Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 132 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 130 Guests :: 3 Bots

saryakimura96, skip-stop

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Lull and apology (with analysis)

+2
Bluemouse
hamish1024
6 posters

Go down

Lull and apology (with analysis) Empty Lull and apology (with analysis)

Post by hamish1024 Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Apologies to all I have RPs with, as my sig said I was away 4-5 weeks and really busy IRL.

Unfortunately, I can’️t promise I can continue my ongoing threads straight away - although I am back now, I seem to be struggling to get back in the spirit of the RPs.

I don’️t know why it isn’️t clicking right now, maybe I need a longer break.

If I were going to overanalyse the problem, I would say it feels like my immersion in AFW has broken. The fights are feeling quite disconnected; there are no real story arcs or character development - whilst everyone is game to try new things, it feels rare for anything to happen that would pull a wrestler away from their original character profile (whatever crazy hardcore hentai shit a character gets up to, 99% of the time they will be pristine and unchanged for their next fight). That’️s not a criticism (it’️s understandable that there needs to be consistency in the rosters), it just feels like a cap on what can happen. And yes, I know that there are loads of exceptions to this, and plenty of board members with better RP skills than me. Part of the problem is that I made my character spread too wide, for sure. Though I think the niceties of post-by-post roleplaying is a factor in the disconnect (having to carefully frame your posts in measured ‘what-if’️ paragraphs, so as not to upset anything the other player may or may not have planned, probably serves to dull the action after a while).

Either way, I’️m being a bit crap at this right now, so sorry.

hamish1024

Back to top Go down

Lull and apology (with analysis) Empty Re: Lull and apology (with analysis)

Post by Bluemouse Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:52 am

If I may make a suggestion, pick one character (if you have time, maybe two) and forget about the rest. Then start building plot lines.

My motivation is nil right now because I have bigger things taking up my brain, but in general the threads that interest me are the ones that contribute to larger stories. One-off stuff doesn't do it for me most of the time, especially not one-off matches. Who wants to do that?

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by hamish1024 Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:21 pm

That's kind of in tune with what I thought. Long term story arcs are cool. My balance with creating characters vs actually playing them was way off. Trouble is, I like creating characters...

[quote="Bluemouse":2wadtcup] One-off stuff doesn't do it for me most of the time, especially not one-off matches. Who wants to do that?

90% of the board? Ok i've not counted, but I would guess 9/10 threads are standalone?

hamish1024

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:53 pm

I like long term stoylines too, especially the ones that include something with impact on the management and which are highlighted even in matches of the people involved or even people that read it and want to incorporate it in their posts(the last one was with kaz, 3 threads long^^) . I have several messages from people stored that wanted to do something like that but never came back to the idea or had only a vague idea at all, and you can only plan so far until you get tired to plan anything on your own until the nect idea springs out of your mind and you try to start something again.

And sadly, only a few people scavenge the character bios and blogs for inspirations for a storyline too.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hamish1024 Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:12 pm

I guess (real-world) match length is a problem. When they take several months to complete, a multi-thread storyline becomes a commitment measured in years.

Perhaps bolder strokes with the post-by-post RPing would help this - I know the tradition is for matches to be 8-10 pages long, but maybe if you're going for story-linked matches, compressing the action into 4-5 pages would help?

Though I guess the main stumbling block is that, with long-term storylines, there is an element of 'railroading', which people don't like.

hamish1024

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Railroading is perfectly alright, if you talk to the people you're RPing with about it and work it out first. Most people here seem pretty cool about it.

"Hey, X and Y are fighting, I'd be cool with X winning, so long as you let Y do this and this during the match. Then when they rematch later on, Y could try to do this again as a callback to it and that could lead to that and that..." and so on, and so forth.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:08 pm

I like to pick spots that I'd like to hit, but in general leave the whole thing open to changes along the way.

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:27 am

The average match length USED to be 4 pages. It's only grown recently. I'd say it's closer to 7 now. I think 6-8 pages is pretty good.

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinFace Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:34 am

That's why I'm just going to stick with Rubina for now instead of making another character. I can actually get some stuff started with her now if I want to.

[url=http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8249:pixqtu9t]Rubina[/url:pixqtu9t]

KevinFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down