Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» (-PROMO-) Zebra Woman's New Vegetable (Feat. Maria Cacti)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:11 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 3:58 am

» Straight Tequila Night
by Yori Today at 12:13 am

» Isabella vs Adama: Siren and Fairy
by JoggingJokes Yesterday at 6:57 pm

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Deus001 Yesterday at 9:36 am

Who is online?
In total there are 247 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 246 Guests :: 2 Bots

CrashTestDumbass

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (A legit Wrestling anime)

+25
Dynamo44
TheWamts
Imhotep
Old_Man_Tai
Lobo
Thestupidgeek
TekRobo
FairyGirl
kerflubble
IndigoDragon
Deus001
KillerV
saikyoDRAGON
Kitten
Teenwrestler
Bluemouse
tbbuccaneer02
Kounoko
daemongirl
XSirenX
Tatyina
LunarWolf
Underdog21
Alexandra
Cy_Man
29 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (A legit Wrestling anime) - Page 11 Empty Re: Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (A legit Wrestling anime)

Post by Dynamo44 Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:49 am

[quote="Kitten":7216bdpg]Wooooo. I love fan service. Fuck plots, plots are overrated.

I just hope they move from Bostoncrabbing to ceilingholding

Hmm...yeah, sometimes the importance of plots are a little too overrated nowadays.

The World of Dynamo
Dynamo44
Dynamo44

Back to top Go down

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (A legit Wrestling anime) - Page 11 Empty Re: Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (A legit Wrestling anime)

Post by Alexandra Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:52 am

I like fanservice, but not meaningless fanservice. I much prefer for there to be SOMETHING backing it up, some kind of a plot there. It doesn't have to be a five star, triple A perfect story or anything, but there has to at least be some effort there.

An idol repeated getting put into a Boston crab for five minutes at a time and never escaping? Yawn. I'll pass.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderFox Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:56 am

Wait... someone actually tried to find a plot in this? Can I just go out on a limb and ask why? I don't think anyone can honestly say they watched the trailer and said "... yep, I sense a deep and amazing plot... worth the watch."

Back to top Go down

Post by Cy_Man Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:01 am

Why should I explain when no one won't listen when I already did try to explain in a plain and simple way which fell on deaf ears? Besides it's already clear Alex hates my guts by calling me a drama queen and Blue, I never said that, at ALL. I could care less and be alright with people not liking something I like or liking something I hate, it's just when I try to explain about it and no one listens, ignores it and don't take it seriously, thats when I stop trying to bother like when I tried to explain the bullshit in Touhou Tag Dream one time. But I'll try ONE MORE TIME and give you the long version if you really want me to.

You want to know my secret? I never focused on the fanservice ONCE, which is why I can see how great of a series this is. Something of which EVERYONE has failed to do.

[quote="Alexandra":1y5yb3c2]Oh yes, the great plot.

An idol gets stuck in a Boston crab for twelve hours. So gripping. So intense.
[quote="Alexandra":1y5yb3c2]An idol repeated getting put into a Boston crab for five minutes at a time and never escaping? Yawn. I'll pass.
First off, it's not JUST the damn Boston Crab and the more you say that proves you never watched it because she DOES escape, it has a WIDE variety wrestling moveset that expands as the series progressed. The best quality of this series is Sakura's character development, she first started wrestling just to beat Rio to restore her Idol Group's honor and nothing else, but with all the hardships and difficulties she dealt with she lost hope until she had the sparring match with Misaki Toyoda and forced herself beyond her limits to improvise to try and escape from the Boston Crab and learn to never give up and endure. That was the main idea for the first half of the series, with Sakura learning the hard way and eventually coming to fully understand wrestling and come to love it while becoming a true wrestler.

[quote="Thestupidgeek":1y5yb3c2]probem for most people in the afw, is that they believe it is a manga about boston crab and for some it's an annoying move
but I like this idea,
the main character, is a newbie, so as she underestimate pro wrestling, she lose... so easy to give up ^_^
it make sekai de ichiban more realistic

and once she manage to train, and resist, all the match are more interessting ^_^

As far as the wrestling matches themselves, they were great. It was very fluent and I felt like I was watching a real wrestling match since I felt tension over what was happening as well as the hype when the one you root for wins or loses and with the submissions they were very well animated to look antagonizing and very painful like Jackal's Bow and Arrow submission. The details on the art during the matches was such as seeing bruises, sweat and at one time blood on the girls as they got hurt. The voice acting during the matches were surreal to me since they felt so realistic that it sent a chill down my spine to worry about who was trapped and hurt.

