Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» (-PROMO-) Zebra Woman's New Vegetable (Feat. Maria Cacti)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:11 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 3:58 am

» Straight Tequila Night
by Yori Today at 12:13 am

» Isabella vs Adama: Siren and Fairy
by JoggingJokes Yesterday at 6:57 pm

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Deus001 Yesterday at 9:36 am

Who is online?
In total there are 148 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 148 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Your opinion is extremely important

3 posters

Go down

Your opinion is extremely important Empty Your opinion is extremely important

Post by skip-stop Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:19 am

Hi hi to everyone

Here's the point. Some time ago I thought about changing my profession. In the end, I decided to try become a web developer. So I spent some time for self-education

Thus, I want to bring to your attention the new experimental «skip-stop» station!

Constructive criticism is welcome, especially in technical terms, if you have knowledge in the area of web development xD

Thanks for your attention

Peace to everyone
skip-stop
skip-stop

Back to top Go down

Your opinion is extremely important Empty Re: Your opinion is extremely important

Post by LtLukas Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:16 am

I can help you out from an SEO perspective, but I know jack shit about web dev. Would that help?

Back to top Go down

Your opinion is extremely important Empty Re: Your opinion is extremely important

Post by skip-stop Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:10 pm

Well, in fact, I didn't plan to dive into SEO, but for general information why not
skip-stop
skip-stop

Back to top Go down

Post by Saintezis Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:25 pm

“Your opinion is extremely important”. Your naive belief that it is important atleast to someone here does not cease to amaze me, skip. Admit how many “extremely important opinion” you received after publication?)

Fine, just because of what you did for me, here's a free short code review for you.

General impression: if this is your first independent work, then it is pretty good. The design is quite simple, but everything is well structured. Adaptation at a good level, nothing is moving around and does not cut the eyes. However, there are a number of comments.

HTML:
1) 1100+ lines of code. This is tough. In principle, there is only one complaint – for each pop-up window (characters and blogs) you use a new modal window. This is wrong, it increases the amount of code too much. At a minimum, you should use the handlebars web template system, or better use the Angular / React / Vue framework right away.
2) google fonts. CDN can sometimes fail, I would place the fonts locally, there is the service with web fonts, try it.
3) jQuery. Pulling an entire library for a few features is a dubious decision. At a minimum, I would also place jQuery locally. And better, I would make all the same features on the base js and css.
4) ids. I would not recommend using ids at all. But since you use them in jQuery, this can be forgiven.
5) monotony. Too many divs. Use more p, span and other tags.
6) sections and divs. You alternate sections and divs. I suppose you did it by logical that there should be h1/2/3/4/5 in section, otherwise the validator will swear. However, you can make a section, add h1/2/3/4/5 and then to hide it.

CSS:
1) px and rem. Strange shit, somewhere you use px, and somewhere rem, strive for one thing.
2) hard code. If you will add text somewhere, then the blocks can go somewhere far away, this must be checked in advance. For example, limit the maximum height and add overflow: hidden for a remainder.
3) object-fit. You made object-fit for the pictures on the blog, and that’s great. But why didn’t you do the same for the list of characters and for the slider in modal windows? This is the only problem with adaptation. Pictures in the list of characters and in the slider look, let's say, not very. Use object-fit for them too.
4) hard code again. Some places where you could use the same styles, you use different styles. You should not solve one problem in two different ways. Strive for one thing.

jQuery:
1) in principle, there are no problems because you have only a few features implemented. I found only one bug. When you click a navigation's link for the first time and the smooth scroll drops the page down, your fixed menu closes part of the block. When you click on the link again, the scroll works correctly. This is due to the fact that your menu is assigned a class for fixing and the scroll does not take into account the height of this block. I could have figured out how to fix it, but I won’t, think for yourself.)

As a result: there are actually not very many mistakes, but it seems to me that this is mainly because of not the most complex template. You used html + scss + jquery + webpack or something like that, right? If you want to continue to do such projects, then be sure to use a web template system, this will significantly reduce the amount of code. Better use a framework.

P.S. Yang Xiao Long. You made Yang Xiao Long as the character... I will unlock you in discord, I have a few questions and suggestions, I will write soon.)
Saintezis
Saintezis

Back to top Go down

Post by skip-stop Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Naive belief? I would not say that. I do not expect anything because I am well aware that no one owes me anything. In the end, I'm nobody. Just a guy who wants to do rp and make friends while there is still an opportunity

In any case, thanks for the review, I will take advantage of all this in the following projects

You have an questions and suggestions? Amazing. But whatever you say. In any case, my doors were always open, it was you who closed your doors
skip-stop
skip-stop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down