by hunter of speed Today at 3:33 pm

» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:38 pm

» Avalanche 2023: Iris Takahashi (C) vs Giovanni Zeppeli: Nekketsu Title Match
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:34 pm

» The Defiant Darkness tries to get an Underling
by Kookio Today at 9:05 am

Who is online?
In total there are 182 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 179 Guests :: 3 Bots

CrashTestDumbass, killcarrion, Yori

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Gemma " Show Style " Styx

Go down

Gemma " Show Style " Styx Empty Gemma " Show Style " Styx

Post by RJD Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:29 am

Name: Gemma styx
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'6
Weight: 110lbs
Nationality: American

Attire

Wrestling gear ( minus ribbons on the waist ):

Casual clothes:

Theme " Beat it " by Michael Jackson

Favourite moves: strikes, flying moves, reversals, judo throws, hurricanrana, elbow strikes, meteora, tilt a whirl ddt, knee drops, elbow drops, leg drops, 450 splash, moonsault.

Signature Moves

Handstand scissors whip: Gemma will wait till her opponent is groggy and she is a few steps away, before stepping forward and doing a handstand. While in the handstand Gemma will wrap her legs around her opponent's head and try to flip them behind her in a hurricanrana.

Ballerena elbow: Gemma will use her speed to her advantage to do a quick dance like spin with her arms close to her body, before then shooting her arm forward and driving her elbow into the side of her opponent's head. If the opponent is much taller than Gemma then she will switch up the elbow for an uppercut, usually ducking as she spins before then shooting upwards.

Couples dance: Gemma will grab an opponent by the arm and pull them towards her, before then stepping to the side and yet again pulling the opponent towards her, just this time she will jump into the air and attempt to ddt her opponent hard into the mat.

Finisher moves

Party opener: Gemma will hit the opponent with a quick and powerful chop block to cause them to fall to the ground, before then jumping into the air and coming down on her opponent with her boots into either their stomach, chest or midsection. Before then usually going for a quick pin.

Midnight crisis: Gemma will be positioned onto the top turnbuckle standing tall and will leap towards one of her opponent's, keeping her legs close to her body and her knee's up before then landing legs first on her opponent's mid section.

Funhouse express: Gemma will run towards a standing cornered opponent and will lift her leg as high as possible against their body to impact, nailing them in the chest or chin.

Background

Gemma was always a slightly sensitive but funloving hooligan, she'd rarely make enemies but when she did she would remember it for a long time. Her mother was fully American but her father was fully Japanese, which would be the most promiment culture in her household as her father barely interacted with her, but still forced her into things that he wanted her to do. One such thing would be martial arts, where at first she didn't enjoy the sport but as she started to become better at it she would find it more fun and loved the competitive banter she had at her training and being able to speak to people with her body. All was going well until Gemma started to showboat and goad people into going for her and trash talking, her father was very against this development but didn't mind it as Gemma won matches, although eventually she would begin to lose again which trigered more than a few arguments and formed a bad relationship between Gemma and her father.

Gemma dropped out of school as soon as she could, persuing a job in training children in martial arts. She loved this job and liked interacting with the kids whom like her were a bit more silly in nature. While teaching children she heard a lot about wrestling, originally she had thought of it as a little bit silly, but upon seeing one of her favourite fighters appear in a wrestling show she would watch that show and go on to watch more. Gemma get engrossed pretty quickly in the art of wrestling and would join, being completely ambitious and believing that it was all going to be fun and games. However after endless weeks and months of learning the very basics and submissions as well as bumps she would start to feel a bit nostalgic as it reminded her of martial arts, although this was a bad thing since it didn't feel fun or light hearted at all. Gemma had felt for a long time that martial arts and eventually wrestling was something she was gifted at, but not something that let herself express her feelings, all she wanted was to have competitive but fun matches which for the most part wasn't encouraged as many looked down on her for it.  

While training children Gemma would also attend wrestling classes, secretly teaching a few kids how to take bumps and such which would eventually result in her getting fired. Just as she was panicking over what to do though she would be approached by someone who wanted her to wrestle for their promotion. Gemma knowing exactly how people reacted to her more flashy style would instead just show off her amazing strikes and grapples, doing everything she had been taught for almost a full year and being sure not to take away from the serious exchanges. However after wrestling in her first live match she would receive a scolding from the promoter, who shockingly enough thought she was horrible, at first this angered Gemma to the point where she was almost removed from the promotion.

