by Yori Today at 9:06 pm

» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:48 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:35 pm

» Zebra Woman vs. Renegade Steinhauser - Big Bertha vs. Little Rogue
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:31 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 125 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 124 Guests :: 3 Bots

killcarrion

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

A Manager's Duty...

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Manager's Duty... - Page 2 Empty Re: A Manager's Duty...

Post by Tarantulust Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:24 pm

It actually quite a relief to hear Cicilia confirm that the woman was indeed an actress, so much so that her expression noticeably softened…that small, neutral smile returning to her face like it had never gone away. Rhein could deal with a whole host of problems and a heavy work load, but if things got to the point where laws were being broken, then her job simply got harder. Rhein could be discreet, but even she had her limits.

“Well, that a load off my mind. Last thing I need is another load of paperwork on my desk…already juggling more than my fair share of clients and their issues. I think a police investigation might just finally do me in.” She muttered jokingly. She did partially wonder about Cicilia’s reasoning for figuring out if it was an actress or not. While one can usually recognize themselves, it sounded like the boxer was basing her judgment around the fact the Juno couldn’t get into the building in the first place. An elevator and a locked door was only so much security against someone who wants to bust in.

There was also the information Rhein had left out…Juno was making friends. When asking around, Rhein had been told she has been seen hanging around a quiet group of gals that no body knew too much about other then they all had a different type of nasty attitude. That was still something she needed to look into when it came to the nurse. She would have brought it up if she knew anymore about them, but she ultimately decided that it would simply be fear mongering to throw such a rouge element into the situation. Cicilia said it wasn’t her, then it wasn’t her.

“I do want to talk to you about one last thing, but if you don’t mind, I really haven’t eaten anything since the lunch I had yesterday. If you want, I’ll be happy to treat you to-“

Cicilia’s questions cut Rhein off rather quickly. Rhein paused for the first two, but a few more followed right after them. It took the manager a moment to understand exactly what Cicilia was asking, and the subtle implications underneath each one of her inquires. For a moment, there was simply silence between the two women, each one’s powerful gaze staring deep into the other.

--

“Oh, Cicilia...why did you have to notice something like that?”

As quick as a flash, the green woman pulled out a gun, the gym melting away into a dark alley way, rain hitting the sidewalk and filthy garbage cans that helped create the disgusting smell of the streets. The only thing protecting the tall woman’s bifocals was a green fedora that matched her suit, rain droplets rolling down the curves of her Walther P38. Her once relaxed expression turned into one of grim disgust at having been found out, her smile turning into a scowl with rows of sharp teeth.

“You just couldn’t leave well enough alone, could you? Always had to dig into the finer details! Well now they will be digging your grave soon enough!”

Like a bad cartoon, Cicilia was pinned up against the wall with nowhere to run, no cover to hide behind, and out in the open. The rain poured all over her, but failed to douse the fire of rage in her eyes. She wouldn’t submit, not like this.

“Cicilia, NO!”

Of course her lover was there with them, wearing a remarkably pretty dressed that had no right to be soaked the way it was. The cold rain continued to douse it and leave the lovely frame underneath to shiver in the cold. The villainous Nurse restrained her, keeping Sayumi from running over and defending her beloved, who was in mortal danger.

“Don’t worry, we will take good care of her. We’ll get her out of that dress, find her some new clothes to wear out to the lake…I hear cinder block shoes and chain link jackets are totally "in" this season!” Both the Manager and the Nurse laughed in a cartoonishly evil manner, Rhein finally aiming her P38, its barrel looming at the boxer with a promise of suffering.

“Say good night, Cicilia!”

--

Rhein covered her mouth, choking down laughter at her own imagination. Is that what Cicilia thought might happen? Of course not! It was too silly…and yet Rhein couldn’t help but laugh. While Rhein’s idea was cartoonishly over the top, she couldn’t help but think that was what the boxer was thinking may happen in a more serious sense. Rhein realized she was being a bit rude, and quickly got herself under control.

“Sorry, sorry…you caught me off guard is all.” The smile returned a little bigger this time. “I guess you could say I stalked her. I am her manager after all, that’s practically my job. It helps that Juno has a habit of leaving her laptop unattended when she get up for coffee in the café lounge.” Rhein chuckled a bit, reminiscing. “Her password is “Nurse”, all caps with a three instead of an E. classy.”

Rhein didn’t know if that would satisfy Cicilia, but she didn’t care either…

“That was the how. Now the why.”
Rhein’s jade eyes returned back to Cicilia’s fiery red, but she seemed to look right through her. “I could tell you a personal story from a few years back. A very long story, about a lover and some secrets they got into. I could tell you I know what it’s like to have a crazy person chasing you around every hour of every day, and ultimately loosing someone you care about because of them…”

Rhein spoke calmly. Her voice didn’t quiver, nor did it break. She spoke like she was giving a presentation, quiet and collected…but it was clear she was not comfortable with the subject.

“But I don’t think we have to worry about that. Right now, helping you helps me in the long run. If Juno is completely focused on you and your lover, she won’t set her sights any higher. She will just chase after you two over and over until you are gone. Then what? If I let her continue the way she is, she will either get broken by you or she will fall into a deep rut. Rut’s don’t make the company money. If the company isn’t making money, I’m not doing my job.”

A low growl interrupted Rhein, her stomach audibly tensing around nothing and creating the familiar rumble everyone had felt before.

“It’s sweet of you to worry, but I’ll be fine. Juno isn’t in charge, I am. In fact, that’s what I want to talk to you about.” Another deep growl, forcing Rhein’s smile to grow bit embarrassed, “Hopefully over lunch?”

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicilia Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:37 am

Rhein started laughing out of nowhere, desperately trying to choke back a seemingly invisible joke at the boxer's expense. Cicilia's frown deepened, confused and angered by this sudden chuckle, the German left in the dark as to what was going through the manager's mind that could've tickled her so. ...And besides... Was it really such a far-fetched scenerio...? Juno was one of those people who could hide herself among others. Margaux was one who would play with you so smoothly before rending you to shred like a rabid cat. Not many people knew that predators walked around them, closer than they ever imagined but Cicilia knew... and she wasn't taking chances. Twice now she had been caught in the jaws of an insane animal that she had to beat into submission and that was two times too many. The quiet life alone from all that with her girlfriend...? It was something she had to fight bloody battles for...

...And it wasn't funny. It was NOT a joke.

Nevertheless, the candid nature of Rhein was... refreshing, considering the people she's been forced to deal with. Stalkers... but at least this one was honest about it... and Cicilia wasn't even the target this time! The juggernaut listened closely as the woman... casually gave over some personal information of herself and her "client", the boxer taking a little mental note regarding Juno's password and tucking it deep inside... just in case it becomes necessary later.

...So she was free and comfortable breaking into her crazy client's stuff... just to help Cicilia... She... but she still needed to know WHY she would do something like that!

...And she would have that explanation just as readily.

"...Oh..."
She whispered, looking down, almost regretful that she had ever doubted this woman in the first place. Almost. If what she said was true. The story alluded to was clearly her own story, a story that took a far darker turn than what Cici would ever want to happen to her... If all she was saying were true.

BUT, of course, there was a profit incentive, that candidness making it's resurgence once again. Cicilia couldn't help but smirk as the manager remarked that she was doing this as much for Cicilia as she was for herself as to keep Juno in line and undistracted as to have her make more money for everyone expecting it. While she would rather see Juno GONE than just elsewhere... the Juggernaut would do anything to get her out of her life...

"Heh... I see. Well. Thanks anyway.... I mean that."
Cicilia offered, her body language relaxing as she shifted her weight to one foot, pushing her hip off to the side just a bit. The boxer blinked as various deep and needy growls erupted from the manager's stomach, the woman in green offering to tell her more over lunch! The German... for the first time since leaving the house today... actually smiled. A warm, genuine smile, the boxer nodded before glancing back at the locker-room.

"Yeah... Yeah, actually that sounds good. Let me take a shower first and I'll be ready."

...Cicilia was putting her trust in the manager of JUNO!? She must've been crazy... or just desperate... desperate for some kind of relief... She seemed honest at least. Perhaps a bit too honest... but at least she was trying to make herself look good... With a nod, the boxer would head back to the locker-room to retrieve her stuff and clean up... still... unable to look at those scars that cut unevenly across her once flawless flesh...
Cicilia
Cicilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Rhein had learned to use her time well over the years. While Cicilia went in to shower room to clean up and change her clothes, Rhein set up a quick reservation at a restaurant not far away. The boxer had a negative reaction to the café across the street, and Rhein knew better than to dig too far into someone else’s personal history if they were not a client of her own. If Cicilia wanted to tell her, she would tell her, but the boxer didn’t push Rhein when she was uncomfortable with her tale of woe, so Rhein would reciprocate. By the time Cicilia would exit the shower room, the Manager would have gotten them seats at a local restaurant and answered all of the emails in her inbox that had piled up in just the past hour.

--

It was surprisingly easy to get Cicilia in her car. The restaurant was only a few miles away, but seeing the extent of the Germans damage in person, Rhein didn’t feel right inviting her out and then forcing her to walk all the way there. It left a bad taste in her mouth. Naturally, she let her new college inspect the car however she saw fit to insure no foul play, but ever since their interaction at the gym, Cicilia seemed more relaxed around Rhein. She wasn’t completely at ease, but that was normal when getting into a car of someone they hadn’t known for more than an hour or so.

The restaurant was one Rhein frequented. It was a rather small restaurant, one with a theme that seemed closer to “home cooked” rather than some other restaurants that tried to dazzle customers the place was clean, warm, and comfortable, a nice little place that filled the niche of comfort over showmanship. When the host came by to seat the two women, he apparently recognized Rhein and seated her at the “Usual spot”. That spot was a quiet little corner booth that had a nice view of the outside world, and was right next to an exit doorway.

The day was slow, and the only other people there was an older couple across the room. A display case near the front of the restaurant was cleverly placed in a way it would be difficult not to notice no matter where someone sat. The display was filled with a variety of fresh-looking deserts that looked as lovely to look at as they would to taste. Whoever baked them seemed to have some fun, creating lovely designs such as a flower blooming from a brownie, or a donut hole frosted to look like a cartoon cats face.

“This place has some of the best deserts. They have a pretty good cheesecake where they used crushed honey crackers for the crust that’s great for a sweet tooth.”

Rhein was quick to order a coffee, letting Cicilia order whatever drink she wanted before browsing through the menu like she did not already know what she wanted. She let the host flee to collect the drinks, and took the chance to speak to try and interact with her guest a bit, help build the relationship of trust between them.

“So…how exactly does a girl like you go from boxing to wrestling? A bit of a career jump, if you ask me. I’m also curious how you and…Sayumi, right? I’m curious how you two hooked up.”

Rhein knew she had other business to talk about with Cicilia…a proposition to be exact, but she was genuinely curious about the woman’s back story. It was poor manners to hop right into business when neither of them had hardly any time to even look at the menus. The drinks had only just arrived…Rhein could be patient and try to learn about Cicilia. she took a quick sip of her black coffee, enjoying the warmth and caffeine going down into her core and warming/waking her up.

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicilia Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Cicilia spent her time in the shower contemplating the all that Juno's manager had told her, attempting to make some sense out of all of it. The German knew that good people were out there, people that actually cared about you... It was something mothers told their children to dissuade fears of the outside and encourage independence but in the Boxer's experience? Such things came rarely if at all. Granted, when these moments of intimacy and love came, they came in strong and fast such as her love with Sayumi which crackled with an unending and seemingly ever expanding warmth every day... or the strong, heated but friendly rivalry she had with Ouka, requiring only one match for the Boxer to determine her as such, a rival. By that same token, the boxer felt that these were mere islands in a sea of uncertainty and fear... While one side of her wanted desperately to believe that everything she had been told was true, desiring the protection this woman seemed to offer, for someone she didn't have to protect to have her back, another side of her firmly locked down. This other half had been scarred and beaten and burned enough to come to the rapid defense of the other half, battling away open hands lest the fingers be used to jab deep into the German's exposed self. This other half glared hotly at individuals who drew close, unable... or unwilling to determine between friend or foe, shark or minnow. Cicilia was so tempted to open herself up to Rhein, to let her stitched-up, aching but very much alive beating heart to one more person in a sign of friendship... and unlock the cage she had thrown it into in a desperate attempt to escape abuse.

