» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:38 pm

» Avalanche 2023: Iris Takahashi (C) vs Giovanni Zeppeli: Nekketsu Title Match
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:34 pm

» The Defiant Darkness tries to get an Underling
by Kookio Today at 9:05 am

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Kookio Today at 8:53 am

» Yori Takibi vs. Birbie Becky - The Blazing Winds Will Rage!
by ARStudios2000 Today at 4:13 am

Who is online?
In total there are 157 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 155 Guests :: 3 Bots

Cosmos, saryakimura96

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Storm’s Coming

2 posters

Go down

Storm’s Coming Empty Storm’s Coming

Post by acuyra Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:47 pm

Friction was only just starting, and already the crowd was buzzing with excitement. Not for the matches, exactly, though they did have a great lineup scheduled. Not for any specific announcement or anything on the playbill. No, tonight the crowd was buzzing because of a rumor that was spreading through the seats like wildfire. A certain woman was here, one who’d never been seen on Friction before. Nobody knew why she was around, but there were more than a few theories, and all of them promised to make this night a memorable one.

The crowd was left guessing for long, either, because the woman’s music, filling the arena with the bouncing beats of Mega Ran. Sure enough, a slim figure appeared at the top of the ramp a moment later, and there were no more doubts: Kozue Kaburagi had found her to Friction, and judging by the stern look on her face and the microphone in her hand, this was not a social call.

She came stomping down the ramp, only taking a pause to slap a few hands along the way and nothing more. Kozue was dressed up in her official fighting gear - the wraps, the short-shorts, the headband all of it. She looked ready to fight, and anyone who read the newspaper could make a good guess on who she was gunning for. No harm in making it official.

She slid under the bottom rope and rolled to her feet as the music died away and the crowd’s cheers rose. Deep breath, deep breath, and…

”Yeah, that’s right, I’m here!” She shrieked into the microphone and the crowd’s voices rose along with her, welcoming her with open arms right away. She’d long been a favorite to come over to Friction for a few matches, long term fans wanting to see her mix it up with more than men and Tension women. Now it seemed like they were getting their chance, and right away, too.

”You’re hearing right, you’re seeing right. Kozue Kaburagi is here, all the way from Kyoto. Merry Christmas.” She held her arms out and did a quick spin, getting a full look of the place, really taking it in, feeling the new smell. Wasn’t too different from Tension in construction. Maybe a ittlenlarger. Different colors, red instead of blue. Had a faint fruity smell to it.

Oh, and how could she forget? It had a certain woman of interest. Mighty as well get to that business.

”Now, big question: why am I here? Simple answer. A few weeks back, somebody got the jump on me and laid me flat. Not gonna lie, she really took it to me, laid me right the fuck out. Took me by surprise. But guess what?”

She turned toward the ramp and leaned forward, hand on her hip, a manic glare in her eye. ”Today? I’m ready. I’m willing. I’m able. So! Scarlet Farley!” The crowd gave another cheer. Even if they didn’t know that name, they realized they were about to get some action.

”Disappointed you last time? Try me again, you scurvy bitch! I’m right here, so bounce your way on down to this ring and we can get to talking about the drink you owe me!”

She threw the microphone down and started to pace about the ring, growing more eager with each second. She knew Scarlet was around today, and unless she was seriously mistaken about the women’s character, some pirate-themed music was about to start up, any second. Probably a shanty, if she had to guess.

Back to top Go down

Storm’s Coming Empty Re: Storm’s Coming

Post by Yori Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 am

"Oh no..."

Captain Scarlet Farley was in the building, as she was every night having having signed herself to Friction. Tonight was another evening in which she hadn't been booked. Rumor had been her "stunt" sidelining a Tension talent had drawn some heat down upon management, enough to hold her official debut as well as her pay. Still, she attended every night, in case she was called upon to assist her tag partner. Being in the building however wasn't the same as being all there however. She lounged in the back, relined against empty boxes of stage equipment with her tricorn hat tucked down over her eyes. Her snores has drawn some attention of the odd passerby here and there, who after finding the source, hurried on their way. At the base of the crates seated on a steel folding chair was one Rosemary Maynard, the better half in temperament alone of the tag duo yet to be named. Splayed out before her was a number of notepads and documents as she watched one of the backstage monitors, taking notes as she always did each night. Tonight was different though.