During this period Gemma would train heavily, being discontent with her wrestling and previous martial arts careers. Gemma in a frustrated state decided that the next time she was booked she would fully express herself, she didn't want to do things the way that others wanted if it just made things dull for her and even ended up with her being belittled for not being perfect. So Gemma would wrestle in another match for the same promotion and act as goofy as possible, incorporating her martial arts but also avoiding move after move, dancing with opponent's, spinning or dancing before her own moves and doing plenty of other silly things. After the match Gemma was content but would meet the glare of many of her fellow wrestlers, she expected to be fired immediately when she saw her boss but was surprised to see that he was overjoyed, and that he actively approved of her to do more of what she just had. This gave birth to the new showy style that the woman would go on to develop for years.

While she was wrestling in a different promotion and was an established character she would meet two younger wrestlers, they had been a tag team that while less over the top than herself also seemed to be somewhat showy and fun in nature. After being booked in a story-line where she was to team up with those two wrestlers who were already a team and some other competitors whom she faced in 3 vs 3 matches she would find out that she worked well with both these women, they each offered things that would get the crowd laughing and cheering as well as clapping. Gemma's current promoter would then go on to book the 3 as a stable for multiple years, until Gemma moved onto a different promotion where she would wrestle a few shows before then being scouted for the AFW. Gemma joined the AFW without hesitating and is excited to showcase her style to the fans and fellow wrestlers, plus she also heard that her former tag partners had been recruited and cannot wait to meet them again in the AFW.

Personality

Gemma is an outgoing woman who is eager to express herself both physically and socially. It is rare for Gemma not to speak out about what she does or doesn't agree with, and usually she will speak with her body language just as much if not more than her body. While competing in anything Gemma could be consider unsportsmanlike due to the fact that she loves a quick back and forth of banter, as well as making her wrestling more " fun " in a way which many wrestlers may consider to be annoying or disrespectful. Despite being honest to a fault and somewhat irritable Gemma does not outright seek to annoy others, in fact she will usually try to apologise for annoying others by trying to gain their admiration through favours or feats ( although she will rarely actually resolve the issue, which most the time revolves around her honest nature ) Gemma is also somewhat tomboyish in nature, liking many things that look weird or even uncute such as bugs, scary things and robots which is one of her well held secret pleasures. Funnily enough though, despite not being into cute things Gemma surrounds herself with lots of cute individuals be they male or female, her brutal honesty can be dampened a bit by the face of a cute enough individual.

Strategy

In matches Gemma tries to ware down her opponent slowly over time, although despite this choice she tends to focus on offence and evasion rather than defence which usually is the better option for trying to chop away at opponents. Gemma will utilise strikes, grapples, counters and quick movements to keep her opponent guessing, and her showy and fun style will usually take people somewhat abback as she will sometimes abandon the obviously beneficial counter or attack for something more fun and free feeling. Despite being able to grapple and having good mat work due to being a martial artist Gemma will usually try to spend most the time on her feet, actively avoiding situations which will make things too dire for either side and trying to keep the action quick paced.

Tactics: 3/10 - " I'm not stupid, what is stupid is sacrificing fun and creativity over something as silly as winning or efficiency. The destination is more important than the Journey"
Strength: 6/10 - " I don't need strength that much, I tend to use my speed to get ahead, but I trained my strength when I wasn't focusing on character building or speed training. "
Speed: 8/10 - " Speed is amazing when you have goals like me, sure you can be strong, but then you wont be able to snap out one liners or have the body needed to act on your sudden sparks of creativity during a match"
Sexuality: 4/10- " Sex is good I suppose, I don't really get how it works with wrestling though... I'd rather avoid relying on that in matches."
High flying: 7/10- " Being able to launch myself from high objects is immensely fun, it makes me feel alive and free. Sure it's risky, but I'd rather be freely risky than chained down by the mundane"
Charisma: 3/10- " I can speak through my body and actions, All I need my mouth to do is the bare minimum. Something like that should be obvious to any martial artist or wrestler!"
Technique: 7/10- " Admittedly I don't use this strength much now, it's more so something I acquired before wrestling and so it was easy to transition the skills I already had."
Endurance: 7/10- " Angry wrestlers hit really hard you know, if you pull the stuff I do in the middle of a fight then you need to be ready to take a few punches to the face."

• Competitiveness
  • Truth
  • Uniqueness
  • Banter
  • Being free
  • Winning
  • Creativity
  • Being given the credit she thinks she is due

Dislikes

• Small chat
  • Being forced into things
  • Liars