I will admit that the 3rd episode was the worst in the series since it showed all of Sakura's failures and made her be a complete sorry and hopeless sight, but the rest of the series makes up for it tremendously in many ways.

Is this good enough for you, or should I say more?

Last edited by 11297 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:07 am

[quote="CybeastGregarX":1yqal6z0]Why should I explain when no one won't listen when I already did try to explain in a plain and simple way which fell on deaf ears? Besides it's already clear Alex hates my guts by calling me a drama queen and Blue, I never said that, at ALL. I could care less and be alright with people not liking something I like or liking something I hate, it's just when I try to explain about it and no one listens, ignores it and don't take it seriously, thats when I stop trying to bother like when I tried to explain the bullshit in Touhou Tag Dream one time. But I'll try ONE MORE TIME and give you the long version if you really want me to.
First off, I never said I hated you. Don't put words in my mouth. Secondly, read what you wrote earlier and then tell me you're not being a drama queen again...

[quote="CybeastGregarX":1yqal6z0]"Gain +20 Depression points"
That's the very definition of trying to be a drama queen.

I'll let you guys who have seen more of the series than I have handle the rest of his post.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderFox Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:09 am

[quote="CybeastGregarX":m7jro761]... Besides it's already clear Alex hates my guts by calling me a drama queen...

I just kinda wanna stop you right here by saying that, I like to think that we're a pretty accepting community here. That said, I'm fairly certain that Alex doesn't hate you. He simply stated an opinion.

Though, not to add wood to the flame, but the fact that you'd think that Alex hates you just because he disagrees with you is pretty drama queen... ish... pretend that's a word for the sake of my argument.

No disrespect. We all like what we like. If you like this, then by all mean, like it. But don't get offended just because the rest of us don't see the "plot" that you see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cy_Man Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:19 am

Alex, I added that because I'm already suffering from depression thanks to the death of my aunt via Lung Cancer and I got more depressed when I tried to give everyone the news of this to do em a great favor and instead I got negative reception which I completely did NOT expect considering the stuff we do here ALONE. It's like if I advertised the next PvP of WWE in major hype and no one was interested.

Besides, I wasn't even INTENTIONALLY trying to do so... and it's as if I cannot do stupid stuff like Siren's trolling on the WHAT MADNESS IS THIS thread along with everyone else who does something random like your "Thunderdome" greeting for newbies...

And again, I wasn't offend at the disagreeing or you guys not liking Sekatsuyo. I tried to explain and again like THIS one, NO ONE listened and simply ignored it as if I had no idea what the fuck I was talking about. All that for nothing...

Last edited by 11297 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:20 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:26 am

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss gregar, but don't ever use the misfortune of your loved ones as leverage. It's cheap, to you and to the people you care about.

Now, for real, settle down or gtfo. You're excited about this anime, almost everyone else thinks it's shit. That doesn't sound like an insurmountable obstacle. Your life will go on. As for all that work you put in to bring it to us... Well, just stop it. Linking an anime isn't "all that" for anything.

Most people here do care about most people here, enough to tell you to settle the fuck down.

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:27 am

In the interest of keeping the peace, Cybeast, I'm going to bow out of this thread before I say the wrong thing and escalate this further than it's already gone.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderFox Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:34 am

While I'm sure everyone here sympathizes with your personal life troubles, that's no reason for you to get mad or upset at us. No one here was getting mad or upset at you. You like this show, and tried to show us why. We may not see what you see, but that doesn't mean we don't respect your fondness for the show. Everyone here has different taste in anime.

Example, one of my favorite Anime is One Piece. I could go on and on and on about why I think it's the greatest thing ever since Santa shaped cookies, but that doesn't mean ANYONE on here will agree, or should. Would I be offended? Absolutely not. Because I know everyone here has different tastes on what they consider makes a good plot.

So, just because we don't agree that this show is any good in the least, doesn't mean you should get upset or feel like your words went unheard. We get it, you like it, and you shouldn't feel bad because you couldn't convince us to as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next