"You're being called out." Rosemary glanced back to the slumbering Captain, snapping her fingers in a attempt to rouse the massive woman to no avail. She drew back her arm, giving the crates a solid thump with her elbow, muttering a pained expletive under her breath. "Scarlet, you're being called out by that girl... " She narrowed her eyes as she gripped the back of her chair, twisting to stare up at the reclined Pirate Captain. "I know you're awake now, don't try to ignore me."

The Captain let out a mighty huff, shaking the feather in her cap. "Aye, aye..." Her lips parted as she let out a powerful whale like yawn. "Twas simply testing ye ears lass, good on ye." She snorted back something wicked, swallowing hard to return it to the depths. With a sigh she tipped up her cap, peering groggily to the monitor. Her eyes squinted into thin slits as she sat up. "That's the one who is calling me out?"

"Yes."
She gave a simple nod, glancing back to the screen. "I'm not all that surprised."

"Aye, aye..." The Captain threw up her legs, letting them slip over the edge of the container. Hunching forward, elbows on her knees she scratched her cheek struggling to place the face on the monitor. "...and who is she?"

"...The woman your hospitalized after a bar brawl? Supposedly the reason we aren't competing at the moment? Please tell me you're joking."
Rose stared over at Scarlet, completely aghast.

"A true Captain fights many a soul, and don't concern herself where they fall, just that they do." She dropped down off the crates, arms stretched high as she groaned softly. "Did ye want I should be sending her back to the hosp-"

"No! Just... go. But take it easy. Okay?" She clasped her hands together, giving them a small shake, practically begging Scarlet to behave.

"Ye have coil of rope to tie an arm behind me back lass?" She looked herself over, giving her top a good firm tug so she wasn't spilling out of her top. As far as she was aware it wasn't that sort of call out. If it was, she was a bit disappointed in the woman doing it.

"...No?" Rosemary cocked her head in visible bewilderment.

"Pity that... I'll have to use me best judgement then."
She let forth a boisterous guffaw as she headed down the hallway, whistling a jaunty tune.

"...That... But... Scarlet!" She shot out from her chair, calling down the hall. "At least don't hospitalize her again! PLEASE!"

Kozue, poor sweet Kozue would have been waiting quite awhile. There was no grand entrance. No music. Not even a direct light shined onto the stage as The Crimson Helmsman pushed her way past the curtain. She did however have a microphone in her hand, idly tapping it until it popped over the speakers. She surveyed the crowd, nodding lightly. Not quite as rowdy or energetic as she would have liked, but what could you do? Well, besides beat a small woman's ass sitting center stage. She started her way down to the ring, digging a finger at her eye to removed the last physical remnants of her nap.

"A wee birdie told me ye called me out?"
She came to stop just outside the ring, folding her arms on the ring apron as she peered through the ropes ate the American Ninja. "If ye would be so kind, could ye refresh me memory who ye are?" She gave a chuckled, seemingly unimpressed with the woman who stood before her. She was quick to hold up a hand, to ease any flaring tempers. "Mind, I'll take whatever challenge ye me layin' bare, but for me own wits I ask ye clarify." Reaching for the middle rope she pulled her massive frame up onto the apron, kicking one leg than the other over the top rope as she effortlessly crossed into the ring.

"The birdie told me I put ye in the hospital?"
She raised her brow as the crowd suddenly sprang to life for her, she hadn't even been trying. How thoughtful. "Looks like they may have shaved a bit off ye... ye're a wee little thing, aren't ye." She hand walked to the corner, leaning back to the turnbuckle as she spoke lazily into the microphone.

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:58 am

...where the fuck was she?

Kozue had done this before, seen it done, and it was always the same song and dance. You came out, you said your piece, you called someone out, and they came traipsing through the curtain in, like, a minute. Tops.

