by hunter of speed Today at 3:37 pm

» Alisson "Blanc" Miller - the lucky white rabbit
by hunter of speed Today at 3:33 pm

» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:38 pm

» Avalanche 2023: Iris Takahashi (C) vs Giovanni Zeppeli: Nekketsu Title Match
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:34 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 130 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 129 Guests :: 3 Bots

killcarrion

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Some observations about wrestling

+6
Alexandra
Soiuku
Old_Man_Tai
Jizzelle
Bluemouse
Kitten
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Some observations about wrestling Empty Some observations about wrestling

Post by Kitten Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:38 am

This is a thread about how Pro-wrestling works. I´m putting it here so maybe people will read it and get some ideas for their RP. Please feel free to comment or rant.

HOW THINGS END:

This is about how matches end in Pro-Wrestling

Pure Finish:
A "Pure" Finish is most common in Face vs Face matches and happen in non-important matches in the lower cards. These are finishes that are pure 1-2-3 or tap-out with no outside interference and no rule breaking on either side. The idea is that when someone loses, they've lost and the winner is distinctly the better competitor of that day. Heels if applicable and if the storyline has been promoted significantly rarely win this way. It can also be considered a burial in some cases if a heel wins. (Wrestlemania 26: HBK vs. Undertaker)

Clean Finish:
A Clean finish is to where the moves leading up to a victory are clean. There has been minimal outside interference and rule breaking on the behalf of the winner. These are most well known when a Face defeats a Heel. An alternative form is a Heel who has help/illegal moves but loses anyway. A Heel winning clean is considered to be a significant victory in most cases. While normally a safe option, this kind of finish can be considered boring if everyone was wanting a more interesting finish, such as interference or a face/heel turn from an ally. (Wrestlemania 25: HHH vs Randy Orton)

Dirty Finish:
Another Face vs Heel standard victory type. This is the most common way a heel wins. A quick low blow, tights grab, outside interference distraction, eye rake etc. will catch the opponent off guard and achieve victory. This is considered by many to be the "heel equivalent" of a clean finish, and considered a real victory to many. (Dolph Ziggler vs Kaval, Survivor Series)

Crutch Finish:
These are matches that have heavy outside interference or illegal moves, and the victor (usually heel) did little to achieve the victory in their own right. This is usually accompanied by weak moves by the heel and it would be obvious that the face would have not just won, but in-fact dominated the match otherwise. An alternative form is tag team member screwing their partner. While useful in small dosages for storylines, this has been a common sight in new champions and fast-pushed superstars that has had many IWC fans disgusted. Most notably seen in many Miz, Swagger and original Nexus matches. Probably the best use of this is a heel stable trying to gain creditability as hated. (Miz vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler, TLC Match) (Corre vs Miz/Cena II)

Dusty Finish:
Named after Dusty Rhodes, these matches end in double countouts, double DQ, or any kind of draw format that allows the champion to keep their title. These are probably the most sketchy of all finishes, because if they are done properly it can do wonders for a feud, but if not they can absolutely crush it. (Kane vs Edge, WHC Match)

Injury Finishes:
Injuries happen, and can lead to unfortunate results, this has happened twice in prominent Edge feuds (Matt Hardy, Randy Orton) which has led to matches ending prematurely. This obviously leads to unfortunate results in nearly all cases as everyone (fans, storylines etc.) is left without "closure". While not anyone's fault really, it usually kills the storyline either figuratively or literally.

Audible Finishes:
Audible finishes are usually accidents or quick changes to overcome a screw up. Examples include Hardy vs Sting, TNA Championship, Vince Russo's WCW Championship when the cage broke from Goldberg's spear, and I'm willing to put money on Batista's and Rock's royal rumble victories (Batista/Cena Draw, Rock touching floor). Depending on the severity and the audible called by the company these can be horrific (Hardy/Sting), to neutral(Miz eliminating Cena at Rumble 2011), to actually helping a storyline (Big Show trying to prove Rock touched the floor)

Squash Finish:
Pretty Self Explanatory, here comes monster heel or really pissed off superstar, here comes weak nobody or skinny guy. Heel smashes Face. (Pun Intended) (Sheamus vs Jamie Noble, Koslov vs Local Jobbers, Triple H [2011 return] vs [ironically] Sheamus) Can bury a up and coming superstar who was on the receiving end, while not really doing much for the monster unless they are a face. Possibly the most overused poor match result in WWE storylines.