-

Indeed, Cicilia DID inspect the car before she got in willingly, fiddling with the door-locks and the handles themselves to see if they'd work on the side she chose to sit. She checked the interior for cameras or any other devices but once she was satisfied, the boxer was relatively easy to travel with... Granted, she frequently glanced up into the rear-view mirror, but most of the trip, she simply stared silently into the outside window... actually... comfortable. Her sanguine eyes flicked from face to face, sticking on neon signs and looking into other cars as she passed them. She felt the tension in her muscles ease as the comforting rumble of the moving vehicle massaged her into a soothing mind-set. Her lids even drooped slightly and her lips curled into a smile, Rhine leaving the boxer to her thoughts... which she greatly appreciated.

GOD, She was glad to be off her feet, though. At first, it was the WORST pain, sitting down after spending all day standing and sifting positions on a pair of wounded legs! Just as she had gotten used to the soreness of shifting fighting stances all day... now she was being asked to sit! ....But it was the alcohol in her wound... and she found herself relaxing more than she had in... well... months outside her apartment complex. Since meeting Margaux... no, since she began living in a city that was so much different than Munich, the Juggernaut had been nothing less than a sea-urchin on legs, repelling all who tried to be friendly for fear of either losing her temper... or of them and what they were like... Trust wasn't a bloody easy thing to get back once it's lost in everyone, even yourself... but... she was seeing it start to come back... A little at a time like grass repopulating a barren field.... but progress was being made despite everything.

-

The restaurant Rhein chose to take them to was NOTHING like Cicilia had ever been too before... though, she'd never eaten out much in general. Take-out being a thing and all... This must've been what Rhein had described as "Family-friendly", what with a quiet atmosphere, little art thingies hanging on the wall and a generally friendly and polite staff. Cicilia had lingered behind Rhein at a respectable distance, almost enough for one to wonder whether she were in fight-or-flight mode... but she made no moves except to keep the distance between the two of them consistent as they were lead to a window-side booth. Rhein commented about the deserts of this place... and Cicilia smiled, wondering if they had to-go boxes... Maybe she could bring Sayumi home something... She always was such a glutton for sweets.

"Good to know." Cicilia responded with a grin, her expression lighting up like a Christmas tree as she imagined her girlfriend throwing herself on whatever she picked from the desert menu. "...I know someone who'll get a kick out of it more than me."

As was traditional with restaurants, the boxer found, a waiter came around, asking what drinks they would desire as a starter. Cicilia asked for two, actually, a cup of water... and one of orange juice, something to help her get some vitamins, stuff she needed to actually HEAL! It was when their attendant had gone to retrieve their order was the small-talk initiated, Rhein probing innocently into the boxer's history with both fighting AND Sayumi... This was information easily given up, why she chose to pick up wrestling... but her girlfriend...? She hesitated a bit on that...

"Money." She responded flatly, straight up when asked about her career change. "I wouldn't have picked up wrestling if I had a choice but the boxing circuit here isn't as big as it is in Munich. ...It's depressingly small, actually. I was workin.... er... fighting much less so... I had to pick up something else to pay bills." She conveniently left out the part she had to be a waitress in a roadside diner just up the way... preferring to bury that corpse as many feet underground as she could shovel.

"...As for Sayumi, that's pretty much how we met. I was fighting someone else in the gym we were just at... I was... in a bad place... I fought hard... to hurt people, almost... I punched out a girl hard and Sayumi challenged me... We fought, and I beat her but... I don't know... something about her just broke through all that darkness..." Cicilia smiled a little wider, glancing outside. "We became friends after that... I still don't know why she gave me that second chance after I made such an impression... But... she did... I... um.... fell in love with her pretty soon after..." A soft blush bled across the German's cheeks and over the bridge of her nose, her smile wobbling a bit with embarrassment but she continued her story unhindered.

"Seeing her brought more light into my life than I could ever imagine... I... I've never been happier and I had only just met her. It was incredible... It is incredible... Well... we got paired up in a match... and I expressed my feelings mid-way through... She beat me... and then became my girlfriend after we talked about it... That's... really about it.

Something Cicilia was never afraid of expressing was how much she loved Sayumi... Stranger or friend, her lover would always be the sun in her life...
Cicilia
Cicilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:38 am

Rhein listened patiently to Cicilia’s answer, sipping her coffee whenever she paused to take a breath or stewed on a subject. The boxer seemed to melt with the restaurants aura whether she knew it or not, as Rhein continued to observe her companion from across the table, watching her mannerisms and the way she spoke. She didn’t do it for any particular reason…it was simply a habit at this point. Cicilia had begun to smile wider then most had ever seen, her ruby eyes held not rage, but a warm excitement. It was clear she hardly ever went out to eat, and the small wonder in her eyes tickled the manager just a bit. Few clients ever appreciated these outing like her new guest did, and Rhein was happy she could get her to come along with her.

