Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 154 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 154 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Be nice to new people!

+6
zxn666
Kitten
Old_Man_Tai
Vivian
Admin
Alexandra
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Be nice to new people! - Page 3 Empty Re: Be nice to new people!

Post by Alexandra Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:19 pm

[quote="Kitten":26z6x2ic]I have tried to help newbs improve their roleplaying skills and grammar too...

and they have told me I am a bitch ruining their fun

Their fun apparently consist in me writing good posts and they answering with illegible one-liners no-selling.

Never again

That's alright. That's perfectly understandable. If someone does that, then drop them like a rock.

I'm referring more to the discussion forum, to newcomer's intro threads. That's where I'm consistantly seeing a lot of new people get shat on for tiny things.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by UrbanChamp Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:37 pm

[quote="Tatyina":34b0ar1v]
P.S. I like Goldberg o.o Even if he was in the best worst match of all time!

Steven Regal...

[quote="Alexandra":34b0ar1v]
I'm referring more to the discussion forum, to newcomer's intro threads. That's where I'm consistantly seeing a lot of new people get shat on for tiny things.

Jizzebel said something weird to me and I took it as a joke, and we became bestest friends after that.

Last edited by 10653 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

UrbanChamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:50 pm

After talking with Kitten, I am really inclined to take her side, but I'm going to actually agree with a Mod for once. It is a two way street. The whole point of us veterans being here isn't for our own pleasure, but to train the new bloods when the arrive so that they can have fun and keep this place running when we are gone. That is our sole job and that was the sole point of the Veteran status. To have people who would play with the newbs, help them get adjusted, and help them improve when we could. Some of us have done this with mixed results. Some of us, like me, have never done it nor tried, which makes it pointless for us to be around hogging up space.

And then you have situations like Kittens, someone who has made an effort with newbs, and who has tried to help, yet has been basically spat on an insulted for simply trying to help said newbs achieve something as easy as proper grammar. Seriously new people. Is it that freaking hard for you to not have horrible typing? Kitten is from Mexico, English is a second language for her and yet she still has the single best vocabulary and grasp of proper grammar of anyone on the site. Does it really make us assholes for asking you to have a post that isn't total shit and full of mistakes that a simple spell check would fix? Is it really too much for us to ask a little respect out of you when we try to help you with these issues, and not have you spit back at us in response?

This isn't youtube. This isn't 4-Chan. This isn't the Something Awful forums. This is not a place where being a selfish dick gets you ahead....except in the case of one guy, and I still don't know how that happened. Respect needs to be mutual, yes. Veterans need to not trash newbies in their "hello" threads and need to try and offer to help when they can. Newbies meanwhile, need to understand that when we do offer that help, it's not because we want to be jerks to you or stop you from having fun. We have done this long enough, We know what we are doing, we want to help you improve so that in the future, you can continue to have fun with more people, instead of ending up virtually ignored because nobody can read or understand you, something which has already started happening.

As for the people, newbs and veterans alike, that feel the need to "goldberg" all the time...You should just know that we all talk about you behind your back, and that we hate you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3