Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 135 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 133 Guests :: 3 Bots

Deus001, Kookio

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

A Horse of a Different Color

2 posters

Go down

A Horse of a Different Color Empty A Horse of a Different Color

Post by BritBrat Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:33 am

So what did Mika Kingsley like the most about being the Rising Star Champion? Well…aside from the pay raise, the better contract deals, having her own crew to help out with her elaborate entrances and teasing Maddie Lux about it?

It’s the signings. Has to be the signings.

And was what she was doing at the moment, in what had to be one of the most beautiful (and hottest) days she’d ever seen. Shinjuku Gyo-en was lovely this time of years, with the trees in full bloom and the wind tossing about the leaves, giving some residents a chance to cool themselves and a shining sun to illuminate it all. One of Japan’s most popular parks, it has earned its name “the Central Park of Tokyo”. It is also a prime jogging spot, with people running all about, waving to each other, smiling here and there.

The Englishwoman would’ve have minded a run herself, and she’d hoped to get one before the day was over. She was definitely dressed for it, wearing her dark blue and yellow jogging shorts along with a red bra—colours of her old school. In fact, this would be the perfect time to invite Maddie over for a run. No doubt she would jump on a chance to run around on a day like this. It may not be California, but the sights would definitely make up for it. Of course, that would open up chances to settle some business with a couple of sprints from one side of the park to the other. But before that, though, she was taking care of some business with her devoted fans.

Plus, she needed to be in Union Jack colours for that too.

Off to the side of the jogging track, underneath the shade, Mika sat at a table. On one side, AFW personal handed out her merchandise, selling it to any interested passersby. On the other end, she signed said merchandise, had little chats with her fans, took the occasional selfie and sent them on their way. Mind you, this wasn’t her first rodeo doing this. Mika had been to gaming conferences where she had a panel for fans of her stream to meet her. After doing this six times, you get used to how things are run. It was good outreach, an excellent way to mingle with the fans, and it was all thanks to the belt she had in her lap. Ever proud of the accomplishment from Avalance last year, Mika carried it around wherever she went. Partly because Mika was required to per her contract, but also because she liked the reminder. Who she was. Everything she’d done to get this belt. And everything she might have to do to keep it. Mika Kaminashi was tasked to pass it to only the most worthy of contenders, and she wasn’t gonna let Yukina down. That was Yuki’s dream, and she took it very seriously when she said she will bring prestige to the Rising Star Title.

Sobering thoughts, but the twin-tailed wonder didn’t let them trouble her too much. For now, her only concern was how best to sign the next poster that was laid out before her. There was still time left before Mika would have to pack up. Time she could also spend thinking about better competitors for the belt…

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

A Horse of a Different Color Empty Re: A Horse of a Different Color

Post by Iceman Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:39 am

Mia woke up early that morning. Some non-observant eye would say that being an early bird wasn’t in accordance with anyone who posed as a Mustang, but the matter in here was about motivation: Mia did what she wanted, when she wanted. If she ever wanted to be early to do something else she would do that. Some people just thought that being rebel, being a true Mustang, was pursuing anarchy or chaos, making irrational decisions. For Mia, she would only feel free whenever she was pursuing her goals, feeling no external meddling in her affairs. She would always accept some help though, she wasn’t stupid after all, but in the end it would be only Mia who decides her fate, not her family, not her friends, not her manager, just Mia. And that day she had some plans that would help her achieve one of her goals.

After some quick shower and some light breakfast she was ready for going out. It was a sunny and hot day, so she settled for some jeans and a white, slim t-shirt. Her motorcycling jacket would give the final touch to her attire even if she wouldn’t wear it all the time. She had her objective in mind, she was more than ready to tackle this.

Mia’s career had a good development lately. Since her very first match the Mustang saw how the crowd reacted in a positive way to her character and resolve, and her fanbase was growing stronger even if she still was considered a rookie in the AFW. She was enjoying her time, learning more complex moves and strategies and developing as a wrestler and as a fighter in general. The Mustang was happy with the growth feeling and with how her life in the AFW was so far.

A short motorbike ride separated Mia from her destination. Shinguku Gyo-en looked incredibly gorgeous that day, and if it wasn’t for the suffocating hot it would have been cool to just lose oneself in the scenery of the park. But she wasn’t there for a stroll in the park. Only a quick peek and she got her sights on her objective. Following the crowd until she reached a stand decorated with the AFW colors, and on the center a single table waited, with some blond figure sitting in there, signing some merchandise.

Mia decided to make a careful and quiet approach. Her sunglasses helped conceal her identity and of course she wouldn’t be as well-known as the Rising Star Champion herself. Her red streak of her, which was her identity sign of sorts, drew the attention of some people as she waited patiently in line, but it wouldn’t be the first time a fan would use the looks of their idol, so people didn’t pay her much attention.

While she waited she gave a look at the poster she had on her hands. It displayed a stunningly gorgeous blonde with some cute ponytails. She was wearing a cool white, blue and red entrance outfit and posed with a smile on her face. The poster made her look confident but also someone down to earth, someone the people could like. On one of her hands she bore the Rising Star Champion belt, just what Mia wanted to see.

In time the line advanced and finally Mia got to be in front of the table. That was the first time she could have a proper look at Mika Kaminashi. The woman was gorgeous, a little bigger than her and with a slim but also bubbly curves to her waist. She was wearing some top and shorts in the colors of the Union Jack and was giving smiles and merchandise for everyone, a true Champion.

When it was her turn to get her poster signed Mia handed it over to Mika while looking at her with a smile. Not a scornful or defiant smile, just a friendly one, but it also showed how confident in her skills Mia was. “Mind writing something with your sign?” Mia started with a friendly tone. “What about ‘To Mia, the woman who will dethrone me as the Rising Star Champion.’?” Mia moved her glasses aside so Mika could see her face, a challenging tone on her voice, but not trying to offend the champ.

Back to top Go down

Post by BritBrat Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:34 am

Despite things being different, there was an air of familiarity that had Mika reminiscing what it was like during her past panel meets. Those days were a different ballgame in of itself. Having her fans support her streaming career to thank and cherish; many of them have been so down to earth and lovely. Many of them bringing gits as well to show their appreciation. That community endeared into her heart, and she wouldn't forget where she came from. Though that was when she was Mika Kingsley. Not Mika Kaminashi as she is now. She has definitely been on a hot streak since she has come to AFW and she wasn't going to stop right there. Not when she had the main prize on the table.

While Mika loved her fans, she couldn't lie - not to herself, at least - and admit that she remembered most of them. After the first couple dozen signatures, it all sort of became a blur. Smile, make small chat, sign, move on. Smile, make small chat, sign, move on. She honestly could only recall a handful of names out of the bunch, and even then, only the ones she'd had trouble pronouncing them.

The woman who came up next, however, would be an exception to the rule. She was reasonably sure of it.

For starters, what this woman said brought her out of the supposed automatic mode that she was on. Her hand holding the marker paused for a second, finally taking a good look of the person in front of her after the quick glance she gave. The woman taking her sunglasses off definitely helped in that regard.

Secondly, Mika could tell she was well built, far more than just about anyone she'd come across in the line. Not that all of the people who'd come before her were slobs, but this woman had a chiselled look to her, the kind that only came from years and years of vigorous work, and it was apparent even if her clothes almost disguised what is hidden underneath the cloth. A looker, too. Beautiful brown hair, a confident smile and demeanour. Plus, she spoke English, which was a nice plus, even though her Japanese is good, if not fluent. And her name…

Her name…

"Well, they say you made it when you have another wrestler coming to your meet and greets." Mika said, returning the woman's smile as the gears in her head started to process a few things. So she must be a wrestler, that would be easier to suss out. But that name was familiar. She'd heard it before, and she felt like could match this face to it, too. The red streak of hair helped a bit more. They'd never met before; she was sure of that. Maybe in a match, she'd watched…

Ah well, she would probably get the answer to that question soon enough. "Your name is certainly interesting, Miss Mia-the-woman-who-will...Nah, too long. I've heard simpler names than that." She wagged the pen, with a playful wink. "You're definitely a confident one, that I can say. Though I gotta ask one thing. Just one thing…" Mika waited for a beat, just to draw suspension as she looked into Mia's eyes.