The boxer was brutally honest when answering the bifocaled woman’s first question. It sounded like Cicilia had little love for wrestling, or at least did at one point. Regardless, from the way she spoke, it sounded as if she would quit wrestling if there was better money elsewhere from the cold way she described her wrestling career. Rhein could relate to that sentiment, in a strange way… Then came the next question, which Cicilia seemed to chew over for a moment before confessing anything. The moment she began to speak, Rhein watched her carefully. Her jade green eyes watched her, almost staring at her, her cup hiding her smile as Cicilia began to talk about her lover. It was as if the moment she began to speak about her, the boxer began to glow. She certainly brightened up, mood wise. She looked like a child explaining why her personal hero was the best of them all, that sweet, youthful innocence of love that seemed like it would last forever…

Their love certainly seemed genuine…at least on Cicilia’s end.

A slight pang of jealousy ran through Rhein as Cicilia smiled, telling the story of how she admitted her love to her special someone. The sudden sharp feeling surprised the suited woman…her loss had happened years ago, but the sharp bite of loneliness still felt as raw as that day. She simply learned how to bury it away. Seeing how happy this Sayumi girl made the once so defensive and angry woman made Rhein envious of the boxer…but she was also happy for their love.

Pushing aside her feeling for the millionth time in her life, she finished her cup of plain black coffee and set it aside. She still had the warm smile she did when entering the restaurant, but those Jade green eyes still stared at Cicilia with a longing envy that the Manager simply couldn’t hide.

“That’s a surprisingly sweet story. I would have never guessed it was you to be the one that confessed. Thanks for your honesty.” The woman leaned back in her seat, the outside light reflecting off her glasses, “It’s kind of cute…I thought you would be the type that would never admit you were that deep into love. I’m happy to be wrong…and I’m happy for both of you. Hopefully, it works out well between you two.”

Before Rhein could say anything else, the waiter came by to refill her coffee, and asked to take their orders. Rhein didn’t even look at the menu, but readily ordered without hesitation. A chicken salad with no dressing, and a small side of rice. The waiter hardly looked surprised, looking like he had already written most of Rhein’s order down before she had even begun to order.

“Oh, and one more thing…Can I get one of your large dessert sampler trays in a to-go box? The one with cake and the other stuff?” Rhein glanced over towards Cicilia, “Does she like cake?”

Rhein passed her menu to the waiter, looking out the window while Cicilia ordered her meal…The cars that drove by were like time itself. There in an instant and gone in a flash, never to be seen again. How long had she been like this? Every second of remembering the one she lost was like a stab in the gut from the sharpest blade one could make. Every waking moment was a reminder she was alone, and the only thing that seemed to keep her from that dark reality was her work during the day, hard liquor at night, and the few hours of sleep she could get in between.

Despite that, it was moments like these that helped her push on. She liked helping people, enjoyed seeing their happiness even if it reminded her of her emptiness. It was nice to see a warm glow, that happy embarrassed smile when someone admits their love to another. Rhein had seen Cicilia melt as she thought of her true love…and remembered a time long ago when she felt the same way. Rhein wanted to keep that warmth going anyway she could, even if it was just a little bit.

“The food here…its really good…” Rhein finally pulled herself away from the window to face her guest, “I hope you enjoy it to the fullest…”

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicilia Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:26 am

"I'm not afraid to express how much I care about people." Cicilia remarked, flashing Rhein a strange look. It was always EARNING that affection that was the hard part... The German cared greatly for those she considered friends fore they were the only family they got. She knew some people back home and here who treated their friends like glorified play-mates, meeting once a week to do something mildly engaging together but little else... never really forming a closeness beyond that. After all, they had real brothers and sisters, blood ties that were much harder to break... relationships that required so much more attention...

