by Diesel_Electric_Razor Today at 9:02 am

» The House That Vander Built - Abigail Le Grande vs. Kurt Vander
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:56 pm

» New Genesis: Kairi Kamiya vs Elliot Gemina
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:02 pm

» In the Den of the Beast: Fenrir vs Bulma Busujima
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:09 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 133 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 132 Guests :: 2 Bots

anon4you

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:00 pm by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Topic: Wrestling?

+20
Vcom7418
Mystery Dragon
M.J.Caboose14
Old_Man_Tai
acuyra
kerflubble
Alexandra
Serpon
BootsForSpooks
BritBrat
Yori
St.Ambs
SleeperAgent94
LtLukas
Link-mon
LARIATO
FlameofHope
killcarrion
SimplyMoon
Lobo
24 posters

Page 15 of 74 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 44 ... 74  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 15 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:59 am

I don't care for bailey but I feel bad for her not only getting injured but booed :c

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vcom7418 Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:08 pm

I want everyone to consider this:
As bad as Russo is, I seriously dont see him screwing up Bayley, maybe a heel turn sooner than it shouldve been. But I dont see him screwing her up so badly that she gathers XPac heat.
Whoever writes RAW actuallu managed to do just that.

GASTER (Friction)
Alice Gaster (Tension)
S.A.S. (Tag Team)
Chika Igarashi (Friction)
Vera Sapphire (Tension)

Open to PMs at any time. Also, all the time on Discord: Vcom7418#0756

Despite the primary show mentioned in the brackets, my gals are all open for matches on both brands (though I would like them to be more on their primary show Razz)
Vcom7418
Vcom7418

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Yes, I guess that people would have probably been confused a lot more with her booking instead of outright booing her. A hug on a pole match would surely be just right around the corner. A swerve here, a sudden turn there, the guy was just the king of crash TV.

Having said that, I would still massively prefer this to the unredeeming permahugger she is right now.^^

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:46 pm

So apparently a lot of the main guys in the G1 right now are pretty damn hurt and still working. Apparently EVIL was knocked right the fuck out by a Kenny Omega V-Trigger, then took another, followed by a One Winged Angel.

Anyone else think that the people of NJPW need to really just...kinda tone it down a notch? I mean, I felt bad for Shibata when he got so horribly hurt from that headbutt he did to Okada...at least, until I learned that Shibata went out of his way to do that stiff headbutt in every big match for a long time.

Thats...I mean, no offense to Shibata, but thats fucking stupid.

I mean, big respect to the talents in NJPW, but for fucks sake, I don't want to hear that, 5 years down the line they all had to retire and get severe surgery just because they wanted to entertain me, or because they just HAD to get some dumb and meaningless 5-10 star rating from Dave "literally just a guy with an opinion whose only credential is watching wrestling for 30 years" Meltzer.

Usually one of the reasons I enjoy the NJPW/AJPW and such that I've seen is that, most of the time, guys will work stiff, but still be relatively safe with each other. (Like, Okada's Rainmaker may be stiff, but its still a "choose your own bump" kind of move, and relatively safe finisher), but we've been seeing more and more risks being taken when they don't need to be, especially this year, such as Shibata's headbutt, Kenny throwing stiff knees pretty much everywhere he goes, and stupid shit like Okada taking a fucking Dragon Suplex off the top rope and landing on his neck.

I mean, geez guys, I know you work tag matches most of the time, but still, maybe tone it down a LITTLE with the super risky spots?

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:01 am

Old_Man_Tai wrote:So apparently a lot of the main guys in the G1 right now are pretty damn hurt and still working. Apparently EVIL was knocked right the fuck out by a Kenny Omega V-Trigger, then took another, followed by a One Winged Angel.

Yeah, the last few minutes of that match were kinda scary. EVIL was just dead weight while Kenny had to drag him up onto his shoulders for the One Winged Angel.

Honestly though I think the frequency of their shows is causing as much harm as any of the dangerous spots they do. AJPW, NOAH etc do spots just as dangerous and hard hitting, but they generally don't have as many shows to work as NJPW does, and they also seem to have fewer injuries (not that they don't get them, obviously, it's just less frequent it seems). G1's especially grueling because each wrestler has to do 9 "ppv quality" singles matches and usually have only one or two days separating one of those matches from the next. Obviously just plain working smarter and safer would help a lot of things on its own, but spreading out the time between shows - particularly high performance shows - could be huge, tho whether or not there's any likelihood in that happening is another thing entirely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:14 pm

I am generally not a fan of stiff moves, hardcore or blood, but I like the crazy suplexes and complex maneuvers Japanese performers spoil their fans with.

Kayfabe is dead, the justification of a credible wrestler who works stiff matches is therefore gone in my eyes.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:52 pm

What I don't get is why Omega, upon seeing Evil clearly the fuck out of it, not just pin him then!? Why go for the big risky finisher on a guy that's totally out of it and dead weight? Like, was he afraid he'd only be rated 4 stars instead of 6 if he didn't put his fellow worker at risk for a move he didn't need to go for?

Thats NJPW's problem in my eyes. Being stiff is fine and all, but not only can they go overboard with it (Seriously, Shibata's stiff headbutt is the stupidest fucking thing to do in wrestling, and not to keep picking on Kenny Omega, but jesus man, a stiff shot is one thing, but throwing a knee hard enough to legit knock your fellow worker out is just being an unsafe asshole.), but, no doubt because of the massive success they've been having over the last few years, fans want things to be stiffer, more brutal spots, and every match now, especially Okada's, has to somehow top the previous one.

Hell, I'm convinced that if Okada vs Omega 3 doesn't involve 12 Rainmakers a One Winged Angel off the ring apron onto the floor, as well as one of the top rope, and go 90 minutes, fans will shit on it. Fans LOVED the Shibata headbutt, until it ruined his career forever. Fans LOVE Omega's insane V Trigger knee strikes, even when they (only occassionally, to be fair) seriously fuck up the other worker.

Fans want things to be stiffer and more risky, and want every match to top the last one, and wrestlers feel like they are obligated or required to do so, and frankly, as silly as this sounds, I think some of them DO feel like they HAVE to get those 5 Star+ ratings from Dave Meltzer, and take bigger risks because of it, when they really don't need to.

Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I just see this as a trend that, moving forward, is going to cause problems. Every major star of the G1 right now is working hurt as fuck, and has more matches to go, and then, once this ends, sure, they'll get some rest...but then once this gets hailed as "The best G1 Ever!" (something every G1 gets hailed as anyway), people will want Wrestle Kingdom next year to somehow top all of that, as well as topping Omega/Okada.

At what point do these guys luck run out and bad shit happens? Shibata alone is absolute proof that yes, this system is flawed, and yes, this system can and will lead to bad shit happening and careers being cut short.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 am

Did....Did WWE find a way to take two matches OFF the Summerslam Card, then find a way to advance their stories and put them BACK on the card, in the same night?

That's....that's kind of brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:14 am

I thought they were good matches, especially the cruiser weight surprisingly

BUT Nia nearly killed Sasha for real with that swing into the barricade

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by FlameofHope Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:55 pm

I dropped off watching Raw and Smackdown, but in other wrestling news, Ric Flair is in the hospital. That sucks. Hope he pulls through, but according to multiple sites its not looking good.

Spoiler:
FlameofHope
FlameofHope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 74 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 44 ... 74  Next