But not Scarlet. Nope. She had Kozue standing at the altar for two minutes, then three, then four, and on and on. The audience was getting restless. Things were getting awkward. She was starting to consider, perhaps, just exiting the ring and maybe calling for a mulligan on the whole thing.

And then came Scarlet.

Sure enough, she was all dressed up and ready to go. No surprise there, if she wore the getup to the bar, she certainly wore it when she was at the arena. What did surprise Kozue were the words that came out of her mouth. Confusing words, even by her standards. Words that seemed to imply she didn’t know who Kozue was.

”Are you…” He head cocked to the side, nearly going to a 90 degree angle. ”You can’t be serious. You can’t be-”

She cut herself off, picked the microphone back up and took a stomp towards the corner Scarlet had taken up residence in . ”The Pig & Sickle. We drank Bicardi, we fought, you spiked me into a table. Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten that shit, the rum didn’t hit you that damn hard.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Scarlet's features lit up as if she had some sort of epiphany, lifting a finger as if she were to make a grand announcement. She then simply shrugged. "I know the pig, it be one of me newer haunts. Fine people, fine spirits." She smiles fondly eyes drifting to the side. These days the regulars joined her in singing shanties. A rare and beautiful thing.

The Captain palmed tht top of her hat, wiggling it free from her head. The towering woman leaned back to set her finery onto the post before ever regarding Kozue again. "Ye concern be misplaced lass, I cannot recall the last time the drink has stolen me memory..." She cocked her head, ruminating on what she had just said before bursting out in a hearty belly laugh, slapping the ropes.

"Whoever ye be matters none. State ye terms so I can send ye back to the depths below and reclaim me slumber." The Captain leaned herself returning to her imposing height. She made good use of her natural intimidation by yawning softly. A true terror of the ring.

She held up her microphone giving to a wave. Her eyes scanned the ringside for someone to take it from her, she didn't think she needed to say anything more and wanted to be rid of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:46 pm

Kozue grit her teeth tight, barely able to contain the fury from spilling out as Scarlet spoke. She wasn’t playing. She’d messed with enough people in her life to know when someone was messing with her, and that was not what this was. Scarlet dead seriously, no question, full stop had no idea who she was. The woman had put her through table and nearly planted her in the middle of the bar, and she didn’t know who she was.

Fist clenched tight, back ramrod straight, she forced calm into her body as best as she could. That was okay. That was fine. It didn’t matter. She was going to remember her now, that was for damn sure.

”Kozue Kaburagi. You want to go sleep? I’ll put you to sleep.” Her fans gave a cheer at that, though she could note some slight uncertainty out there. Would have to do something about that. ”You. Me. Match. Now. Plain and simple.”

She tossed the microphone away and made her way over to the opposite corner, muttering as she waited for the referee to show. ”Call me a fucking gnat, fucking show your big ass…”

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:11 pm

The Captain had been a bit at a loss. This woman had called her out and was making such a big deal out of something so small. Perhaps they did something different here, more talking less fighting? She wouldn't know. She had yet to actually watch a single AFW match in action. Scarlet's expression changed as she saw the mounting anger in Kozue's body language, prompting her lips to tug wide and expose her shark like grin.

This woman was so tiny, so uptight, she looked like a doll with little angry eyebrows doodled onto her brow. Kozue had only just began to speak again when The Captain burst into laughter, unintentionally stealing some wind from the other woman's sails.

"Ye almost laid me down to rest with all ye idle chatter." She pat an open palm over he mouth, stifling another yawn, though this time it was fake, she had suddenly become interested enough in this encounter to play it up a bit for the sake of theatrics. She wagged the microphone in front of herself as she paced her side of the ring, walking two fingers along the top rope as she moved in time with them. "What say ye all? Sound off if ye want to see The Dread Pirate Scarlet Farley here tonight send this wench to an early grave!"

There was a resounding cheer from the crowd. Though it was unlikely in support of Scarlet alone and more to do with just wanting to see the match proposed here tonight. What more could people want? David vs Goliath. Ninjas vs Pirates. The Barren vs The Buxom. The title cards made themselves really. Scarlet gave her own mic a toss, sending it to the corner where Kozue's lay, since mistreating the equipment seemed to be of little consequence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down