand.

“Of course~ I’m excited to get you started, Hermes. I’ll be sure to start you off early, sometime next week. You’ll receive your assignment then. But, until that comes, why not enjoy yourselves? After all, you’ll both become busy in the coming weeks.”

Releasing Hermes, Eros would turn away, heading out towards the door with a cheerful tune slipping through her teeth in a happy hum.

“Oh, if either of you have any questions, contact my Acolyte, Cirkot. He’ll help you until I see you again.”

With that, Eros would slip out the door and disappear around its frame. Leaving Hera and Hermes alone with one another to celebrate their promotions. They were happy to be able to work closely with each other, and Eros decided to let them enjoy that idea for a while. After all, she was in a very good mood herself! So much so that she let her real smile slip onto her face in the empty hallways.

Truly, this must be the work of the Overseer himself~

Truthfully, the bakeneko did not care one way or the other how the deal went. Had the deal fallen through, Eros could easily prove she did her very best to keep her end of the bargain and lay the blame at Hera’s feet. The only thing it would have cost Eros was the time it took to hear Hera say “No deal” and the Warden would have been on her way. But now, she had Hermes under her thumb. It wouldn’t be hard to keep Hera busy with her marketing duties while Eros had some fun with Hermes…

“I’ll find a spot for you, Hermes~” She chuckled to herself, “A nice, cozy little spot in the Nomu’s feeding bowl.”

To be continued...

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2