"You sure you're not hot in that jacket? Like jeez, it's boiling here."

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:41 pm

Mia had to admit that something about Mika just yelled “champion” at the air. It was as if the British had some air around her that made all the meet and greet, all the signing and that event in particular like a natural place for her. She didn’t even needed to be clad in her wrestling attire to own the space from the very first moment she stepped in there. Mia was confident in her skills and was sure she could eventually reach a position in which she would have a championship belt, but not in a lifetime she thought she could reach a point in which she would feel as comfortable in a greet and meet as Mika looked at that moment.

Mika was also a natural in conversation and a quick thinker. Mia had all the time in the world to prepare for that meeting. She knew how she was going to approach the champion and how she was going to present herself and issue her challenge, and just like that Mika got all her bravado and turned the situation upside down by completely dismissing the subject of conversation and reducing their chat to some absurd mention to how hot it was and how Mia was dressed. Mika really got the Mustang in there, Mia blushing heavily as she realized she was being ridiculed by the champion.

People at first were startled by the line stopping, but when they realized the reason behind it they started getting curious and trying their best to get a peak at it. After all, they were now watching a real AFW show with two wrestlers involved!

“Humph!” Mia protested as she took off her jacket, revealing her plain white t shirt below it. “Hope you are happy and now we can talk...”, she continued trying to reconduct the conversation. Mika had taken her off-guard, but not anymore. “I would like to have a conversation about that ‘worthy successor’ you are always talking about. Not here to boast or anything, but to issue a challenge. I want to prove I can be your the next Rising Star Champion, so consider this my challenge.”, Mia finished by pointing at her rival with a dramatic gesture, getting even some applause and cheering from the crowd. Now that was a true AFW showtime!

Back to top Go down

Post by BritBrat Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Improvisation isn’t a new concept to the Briton. Having done a job where it does cater to the most candid and unexpected of situations, it’s an excellent trait to have when you can come up with something funny on the fly. She wouldn’t say that she is a comedian, but she knew how to perform. And with wrestling, the best was always an amplified version of themselves. Most likely, Mia had a particular image of how this would go down. But Mika had other plans, especially if this was going to turn into an unplanned promo.

So, she might as well thoroughly test Mia’s skills in promo talk.

The crowd were on the champion’s side, but the twin-tailed wonder was willing to see how this Mustang would take things. It was comical to see Mia taking off the jacket after a bit of ridicule, but she got to see what kind of upper body Mia had. And it was certainly befitting of a wrestler. But can she recover from this? Well from the looks of it, Mia did bring this train back on the tracks and get to where she wanted to be. When it came to wrestling, it was best to judge the people off what you knew, not what you thought you knew. And so far, all Mika knew about Mia was that she was A) Confident. B) Patient. She did wait to stand in line for an extended period to get to this point. And C) A very promising up-and-comer. Those three were enough to earn the Avatar of Justice’s respect, more so when she followed up with the point of a ‘worthy successor’. Mika would have watched all of her matches to make a decision so she would have to make one-off what she could see for real.

At the very least, she looked a lot better than other challengers she could think of.

“Hmmm…Very well.” Mika said, making sure Mia was done before she could speak. “So, that is what you want. To see if you’re worthy of taking this title from me?” The Briton took the belt in her hands before she would hop over the table to come to Mia’s side. “Well, alright, then! I have inherited Yukina’s desire to elevate this title to greatness, as well as to make us rookies stand tall among the greats in AFW. And that is a wish I take very, very seriously.” Mika said as she looked up and down at the Mustang. “If you think you are worthy of accomplishing that, then I got to make sure you are. The champion before me did so, and I must do the same.” Her fingers tapped on the gold upon her shoulder that shines under the sun like a star. “What kind of person would you say you are, Mia?”