Not Cicilia. She severed those bonds when she left... All she had were friends... So she made a distinct effort to be there and love them as she would the family she never had. While one might see this as a sign of desperation on the Boxer's part, seeking out comfort in relative strangers where she couldn't back home, Cicilia saw it as more liberating than anything else. The phrase "You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family" was one held up by society... and one who's meaning was lost to her. She had a best friend who was like a sister to her in Ouka, someone she can tussle and laugh with, having competitive fun as they beat the crap out of each other, she had a girlfriend who lit up her day every time she saw her... She was the one that truly brought all this out of her, the center of her world...

"I love her more than anything in the world." Cicilia admitted freely, looking Rhein dead in the eye as she did so! "She doesn't embarrass me and I don't care what people think of it. I love her... and at least to me that word still means something." It surprised the Juggernaut that Rhein would think her the kind of person to hide such a feeling... The sensation of love was unlike any other... So strong, yet tender... Deep-running that touched on every place upon it's invocation... It relieved tension and built it sometimes, makes one smile when everything else aimed to make one cry. There was no shame in it... She had nothing to hide. It was already out there on camera for EVERYONE to see so... why even bother...

She loved Sayumi. That was all there was to it.

"Thank you." She smiled a bit as Rhein offered her blessings. "I'm doing my best."

It was then that the waiter seemed to have magically appeared before them both (how do they do that), ready to take their orders! While Rhein ordered a salad, Cicilia chose something a bit heavier: a small steak with potatoes on the side... Simple, yet a perfect combination of flavors.

...And if the surprises today couldn't get any more... well... surprising, Rhein seemingly read Cicilia's mind, requesting a desert sampler in a box... for Sayumi...! ...Heh...

"Heheheheh..." The German chuckled softly to herself, her smile seeming to be a constant expression today! She was trying really hard to get on her good-side huh? ...Or maybe she wasn't and this was just because she was kind enough too... She was still getting used to the idea there were people like that out there...

"Yeah... Yeah she does." Cicilia responded, looking back into Rhein's eyes... and shocked by what she saw: Pain.... It was subtle... but there, little twinges along the pupil that seemed to indicate something being held back, something desperate to come to the surface... She knew... because that's what she looked like before... and usually after every match when she looked at herself in the mirror backstage. the look of her eyes...

...Was it that loved one she lost...?

"You mentioned that there was something else you wanted to talk about." Cicilia reminded the manager, leaning forward a bit and resting her forearms on the table. As nice as this small-talk was, they weren't here just to chat... or at least, that's not what the pretense up until now had set up for. Whatever it was... she wanted to know.
Cicilia
Cicilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:09 pm

The coffee was fresh and warm from the kitchen, probably just brewed moments after she had finished her previous cup. The black liquid provided a lovely little reflection of Rhein herself, who had glanced into the cup passively, wondering if they made it strong enough for her or if she may need to find something else that would keep her going after this meeting. Rhein didn’t know what to expect when she asked those questions, honestly just trying to keep any awkward silence at bay before they got down to business. She was trying to build something with the boxer, even if it was simply to serve her goal for the end of this meeting.

That was really the kicker about her work…she had made it so it encompassed a major part of her life. Rhein was happy Cicilia seemed to be smiling and enjoying herself, Rhein was happy she could give this woman some sliver of peace of mind in her crazy hectic world, and Rhein was happy that the raven-haired girl would take something home to hopefully spread a bit of that joy around…but Rhein knew that wasn’t the ultimate goal. The green haired woman knew if she was like any of the other managers, the ones who stayed in their office, talked with the same two or three friends a day at lunch, and probably had normal clients to work with then this lunch likely would have never happened.

Rhein was only here because of work. Cicilia was a part of her job. She had a strong relation to one of her clients and Rhein was trying to end it to keep from impeding on her client’s growth. She tried earning her trust with pleasantries, promises, and food…and found a human being who seemed to be struggling against the world, pushing boulders up mountains simply to insure she stay happy with her lover. It made her question her motives, if only slightly. The fates aligned and Rhein was happy to help her, but what would have happened if helping Cicilia became a hinderance to her work? Would she have let Juno harass her and her lover? Would they ever have gotten close like this? Or would Rhein be exactly as the boxer first thought of her as…a slimy accomplice who would work against her to take the boxer out of the picture entirely.

Rhein…sincerely hoped not. She liked to think her morals were in check and she was far from a psychopath. She wouldn’t support such negative behavior, she was sure of it…but there was little point in assuming what could have happened. Her goal was the same, and if Cicilia decided to think of her as a friend, then so be it.

