by ARStudios2000 Today at 4:52 am

» Dirk Lewser Vs. Erina Stallone II
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 1:32 am

» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:19 am

» Avalanche 2023: Iris Takahashi (C) vs Giovanni Zeppeli: Nekketsu Title Match
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:12 am

Who is online?
In total there are 209 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 207 Guests :: 3 Bots

ARStudios2000, Fummo

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Godmoding and Powerplaying

+28
TiefBlau
alearose
Kounoko
Deus001
Clyton
TekRobo
ArcherGurl
darktower1408
kerflubble
Harrier
DarthMalice
Jilly
CenaFan1991
UrbanChamp
Jizzelle
Kitten
FairyGirl
Kelsea
anegge
daemongirl
WrestlerAngel
Cirno
Admin
Alexandra
KillerV
Old_Man_Tai
Bluemouse
Tatyina
32 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Godmoding and Powerplaying - Page 9 Empty Re: Godmoding and Powerplaying

Post by WrestlerAngel Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:32 am

I want to register here that ALL of the paragraphs Tai wrote in this page had NOTHING to do with ANYTHING I wrote.

Stephanie Lawrence's Profile
http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/tension-pro-females-f61/stephanie-laurence-t5862.html

Ms Garcia, the Teacher's Profile
http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/tension-pro-females-f61/ms-garcia-the-teacher-t5984.html#p144698
WrestlerAngel
WrestlerAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:34 am

I think either one of us misunderstood the other post, (I admit, I might have misunderstood your "keep competitive roleplayers away from you" line as "competitive role players, of whom are the only good ones, will stay away from AFW, which is a bad thing." as opposed to the other possibility, "It will keep assholes who just want to win all the time away from AFW, which is a good thing."),

or

That's just a really snide way of saying "I disagree with everything you said and don't want to associate my part in this conversation with you. Because your stupid."

Back to top Go down

Post by WrestlerAngel Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:32 am

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Wrong!

All of them. Read again! I wrote the following:

Powerplaying is not making your opponent suffer or get humiliated. Powerplaying is, according to the rules, "make your character seem unbeatable".
<<< READ IT

Powerplaying = roleplaying as an unbeatable character, or, at least, refusing to have your character lose. Simple as that.

Which will keep competitive roleplayers away from you :>

'Which', in this sentence, refers to Powerplaying, aka playing with a unbeatable character. Doing THAT will keep competitive players away from you.

SO, I WILL TRANSLATE WHAT I JUST WROTE FOR YOU: IF ONE POWERPLAYS, THAT ONE WILL KEEP COMPETITIVE PLAYERS AWAY FROM HIM.

POWERPLAYING = MAKING NO COMPETITIVE PLAYERS WANT TO RP WITH YOU.

POWERPLAYING = BAD

Stephanie Lawrence's Profile
http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/tension-pro-females-f61/stephanie-laurence-t5862.html

Ms Garcia, the Teacher's Profile
http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/tension-pro-females-f61/ms-garcia-the-teacher-t5984.html#p144698
WrestlerAngel
WrestlerAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:46 am

<_<

The point remains, that godmodding and powerplaying is bad.

Even if you think it's 'fun', you're doing it at the expense of others. In the end, you're hurting everyone around you, yourself included.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:52 am

WA, why is it that every time this thread pops up in my recent posts, it's you yelling like a crazy person?

Just leave this thread alone already.

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirno Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:55 am

When it comes to rape, I god mode.

Middle Weight:
Raiye Amikura
Kagura Rine

Kawaii:
Cerbera Kashnakov
Cirno
Cirno

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01 am

[quote="WrestlerAngel":ba3olp2w]BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Wrong!

Powerplaying is not making your opponent suffer or get humiliated. Powerplaying is, according to the rules, "make your character seem unbeatable".
<<< READ IT

Powerplaying = roleplaying as an unbeatable character, or, at least, refusing to have your character lose. Simple as that.

'Which', in this sentence, refers to Powerplaying, aka playing with a unbeatable character. Doing THAT will keep competitive players away from you.

SO, I WILL TRANSLATE WHAT I JUST WROTE FOR YOU: IF ONE POWERPLAYS, THAT ONE WILL KEEP COMPETITIVE PLAYERS AWAY FROM HIM.

POWERPLAYING = BAD

Good fucking lord.

I just had apparently was involved in a possibly one sided disagreement with someone, despite the fact that we both agree on what powerplaying, despite having one having a more simple definition while the other has a longer version, is and that it is bad.

Thanks for the definitive "FOR RETARDED TAI" summary of what Powerplaying is though. I clearly didn't know despite reading this whole thread and being around forever and all that.

Though on further note, wouldn't "Competitive Players" be the ones more likely to powerplay?

I'm not competitive and I never powerplay.

Don't really think I would want "Competitive players" around me if that be the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:59 pm

[quote="TaiKamiya":2hw5doqm][quote="WrestlerAngel":2hw5doqm]BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Wrong!

<<< READ IT

POWERPLAYING = BAD

Good fucking lord.

I just had apparently was involved in a possibly one sided disagreement with someone, despite the fact that we both agree on what powerplaying, despite having one having a more simple definition while the other has a longer version, is and that it is bad.

Thanks for the definitive "FOR RETARDED TAI" summary of what Powerplaying is though. I clearly didn't know despite reading this whole thread and being around forever and all that.

Though on further note, wouldn't "Competitive Players" be the ones more likely to powerplay?

I'm not competitive and I never powerplay.

Don't really think I would want "Competitive players" around me if that be the case.

Language Mr Tai, swearing won't solve anything :S

Admin
Site Admin

http://afwrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelsea Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 pm

We all agree that power gaming is bad, so lets put an end to arguments over minor variations in definitions of it.

Instead lets concentrate on making sure it doesn't occur so much in our future matches. The purpose of this thread was to raise awareness of subtle forms of power gaming. To reiterate them they are:

-constantly not selling your opponents moves (Your wrestler is knocked down but pops straight back up, wiping down his or her shoulders with a smile on their face as if it was nothing... Or your wrestler simply never seems to tire despite being hit a couple of times they act as if they are as fresh and can perform all the moves that they normal would be able to).
-constantly playing the counter attack card (specifically with the intention to control the match like I explained earlier)
-constantly writing multiple attacks so as to hit your opponent with a combo (this one is less subtle... Its not good practice to power slam your opponent, mount them, slam their head back against the mat and then start raining down punches at their head all in one post).

I think Tatyina got it right that these are the most common subtle quirks (not to mention straight out godmoding where you simply ignore your opponents attacks or call damage on your opponent.)

Spotlight
characters:
Godmoding and Powerplaying - Page 9 ELZuoMvGodmoding and Powerplaying - Page 9 OG5hnuaGodmoding and Powerplaying - Page 9 Cg3CzYmGodmoding and Powerplaying - Page 9 398g342

Prepare your face for ThE BRaT PaCK
Kelsea
Kelsea
Site Admin

http://www.afwrpg.forumotion.com/t1368-kelsea-s-karacter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jilly Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:05 am

Pardon butting in, but a thinktank question-a character appears. He is one off, an intruder. He has, by some form (achillie's heel?) gained physical invulnerability. Beyond this, he is human. Albeit a human with extreme proficience in martial arts and general hand to hand combat. Him, verses a trained AFW fighter, or even multiple fighters, and no official rules. Would that be gm/pp?

(Scenario example, master theif with some enchantment wants something the girls have, will stop at nothing to get it. The girls stop at nothing to knock him to kingdom come)

Jilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum