by ARStudios2000 Today at 4:52 am

» Dirk Lewser Vs. Erina Stallone II
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 1:32 am

» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:19 am

» Avalanche 2023: Iris Takahashi (C) vs Giovanni Zeppeli: Nekketsu Title Match
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:12 am

Who is online?
In total there are 179 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 178 Guests :: 3 Bots

Fummo

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Don't Freak Out (Everyone, please read)

+10
IndigoDragon
Lobo
ThunderFox
Old_Man_Tai
kerflubble
Cy_Man
Cirno
PV
killcarrion
Alexandra
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Don't Freak Out (Everyone, please read) - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Freak Out (Everyone, please read)

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:58 pm

(Edited for personal reasons)

The following is my opinion, which applies only to me and no one else.

This is an upsetting situation, one which I have been upset and angered by.

I do not like when people choose to leave by just dropping everything and running, without so much as advance warning. I find it disrespectful, since doing so basically tells everyone your working with "Fuck you, i'm out, good luck without me"

Since Tat was in such a big position, and was working with and had characters intertwined with almost everyone on the site, and just did a drop off, without any advance warning or offer to help transition his position to someone new, which is temporarily leaving everyone involved in a flux, I saw and took his sudden departure as a big "Fuck You, I'm out" to basically the entire site.

As a result, I made comments that were inappropriate and unfair. I'm sure Tat had perfectly valid reasons for leaving the way he did. Given the responses I've gotten in private, I've obviously offended people. My apologies. I went too far. Won't happen again.

Last edited by Old_Man_Tai on Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Don't Freak Out (Everyone, please read) - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Freak Out (Everyone, please read)

Post by Lobo Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Jesus H. Christ Tai...

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoDragon Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Theres always a way to carry on. Im not gonna give some stupid so each about how we should all go on like nothing happened because something did.

It happens.

Move on.

If you havent noticed we have other people who can do it. So if you cant then maybe you relied on one person a little too much

HOME SERIES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Home X, Home X2: Goodnight, but not Goodbye
(There is no Home 9)
IndigoDragon
IndigoDragon

https://www.deviantart.com/dorune

Back to top Go down

Post by beangraff Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Television shows loose actors, WWE looses particular performers, game series loose developers and VAs, and RPG sites loose players or DMs. Such is the nature of RPG.

If you genuinely are having a problem reconcile it in cannon, say a labor dispute occurred and much of the cast left.

In any event, simply select new moderators--several active ones with spelled out AORs--and continue.

Last edited by beangraff on Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Your writings and head are disordered and mixed up, so that it is exceedingly annoying to read and difficult to remember what you write.

Primarily Tension (but will take the train over to Friction)
Ro Laren
Amanda Clare

Tension
John Mitchel- Former Tension World Champion
Anthony Fuller
beangraff
beangraff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Isn't everyone here just saying the same thing twice?

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Isn't it better to repeatedly say

"Welp that sucks, but we can move on and be better without them"

than

"Oh no, this one person left, we're all fucked and lets mourn forever?"

Back to top Go down

Post by valen311 Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:27 pm

I'm a little late to this, but I just wanted to say that I'm here to stay. The AFW and its comminity are more than any one person. Tat leaving is sad, and definitely we're left in a bit of disarray because of it, but we'll recover.

So, lets just all keep our cool, and we'll get through this.

valen311

Back to top Go down

Post by k0hryuu Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:32 pm

As much as it does kind of suck to get left hanging on those threads, I do want to say-

*kicks over table*

ANARCHY! EVERYBODY RIOT!

k0hryuu

http://officialyuubari.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LtLukas Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:03 am

If most forums had a mod 1/5 as dedicated and good as Tat, then the world would be a better place. Tat was a guiding light, in his roleplaying, in his capacity to be fair, and in his desire to make this board the best it can possibly be. I have a feeling that we will be reeling for a while, and part of me thinks that may be a good thing: it gives us time to all do a little bit of soul searching with regards to what this site actually needs.

Mouse was a wonderful roleplayer, and she is gone now. Rhapsody was a wonderful roleplayer, too, and she is on the way out as well. People come, and people go. It is part of life, on the internet and off of it. If we all lose our heads and act out of line with our values and our judgment, then this site might truly go into a death spiral. In a weird way, this site has provided solace for me, and has sparked creativity in me that I think I would have not otherwise had. Personally, I don't want to see the end of AFW, and I don't think I will.

So let us not rush to judgment, let us not point fingers of blame. Let us not mourn, nor act as if anyone has died. I agree with what most people are saying in this thread, and I think I feel what you guys are feeling. So let us all come together as a community, and be stronger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2