Give Up Finishes:
These are done almost always by a heel who just gives up in a match against a face, this is usally done by just getting counted out, or intentionally disqualified to keep a title. These are best used as "intermediate" pieces to a storyline on TV Tapings, but are horrific in PPVs. (Sheamus vs Orton [Summerslam], Jericho vs Batista [Cyber Sunday])

KNOW YOUR ROLE:

This is about alignments in Pro-Wrestling

The True Face a.k.a. The Paladin
He follows his moral codex, and would rather lose than break the rules. He's dedicated and want the crowds support rather than their love. Often he has above-average wrestling-skills and triumphs when they shine through in the end. Usually he seems a bit two dimentional, and his feuds are seldom spectacular, due to him never bending the rules. Ofte a jobber-to-the-stars.

Typical examples: Evan Bourne, Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston (recently)

The Smart Hero
He knows that to beat the bad guys you sometime have to break the rules, usually with a nudge and a wink to the fans. He's prefers to fight fair, but if the opponents starts playing dirty he knows a thing or two that's not mentioned in the rulebook as well. Usually the main-event faces end up in some shade of this archetype, as they can better let the Heels get a taste of their own medicine.

Typical examples: John Cena, Edge (when face), John Morrison.

The Sneaking Goofball - Hidden Bad-Ass
Cheerful, happy and well-loved this guy want's to have fun in the squared-circle, but can sometimes seem a bit nonchalant. They are often a bit goofy or even naive, but Do. Not. Push. Them! If they get pushed to far they are fully ready kick ass and not bother taking names, with or within the rules.
Unlike The Smart Hero they will have to be bullied into going to extremes though.

Typical examples: Santino Marella, Big Show, Jerry «The King» Lawler

The Face-In-Name-Only a.k.a. The Anti-Hero
He uses the psychology of a heel, has a heelish-gimmick and the move set of a heel with vicious and devastating results. The only thing that separate him from a heel is that he usually fights and feuds against heels, and have the fans support in doing so. Often a result of a popular Monster-heel turning face.

Typical examples: Kane (when face), Undertaker, Randy Orton.

The Tweener
The true tweener is a rare breed. Able to look as natural agains a face as against a heel, very few wrestlers actually stay a tweener for long. Most often it is a phase in a transition from heel to face or vice versa. My examples are all wrestlers who kept this alignment for a longer period.

Typical examples: HHH, Shawn Michaels.

The Likeable Rogue a.k.a. The Magnificent Bastard
He doesn't break the rules because he has to, but because he wants to. But he is fully capable to hand you a deserved beat-down cleanly. Usually full of catchphrases, mannerism and a healthy dose of self-irony. He toys with the fans and other wrestlers, and always seem to come out his feuds with at least a partial victory., and leaving his opponents with eggs on their face (pun intended) even when they win. He loves to point out any hypocracy in the Smart Heros actions.

Typical examples: The Rock, Chris Jericho, Edge (when heel), The Miz (aspiring)

The Cocky Champ-To-Be
He's not champion because he's not good enough, but due to meddling faces and bad-luck. At least in his own mind. He usually have above-average skills in the ring. But he tends to get in trouble with the governing bodies in the promotion, due to his shenanigans. He is the heel most likely to not see himself as a heel, but rather just as a keen competitor using every means possible.

Typical examples: Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio

The Ruthless Villain
A man on a mission, usually a belt, but it could also be to act out his revenge for real or perceived wrongs he has suffered at the hands of a face. Look for henchmen, and a willingness to sacrifice them if need be.

Typical examples: CM Punk, Wade Barret, Cody Rhodes

The Monster
Just what it says on the box. The Monster doesn't so much cheat to win as just disregard any rules or regulations when the fight is on. Seemingly unstoppable at times, always a threat to the safety and careers of any faces who's unlucky enough to get in his way. Powerful manhandling and destruction is his trade, and a large number of his matches will be squashes. The Monster is what Creative breaks out when a face has become seemingly undefeatable. When a heel can conceivably defeat anyone on the roster in a single one-on-one fight, we have ourselves a Monster.