Cicilia placed her elbow on the table, catching Rhein’s attention and perking her up from her long stare into her cup. It seemed the boxer wanted to get down to brass tacks and find out the point of this meeting. Rhein wanted something, and Cicilia knew it…but she did not know what she wanted. Perhaps that was why there was still a bit of guard in her body language and a small edge to her tone.

The fellow German simply gulped down the contents of her cup. It didn’t matter how hot it was, or how it burned her tongue. It was time for business, and Rhein secretly thanked a higher power she could stop thinking about herself and rather the work at hand.

“Well, I wanted to offer something like a partnership to you, but not so much in a business sense.” Rhein took the time to push up her glasses before crossing her arms over her chest, “As we established, Juno is gunning for you outside of work hours and probably has plans to harass you at your home. Neither of us want that to happen, so it would make sense to work together to stop it.”

A hissing noise began to grow steadily from the kitchen, something sizzling loudly yet sounding deliciously juicy. Amazingly, the waiter had brought out Rhein’s salad and rice in that short a time, and quickly returned the hissing, sizzling stake to the boxer, though he said the potatoes and desert box would be a few moments more.

“So, I would like you to tell me if Juno ever does anything to you. I mean anything. If she talks to you, walks by you, gives you anything, I would like to hear about it. If possible, I would appreciate it if the information shared was…exclusive, but if you find yourself in any immediate danger, then of course call the local authorities first.” Rhein wasn’t even touching her food even though her stomach clearly wanted it badly, “In exchange, I will share with you whatever I find on Juno, what her plots might be, who her friends are…the usual. Any information that will insure your safety and keep you out of harm’s way.”

The manager’s eyes moved around Cicilia, observing her before flashing her a grin, “Not that you couldn’t handle it. I just like my clients in once piece.”

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicilia Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:38 pm

Cicilia smiled and thanked the waiter as her MOUTH WATERING steak was placed before her, the sheer smell taking her ALL the way back to some of the few good times in Munich... Ah, there was nothing like eating real, prepared food.... Not the poor excuses of edible bio-matter the German cooked up on a regular basis to sustain her for a few hours. No, she meant real food... stuff that made someone's mind go blank with hunger, their mouths water in anticipation and their eyes focus on it and taking in every last pepper-corny detail. With her potatoes on the way, the boxer nearly forgot she and Rhein were here on official business as much as casual... but that didn't stop her from picking up her fork and knife, already sawing off a piece of meat!

"A partnership...?" She mused, her attention drawn away from the steaming, succulent meat upon her plate... again focused upon her work...

"Heh... If the cops would do something about any of this, there wouldn't be much of a problem." Cicilia scoffed as Rhein laid out the battle plan. Indeed, this sounded like every safety precaution a mother would tell her child: "Come to me if they keep bothering you!" "Go get an adult, they'll do something!"... Or so she assumed. Her father would either neglect to respond to her complaints or tell her to handle it herself usually... Effectively, Rhein was offering to be Cicilia's "mommy" in this scenario... whether for the safety of her "child"... or for the bully themselves.

"Heh... Heheheh..." The German laughed, her chuckles sharp... almost painful at the idea of actually agreeing to this, placing her hopes in this woman actually restraining such a wild element such as Juno Sawyer with a slap-on-the-wrist and a stern talking too... Did she actually think that she, a mere manager of her legal fights, could keep someone like THAT from inflicting pain on those she despised???

...Apparently she did... and that was the cruelest part of this joke...

"The question isn't whether or not I'll keep you informed." Cicilia remarked after taking a moment to think... and enjoy her beautifully prepared steak! "The question... is if you can keep that monster in line. I don't think you won't try... But do you think you can do enough?" She locked eyes firmly with the woman across from her, curious if she truly believed she could contain her. It was one thing to be confident in your ability... It was another to be overconfident... Juno was... well... she was just crazy but now she was dangerous...

"...What will you do make sure she stays away?" She asked, taking a sip of her juice.
Cicilia
Cicilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:56 pm

The sizzling steak did wonders for Cicilia’s appetite it seemed. Within no time at all, she had a fork and knife in her hand and was already cutting off a hunk of meat like an excited child. Rhein watched passively, her neutral smile and narrowed eyes waiting patiently as Cicilia chewed over her proposition the same way she chewed the hunk of flesh. Rhein stayed completely silent after making her offer, even pushing her food to the side so she had no distractions from her guest. If she had any issues with Cicilia digging in, Rhein didn’t reveal them. She seemed content to wait for an answer.

