by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 10:08 pm

» Rina Ninoita vs Blue Thunder Mask - Colour Clash
by Yori Today at 9:06 pm

» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:48 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:35 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 142 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 141 Guests :: 3 Bots

JaimeJohnsomXD

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Siren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed?

+16
LunarWolf
TiefBlau
hamish1024
Harrier
Lobo
Tatyina
anegge
Alexandra
KillerV
Kitten
kiranar
IndigoDragon
kerflubble
mnpinner
Bluemouse
XSirenX
20 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Siren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed? - Page 11 Empty Re: Siren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed?

Post by Kelsea Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:18 pm

If the film doesn't take almost 3 hours it's not a Lord of the Rings/Hobbit film.

The film felt like it went on for 5 hours (the trailers were on for a long time as well I suppose), I kept flitting between moments of becoming immersed and moments of thinking "My god, are we not done yet?"... I haven't read the book, but quickly determined and asked my friend for confirmation that Turiel and Legolas was not in the original. Maybe its different for someone who hasn't read the Hobbit, but their appearance didn't massively fudge things up for me, at the same time I believe they could have quite easily not been in the film with little repercussions.

When the love triangle started up, I was initially happy because my gripe with the first film was that the dwarfs were not given much in the way of individuality, I saw them as one big slap stick comedy group and thought this was an opportunity to develop them. It didn't quite work out exactly how I thought it would... We are now two thirds of way through and the only dwarf's name that I can remember and place to a face without looking up is Thorin... After that I am back to describing them by their looks "The fat one... The old one... the one with an axe sticking out of his head (Can no one else see that thing? whats up with that?).."

Smaug's conversation with Bilbao (like Bilbao's conversation with Gollum in the previous film) was the highlight for me and again it only came up a pretty deep way into the film... Despite that I'd stretch my neck out and say that I enjoyed the film.

Last edited by 2 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spotlight
characters:
Siren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed? - Page 11 ELZuoMvSiren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed? - Page 11 OG5hnuaSiren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed? - Page 11 Cg3CzYmSiren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed? - Page 11 398g342

Prepare your face for ThE BRaT PaCK
Kelsea
Kelsea
Site Admin

http://www.afwrpg.forumotion.com/t1368-kelsea-s-karacter

Back to top Go down

Siren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed? - Page 11 Empty Re: Siren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed?

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Cons:

Biggest issue by far is Legolas and Girl Legolas. Them not being in the original book is not the problem since other things that were never in the original book, like the Dwarves fighting Smaug, were fucking awesome and worth every penny. Legolas though, just sucks here. He has none of the sassy bitch humor he had in Lord of the Rings, mainly because this time he has no foil to play off of, like he did with Gimli, nor does he have that weird lust for Aragorn, who wasn't born yet here. Not to mention he has this ultimate poker face thing going on the entire movie, to the point where he actually looks old. The Elven King had more charisma in his argument with Thorin, where his hammy facial expressions were entertaining as hell to watch.

As for Lego-Bitch, she had pretty much no business being anywhere in the film. Period. Like Alex said, she's a mary sue. She's a humble, lower class elf who manages, apparently without trying, to win the heart of an elf prince and a Dwarf she just met, is captain of the elf kings guards, and is capable of shooting freaking arrows out of the air, when Legolas, who is usually portrayed as untouchable, didn't have even a faint idea it was coming towards him until after the fact? Yeah.....screw that.

Other than that, any issues I have with the film are small enough that its nitpicking. Like Bilbo hearing voices and starting to gain an obsession with the Ring. It's been like...3 days, maybe 4, since he picked it up. But that's a small issue with the LOTR films themselves, in that they, for some reason, refuse to acknowledge how much time these journey's take. As far as The Hobbit films have shown, Bilbo's adventure may as well have been a couple of weeks long, a month at longest, when it took like, a year. If he's already this obsessed now, how are we supposed to believe he actually maintained his sanity when LOTR starts like 60 years later?

Again, that's a small nitpick though. I loved everything else with the film. Smaug was awesome, Dwarves vs Smaug was awesome, can't wait for the next one in July.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Or the fact that they said Bilbo had a keen eye for finding THE MOST OBVIOUS FUCKING GIANT STAIRCASE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD when two seconds earlier in their little game of toobin' they were doing things that required as much or more keen eyesight as the things Legolas and female legolas were doing?

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarWolf Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:34 am

Aragorn is technically alive during the events of the hobbit. He's around 89ish years old in Lord of the rings.

Under Constuction

LunarWolf
LunarWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by XSirenX Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:56 am

Off topic sorry, I thought you had left, Lunar? >_>

Last edited by 11215 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

ADD me on Discord: Sirenette#3482

If You RP on F-List, chances are I Own You.

Siren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed? - Page 11 CxD01fY
Siren's movie talk 2013~has the game changed? - Page 11 Ztlr0GU
XSirenX
XSirenX

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:52 am

[quote="LunarWolf":zhg0hx2h]Aragorn is technically alive during the events of the hobbit. He's around 89ish years old in Lord of the rings.

87. U_U

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarWolf Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:47 am

At the end of Return of the king he's about 89.

Under Constuction

LunarWolf
LunarWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:50 pm

[quote="LunarWolf":29ka5h2n]At the end of Return of the king he's about 89.

Is that during the epilogue?

Extended Cut of Two Towers has Aragorn talking with Éowyn and he tells her "Ay Gurl I'm 87." I only watched the films and they seem to talk place within months of eachother. The book will probably say different. Of course back then. Peter Jackson apparently wasn't changing much from the story.

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarWolf Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:53 pm

4 years lobo, 4 years.

And yes, in the epilogue he is 89.

Under Constuction

LunarWolf
LunarWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11