by hunter of speed Today at 3:33 pm

» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:38 pm

» Avalanche 2023: Iris Takahashi (C) vs Giovanni Zeppeli: Nekketsu Title Match
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:34 pm

» The Defiant Darkness tries to get an Underling
by Kookio Today at 9:05 am

Who is online?
In total there are 170 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 169 Guests :: 3 Bots

Cosmos

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

In response to the concerns sent my way.

2 posters

Go down

In response to the concerns sent my way. Empty In response to the concerns sent my way.

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:04 am

So recently, I asked people to DM me and tell me what changes they'd like to see on AFW that might increase activity, or what issues they have with AFW so far. I would like to respond to the main concerns I was given by most people.

If you have issues or concerns other than the ones here, you can DM me on Discord, I'm always online, I'm always listening.

1. The un-updated widget: We have always been slow about updating the widget, I apologize for that. In truth, I think there's currently only one of us who knows how to use the damned thing.

There is a page being made currently detailing each title and title holder that will be uploaded soon, with plans to add to it over time. We may get rid of the widget itself.

2. The lack of proper title belt images

I am currently looking into hiring an artist off of Reddit's "Hungry Artists" page to create title belt images.

3. The dead title situation:

This is something currently being addressed and solutions are being discussed, one of which is the "Mods help script and post to title matches" suggestion that I made a poll for and seems to be favored by most people. I welcome any and all other ideas members may have for this situation, please DM me about it if you like. Unless there is serious disagreement, will be attempting to script matches with champions soon to help bump up activity.

4. The outdated look of the site:

We have experimented with the tools offered too us for the layout of the site, I don't think we have many real options other than adjusting the color. That being said, we have started changing the color for PPVs, along with banners each event, and we are looking into seeing what else we can do with the tools available to us.

5. The layout of the front page:

We will be removing the chatbox, since that hasn't been used in years, and we are considering options to make the front page less cluttered. How would you guys feel about having it so it just shows the brand names and you just click on those to go to that sub-section. That would reduce clutter for you mobile user perhaps? Or would that be too much extra clicking?

I know "we're working on it" isn't what most people want to hear, but we are working on the board and are getting more directly involved. Any other issues anyone has, they can DM me. Any suggestions anyone wants to make can be added below.

Thank you for your time.

Back to top Go down

In response to the concerns sent my way. Empty Re: In response to the concerns sent my way.

Post by Jaystar Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:13 pm

Well, I just might as well weigh in on this as well, while I'm at it...

1. I have no idea about what's a widget. Apart from the thing that's on the tail of Delta Air Lines planes.

But if it's the thing scrolling on the left side of the site showing the champions, a faster updating, yes please! Or any other solution for that matter.

2. Sounds cool, even if this is not a concern for me

3. This thinking is actually a bit evolved from what I just posted in the other thread... Let's say that if you were in a title match, you should post every two weeks at a minimum (for example) to that thread. If more than that has passed, a mod would post on the thread instead. Then you would again have another two weeks to respond to the thread, when you could "take back control" and post how you wished for the match to continue, but if you didn't do that, a mod would take over once again. (Now, this has the potential that someone could "abuse" the mods to play instead of them, but personally I find it an interesting idea nonetheless).

4. To be honest, I find that the current layout and the "tools" used until now have been just perfect. If I think of the site where I imagine things would be compared to, I find that kind of layout is too restless and disorganized in my opinion. I much prefer the current layout! But then again, maybe I'm already just too old...

5. No comments, I like it. I'd still suggest adding a kind of a "thread requests" section for players to post their current mood for threads in, that would not be pruned after 2 weeks (or so). Kind of like member blogs, but instead of showing the characters, telling their current desires. It would be nice to have a place where this would not be pruned every two weeks (or ever).

Jaystar

Back to top Go down