by TheLoneWanderer Today at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Today at 7:52 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 5:43 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Kairi Kamiya vs. Elizabeth "Riza" Hawkeye
by Yori Today at 1:11 am

Who is online?
In total there are 154 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 151 Guests :: 2 Bots

CrashTestDumbass, SigmaMorgan, TheLoneWanderer

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

The weirdest of business meetings

Go down

The weirdest of business meetings Empty The weirdest of business meetings

Post by Iceman Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Some months ago...

Estelle woke up that morning early. It hadn’t been much since she moved to Japan but the comfort her attic offered was enough for the woman not to feel homesick. Of course everything was different and she needed to get used to a lot of differences between her European and the Japanese culture, but it was a challenge she was ready and eager to tackle. With some energy to her she activated her coffee machine and stepped into the shower. The Swiss always loved taking some time under the falling water so she felt it was better to start the day early in other to enjoy some shower time. When she was done with that she stepped out of the bathroom just to be welcomed by the smell of freshly made coffee. Estelle slowly sipped her coffee while looking at the skyline from her windowed walls. It was a wonderful vista after all, and the brunette felt like she couldn’t ever get tired of it.

But in the end the Swiss had started her day earlier than usual because of something. Estelle had an appointment that morning so after her coffee she just left the cup on the dishwasher and began getting ready. She started browsing her closet in order to find some clothes that were casual but still displayed her elegance. After all her appointment was a business one. It was only days ago since she started negotiating with the AFW to become one of the federation new wrestlers and she just got a call from a woman asking for a meeting. Estelle decided on some tight fitted brown pants and a scarlet blouse with a trenchcoat on top, of course with her green earrings that went with her eyes. When she was ready she just stepped out of home.

The weirdest of business meetings YQAMg8Xlv8sRV68Ah0g0GbApoDpzAzjR4vRsJoVLYv4YAv8FpbQyY17aWQz0uN5lI0aK8bgQUISmucv43WuDuf5Nacs7R3TFXn4dtUYN5fuw4xajZ10lIFiBgO7Pr2ZiTWSGEgrhpPhJMlbIJjZX1A

For a business meeting it was going to be held in a weird place in the city: just in the middle of a park. In any other country Estelle would have said all that matter smelled fishy but she trusted Japan’s safety. After all, she was going to a public space in broad daylight so she wasn’t afraid, but curious about this person who wanted to meet her. She didn’t know what to expect, but what she found when reaching the park’s center wasn’t something she could have thought about.

A woman quickly noticed her and starting walking towards Estelle. She had short over the shoulder black hair and a serious look to her, but she was really beautiful. She was wearing white straight pants and a black blouse with a white jacket on top. She walked confidently and with some grace that Estelle instantly recognized: the woman had modelled at least once.

At last Masako’s appointment had arrived. Just in time, not like the manager in the making had any complains, it is just she always was on place a little before the scheduled time. She knew only the name of Estelle Arnault and she found a quite tall and slender woman wearing an elegant outfit and walking in a way that showed elegance and also outgoing behaviour. She walked towards the woman and greeted with a traditional bow at the same time she gave the brunette one of her brand new business cards.

Masako Fujikawa

Talent Manager

“It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Arnault. Would you like to sit or to walk while I discuss why I brought you here?” The Swiss signaled a bank so both of them sat. “First, let me introduce myself. My name is Masako Fujikawa and I am a manager. Please forgive the location of our meeting but I don’t have a proper office yet. The landlords had some difficulties and couldn’t give me access to the place in time.”

“Nice to meet you Ms. Fujikawa. As you already know I am Estelle Arnault. Nice to meet you and don’t worry, I just was puzzled at first since it is a strange way to engage conversation.”

“It is also strange to see the heir to the Arnault bank in Japan, but do not worry about me: I won’t make any questions about it. In fact, I wanted to talk with you about how you are trying to negotiate some contract with the AFW. Please don’t be fooled by my lack of office I know my trade well and I thought you could use a manager dealing with all the formal matters, ensuring you get the best out of it. After all, no one is happy if they sign a contract that leaves them in disadvantage, and with show business like pro wrestling and the more… private practices the AFW does it could be catastrophic to be locked in an abusive contract.”

Estelle raised her brow before responding. She was aware that Masako spoke truly, but there was something on her mind that troubled the Swiss. “What you say is true Ms. Fujikawa, but why me? And how did you know my identity beforehand?”

Masako cleared her throat as she looked at Estelle with a reassuring gaze. “Please, forgive me if you felt this as an intrussion in your matters. I just got notice from a scouter for the AFW and came to you, and coming from business school as I come one knows the Arnault bank. The rest was connecting your family name to Jean Pierre Arnault’s only daughter. I didn’t want to meddle in your affairs nor get advantage from your position.”

Estelle relaxed her shoulders a bit. The raven haired woman looked sincere. “Alright, I’m sorry I jumped into conclusions like that but I’m not happy when people relate me like that to all the family business. As you can see I’m trying to make a living for myself.”

“Yes, and I respect that. That is the reason I came to you. I don’t doubt your talent or your intelligence Ms. Arnault, but I know how deals are made in Japan and I want my opportunity as well. If you make me your manager I will defend your interests and deal with the complicated matters while you focus on your wrestling career. I just want to make my own career take off, please don’t think there is ill intent in my ways.”

Estelle nodded while thinking about it. The woman looked sincere and competent. She didn’t look like a charlatan at all and since it was true she was going to need someone who knew Japanese law in order to progress in the country it was a sensible choice to get her services. “Well, you speak truly and having you as a manager could be a very advantageous thing, but let me state my condition: if you start representing me I would expect you to offer support on any business deal I cannot have all the information because of cultural shock, but I also know echonomics and businesses, so even if you would take care of that I don’t want to turn my back on those matters. You would keep me informed about anything before making any important decisions. If you are ok with that I don’t see anything preventing myself from working with you.”

Masako was seen as a cold woman in business, but she couldn’t help but grin. She expected the only heir to the Arnault empire to be a rotten spoiled child, but Estelle wasn’t only a beautiful and elegant woman, she was also smart and competent. Yes, the kind of person she would enjoy working for. “It seems like we have a deal then.” Both women went for a handshake as a formal sign of agreement. “Please, let me get word from my landlords and then I will reach you so we can meet in my new office so we can sign our contract and such. Also, let me say out of the record that it has been a pleasure meeting you and I think that we can achieve great things together.” Masako tried a smile to relax the atmosphere.

Estelle responded with the same vibe. “Oh yes, I expect so eagerly to hear from you Ms. Fujikawa. I have the feeling both of us can progress in this complicated world if we put our effort to it.”

Back to top Go down