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:29 pm

There were some skills and abilities a champion must have in order to be a good one. Of course in the end it was all about being a good wrestler so one could get the attention of the management, but not only there lay the foundations of a champion. Never a wrestler had reached a title match by fighting skill only, one had to be resourceful in other areas like promo talks and rousing the crowd. Getting the people’s love was pivotal in order to get there, after all, the wrestling world was a show, and a good fighter only was half of a good show.

Mia had proved that she was a proficient combatant, her skills skyrocketing from her very debut, but concerning all the spectacle and show that happened outside of the arena she was more like a greenhorn, and Mika was just making that obvious with her teasing. Mia felt her cheeks blushing when the champion made fun of her clothing, and reacting like she did only confirmed that her remarks affected the Mustang, but what came after that actually piqued her interest.

At first it could look like Mika was teasing and making fun of her, but that wasn’t true. What the Rising Star Champion was doing was giving Mia a chance to shine in front of all that people, to make a firm statement on why she was worthy of being the next title holder. Mika wasn’t having fun at her expense, she was giving the Mustang an opportunity to break her comfort zone and become more experienced in all the promo talk. What Mika asked after that wasn’t easy to respond at all. She wanted to know what kind of person Mia was. Not only her words would serve to answer that, the way she would act also would give away details of her character.

But, what kind of person was Mia? The American had some clues of what type of wrestler she wanted to be. After all, it would be an extension of her personality, but she wasn’t that used to those walks among the crowd. She was one to let her actions and her fighting speak, but was fully aware that if she wanted to get that shiny golden belt resting on Mika’s shoulder she needed to be something else. It was her time to shine.

Mia took some air as Mika closed the distance, standing proud with the champion belt on her shoulder, highlighting the difference between the two of them. “I am the Mustang. I live and fight by my own will and I have set my sights on the top. I will face any rival in order to get there. I understand you are a hurdle on the way and you want to find a worthy successor, but I’m more than eager to show you I’m worthy in a ring. So what do you say, Mika Kaminashi?” The ball was on Mika’s roof now. Mia had been firm but not threatening, true to her free spirit but also taking in consideration her rival’s place of superiority, showing respect but also challenge.

Back to top Go down

Post by BritBrat Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:56 pm

Mia wanted to make this a spectacle. Well, she definitely has gotten an exhibition. Just not one that was entirely in her control at the very least. Mika was more than capable when it came to talking. Her past promos were more than enough proof to back up what she can do, even having a verbal joust with Gwendolyn DuPont Bettencourt. Back then, some wrestlers can just rely on physical talent, and that would be the end of that. But as nowadays where the character is also a part of the act, anyone that cannot give a good promo would simply drown in the waters. The crowd ain’t too kind when it comes to that kind of lack, and if Mia wanted to be a massive star, that aspect could not be ignored.

So, Mika was more than curious to see what she could do. At the very least, she wasn’t going to make it easier for the Mustang, but she also wasn’t going to downright mock this woman into crying. That would be mean spirited and would take away the true meaning of what the Rising Star championship meant. So, such verbal lashing would not be today’s course. Mia took the challenge laid at her feet in stride, which was good since she didn’t want it to be misconstrued as Mika making fun of her. The jacket part was all in good fun. The last thing she needs is for this challenger to take what she says next the wrong way. But if she had seen Mika, then she shouldn’t have to worry about a thing.

The question she proposed was a simple one, but it had a lot more hidden underneath. Mia wasn’t just going to give her answer, she has to word it and perform it in a way that inspires the people and convince Mika that she is perhaps the best choice if she does beat her. If. And as she spoke, the twin-tailed wonder gotten a better insight to the woman that is before her. Determined. Indomitable. Driven. Those that popped into her mind when she gave her firm speech. Mika does have a way of knowing when someone is laying it a bit thick, but as Mia spoke, she sensed she was right to herself. She wasn’t wearing some mask. And that was someone that she could get behind.

Unfettered. Unchained. Those are what I expect when I hear the word, ‘Mustang’. A free spirit, but not careless. You have a goal and work hard to achieve it.”
Mika adjusted the belt that is on her shoulder. “I have understood your intentions, and I can say that you are indeed the kind of person that is worthy of carrying the weight of this title. Our aspirations. And I am sure that she will agree…” Mika trailed off, remembering that moment when she was accepted to win the belt. It was a massive moment for her, and no doubt what she said was a big moment for Mia. But she must remain steadfast. “However! Even though I find you worthy of being a successor…I think you know very well that I shall not simply hand you this title. But as someone who is used to hard work, I highly doubt that would deter you.”

“So! How about we decide if you really will take the mantle from me at this upcoming Summer Splash! AFW customs dictate that it is the challenger that usually decides the stipulation…just know that no matter what you decide, I shall defend this gold, nay, the dreams of all rookies, to the very end!!”

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:21 pm

The line was completely ruined now. Word had spread that another AFW wrestler appeared to challenge the Rising Star Champion to a match for the right to have the title belt, and now people flocked from all directions surrounding both women, trying to get a good peek at what was happening at the moment. The AFW officials and security personnel were trying to redirect everyone in order to maintain a safe space for people and wrestlers alike, but having a hard time. Mia thought that maybe her small plan was too effective after all. She would ask her manager to issue an apology letter later, but knowing Masako Mia was sure that she was already drafting it. Wait, did she remember to tell Masako about her plan?

No time for those thoughts, she was in the middle of a promo after all. And not a regular one, her first promo session would be the one that gave her a chance to get a title belt! Mika Kaminashi was holding a title only intended for rookies, but that wasn’t a reason to look down on her as she moved with the grace and confidence of an all-time champion. Not only she looked like it, she had a champion’s demeanor as the woman was aware of how holding a title belt was more of a responsibility and a privilege. Of course she looked honored, but she was burdened with the task of finding a worthy suitor for the title. The crowd never supported champions who weren’t attuned to these ideals for long, because in the end no matter how proficient could be one at wrestling, staying alive in that world demanded having the people’s love, and never a champion full of themselves had maintained the people’s support for long.

Mika knew all that and she was defending her place as champion but also providing Mia with the opportunity to shine in front of everyone. Of course it was a duel of witty tongues and retorts that was making the Mustang exercise her mind to the limit, but the chance was there. At no time had tried Mika to humiliate her or make her look bad, not even close to it. Instead of that, she was asking questions, difficult to answer questions of course, but questions that allowed Mia to make a statement as she stood there and everyone could see from a very short distance how she presented herself as if saying “This is me. Here I am.”

The ball was on Mia’s roof now. Mika had accepted Mia’s challenge. Both women would face in the upcoming Summer Splash event. As the AFW rules stated, it was Mia’s duty as challenger to determine the match’s stipulations. Everyone remained silent as she thought just for some instants before answering. “Nice of you to accept my challenge, and you won’t regret this. You will find out that I'm a worthy contestant. Now let’s not lose ourselves in crazy match stipulations. Those are unfit for a Title Match. I say we play by the standard rules in our bout. Now I will leave you to sign all these folks their merchandise. They deserve some time with their champion. I will see you on Summer Splash.”

With that said, Mia nodded at her rival, thanking her consideration without words, and starter a slow retreat while the crowd clapped and cheered at the improvised promo they just experienced. As she greeted some fans and let some others take selfies with her, Mia realized how her popularity was growing with each match. When she was free from the multitude she was starting her way back to her bike when she realized she completely forgot to let Masako know about all her plan. “She is going to kill me when she learns all this...”

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down