by Yori Today at 9:06 pm

» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:48 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:35 pm

» Zebra Woman vs. Renegade Steinhauser - Big Bertha vs. Little Rogue
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:31 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 138 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 135 Guests :: 3 Bots

Old_Man_Tai, saryakimura96, ScyldScefing

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Rising Tide 1A: Demon at the Dojo

2 posters

Go down

Rising Tide 1A: Demon at the Dojo Empty Rising Tide 1A: Demon at the Dojo

Post by Sylvie Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:55 am

From the beginning, Tanya acted like one who failed completely to understand Kena Arisato.

Tanya was small, like the dojo's mistress. Actually, Tanya was smaller. She only rose to 4 feet and eight inches, compared to Kena's 5'. Maybe, she'd thought, that commonality would help the Arisato mistress to understand her--and perhaps, she hoped, from understanding would come a desire to help.

Although every bit as Austrian as her blonde hair and blue eyes suggested, Tanya had wrapped herself in a floral kimono. The gaijin had even styled her hair in a vaguely Japanese way, her long locks tucked into a bun as humble as the bare and empty dojo around them. And while Arisato-san poured tea for the guest, Miss Degurrechaff sat in appropriate, demure silence. Cultural respect, Tanya had long ago learned, was essential to business dealings with the more traditionally minded Japanese.

(Would such extravagant accommodations really be necessary, though? When she had arrived, the dojo was empty; it was probably the only empty dojo in Tokyo on a Friday afternoon in summer--and the dojo's facilities were more than "bare." The spare walls and clear floor made a philosophical statement; the weeds in the flower beds outside did not.)

Tanya took a deep breath. Regardless, it was time to make her case. Her English broke the dojo's silence:

"As you know, Arisato-san, I have never...won a single match at the AFW. Not one. And I've been in ten.  They say it's because I'm so small, that someone like me can't learn to fight. Not with my 'build,' as they call it..."

Tanya stopped and waited to see how the dojo's heiress would respond.

Back to top Go down

Rising Tide 1A: Demon at the Dojo Empty Re: Rising Tide 1A: Demon at the Dojo

Post by dlamp Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:25 am

Now this was something Kena didn't think she'd experience. An actual chance to sit and drink tea with someone in her dojo. Something about about it act combined with the setting just made it feel... right. It brought an almost childish smile to her face, but she thankfully able to keep a straight face for her visitor's sake, as she had an actual concern. This was a first for Kena, being approached by another AFW fighter wanting to talk to her about about their worries. "Hm..." Her build... She glanced at the girl, trying to figure out what kind of body she had under that kimono. She took a sip of her tea before answering. "Well Miss Degurrechaff," She said in American-accented English (a bit of a shock she was able to switch so easily after being in Tokyo for so long). "A small and slim frame like yours isn't necessarily weakness. A small body can easily dodge attacks and counter. And in my opinion, anyone can fight if they have the drive to win." Hell, Kena herself was a Kawaii fighter taking on Friction martial artists, so that back up her words a little. She sat her cup down. "What type of matches have you been in so far?"

http://dlamp-dictator.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Tanya never quite learned how she was supposed to take her tea. Would she be considered rude if she gulped it down? It wouldn't surprise her; this was the only country on Earth that had developed an entire quasi-religious ritual around taking off-brand coffee. Of course, this was no chonoyu ritual, but still...

She sipped in quiet.

Then, after a pause: "...I'm always the dwarf. The--you know. The gnome. The child. They throw me in as a joke in someone else's story. The type of match doesn't matter. Standard, iron woman, hardcore--especially hardcore. Haha! Look at the little girl with the Singapore Cane! Isn't she kawaii? I'm short, so I must be a loser, that's how management thinks. I'm sure you know what that's like. As a result, I'm..."

She had been going to say broke, but it occurred to her that Kena might end their audience if she knew Tanya was no more capable of paying for training than paying her rent. She shrugged and trailed off into her tea before continuing.

Sip.

"...What I'm trying to say is that we're both worse off than we deserve because fate decided to play dice with our height. Sooo...we should help each other."

--

Unknown to either of the dojo's occupants, a third visitor was about to arrive. He came in a horse-drawn palanquin--one with two glittering black wheels and a red, feathered canopy. He sat behind veils and looked ahead to Kena's dojo. The Arisato residence.

There had been a time when that name--Arisato--would have made martial artists of every school bow their heads in reverence.  Much like there had been a time when Great Japan, the Dai Nippon Teikoku, made all of East Asia bend its knee. This was Takayuki's job: To ensure that time came again.

The carriage came to a stop in the courtyard.

Back to top Go down

Post by dlamp Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 pm

"Ah..." A Kawaii girl being used as some sort of sacrifice wrestler wasn't new, but hearing a personal account did make her feel bad. Work in the dojo often kept her from training at AFW gyms, but she had heard horror stories about what happened to a few Kawaii girls. Being treated as literal punching bags, sacrificing their bodies for money in squash matches. Kena was lucky she had her martial arts training and bloodlust keeping her from having a similar story.

Part of Kena pitied the girl for the trials she had to endure, but she was also jealous. She'd kill for a chance at a few hardcore matches, a just more activity in general. Of course, that was just her bloodlust talking, but still. "I see..." Took another sip of tea. "Help each other out..." Kena repeated the phrase, taking it in. "What do you propose, Miss Degurrechaff?"

http://dlamp-dictator.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down