However, the one she got was neither a confirmation nor a denial. The smile faded just a bit, replaced with a mild look of surprise and a questioning glance. It seemed Cicilia still had a few questions, most of which were pointed towards Rhein’s ability to restrain Juno’s actions. The Nurse was crafty and wild, and she could likely find a way to get what she wanted if unimpeded for long. Cicilia seemed to want to insure Rhein could keep Juno on a leash, but was aware of her limitations.

Rhein’s smile returned, but it was different. It seemed a bit more…empty? She turned her head towards the window, the light once again reflecting in her glasses and hiding her Jade eyes from view.

“Perhaps there has been a slight misunderstanding, and I apologize for that as well. The question was; “Will you join me in exchanging information about our shared interest?” I’m sorry to say, your question has no easy “yes” or “no” answer.” When Rhein looked back, her eyes were as hard as stone, “I think I can stall Juno around for a good long while and keep her distracted from her little plans for a decent amount of time. Of course, she is far from my only client, and I’m sorry to say this isn’t the only thing I have going on right now. She could easily slip something past me and sneak her way right to you without me knowing anything…but that is why I’m asking for your cooperation. If she is pulling strings behind my back, chances are you will see it long before I do. If I know its happening, I can set up counter measures to slow her down… or at least give you some time to prepare.” She uncrossed her arms and leaned in as the German chewed on her cooked food, “Imagine how different some situations would have turned out if you had known ahead of time what some freak had planned.”

The rest of the food arrived shortly after. Warm, seasoned potatoes with a thick slice of melted butter and vegetables settled up next to the steak in a heavenly aroma while an adorable yet large white and pink box was set next to Rhein. After asking if the food was alright, Rhein assured him they were fine and shooed him away. Rhein was reasoning with someone, and she hated interruptions.

“I won’t always be able to stop Juno. I can’t. All I can do is try to preoccupy her with other things and put as much red tape between her and you two. Even if she cuts right through it, or if it doesn’t work period, I’ll try to stop her…that’s all I can offer. I can’t guarantee you will be safe forever, but I’ll do my best to keep her away from you… I suppose you will have to trust me, so we can help one another as best we can…”

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicilia Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:17 pm

The answer Cicilia was given was less than reassuring to say the least. Compared to the first iteration of her offer, this version placed a LOT more emphasis on the aspects the German had thought would be minimal: the uncertainty that would come with making this deal. While she appreciated the fact Rhein didn't waste her time with all these fake promises and all that garbage, the truth was arguably just as useless... What the boxer was being offered wasn't any kind of protection so much as it was "time." Time with Juno being redirected elsewhere, time in case the manager discovered one of her nurse's plans, but there was no assurance that the time given would be consistent... or given at all!

...It was gambling, essentially. Does Rhein draw Juno away long enough for both Cicilia and Sayumi to have a night together? ...Or would Juno surprise them both with a video not unlike that which the boxer had been shown today? There was no way to know whether the Juggernaut would be free this day and the next...

...And Rhein didn't seem the least bit interested in making it happen, either. It was this deal or no deal from what the Juggernaut determined... Harsh, but fair. She offered no more than she thought she could give...

Fine. That was fine. Some time better than no time...

"Okay... deal, I guess..." the Juggernaut agreed slowly... just as her potatoes and a large pink box were placed besides her steak! ...But Cicilia wasn't smiling anymore... Now she simply stared down at her food in thought. She had been hoping for freedom, a divine intervention of sorts that would make Juno *POOF* disappear from her life.... No, all she got was the equivalent of a pillow for her cell, something to make the fact she was still in a cage that much more bearable. She would've been foolish beyond words to just dismiss this offer... she knew that because the benefits were good and the requirements were minimal but...

Take what you get, you spoiled brat...
Cicilia growled internally, chastising herself for her indecision. You lose nothing! Be grateful!

"Look... Thanks for going out of your way to offer me something..."
The boxer offered, glancing up from her plates. "You probably could have ignored me or went about this by yourself but... thanks for letting me in on it... I... I guess it makes me feel more comfortable."
Cicilia
Cicilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next