Typical examples: Kane (when heel), Ezekiel Jackson, Sheamus

Some observations about wrestling 6u0iRWY
Some observations about wrestling QiougD6Some observations about wrestling TTlOMaFSome observations about wrestling 5t0Q5s2Some observations about wrestling WBwz47u
Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Some observations about wrestling Empty Re: Some observations about wrestling

Post by Bluemouse Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:17 am

Wow. That's a crazy lot of info there. I don't think I've ever seen finishes and alignments laid out quite so thoroughly.

I tried to place my 3 characters in there... Cassie can safely be a paladin. Allison I think would be between a 'ruthless villain' and a 'tweener'. Taylor... I have no idea. I'm at least happy that I can't place her anywhere in there. Maybe that means I've done my job in writing her. Who knows.

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:31 am

These are simply archetypes. These aren´t things that you have to follow or avoid. They simply exists. And I though it would be useful to be aware of them.

Some observations about wrestling QiougD6Some observations about wrestling TTlOMaFSome observations about wrestling 5t0Q5s2Some observations about wrestling WBwz47u
Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jizzelle Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:52 am

All of my characters shall be Likable Rouges because Jericho.
Jizzelle
Jizzelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:05 am

Kitten, you are awesome. I hearby offer any of my guys for your characters to squash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:22 am

Let´s see... judging myself by my own standard.

Natalia is so far a tweener, although usually leans to the face-in-name-only type or the cocky-champ-to-be

Natsumi would be a smart-hero... but she isn´t very smart.

Himiko would be a likable-rogue

Hotaru would be a ruthless villain...but cute.

Kyoko is a cocky-champ-to-be

Hela would be a Ruthless villain, wannabe Monster

And Angela would be a mix between the Monster and the likable rogue.

Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Soiuku Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:49 pm

This is very well thought out, but I have to say that I myself prefer the Good, Neutral, Evil; Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic alignments~
But you really look like you thought this out and did your research!~ :"O
Also, I usually prefer faces over heels anyday~ ^^"

I don't know about Angela being a to-be monster though; maybe Lawful Evil or Dirty Heel?~

Last edited by 939 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Friction Roster: [url=http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/friction-roster-f10/rumi-kasegawa-t2422.html:icaiegl1]Rumi Kasegawa[/url:icaiegl1] [url=http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/friction-roster-f10/kailey-von-boom-kasegawa-t2466.html:icaiegl1]Kylie 'Von Boom' Kasegawa[/url:icaiegl1] [url=http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/friction-roster-f10/sairenji-todou-t2498.html:icaiegl1]Sairenji Todou[/url:icaiegl1] [url=http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/friction-roster-f10/jojo-mcmonkey-t2587.html#p64087:icaiegl1]JoJo McMonkey[/url:icaiegl1]

Sex Wars Roster: [url=http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/sex-wars-roster-f11/terry-vin-franklestein-t2453.html:icaiegl1]Terry Vin' Franklestein[/url:icaiegl1]

Alternative Roster: [url=http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/alternative-roster-f32/spencer-magnabeat-t2467.html:icaiegl1]Spencer Magnabeat[/url:icaiegl1]

Fur & Feathers Roster: [url=http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/fur-feathers-roster-f52/emily-chao-t2749.html:icaiegl1]Emily Chao[/url:icaiegl1] [url=http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/fur-feathers-roster-f52/yeadow-t2763.html:icaiegl1]Yeadow[/url:icaiegl1]

Soiuku

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Not sure what chaotic and lawful comes up in wrestling. These are therms used in the wrestling circles. Never heard of anyone saying this or that wrestler was lawful neutral.

Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 am

[quote="Kitten":7uptnfkw]Not sure what chaotic and lawful comes up in wrestling. These are therms used in the wrestling circles. Never heard of anyone saying this or that wrestler was lawful neutral.

They're terms that originate from Dungeons and Dragons.

It's a really flawed system that thankfully fourth edition mostly dropped.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:37 am

I know nothing about that. In wrestling you don´t have good and evil, chaos and order.

You have Heels and Faces... and all that is in between.

Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next