» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:38 pm

» Avalanche 2023: Iris Takahashi (C) vs Giovanni Zeppeli: Nekketsu Title Match
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:34 pm

» The Defiant Darkness tries to get an Underling
by Kookio Today at 9:05 am

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Kookio Today at 8:53 am

» Yori Takibi vs. Birbie Becky - The Blazing Winds Will Rage!
by ARStudios2000 Today at 4:13 am

Who is online?
In total there are 133 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 130 Guests :: 3 Bots

Lobo, ScyldScefing, Teenwrestler

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Hello~! New Player Questions.

5 posters

Go down

Hello~! New Player Questions. Empty Hello~! New Player Questions.

Post by HaraMiya Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:40 am

Hello all, I'm not entirely certain how I stumbled across the old forum for AFW, but once I saw it...well...I knew I had to look into it more and possibly give it a shot! Thing is, I have some questions about things...

1: What is the difference between Friction and Tension? Are they different brands or is there more to it than that?
2: Is there much call for characters who aren't wrestlers? Managers, valets, interviewers, etc.
3: I've seen the same format used for making characters on two different rosters for users, does that mean they're universal?
4: Do you just post on the roster for Friction/Tension and wait to know if the character has been approved or not?
5: Once approved, does anyone have any suggestions for actually jumping into role-play...? Cause...that's honestly the most daunting part about all this!
6: What's the standard on the hentai match stuff? Is lewd stuff supposed to be refrained from being posted (imagewise) or no?
HaraMiya
HaraMiya

Back to top Go down

Hello~! New Player Questions. Empty Re: Hello~! New Player Questions.

Post by acuyra Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:48 am

HaraMiya wrote:Hello all, I'm not entirely certain how I stumbled across the old forum for AFW, but once I saw it...well...I knew I had to look into it more and possibly give it a shot! Thing is, I have some questions about things...

Welcome!

1: What is the difference between Friction and Tension? Are they different brands or is there more to it than that?

Friction is strictly female wrestling. Tension is male/female, though female/female and even some male/male matches happen there, too.

2: Is there much call for characters who aren't wrestlers? Managers, valets, interviewers, etc.

I'd say so. There are few people doing stuff like that.

3: I've seen the same format used for making characters on two different rosters for users, does that mean they're universal?

There's no hard format, though a sample format is available in the FAQ. I think most people use a version of that they modify.

4: Do you just post on the roster for Friction/Tension and wait to know if the character has been approved or not?

Yup. Probably won't take long.

5: Once approved, does anyone have any suggestions for actually jumping into role-play...? Cause...that's honestly the most daunting part about all this!

I could suggest a few things, as could many others. I can't think up any specific advice at the moment, but feel free to PM me if you have a question.

6: What's the standard on the hentai match stuff? Is lewd stuff supposed to be refrained from being posted (imagewise) or no?
[/quote]

I don't think there's any hard ceiling, but I would imagine there is a point where too much is too much. Not something I'd know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Serpon Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:51 am

Welcome to AFW.

1: Friction is female verse female. Tension is Female verse Male or Male version Male
2: Going to let someone else answer this but I have seen characters who are just managers who don't wrestle.
3: No they are not universal, it is just a guide, feel free to use your own type of character sheet
4: Only your first character needs to be approved
5: Try joining the chatroom or making a post on the Notice board
6: This depends on the wrestler and rper. Some wrestlers or rpers will flat out refuse to do such stuff. While others are okay with it. That being said, best to talk to your partner about it before doing such things.

Serpon

Back to top Go down

Post by Daaharu Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:52 am

Hey, welcome to AFW. I bet someone will sneak in with their own answers before I can post this, but I'll answer your questions myself anyway.

1. Friction is strictly female wrestling. Tension is for male characters and female characters that will do either female or mixed matches. Some Friction characters will occasionally do mixed matches, but if you plan to have it as a central thing for your girl, she should probably go in Tension, even if she does fight other females. On top of that, Friction is in Tokyo and Tension is somewhere else, so there is some in-universe separation.

2. There are tons of managers, and a few interviewers, AFW executives, and other characters. Most of them double as wrestlers, but you're welcome to get as unique with your characters as you want.

3. You can get creative with the format (although you should stick with something resembling the example format), but the provided one is, as I understand it, pretty much designed to be universal. If something on it doesn't work for your character, you can probably leave it out, unless it's a key aspect (History, Personality, Appearance, Moves).

4. Yep. Once you post a character, Tatyina will probably approve it (or give you changes to make for it to be approved) within a few hours.

5. It's pretty easy to jump into roleplay. There are always tons of players who are looking for matches. Some are newer themselves and still getting into it. Some will post on the Notice board that they want a new match (you can do this, too, and it is a good way to get some attention when you start off). A lot of people will first plan matches while chatting in the chatbox, so you can hang out there. PMs are good, too; some older members might PM you (I, for one, am often happy to do matches with new characters that match up well with mine), or you can try PMing members.

6. Hentai can be as dirty as you want. The descriptions can be as lewd as you want them to be, or at least as lewd as is agreed to between you and the other player. My characters have had some crazy experiences, and they can be rather graphic. There aren't any out-of-bounds words or anything like that.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions you might have!

Contact me on Trillian (daaharu) if you want to chat or want me to reply faster.

Officially caught up to my AFW replies as of January 23, 2021.
Daaharu
Daaharu

Back to top Go down

Post by HaraMiya Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:00 am

Wow, thank everyone who answered for the quick and thorough responses! They were all very helpful and I'll look into the rosters a bit more before putting up my first character for approval.

Dragon Yukano, Brash Upstart.
HaraMiya
HaraMiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:02 am

Hello! Let's see how many times in a row we can answer the same questions.

1: Friction is female wrestling, and Tension is supposed to be mixed but ends up being whatever.

2: There definitely is.

3: There is no set profile layout. Just start with one you like and do what you want with it.

4: Yeah, your first character has to be approved (by Tatyina). After that, you can do whatever.

5: It's like a 7th grade dance! But without the girls. Neutral You can TRY the noticeboard. Personally, I read some stuff and found one or more people I liked, and then asked them about doing some stuff. That worked out well for me.

6: If we had any decency at all, a lot of the things people write her would be gone. The only limitation I know of that's enforced is with age. No underage sexytime of any kind.

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down